wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
River estate
hardwood
#21 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:25:21 PM

kawi254 wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Close to 3K houses in Ngara, unlike Kenyan contractors the project will be executed, infact very fast. Why do I think this project will impact things like rent within Ngara/pangani... I even think it may also impact house/apartment sellers withing Pangani/Ngara for some years by bringing costs down

The London Grenfell tower fire tragedy comes to mind.

Nairobi Fire department should first upgrade fire fighting equipment and skills before approval for this project.

Hehe. Wakenya see problems in every solution. Sasa huyu ameona moto.
jmbada
#22 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 5:33:46 PM

hardwood wrote:
kawi254 wrote:
Ryko wrote:
Close to 3K houses in Ngara, unlike Kenyan contractors the project will be executed, infact very fast. Why do I think this project will impact things like rent within Ngara/pangani... I even think it may also impact house/apartment sellers withing Pangani/Ngara for some years by bringing costs down

The London Grenfell tower fire tragedy comes to mind.

Nairobi Fire department should first upgrade fire fighting equipment and skills before approval for this project.

Hehe. Wakenya see problems in every solution. Sasa huyu ameona moto.

😂😂true. That was such a specific issue. Narrowed down to the external cladding used for "re-deressing" an older, retroffitted construction.If the point is that firefighting capability needs improvement then that is well taken. But refusing to approve a project because you do not believe that you can stop a fire (accidental or otherwise) is a non-starter.
tom_boy
#23 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 9:29:33 PM

I think its a great development. It will change the face of Ngara. Expect rent upwards of 40k for 2bedroom and 25k for 1 bedroom.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Thornbird
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 12:23:26 AM

Can you imagine with our unreliable power (envision the elevators being out of service and dark hallways) and not to mention the unreliability of our water supply, that would definitely become a high rise slum. Who will the management be? What about the cleanliness of the public areas and garbage disposal for that huge and dense population? How professional and timely will they be at resolving tenant issues?

hardwood wrote:
winmak wrote:
Sounds like a high rise slum in the offing

What makes them a high rise slum? Hong Kong has even taller highrise apartment blocks. China man is only bringing similar building technology to kenya.

tom_boy
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 5:53:42 AM

Thornbird wrote:
Can you imagine with our unreliable power (envision the elevators being out of service and dark hallways) and not to mention the unreliability of our water supply, that would definitely become a high rise slum. Who will the management be? What about the cleanliness of the public areas and garbage disposal for that huge and dense population? How professional and timely will they be at resolving tenant issues?

How many multistoried buildings in Nairobi have you come across that have the above issues. I mean buildings with 10floors and no working lifts. People will be paying service charge and elevator companies want to make money. I dont see lifts going out of service.

Naysayers mko kila mahali. Mtalilia choo....

I remember when Waterfront Gardens was being sold for 8m. I went, I saw and consoled myself that the developers were crazy to build in Kangemi and sell at 8m. Sasa, leo hii, hizo nyumba ni classic sana, going for 30m and value set to double once road construction is done.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
dunkang
#26 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 6:41:50 AM

Those prices my friend are not pocket friendly for such a development. They will be very hard to sell.
Receive with simplicity everything that happens to you.” ― Rashi

tom_boy
#27 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 7:21:05 AM

Anyone with experience living in the Ngara civil servants estate, weka maoni hapa. I think thats a very high density development in the same area.
Lolest!
#28 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 8:56:31 AM

If, as someone told me, old, low quality bedsitters are 15k in Ngara, I would expect a 1 bedroom unit to be 25-30k

These units are going for 6M. Assuming rents of 30k, that's a 17 year PBP(holding rents constant)

But residential rents are rising fast.... looks worth it to me
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Chaka
#29 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 10:20:34 AM

What of supply vs demand dynamics?

Lolest! wrote:
If, as someone told me, old, low quality bedsitters are 15k in Ngara, I would expect a 1 bedroom unit to be 25-30k

These units are going for 6M. Assuming rents of 30k, that's a 17 year PBP(holding rents constant)

Swenani
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 11:09:44 AM

Chaka wrote:

Lolest! wrote:

The target market for Ngara is mostly single working class or newly weds thus it is my considered view that demand in Donholm, South B, South C, Langata, Kinoo, thika road for 1 and 2 bed units will suffer once Ngara project is complete.

A rational human being working in town, Westie etc would rather pay 35K in Ngara than pay similar amount for a two bedroom in Langata, Buru,South B and C etc
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Swenani
#31 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 11:11:15 AM

dunkang wrote:
Those prices my friend are not pocket friendly for such a development. They will be very hard to sell.

What should the price be? Do you want them to priced at the same value of similar developments in DC?

hardwood
#32 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 1:51:33 PM

Swenani wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Lolest! wrote:

The target market for Ngara is mostly single working class or newly weds thus it is my considered view that demand in Donholm, South B, South C, Langata, Kinoo, thika road for 1 and 2 bed units will suffer once Ngara project is complete.

A rational human being working in town, Westie etc would rather pay 35K in Ngara than pay similar amount for a two bedroom in Langata, Buru,South B and C etc

Nearly all the houses will be 2 and 3 bdrm. So they are targeting families. Only 7 houses will be 1bdrm. The project is on 5.6 acres of land. I foresee huge demand. Why should someone working in town live in some funny disorganized flats in kasarani, south b, kinoo, kitengela etc while they can live in a planned community like this development. This will be like another nyayo estate but taller and catering for families.

https://www.businessdail...3382-tuqp3lz/index.html

Quote:
Mr Yang through his firm Erdemann Property said Rier Estate Housing Development will include a shopping complex with 60 outlets, enabling residents to access essential purchases within the mixed-use facility.

