For investors as a whole, returns decrease as motion increases ~ WB
tom_boy
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 8:23:12 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
wukan wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
https://youtu.be/B__SMl13LIQ

https://youtu.be/ERX7xr-5Wlg

I want to hear wazua's only remaining jubilee spinmaster, @mugundaman.

A shop that was attracting goodwill of 2M in 2012 is now being offered without goodwill and nobody is interested.

I try to understand and rationalize jubilee's insatiable greed. It's evil and demonic but it's human nature. That I can understand.

What I can't understand, is this deep hatred they have for kenyans. That which they can't steal, they must destroy to make sure it doesn't work. Public health system, education system, bad fertilizers to farmers. Now they have their guns trained on the small traders in the informal sector.

You should provide a summary of what is being said in the videos. Not everyone on wazua speaks Kikuyu. I only understand part of it because of spending time with Okuyus

The two kikuyu tv stations both ran this feature over the weekend. Here is a summary.

The businesspeople in Nairobi downtown have been through hell from 2017. Immediately after elections, the govt came after their businesses.

First it was on the excuse of evading taxes. Funny because it's KRA that clears all the goods.

Then KEBS joined in accusing them of bringing in sub-standard goods.

The anti-counterfeit authority jumped in as well. They formed an animal called multi-agency to clear all the goods coming in. This brought in DCI and NIS as well. They banned consolidation as well.

To be fair, the govt had benign intentions. But the sheer incompetence and laziness meant poor businesspeople would pay the consequences.

A case in point. When the operation started, the agencies didn't even have storage for the impounded goods awaiting verification. In 2017, goods worth 100s of millions were destroyed by rains in a yard owned by kebs. As the importers were busy looking for the certificate of comformity from the agency subcontracted by kebs, their goods got destroyed.

So now it's hell getting goods into Kenya. And when they come, the prices are outrageous and the time taken beats business sense. That is how the shops get closed.

But wait, how comes there is no shortage of chinese merchadise ? A miracle really. The same goods which kenyans can't import, Chinese are bringing them everyday. No questions asked.

Hard to understand why they hate the people who voted for them this much.

Kumira kumira mentality. What do you expect from people of low intelligence and a highly intelligent thief. Just look at the background of our 2 guys at the top. One has never ever achieved anything on his own, his whole life. Has not even run the family business. The other has achieved alot but is also alledged to be a thief. Put the two together and you expect a miracle? I dont think so.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
FRM2011
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 4:55:05 PM

https://www.the-star.co....-to-layoffs-kam-survey/

Not a big deal really. Anyone's with a huduma number Will be getting job offers from the government.
Conquestador
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:49:02 PM

If I were those people complaining, I'd change strategy.

Join hands and create some form of a manufacturing supply/ value chain.

Say for making bulbs:
- a group to join hands and invest in high density polyethylene factory to make bulb casings and supply to
- a group making LEDs who gets their refined gallium and other semiconductor materials from,
- another group that has invested in refining crude group 3 and 4 of periodic table who gets crude from,
-another group importing crude minerals from...perhaps even DRC (take advantage of AfCFTA)

Same for a phones manufacturing chain:

-the plastics group supplies,
- the (gorilla) glass making group who combines and supplies
- columbite and tantalite (coltan) importers - can be obtained very easily from Eastern DRC
who supplies....

Then another group to market finished goods under AfCFTA.

Importing those raw materials will have very little resistance from authorities as they will salivate at the end of the conveyor belt.

If an organized supply chain of that nature confronts the government and demands better treatment, someone will listen. Especially when they drop names such as Gallium, Germanium, Arsenic... to you-know-which leaders.

And trust me, if that happens, we would see crest-fallen, epicanthic individuals shipping themselves out of +254 in droves.

Angelica _ann
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:07:28 PM

New Eurobond iko ndani ndani ndani kabsaa
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
maka
#26 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 12:15:06 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

National debt spiral....
possunt quia posse videntur
iris
#27 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:16:14 AM

maka wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

National debt spiral....

Can we call it a government pyramid scheme?
mlennyma
#28 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 9:42:37 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

we have not seen the worst yet,wait for no.2 to become no.1
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."