wazua Thu, Apr 25, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
River estate
hardwood
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 8:59:09 PM

Gathige wrote:
Who would want to live on the 34th floor in a bldg in a city with no reliable services. This would at best be a hostel block.

You can imagine getting home and finding no power and you got to trek to 34th floor.

The 34th floor is the most prime aka penthouses. Also they have giant back up generators that automatically switch on whenever power goes off. By the way nowadays even kinyozis have back up generators to ensure your hair is done hata stima ikipotea. So power outage should be the least of your worries since chinaman has imported the very best back-up generators from Guangzhou.
Impunity
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 9:52:18 PM

hardwood wrote:
Gathige wrote:
Who would want to live on the 34th floor in a bldg in a city with no reliable services. This would at best be a hostel block.

You can imagine getting home and finding no power and you got to trek to 34th floor.

The 34th floor is the most prime aka penthouses. Also they have giant back up generators that automatically switch on whenever power goes off. By the way nowadays even kinyozis have back up generators to ensure your hair is done hata stima ikipotea. So power outage should be the least of your worries since chinaman has imported the very best back-up generators from Guangzhou.

How much will the service charge be? I hope not kes.20,000 pm.
How many years of lease remains on the plot,I hope sio 39 years.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Chaka
#43 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 10:50:59 PM

Another problem that comes to mind is a 9/11 scenario.. God forbid..
tom_boy
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 7:43:33 AM

Some of the objections raised are laughable. Ati 9/11. Mara lifts not working. Mara its a slum.

Mtalilia choo my friends.

The way I see it, it will be like any other high rise estate only better located in proximity to town, hurligham, westlands, industrial area, gigiri.

Just imagine nyanyo embakasi, Greatwall gardens in kite, greatwall phase 1 and 2 in syoks, lift them up and plop them in Ngara. The rent will likely double.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
wukan
#45 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 9:25:20 AM

tom_boy wrote:
Some of the objections raised are laughable. Ati 9/11. Mara lifts not working. Mara its a slum.

The way I see it, it will be like any other high rise estate only better located in proximity to town, hurligham, westlands, industrial area, gigiri.

Just imagine nyanyo embakasi, Greatwall gardens in kite, greatwall phase 1 and 2 in syoks, lift them up and plop them in Ngara. The rent will likely double.

Well it is in Eastlands, nothing good is supposed to happen east of Tom Mboya street. I can assure you if it was on Ngong road you will not hear any of these funny objections. 88 Nairobi is a residential block going all the way to 44 floors but its in the "right neighborhood".

See the way Gikomba was being sabotaged until the president stepped in. Also the way the roads in eastlando were ignored until the nairobi regeneration started.
Mbarire_2019
#46 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 6:16:31 PM

[quote=wukan]we discussed this project last year with @mugundaman and @kate_mbarire. so market price for studio in Kirinyaga road/Grogan area is 5m, 1bd-6m and 2bd-8m.

http://www.wazua.com/for...posts&t=330&p=5[/quote]

Thanks Wukan....I missed you umenyamaza saaana.

By the way there's Edermann AND the GOK housing scheme set to build such high-rises in Ngara...Wukan do you know how this will affect rent in Ngara?There's also MASS EXODUS OF the muindis who used to dominate Ngara and typically bought in Ngara like 40years ago plus.Theyre all selling their three bd flats and moving to parklands...
tom_boy
#47 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 6:50:03 PM

I would not even begin to talk about GOK housing scheme. I think its a long way coming. Housing fund may very well be a non starter. Too little time for UK to force through this agenda, only 3yrs. This is not even enough time to conceptualize the project, get land, tenders, replan the transport, sewage, water etc so as to accomodate an ultra large project in Ngara. In short, give it 10yrs or so before we can see large govt led project in Ngara.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Mbarire_2019
#48 Posted : Sunday, January 27, 2019 6:53:56 PM

tom_boy wrote:
I would not even begin to talk about GOK housing scheme. I think its a long way coming. Housing fund may very well be a non starter. Too little time for UK to force through this agenda, only 3yrs. This is not even enough time to conceptualize the project, get land, tenders, replan the transport, sewage, water etc so as to accomodate an ultra large project in Ngara. In short, give it 10yrs or so before we can see large govt led project in Ngara.

Nope the wheels are in motion.the people who booked have been contacted....may be sooner than we think
wukan
#49 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 1:24:35 PM

Mbarire_2019 wrote:
wukan wrote:
we discussed this project last year with @mugundaman and @kate_mbarire. so market price for studio in Kirinyaga road/Grogan area is 5m, 1bd-6m and 2bd-8m.

http://www.wazua.com/for...posts&t=330&p=5

Thanks Wukan....I missed you umenyamaza saaana.

By the way there's Edermann AND the GOK housing scheme set to build such high-rises in Ngara...Wukan do you know how this will affect rent in Ngara?There's also MASS EXODUS OF the muindis who used to dominate Ngara and typically bought in Ngara like 40years ago plus.Theyre all selling their three bd flats and moving to parklands...

