wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Songs that bring back memories
radiomast
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:11:12 AM

I remember old programs like music time with Obachi Machoka and Music variety. Unfortunately KBC does not have the tapes anymore. They say they had to re-use tape so they recorded over everything. It would have been great to see some reruns.

I remember a band them days called Earthquake. They were led by a fellow called JJ Otieno whose signature song was "kutanga tanga". That was a classic.

There was also a memorable song called "No money no love" by a fellow called Anthony Ndungu. That song became the theme song for another show called "Ujana".

Another song I have been looking for is the theme song for "Dunia wiki hii" with Willie Mwangi or Maryam Lyambila.
Fyatu
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:56:20 AM

harrydre wrote:
Tahamaki...

Evidently, we have severely deteriorated as far as music composition is concerned. To imagine there were such bands as "The mighty cavaliers" in this nation makes me ask the question - What went wrong? where have all the flowers gone??

This tune reminds me of my chipukizi years growing up in Eastlando when i and my posse(passie) used to patronize Brilliant hotel along Murang'a road and Kongoni along Accra road. The days when beer at The Stanley cost the same as beer in the local. The days of price control and the days of Tusker export
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
MugundaMan
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:13:20 PM

Tuku is dead. I hope he knew Jesus otherwise kumedhoka for him no matter how many accolades and tributes that will follow above ground. Life is short mbradhees..
MugundaMan
#24 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 11:05:24 PM

harrydre wrote:

he he he he thanks for this one Harrydre. This dude was the man back in the day with his tumoves and hammer pants.

Sad what happened to him when he lost it all then produced this song about all those who deserted him when the money was gone and the gravy train was over...

MugundaMan
#25 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2019 11:10:28 PM

Songs that remind me of nostalgic Friday nights back in the day