wazua Tue, Apr 23, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Kenyan negotiation tactics are backward and evil
Mike Ock
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 1:55:49 PM

Kenyan negotiation logic:

Meet a hustler kwa barabara adding 200bob profit margin to his product to buy some extra food that week -> "I must negotiate hiyo soo mbili mpaka mwisho, huyu hawezi nigonga!"

Go to Apple store where they are selling phones at 100,000bob profit margin for the Apple CEO to buy some extra yachts and Ferraris -> "No negotiation, I must buy this phone full price ndio watu wanitambue."

Wakenya tuwache kunyanyasa hustler wenzetu, it is backward thinking and evil at heart juu hutaki jamaa wa ghetto akule ata mia moja. Nunua bidhaa za hustler full price and save your stinginess for luxury items. These luxury guys are the real cons, you should never even give them business. Mimi sina luxury item ata moja. Kama ni simu siwezi pita 15k buying price, ata mwenye duka aniambie sijui angalia hii ni original, blablabla. Alafu tena nikipata phone ya hiyo 15k, naskuma price chini as far as possible. Lakini nikipata hustler kwa barabara, no negotiation.
kayhara
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 8:18:52 PM

Mike Ock wrote:

Meet a hustler kwa barabara adding 200bob profit margin to his product to buy some extra food that week -> "I must negotiate hiyo soo mbili mpaka mwisho, huyu hawezi nigonga!"

Go to Apple store where they are selling phones at 100,000bob profit margin for the Apple CEO to buy some extra yachts and Ferraris -> "No negotiation, I must buy this phone full price ndio watu wanitambue."

Wakenya tuwache kunyanyasa hustler wenzetu, it is backward thinking and evil at heart juu hutaki jamaa wa ghetto akule ata mia moja. Nunua bidhaa za hustler full price and save your stinginess for luxury items. These luxury guys are the real cons, you should never even give them business. Mimi sina luxury item ata moja. Kama ni simu siwezi pita 15k buying price, ata mwenye duka aniambie sijui angalia hii ni original, blablabla. Alafu tena nikipata phone ya hiyo 15k, naskuma price chini as far as possible. Lakini nikipata hustler kwa barabara, no negotiation.

Only you wrong my brother, most hustlers are trying to squeeze 1000% profit from unsuspecting kenyans, in college a trouser guy once approached me with a nice bell bottom jeans going for 2k, I didn't have the cash needless to say I got the trouser at 200 after bargaining, which means that even at 200 the guy made fair profit.
kenyans always over quote anticipating bargaining from the customer, but with the internet you look-up the item before going to buy so if i find a hustler selling me TV for 100k yet the official shop is selling the same at 60k, naturally I will go to the official shop.
Add to this selling cars after cosmetic fixes to serious issues which lipuka after a few weeks with the new owner.
But I still support and buy from fellow country men whenever I am getting something.
To Each His Own
mmarto
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:19:26 AM

kayhara wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Only you wrong my brother, most hustlers are trying to squeeze 1000% profit from unsuspecting kenyans, in college a trouser guy once approached me with a nice bell bottom jeans going for 2k, I didn't have the cash needless to say I got the trouser at 200 after bargaining, which means that even at 200 the guy made fair profit.
kenyans always over quote anticipating bargaining from the customer, but with the internet you look-up the item before going to buy so if i find a hustler selling me TV for 100k yet the official shop is selling the same at 60k, naturally I will go to the official shop.
Add to this selling cars after cosmetic fixes to serious issues which lipuka after a few weeks with the new owner.
But I still support and buy from fellow country men whenever I am getting something.

Recently i bought a car fire-extinguisher from kirinyaga road at kes 400. The guys on the street tried to sell me the same at 1,800.
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
faa
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:33:20 AM

mmarto wrote:
kayhara wrote:
Mike Ock wrote:

Recently i bought a car fire-extinguisher from kirinyaga road at kes 400. The guys on the street tried to sell me the same at 1,800.

A leather jacket street vendor approached me at Total Ngong road near prestige, he had some serious good looking leather jackets.

Starting price was "elfu nne na punch" yaani ksh 4,500.00

I told him i have 900 bob. He said 1,500.00 , we finally agreed on Ksh 1000.00 and he even said thank you. The jacket is classy, house of leather sells exactly the same at Ksh 13,000.00

Had I not negotiated the guy would have made 400% profit.