wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
MBA
Fundaah
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:29:00 AM

Public universities are just a disgrace.In Nairobi university I hear you are taught a 1975 theory only for the lecturer to tell you that the theory was challenged and rendered useless in 1978.Waste of time......Go to Strathmore.

Besides as Business Daily's Shikwati opinion pg. 10 puts it today.. .....graduates from public universities come out with that 'Mali ya umma' mentality....and promote corruption.

Do not judge me by my name.I'm a super star******
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
McReggae
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:39:00 AM

Fundaah,

That friend of yours forgets one hard fact,graduates from public universities are in most cases sharper fellows than those who attend private universities!!!

As uaself why most private unis can still not offer the most competitive of courses around....I mean,Eng,Med,Actuarial etc

Make money.....then you will enjoy all the fine things in life!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Fundaah
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:50:00 AM

McR&pound;&pound;&pound;&pound;&pound;&pound;

Don't also forget that most of these 'sharp' individuals are the ones entangled in Maize scandals,Goldenberg,Anglo leasing,Sugar scandals,Money printing scandal,mobitelea ......etc........cos of 'Mali ya Umma mentality'

Why most private universities don't offer the courses you've named ....answer .......Funding.

Public universities get government funding ......Private universities don't.

Some courses are capital intensive hence limiting the ability of private universities to offer them.

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
thingira
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:59:00 AM

I hear KEMU is owned by maua methodists- Not sure.
No wonder there are only 2 kenyan universities on @Haiyaas list

A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need. A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.
Andash
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:03:00 PM

SKerians,

I managed to shortlist two out of all the options I was given by my good friends on SK. The list include UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI(THE as its called) and STRATHMORE UNIVERSITY. I will choose one from the two. I should be joining with MAY (2009)intake....come to think of it..Does strathmore have May Intake??

Be the lead in showing the right virtues
Andash
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 12:10:00 PM

Thingira,

Am not really sure about the ownership of KEMU,but all I know is that its a private University lincenced to offer degrees by Commision of Higher Education in Kenya. I guess may be it has some methodist church ownership but I dont know whether its Maua or Nairobi or Nyeri.

Be the lead in showing the right virtues
Fundaah
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:36:00 PM

Public universities produces 'stoke market ' or is it 'Stroke market ' type of graduates .

Go to Strathmore .Number 12 in Africa...........Almost joining the top league of Africa Top 10 universities which have for long been dominated by universities from South Africa.

McReggae
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:02:00 PM

University rankings are soley based on the contents available on the interenet not entirely the whole package a university offers,that's why Strathmore ranks coz the comouter geeks they employ every year!!!

A place you cant wear geans trouser,cant hug a friend,no mini skirt.....aggghhh.....wacha ikae!!!!

THE!!!!

Apple Bees
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:04:00 PM

@Fundah...are you the one who got 'sups' in DAC 101,DAC 102,DAC 201,DAC 202,DFI 201 and then went to a private uni then excelled? Yeah,you got a mismatch-those with C+ to B,while you had an A- from high school and showed them dust. thereafter you secured a scholarship for MBA at the same uni!!

Where else would it be?
McReggae
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:09:00 PM

@Apple bees,

You are spot on,universities where all and sundry can pass any exams is no place for brains!!!

Some people feel inferior and want to justify why they did not make it to the other end!!!

@Fundah!!!

You wanna tell USIU hawana pesa......come on!!!!

Fundaah
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:41:00 PM

failure to embrace technology makes you irrelevant.Most of our public uni.are dinosaurs.They never change with time.

That's why Strath beats them all.

Was among the top 100 in my province(not North eastern he he).I did not fail in my Exams to say in few words. So I do not have reasons to justify my arguments against our public Universities. Ever heard of S*x for Exam pass?

karis
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:58:00 PM

Strath offers good quality education. Forget the crap about hugging and wearing jeans,its a lie. You are not prohibited from hugging,and jeans are allowed on weekends. You see in any case Strath wants to attract professionals who are serious in their career. Chances are that you would not be in jeans during office days (with exception of a few organisations that have dress down policy) and in any case its not too much to wear almost formal clad once a week. Strath lectures are twice a week - once on a weekday and on saturdays. Its an intense practical case and experience driven course,plus there's a one week course at IESE in Barcelona,Spain. Its more costly but the quality is guaranteed. Not an MBA of taking down notes and replicating them to the lecturer at the end of the semester. It has lots of case studies which are very practical and relevant to current trends. They also have lots of visiting professors and lecturers from other universities.

Admission is only once a year - in Jan. Fee is 800k for tuition,80k for books and 300k (approx) for the IESE tour.
Wendz
#33 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:22:00 PM

Forget Strathmore this year. they sent out regrets coz it was over booked. Next intake is 2010 and its not guaranteed. but if you get it,you are home and dry,.

forget the crap called THE! i was there and it is one so damn stressful piece of S!%$#t to say the least. the lecturers are proud and rude,the still think they do you a favour by educating you,its crowded,you hardly get to know the new management skills that is in current world,their library is full of old stinky books.... you cant do any research in that college coz there are no materials. if you can go to a private university,you will be better off. Infact,most of the private universities are taught by the same lecturers from UoN and they confess that when it comes to teaching and learning materials,you are better off in private colleges. plus in private colleges,they are forced to deliver,they just dont fool around!! and no famous STGs?

anyway,thats me but I am so working very hard and hoping that i will never have to take my son to those useless THEs of this country!

Some deals are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
thingira
#34 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:51:00 AM

@wendz
I am confused. UON lecturers are rude,so go for private since they are taught by the same UON lecturers? WTF?

A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need.
A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.
Fundaah
#35 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:55:00 AM

@ Thing*

Same Lecturers at UON teach in private Uni but with different attitude.Clear?

thingira
#36 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:26:00 AM

@Fundaah
Ya i guess. But that's too subjective. Attitide cannot be scientifically quantifiable. You could easily be hating on them. Pretend to be a lecturer for a minute,imagine hating on class1 and behaving on class 2. Once a hater always a hater.

A woman wants one man to satisfy her every need.
A man wants every woman to satisfy his one need.
McReggae
#37 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:10:00 AM

Thingira,

Hebu waulize?........controversy!!!!

Some people seem to have attended MBA classe at UoN and private universities so that they have experienced both!!!!.....mmmmh,very practical indeed!!!!

Manja Investor
#38 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:36:00 PM

I knu lots others from Kina KU and the like.Stop making it look like the ones from THE(whatever the name !!) are the only lecturers in this country yawa!!!

I am at the so called THE but I wish I would have gone to KU instead.Lecture halls are crowded one would think we are undergraduates doing those common units (coz of the numbers)

McReggae
#39 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:43:00 PM

Lecture halls crowded..........demand too high eeh!!!!

kingfisher
#40 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:49:00 PM

its not congestion.........its classes that are full to the brim cause of demand..........

haiiiiyaaa......kwani hi strathmore ni kindergatten? ati you cannot dress in some way? fundaaahh wao......

and who are the majority in the private kindergatens pretending to be universities? those who failed in the first place.......be sure not to find any of those in the public regular cousrses........simply cant get admission.....joint admissions board.........

even admission for an MBA in a public uni with those mtumba papers from USIU and company is like climbing mt.everest..........

all those praising these mitumba paper issuers have little option but to go back and get issued with another extra mtumba paper.........they are trying to gate crash into the REAL community of educated fellows........

ati strath* number 12 in africa......na hiyo ranking nani alifanya? and what was the criterion used,charging 1.2m for a mtumba paper while better equiped and established are charging far less???? cant waste my time looking at it??? bure kabisa

If you have money that you expect to start using in five years,it does not belong in stocks.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.