wazua Sat, May 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ADSL modem vs Orange LiveBox
Magnetic Touch
#1 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2009 9:03:00 AM

Before Orange came up with the livebox for the Fixed line ADSL service,some of us had acquired various ADSL modems. For example,I have a Linksys (Cisco Systems) Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway Model WAG200G. This is an Internet Router,4-port switch and Wireless-G access point. It worked very well with the Telkom Fixed line ADSL service. Then Orange decided to relaunch the ADSL service. With the relaunch,they declared that all ADSL users were required t acquire a Live Box and have refused to configure the old modems.

I find this surprising given that I can almost bet that they are not making money from the sale of the Live Boxes. I believe that the money comes from the use of the service. On the other hand,since I know that my ADSL modem is still functional and is capable of speeds of up to 25 Mbps,I have refused to buy a Live Box and hence stopped using their service. Does anyone out there share my predicament or is there someone who can come to my rescue by configuring my Linksys Modem to link with Orange Broadband service?

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.