Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages«<678910>
Mobile Loans Ponzi
tom_boy
#141 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 4:32:54 PM

jmbada wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Already they have sent me 'my' fuliza limit and adjusted twice upwards yet i have not accessed/used the service. This is the only serious company in Kenya. Rest are bongo lala .... including once serious Equity Bank.

Let other fellows and companies perambulate as Safcom is making use of cutting edge technology to come up with new products that fellows and companies oblivious of the technology keep saying is not possible even as it is being done.

I can tell you for a fact that R & D at safaricom is at another level. No other company comes close in the region let alone in the country. It is organised, well thought out, extremely well funded, proper working groups and reporting structures etc. And they get very handsome returns for their effort and investment.

Yes. SCOM is "catwalking" to profit growth while banks plod along in clogs😂😂

Safcon does not loan anybody any money. The cash is from cba.

Anyway, a look at CBA loan figures is disheartening. Despite so called run away success in mobile lending, their net loans figure is rather small at 115b ( compared to NIC 114b which has no mobile loans) . Tells you that defaults ni kibao zaidi huko mobile. But figures are being kept secret.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
MaichBlack
#142 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 9:57:30 AM

tom_boy wrote:
jmbada wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Already they have sent me 'my' fuliza limit and adjusted twice upwards yet i have not accessed/used the service. This is the only serious company in Kenya. Rest are bongo lala .... including once serious Equity Bank.

Let other fellows and companies perambulate as Safcom is making use of cutting edge technology to come up with new products that fellows and companies oblivious of the technology keep saying is not possible even as it is being done.

I can tell you for a fact that R & D at safaricom is at another level. No other company comes close in the region let alone in the country. It is organised, well thought out, extremely well funded, proper working groups and reporting structures etc. And they get very handsome returns for their effort and investment.

Anyway, a look at CBA loan figures is disheartening. Despite so called run away success in mobile lending, their net loans figure is rather small at 115b ( compared to NIC 114b which has no mobile loans) . Tells you that defaults ni kibao zaidi huko mobile. But figures are being kept secret.

He he he. Conspiracy theories as an investment strategy/argument in a serious discourse....

When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is stop digging!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#143 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 10:12:08 AM

And some arguments are very pedestrian and 1980s at best! That is why this discussion/argument will never end coz some fellows are stuck in the 80s!

Uber is the biggest company in the world. Do you really take rides in cabs they own? Amazon (and the likes of eBay and alibaba) is the biggest market space in the world. How much of the inventory do they own? YouTube is one of the biggest "media companies" in the world. How much of the content do they create or own?? I can go on and on and on. See a common thread here?? Technology!!!

Ati the money being disbursed doesn't belong to Safaricom!? So what?? It is actually genius!! By leveraging on technology, they are actually making money from someone else'seems money!! Next you will tell us Uber is not the biggest taxi company (and are not making money???) based on the number of cabs they own (or don't own!!)

Welcome to the 21st century! Google which age we are in.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#144 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:27:11 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
And some arguments are very pedestrian and 1980s at best! That is why this discussion/argument will never end coz some fellows are stuck in the 80s!

Uber is the biggest company in the world. Do you really take rides in cabs they own? Amazon (and the likes of eBay and alibaba) is the biggest market space in the world. How much of the inventory do they own? YouTube is one of the biggest "media companies" in the world. How much of the content do they create or own?? I can go on and on and on. See a common thread here?? Technology!!!

Ati the money being disbursed doesn't belong to Safaricom!? So what?? It is actually genius!! By leveraging on technology, they are actually making money from someone else'seems money!! Next you will tell us Uber is not the biggest taxi company (and are not making money???) based on the number of cabs they own (or don't own!!)

Heck!!! Safaricom mints billions from Mpesa! Whose money do they use? Why do you think Mpesa agents keep telling you they have no "float"??? Bacause Safaricom leverages on their money to make billions. That is how we do in the knowledge age!!!
MaichBlack
#145 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:29:00 PM

Link: Shifting to 21st Century thinking!!!
tom_boy
#146 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:41:32 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

Wacha kuchizi my fren. Lending money and uber are very different. When lending, there is something called defaults. It matters alot whose money is being lent and who suffers the default. In case of Safcom, they charge fees while providing a portal for CBA to lend. A zero risk sittuation for Safaricom.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
MaichBlack
#147 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:45:32 PM

tom_boy wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Wacha kuchizi my fren. Lending money and uber are very different. When lending, there is something called defaults. It matters alot whose money is being lent and who suffers the default. In case of Safcom, they charge fees while providing a portal for CBA to lend. A zero risk sittuation for Safaricom.

That is what would make them geniuses!! Thanks for getting the argument (without really getting it!!).

Remember we were talking about Safaricom's innovation and making money. Focus.
MaichBlack
#148 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 12:48:02 PM

And same applies to Uber. They don't bear the risks of vehicle breakdowns, accidents, driver not showing up for work, financing etc.

Is these stuff really that difficult for you to grasp???
tom_boy
#149 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 1:49:14 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
And same applies to Uber. They don't bear the risks of vehicle breakdowns, accidents, driver not showing up for work, financing etc.

Is these stuff really that difficult for you to grasp???