Hi Kate...ulipotea wapi karibu 2019.

Ngara has old stock of houses and because the street level had been neglected most landlords never bothered to upgrade the houses. I would expect that landlords will now start the upgrades or do outright sales which will eventually affect the rent prices in the area. Also Ngara is now being sandwiched between the old CBD and the upcoming CBD in westlands/Parklands.

I know the landlords in that area very old fashioned guys I would not expect very high upgrades so rent will still be affordable. Now they are all running around putting "not for sale" signs on their buildings.

On the muindis exodus, this has been going on for years especially as the 99 years leases were expiring. After the Thika road upgrade there was no direct connection from Ngara to parklands(ideally the area at fig tree should have an underpass) so they had to retreat to their social landscape. Plus parklands is in what I call nairobi zone of affluence so makes more sense to move to that area.
hardwood
#50 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:30:40 PM

wukan wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Well it is in Eastlands, nothing good is supposed to happen east of Tom Mboya street. I can assure you if it was on Ngong road you will not hear any of these funny objections. 88 Nairobi is a residential block going all the way to 44 floors but its in the "right neighborhood".

See the way Gikomba was being sabotaged until the president stepped in. Also the way the roads in eastlando were ignored until the nairobi regeneration started.

Shida ya middo class ni selfishness. They cant imagine eastlanders living in sleek penthouses served by high speed lifts and other amenities. They believe this must be restricted to kilimani and lavington apartments. They are jealous that their juniors in the office will enjoy better lifestyles than them.
Fyatu
#51 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:38:32 PM

hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Shida ya middo class ni selfishness. They cant imagine eastlanders living in sleek penthouses served by high speed lifts and other amenities. They believe this must be restricted to kilimani and lavington apartments. They are jealous that their juniors in the office will enjoy better lifestyles than them.

And at affordable prices...wivu ni ya nini?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
hardwood
#52 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:40:15 PM

hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

I remember all the objections and hulabaloo when china man put up high end apartments in "githurai". Eti how could he dare put up such a development in such an area? In my view all parts of the city should have nice developments like in all major global cities.

gk
#53 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:32:38 AM

This will surely put Nbi in another class. With all these skyscrapers coming up, the City's skyline will be completely changed by 2025.
Meanwhile across border in UG,Kampala has just launched works on its second tallest tower.....you guessed it...just 24floors!
Ericsson
#54 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 8:59:35 AM

gk wrote:
This will surely put Nbi in another class. With all these skyscrapers coming up, the City's skyline will be completely changed by 2025.
Meanwhile across border in UG,Kampala has just launched works on its second tallest tower.....you guessed it...just 24floors!

That is the way to go;too many tall buildings make the city look ugly
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
hardwood
#55 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:11:29 AM

Ericsson wrote:
gk wrote:

That is the way to go;too many tall buildings make the city look ugly

Like Dubai?
wukan
#56 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:40:17 AM

maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Close to 3K houses in Ngara, unlike Kenyan contractors the project will be executed, infact very fast. Why do I think this project will impact things like rent within Ngara/pangani... I even think it may also impact house/apartment sellers withing Pangani/Ngara for some years by bringing costs down

How much are they going for?

6 and 8m for 1 and 2 bedrooms respectively....

Cash offers 1bd for 3.9m, 2bd 4.5-4.9m for 200 units.Applause Applause First come first served.
Mbarire_2019
#57 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 9:47:13 AM

wukan wrote:
maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Close to 3K houses in Ngara, unlike Kenyan contractors the project will be executed, infact very fast. Why do I think this project will impact things like rent within Ngara/pangani... I even think it may also impact house/apartment sellers withing Pangani/Ngara for some years by bringing costs down

Cash offers 1bd for 3.9m, 2bd 4.5-4.9m for 200 units.Applause Applause First come first served.

Wukan your thoughts?are these worth buying aka unit for rent/investment?The cash offer sounds fair.thoughts?

The
wukan
#58 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 10:30:29 AM

Mbarire_2019 wrote:
wukan wrote:
maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Ryko wrote:

Wukan your thoughts?are these worth buying aka unit for rent/investment?The cash offer sounds fair.thoughts?

The

I don't give recommendations I only give out information that I come across on the nairobi property market trends. I gave my thoughts on this general area of Kirinyaga road and Ngara area somewhere on this thread.
mawinder
#59 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:29:29 PM

hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

I remember all the objections and hulabaloo when china man put up high end apartments in "githurai". Eti how could he dare put up such a development in such an area? In my view all parts of the city should have nice developments like in all major global cities.

Is this Githurai slums? Looks like Lavinhton
hardwood
#60 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:31:04 PM

mawinder wrote:
hardwood wrote:
hardwood wrote:
wukan wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Is this Githurai slums? Looks like Lavinhton

Maziwa/kahawa west. You can create "a lavington" anywhere, even huko dustbowl.