Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

24 Pages123>»
Ken Okoth,MP Kibra..It shall be well
Impunity
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 11:38:50 AM

Be strong,have faith.
Sad
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Njunge
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 11:49:09 AM

Impunity wrote:
Be strong,have faith.
Sad

Ken is one of very few good and honest politicians.Iko nini?Pray
Impunity
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:05:33 PM

The menace.
He is fighting it strongly at stage 4.
Mungu hi mwema.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:13:43 PM

https://www.standardmedi...i-will-manage-my-cancer

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Bigchick
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:29:30 PM

Sometimes words are not enough.The feeling is numbing.May he have enough strength to face the monster.I pray for least pain as he manages the situation.

I like this guy.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Njunge
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:30:15 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/health/article/2001311787/kibra-mp-i-cannot-be-cured-but-i-will-manage-my-cancer

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray

What???..Pray . No wonder he has not been common since the last elections.It will be wellPray
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 1:30:29 PM

"Kibra MP Ken Okoth had abdominal pain & weight loss. For over a year, he was treated for ulcers & bacterial infection. He was also put on drugs to manage stress. What he had was Stage 4 colorectal cancer, which had spread to the liver".

This is exactly why people with money and poor people do harambees to go to India. You can be given a cough syrup in Kenya and you are dying.

BBI will solve it
:)
murchr
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 6:15:36 PM

This is so sad. Our healthcare professionals and systems are really wanting.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 8:08:32 PM

murchr wrote:

Yet they are on the streets each week demanding for pay rises for their incompetence. I Keep telling people, the best thing to happen to the Kenyan medical sector is the Cuban doctors so they can know there are other alternatives. Hakuna mediocrity.

BBI will solve it
essyk
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 9:33:28 PM

2012 wrote:
"Kibra MP Ken Okoth had abdominal pain & weight loss. For over a year, he was treated for ulcers & bacterial infection. He was also put on drugs to manage stress. What he had was Stage 4 colorectal cancer, which had spread to the liver".

This is exactly why people with money and poor people do harambees to go to India. You can be given a cough syrup in Kenya and you are dying.

Liver?? Oh Pray
I keep saying that this is the most misdiagnosed disease.
You will be treated for ulcers,h.pylori,constipation or heartburn at least one of the above yet it's eating it's way into the system.
Once it touches the liver that's it.
Chemo doesn't work..it's horrible.
God give his family grace to handle and give him comfort.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
tycho
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 11:14:19 PM

2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yet they are on the streets each week demanding for pay rises for their incompetence. I Keep telling people, the best thing to happen to the Kenyan medical sector is the Cuban doctors so they can know there are other alternatives. Hakuna mediocrity.

Medicine is an art. And making diagnoses isn't easy and straight forward as we may imagine.

So, while it's preferable to have doctors who never misdiagnose, reality is that even AI can misdiagnose.
murchr
#12 Posted : Sunday, February 03, 2019 11:28:26 PM

essyk wrote:
2012 wrote:

Liver?? Oh Pray
You will be treated for ulcers,h.pylori,constipation or heartburn at least one of the above yet it's eating it's way into the system.

Liver transplant is possible. Just that he didn't have a good doc to properly check what the ulcer was all about. But my layman thoughts are skewing towards he ingested something that has been eating him.

My village wazees are demanding to see those cuban docs. Uhuru should import more
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
#13 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 11:07:26 AM

tycho wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:

Medicine is an art. And making diagnoses isn't easy and straight forward as we may imagine.

So, while it's preferable to have doctors who never misdiagnose, reality is that even AI can misdiagnose.

While I agree with you, it just seems to happen here more often which leads me to wonder if maybe what they are teaching in medical schools is not enough. Or is it due to inadequate and improper equipment, knowledge or is it human error?

BBI will solve it
Muheani
#14 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 11:31:17 AM

This is sad. May it be well for Him and Family.

Huh..the story of our Lives. Did someone say we are all the time either Running from, Towards or around something?

There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.

FundamentAli
#15 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 12:27:33 PM

I love this man. Very genuine and honest man. Home grown and well aware of his people's needs. I pray that he leads a comfortable life.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#16 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 1:59:51 PM

That's really tough on him, sad, its always the good guys who catch tough breaks.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
sitaki.kujulikana
#17 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 2:39:29 PM

2012 wrote:
tycho wrote:
2012 wrote:
murchr wrote:

While I agree with you, it just seems to happen here more often which leads me to wonder if maybe what they are teaching in medical schools is not enough. Or is it due to inadequate and improper equipment, knowledge or is it human error?

dont beat down on our docs like that, it happens everywhere - thats why even in the west they advice one to get a second opinion, also remember locally most people dont have a 'proper medical' history since we vumilia most conditions and only go to hospital if we are worse off.
mkenyan
#18 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 3:35:35 PM

murchr wrote:
essyk wrote:
2012 wrote:

Liver?? Oh Pray

Liver transplant is possible. Just that he didn't have a good doc to properly check what the ulcer was all about. But my layman thoughts are skewing towards he ingested something that has been eating him.

My village wazees are demanding to see those cuban docs. Uhuru should import more

expound please
masukuma
#19 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 7:16:18 PM

My uncle was misdiagnosed for a very long time- ulcers the doctors said it was. I hope he gets better...

On a separate matter - I am surprised that Kenyans have not attributed this to some sort of Karma... if Ruto had the same thing - voices here would be shouting “it’s karma”... “God is punishing him” e.t.c. Now when a person who is good gets it what do we attribute it to? Our health care system... it failed... not God... not Karma... us! Perhaps we should Really see this thing for what it is...
Humans die... cancer is common since most of us are living longer... if we had a better system of health care we would have caught the cancer early (regardless of who has it..”good” or “bad”)... and also accept the fact that we cannot catch all of them (not yet)
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Kusadikika
#20 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 10:06:49 PM

masukuma wrote:
My uncle was misdiagnosed for a very long time- ulcers the doctors said it was. I hope he gets better...

On a separate matter - I am surprised that Kenyans have not attributed this to some sort of Karma... if Ruto had the same thing - voices here would be shouting “it’s karma”... “God is punishing him” e.t.c. Now when a person who is good gets it what do we attribute it to? Our health care system... it failed... not God... not Karma... us! Perhaps we should Really see this thing for what it is...
Humans die... cancer is common since most of us are living longer... if we had a better system of health care we would have caught the cancer early (regardless of who has it..”good” or “bad”)... and also accept the fact that we cannot catch all of them (not yet)

It is human nature to speculate on causes of disease or misfortune. When I saw the news the first question that came to my mind was, has it got something to do with growing up in Kibera? The reason for this was that less than 2 years ago a prominent surgeon who had grown up in Kibera died of cancer at the prime of his life:

https://profiles.uonbi.a...di/files/march_2017.pdf

https://www.annalsofafri...nals-of-african-surgery

I wish him well.