The project, standing on a 2.302 hectares, will see 537 units of three bedrooms, 1,088 two bedrooms and seven one-bedroomed houses set up.

According to regulatory filings, Erdemann plans to set aside 875 parking slots for tenants as well as adequate space for children playgrounds.

hardwood
#33 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 2:05:05 PM

tom_boy wrote:
Anyone with experience living in the Ngara civil servants estate, weka maoni hapa. I think thats a very high density development in the same area.

I don't live there but the civil servants estate looks cool with lots of space. The chinaman is only adding elevators and going to 34 floors in the new project.

hardwood
#34 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 2:14:42 PM

Chaka wrote:
Wondering the same..Are Nairobians ready for these sort(copy pasted) of buildings?I wonder how much water will be consumed here per day and if there will be enough of it?Would the storage tanks be on top of the structure?
Angelica _ann wrote:
Been seeing the advert all over the place. How will the facilities, utilities and amenities be, my concern?

Everything is taken care of....
http://erdemann.co.ke/pr...operty/the-river-estate

-800 meters from The New Stanley Hotel
-Connecting bridge from the estate to CBD across Nairobi River.

-Spacious lounge with an open kitchen design.
-Elegant finishes.
-Inbuilt wardrobes in all the bedrooms.
-Sufficient water supply with an underground water reservoir.
-3 elevators per tower leading to the basement..
-Backup generators on stand by.
-Internet and fiber connection.

-2 stairways on each floor.
-Modern building designs.
-Equipped with fire assembly points.
-2 basement floors.

-Fire auto-alarm system.
-Smoke and temperature detectors.
-Fire fighting linkage & ctrl. requirements.
-Fire radio & alarm special communication.
-Emergency & evacuation lighting.
-Pressurized staircase

To fast-track the development, the firm has requested for permission to upgrade Jadongo Road to improve access to the property.

Swenani
#35 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 2:25:16 PM

hardwood wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Lolest! wrote:

Nearly all the houses will be 2 and 3 bdrm. So they are targeting families. Only 7 houses will be 1bdrm. The project is on 5.6 acres of land. I foresee huge demand. Why should someone working in town live in some funny disorganized flats in kasarani, south b, kinoo, kitengela etc while they can live in a planned community like this development. This will be like another nyayo estate but taller and catering for families.

Quote:
Mr Yang through his firm Erdemann Property said Rier Estate Housing Development will include a shopping complex with 60 outlets, enabling residents to access essential purchases within the mixed-use facility.

The project, standing on a 2.302 hectares, will see 537 units of three bedrooms, 1,088 two bedrooms and seven one-bedroomed houses set up.

According to regulatory filings, Erdemann plans to set aside 875 parking slots for tenants as well as adequate space for children playgrounds.

Only 875 farking slots for over 2,720 units? Mcheso!
hardwood
#36 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 2:43:11 PM

Swenani wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Lolest! wrote:

Quote:

Only 875 farking slots for over 2,720 units? Mcheso!

The others can use uber or walk to the office. Infact it is more convinient to walk to the office than have a car that will end up being stuck kwa jam huko cbd.

hardwood
#37 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 2:50:22 PM

Swenani wrote:
dunkang wrote:

What should the price be? Do you want them to priced at the same value of similar developments in DC?

Bei iko sawa especially now that they only want 10% deposit and rest on completion.

tom_boy
#38 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:46:28 PM

hardwood wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Lolest! wrote:

Nearly all the houses will be 2 and 3 bdrm. So they are targeting families. Only 7 houses will be 1bdrm. The project is on 5.6 acres of land. I foresee huge demand. Why should someone working in town live in some funny disorganized flats in kasarani, south b, kinoo, kitengela etc while they can live in a planned community like this development. This will be like another nyayo estate but taller and

Correction. 2 and 1 bedroom only.
tom_boy
#39 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 3:55:28 PM

hardwood wrote:
Chaka wrote:
Wondering the same..Are Nairobians ready for these sort(copy pasted) of buildings?I wonder how much water will be consumed here per day and if there will be enough of it?Would the storage tanks be on top of the structure?
Angelica _ann wrote:
Been seeing the advert all over the place. How will the facilities, utilities and amenities be, my concern?

Everything is taken care of....
http://erdemann.co.ke/pr...operty/the-river-estate

-800 meters from The New Stanley Hotel
-Connecting bridge from the estate to CBD across Nairobi River.

-Spacious lounge with an open kitchen design.
-Elegant finishes.
-Inbuilt wardrobes in all the bedrooms.
-Sufficient water supply with an underground water reservoir.
-3 elevators per tower leading to the basement..
-Backup generators on stand by.
-Internet and fiber connection.

-2 stairways on each floor.
-Modern building designs.
-Equipped with fire assembly points.
-2 basement floors.

-Fire auto-alarm system.
-Smoke and temperature detectors.
-Fire fighting linkage & ctrl. requirements.
-Fire radio & alarm special communication.
-Emergency & evacuation lighting.
-Pressurized staircase

To fast-track the development, the firm has requested for permission to upgrade Jadongo Road to improve access to the property.

Upgrade of Jadongo road is ongoing. Probably 50% done.
Gathige
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2019 8:27:37 PM

Who would want to live on the 34th floor in a bldg in a city with no reliable services. This would at best be a hostel block.

You can imagine getting home and finding no power and you got to trek to 34th floor.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe