Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
My Picks for 2019
sparkly
#41 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 8:53:55 AM

obiero wrote:
young wrote:
@S.Muthaga 111

Would have preferred to reach you directly but its not possible .

Yes your selection is good fundamentally but kindly be advised that you should not stay too long on this counter for 2 reasons

- It is illiquid low cap stock
- After this earning season stocks will retreat from late June, there will be market correction that will affect LKL negatively even though her Fy end is June and Q4 results is in Nov.

If I were you (though you are not me) I will try and exit at 6.63 still a tidy 43% gross off site which is excellent in a bearish market.

In general I kindly advise to deploy your intelligent strategy to liquid big cap stocks, so that if you make moderate gain 20 to 35% gain , you are assured of easy entry and exit, and in market downtown if you tarry a while you will make some gains

Typical examples includes

Safaricom 24/28
KCB. 38/45
EQUTY. 36/44
STANBIC. 83/100
EABL. 185/210
BBK. 10.50/11.90

I personally did badly in speculation in my first few years in NSE as I was mostly with low cap stocks like Mumias, Cables, Uchumi of yesteryears but for more than 10 years now I got born again as a long termer on big cap stocks.
Though I am not perfect but I can attest to incremental dividends like this year
on
KCB 2.0/2.5
EABL interim 2.0/2.5
BBK. 0.8/0.9
Safcom likely 1.10/1.20
COOP. 0.8/1.0
SCB. 12.5/14

The luggards in my portfolio are not doing badly dividend wise relative to last year

Bamburi 4/5.1
NSE. 0.3/0.49

Etc.

Different strokes to different folks.
I prefer to invest long term and stay with market leaders .

May be if I wanted to speculate further I would sticked to only the big 4. That is

Safaricom
EABL
KCB
Equity

For example for 3 years running 2017/2018/2019 cytonn has successfully made gains by positioning in KCB at sub 39 and exiting at sub 45 over less than a year period

Be rest assured as per your desire that you will still catch KCB at below 40 Bob.

Thanks and Regards

Mzee Young

Note:- 1 have 15 years experience in Kenya NSE as a non resident foreign investor .As a retiree part of my passive income is from NSE. Mainly dividends

No serious investor should be missing KCB from his/her portfolio at the moment. COOP also trading at extremely underrated price

I am a bit wary of KCB. It has become a saviour of struggling banks re. Imperial Bank and NBK which have alot of skeletons. Intergration might prove costly.
Life is short. Live passionately.
lochaz-index
#42 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:12:32 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
@S.Muthaga 111

Yes your selection is good fundamentally but kindly be advised that you should not stay too long on this counter for 2 reasons

- After this earning season stocks will retreat from late June, there will be market correction that will affect LKL negatively even though her Fy end is June and Q4 results is in Nov.

If I were you (though you are not me) I will try and exit at 6.63 still a tidy 43% gross off site which is excellent in a bearish market.

In general I kindly advise to deploy your intelligent strategy to liquid big cap stocks, so that if you make moderate gain 20 to 35% gain , you are assured of easy entry and exit, and in market downtown if you tarry a while you will make some gains

Safaricom 24/28
KCB. 38/45
EQUTY. 36/44
STANBIC. 83/100
EABL. 185/210
BBK. 10.50/11.90

I personally did badly in speculation in my first few years in NSE as I was mostly with low cap stocks like Mumias, Cables, Uchumi of yesteryears but for more than 10 years now I got born again as a long termer on big cap stocks.
Though I am not perfect but I can attest to incremental dividends like this year
on
KCB 2.0/2.5
EABL interim 2.0/2.5
BBK. 0.8/0.9
Safcom likely 1.10/1.20
COOP. 0.8/1.0
SCB. 12.5/14

The luggards in my portfolio are not doing badly dividend wise relative to last year

Bamburi 4/5.1
NSE. 0.3/0.49

Etc.

May be if I wanted to speculate further I would sticked to only the big 4. That is

Safaricom
EABL
KCB
Equity

For example for 3 years running 2017/2018/2019 cytonn has successfully made gains by positioning in KCB at sub 39 and exiting at sub 45 over less than a year period

Be rest assured as per your desire that you will still catch KCB at below 40 Bob.

