wazua Thu, May 2, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Strange fruits, trees and plants identification
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 12:17:14 PM

Saidia tafazari.
I always bump into strange fruits, trees and plants that I have difficulty identifying. Wazoo botany experts please help. Asanteni in advanze nduguzanguni!

Found this strange lemon species in DC that has a "ridge" from top to bottom like a Roman helmet.
The mama at the fresh produce market who sold it to me claimed it was a "special lemon from Ukambani". Can anyone identify the exact species?

The flavour is very mild..almost like a lime.

The closest thing I could get to identifying it is "Rough lemon" & Citron but so far no exact match yet. Anyone have a clue?
kawi254
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:03:37 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Saidia tafazari.
I always bump into strange fruits, trees and plants that I have difficulty identifying. Wazoo botany experts please help. Asanteni in advanze nduguzanguni!

Found this strange lemon species in DC that has a "ridge" from top to bottom like a Roman helmet.
The mama at the fresh produce market who sold it to me claimed it was a "special lemon from Ukambani". Can anyone identify the exact species?

The closest thing I could get to identifying it is "Rough lemon" & Citron but so far no exact match yet. Anyone have a clue?

Looks like an ugly lemon/lime...the kind that are rejected by export companies as they are too ugly to be bought in Europe. OR a result of cross pollination of different varieties of lemon/lime.

Join this --> Plants & Flowers East Africa --< facebook group full plant/tree experts.
MugundaMan
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 3:01:14 AM

kawi254 wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Saidia tafazari.

Looks like an ugly lemon/lime...the kind that are rejected by export companies as they are too ugly to be bought in Europe. OR a result of cross pollination of different varieties of lemon/lime.

Join this --> Plants & Flowers East Africa --< facebook group full plant/tree experts.

It is definitely not a "reject lemon lime" but some unique species because every single one of them had the same colour and that ki-strange ridge from bottom to top. And the taste is very unique. It would make a very nice "new variety" of boxed juice IMHO.

On the FB group, asante dugu! Wazoo kumbe is very useful sometimes!
Swenani
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:17:23 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Saidia tafazari.

Inakaa kinyesi after ingesting manangu and other greens from the greenhouses in DC
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
MugundaMan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 9:31:46 AM

Swenani kazi yako ni kupikiria tu vinyesi, slay queens, hymens and lewdness of the most base sort. Bure ghabisa!smile
sparkly
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:08:02 PM

Looks like lips
Life is short. Live passionately.
2Czar
#7 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 8:06:15 PM

Take a look about what I found when google ugly fruit - https://www.google.com/s...69#imgrc=4QljVyho_aVWkM: