wazua Sat, May 4, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
MBA
Andash
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:46:00 AM

Hi guys,I believe MBA degrees are same in quality(so long as the colleges and Universities offering them are recognised by CHE). Am shopping for a school to do my MBA,for those who have done MBA's,do u believe that an MBA from this University is better that an MBA from the other University? I was in a private University University(KEMU to be specific) but I feel I shd do my MBA from another University. Fees is not a problem. Any advise from those who have already done their MBA's is welcome.

Life one day at a time!
kiilu
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:36:00 AM

since money is no issue then go for the strathmore MBA. Nrb uni too congested & they are horribly disorganised. why do you want to leave KEMU?
Mbuga Man
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:04:00 AM

i need to know more of your fear.

1. Money you say no problem....Kudos...u must be in the brrrr side of life

2. Doing a project less than a sem (if you want faster....dont try at UON,a project can take upto 6 years)

3. If you hate moving up and down go to UON

4. If you like a class of over 450 go to UON

Sorry for beating up and down,if it is within,I recommend USIU for quality MBA (They have all resources required in a UNi kama latest journals,free internet,Miss USiu)etc....it is the best UNi in MBA.....Project is hassle free (the lecturer harrasses you not the other way in UON)

5. JKUAT na KU bure kabisa hata vitabu hakuna.

If All Men were to remain on Planet earth and women taken to Planet Mass or Pluto,then men will not be tempted...as easy as 1+1
Gordon Gekko
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:49:00 AM

Don't forget to factor in where you work vis-a-vis where the college is. Can you imagine leaving your office on Enterprise Road at 5 pm and trying to get to USIU? Or working in town and trying to navigate through the Langata Road traffic to get to Karen?

Some universities have biases,JKUAT - IT,Daystar - Communications,USIU - International Relations,Strathmore - Business,UON - ?? Your career line can determine the university.
Andash
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:59:00 AM

Kiilu,thanks for ur advise. I have not really ruled out KEMU,its only that my undergraduate was from there so I was feeling that I can break the kinda 'monotony' of both papers coming from the same Uni. Mbuga,good advise(sio ati pesa ni mob saana..kiasi tu..he.)but thanks for giving a nice comparison. My fear was that I hear sometimes pple saying that an MBA from such and such an institution is of good quality,so iask myself why from the other institutions(thats why i was asking for advises of guys who have done it). Gordon,thanks for reminding me abt the distance. I appreciate guys,more suggestions are welcome..

Life one day at a time!
McReggae
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:07:00 AM

There is a difference between the knowledge you gain,the books you read and what the employer needs. Most employers will setlle for an MBA bora it's from a recognized University!!! If you are working in the CBD or thereabouts,UoN is still the best option (less hassle and your future bosses would probably have gotten their's from UoN!!! Otherwise,USIU is definiteky a good destination!

Make money.....then you will enjoy all the fine things in life!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Obi 1 Kanobi
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 11:19:00 AM

Choose btn Strath and USIU,if you want good quality papers and are ready to really earn it. At Strath there is the added issue of them accepting you.

If you jaust want the papers,go to main,you can hire students to do your work for you and you can sit back and concentrate on other issues or just lay back and be lazy.

All the other uni's are definietely below this 3

I guess if you can't win with facts,you can always pen bile-laced,xenophobic rants to distract everyone.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
kingfisher
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:55:00 PM

You want an MBA degree,a REAL MBA degree????

Then go to UON or Strathmore........

If you want to buy an MBA go to USIU..........there students do not fail.......everyone passes........if students fail the lecturer is shown the day.........

If you come to my office with USIU papers i will surely not even look at them...........

If you have money that you expect to start using in five years,it does not belong in stocks.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
eli
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:11:00 PM

Being a graduate of The University of Nairobi,we believe,that the other institutions of leaning are upgraded Secondary Schools! We only have 1 university in Kenya,its name: The

So if you value a name: if you pride is part and parcel of you,then go to UON. Otherwise you can attend any other college where every Tom,Dick and Harry goes to coz,they have cash!

But you shall remember the LORD your God,for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth,that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers,as it is this day. Deu 8:18
Leylah
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:19:00 PM

karibu UoN...........either Main campus in nrb,Bandari in Msa and kisumu campus!
Be ready to study though!

living my life..........
kingfisher
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:24:00 PM

@eli............asante sana.........tell them

UON issues you with a certificate..........others give papers!!

If you have money that you expect to start using in five years,it does not belong in stocks.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
haiyaa
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:36:00 PM

Refer to the link below for university rankings.Let the statistics help you make an informed decision.

http://www.webometrics.info/

watu waache kujipigia debe.Chema chajiuza,kibaya chajitembeza.

also,there is a saying that he who has not travelled thinks his mother is the best cook.

God Is God. All the time.
jipinde
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:58:00 PM

In breeding not advisable.If you were in KEMU move on.

If you got pesa go to Strathmore otherwise UON is a safe bet.

JKUAT should stick to Technology and KU to Education!

......the truth shall set you free.
McReggae
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:07:00 PM

THE.......

Kwanini
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:29:00 PM

an MBA is purely an brand.. therefore the uni matters. all factors constant UoN will skill you with life truths not to be found elsewhere... Strath also worth a try... decide based on your focus. if i were you i would crossbreed KEMU with a public uni MBA... i dont know why but it works.

'I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.'-Invictus
"For i am the master and the captain of my fate"
Gideonboots
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:43:00 PM

THE...

Hand that Giveth Receiveth
petro
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:19:00 PM

Hi,

You may also want to consider an MBA from the prestigious University of Leicester UK. This is a distance Learning course administered by their agents here in Kenya. You are given all the material,you do your home work from home and submit and your exams at the British council.
I have enrolled for Msc Finance with them and like the flexibility. Depending on your schedule and availability of funds,you can take 2-5 years.
Distance learning is now more recognised that before ad it is the future of education. By the way they when you get your certificate,they do not indicate it is distance Learning,because it is equivalent to full time.

See their website here.http://www.le.ac.uk

and their agents contact herehttp://www.charleskendall.com/Contact_Us.html

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.
kiilu
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:05:00 AM

If you thinking of Education for Education's sake I'd tell you there's nothing to write home about the UoN MBA... I did it so I know. There are no books, save for few- the lectures are boring, the MBA office staff are rude to the core,they treat students like third rate citizens..... you will go through this if you ever need to get transcripts.

I digress ..............mc reggae... Cat got your tongue? what's with 'THE......'??
McReggae
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:59:00 AM

Andash,

the only 'THE' in Kenya!!

Gordon Gekko
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 11:14:00 AM

@kiilu,are you saying Odeke is rude?????? By the way are you the one from KPLC?