You are beyond help. I have no problem with Safaricom making money via mobile loans.

My issue is BANKS lending MY MONEY and yours ( deposits) to high risk populations in an unregulated enviroment where any event that causes mass defaults ( black swan event) may mean that I lose MY MONEY.

I hope you can finally get it, but I wont hold my breathe.
MaichBlack
#150 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 2:01:38 PM

tom_boy wrote:
jmbada wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

So apart from conspiracy theories, what was your argument here???

And look at what all the quoted posts were discussing!
tom_boy
#151 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 3:24:52 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
jmbada wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

This means that all those guys who think Safcom has pulled a fast one on banks are wrong. Safcom is just being used by banks to lend money. Safcom is not in competition with any bank. There is no liability called " mpesa deposits" in the Safcom balance sheet.
murchr
#152 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 5:05:10 PM

tom_boy wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
jmbada wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

This means that all those guys who think Safcom has pulled a fast one on banks are wrong. Safcom is just being used by banks to lend money. Safcom is not in competition with any bank. There is no liability called " mpesa deposits" in the Safcom balance sheet.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The butter on the bread is the Mpesa transaction fees, the airtime you are using to pay and borrow .

Quote:
Enable you to access micro credit product (loan) of a minimum of KSHs.100 any time and receive your loan instantly on your M-PESA account charged at a facility fee of 7.5%

Safaricom doesnt need anything else.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
tom_boy
#153 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2019 5:49:58 PM

murchr wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
jmbada wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The butter on the bread is the Mpesa transaction fees, the airtime you are using to pay and borrow .

Quote:
Enable you to access micro credit product (loan) of a minimum of KSHs.100 any time and receive your loan instantly on your M-PESA account charged at a facility fee of 7.5%

Safaricom doesnt need anything else.

Naona umenipata....
@jmbada and @Maich, I hope you have learnt something about how safaricom makes its money from mpesa, hint hint, its not by actually giving loans.
mozenrat
#154 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 11:57:23 AM

tom_boy wrote:
What other use can this money be put to except gambling? Who borrows money in the morning with confidence of repaying by midnight other than a gambler?

I have a friend who sells shoes at Gikomba who does this. Borrows, buys shoes early morning, sells and pays the loan. It could be considered gambling but then all companies which borrow expecting to pay from the proceeds of their business would also be considered to be gamblers.
tom_boy
#155 Posted : Saturday, February 02, 2019 8:08:48 PM

mozenrat wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
What other use can this money be put to except gambling? Who borrows money in the morning with confidence of repaying by midnight other than a gambler?

I have a friend who sells shoes at Gikomba who does this. Borrows, buys shoes early morning, sells and pays the loan. It could be considered gambling but then all companies which borrow expecting to pay from the proceeds of their business would also be considered to be gamblers.

I hope you are not about to generalise and tell us that shs 1b in 8days was pumped into mama mboga and shoes hawking businesses across the country. This is in addition to mshwari, kcb mpesa and eqity mobile loans.
mozenrat
#156 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 8:57:43 PM

tom_boy wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

I hope you are not about to generalise and tell us that shs 1b in 8days was pumped into mama mboga and shoes hawking businesses across the country. This is in addition to mshwari, kcb mpesa and eqity mobile loans.

You asked who, besides gamblers, borrows money with the confidence to pay by evening. And that is what I’ve answered. You should rephrase your question if you needed to know who borrowed the entire 8bn..l suppose that would include hawkers, thieves, gamblers, business people, drunkards, priests etc.. I leave generalizations to you.
Angelica _ann
#157 Posted : Monday, February 04, 2019 9:56:27 PM

mozenrat wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
mozenrat wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

You asked who, besides gamblers, borrows money with the confidence to pay by evening. And that is what I’ve answered. You should rephrase your question if you needed to know who borrowed the entire 8bn..l suppose that would include hawkers, thieves, gamblers, business people, drunkards, priests etc.. I leave generalizations to you.

Nice one Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kawi254
#158 Posted : Tuesday, February 05, 2019 9:31:01 PM

Got a call from Okash (didn't even know what Okash is, caller had to clarify it is a mobile loan App like TALA.)

So someone borrowed a mobile Okash loan and put me as a 'Referee' and the person is not repaying the loan or picking the calls so they call me. Looks like the mobile App loans people are calling friends & relatives of loan defaulters as a tactic to recover their bad loans...Told the caller off and She hanged up..so rude.
murchr
#159 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 12:37:36 AM

kawi254 wrote:
Got a call from Okash (didn't even know what Okash is, caller had to clarify it is a mobile loan App like TALA.)

So someone borrowed a mobile Okash loan and put me as a 'Referee' and the person is not repaying the loan or picking the calls so they call me. Looks like the mobile App loans people are calling friends & relatives of loan defaulters as a tactic to recover their bad loans...Told the caller off and She hanged up..so rude.

How jua kali is this one? Did you sign?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kawi254
#160 Posted : Wednesday, February 06, 2019 10:35:20 AM

murchr wrote:
kawi254 wrote:

How jua kali is this one? Did you sign?

No, did not sign nothing. The borrower using the App just lists friends/family and their contacts...without their consent. Other than terrorising with calls/SMS there is no way Okash can recover this money from 'referees'