Thanks and Regards

Mzee Young

Note:- 1 have 15 years experience in Kenya NSE as a non resident foreign investor .As a retiree part of my passive income is from NSE. Mainly dividends

No serious investor should be missing KCB from his/her portfolio at the moment. COOP also trading at extremely underrated price

I am a bit wary of KCB. It has become a saviour of struggling banks re. Imperial Bank and NBK which have alot of skeletons. Intergration might prove costly.

Also sceptical of this strategy by kcb. I'm not even sure whether these acquisitions are business or politically motivated. Other than cronyist business from GoK (they will have a near monopoly of it after acquiring nbk) for the entirety of the rate cap period, I don't think they are seeing the market with clear lenses.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
Ericsson
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 2:43:06 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
@S.Muthaga 111

Safaricom 24/28
KCB. 38/45
EQUTY. 36/44
STANBIC. 83/100
EABL. 185/210
BBK. 10.50/11.90

on
KCB 2.0/2.5
EABL interim 2.0/2.5
BBK. 0.8/0.9
Safcom likely 1.10/1.20
COOP. 0.8/1.0
SCB. 12.5/14

Bamburi 4/5.1
NSE. 0.3/0.49

Etc.

Safaricom
EABL
KCB
Equity

Thanks and Regards

Mzee Young

Also sceptical of this strategy by kcb. I'm not even sure whether these acquisitions are business or politically motivated. Other than cronyist business from GoK (they will have a near monopoly of it after acquiring nbk) for the entirety of the rate cap period, I don't think they are seeing the market with clear lenses.

After NBK they still intend to acquire another weak bank
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
sparkly
#44 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:06:45 PM

Ericsson wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
young wrote:
@S.Muthaga 111

Safaricom 24/28
KCB. 38/45
EQUTY. 36/44
STANBIC. 83/100
EABL. 185/210
BBK. 10.50/11.90

on
KCB 2.0/2.5
EABL interim 2.0/2.5
BBK. 0.8/0.9
Safcom likely 1.10/1.20
COOP. 0.8/1.0
SCB. 12.5/14

Bamburi 4/5.1
NSE. 0.3/0.49

Etc.

Safaricom
EABL
KCB
Equity

Thanks and Regards

Mzee Young

After NBK they still intend to acquire another weak bank

Which one? Consolidated Bank and Development Bank are GOK associated. Could it be one of them?
Life is short. Live passionately.
S.Mutaga III
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2019 6:07:21 PM

Second Pick: Kenya Commercial Bank

FY PBT 2016 = Ksh 29 Billion + 9.6%
FY PBT 2017 = Ksh 29.11 Billion + 0.079% (Rate Cap)
FY PBT 2018 = Ksh 33.85 Billion + 16.297%

PE after merger with NBK = 5.69

Current Price = Ksh 41.4

Dividend yield = 8.45%

Amount allocated to KCB: Ksh 421,866

Number of Shares = 10,000

41.4*10,000 = Ksh 414,000

0.019*414,000 = Ksh 7,866

414,000 + 7,866 = Ksh 421,866

Cash in Bank: Ksh 199,066

Commentary:
I am not an accountant, so you can correct me whenever necessary. I did some math and according to my calculations, KCB's acquisition of NBK will only result in a less than 5% dilution, assuming that NBK's profits are negligible. Using KCB's earnings for the last financial year, the new EPS would be 7.28 down from 7.83 due to the additional shares. KCB is expanding internationally, and so far so good. I decided to buy in because I believe that the price is a huge bargain for a less than 5% dilution. I have been waiting patiently for the price to pull back and I finally got the chance. That 8.45% dividend yield is also too juicy to pass and Oigara announced that the lender would continue distributing 50% of earnings as dividends. Blue chip company, bargain price, solid growth locally and internationally. My only worry is that KCB is acquiring local lenders instead of banks in foreign countries.

Meanwhile, I will study the market and wait for new opportunities.

#The Only Easy Day Was Yesterdaysmile
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
Ericsson
#46 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 12:39:57 AM

S.Mutaga III wrote:

Current Price = Ksh 41.4

Dividend yield = 8.45%

Commentary:
I am not an accountant, so you can correct me whenever necessary. I did some math and according to my calculations, KCB's acquisition of NBK will only result in a less than 5% dilution, assuming that NBK's profits are negligible. Using KCB's earnings for the last financial year, the new EPS would be 7.28 down from 7.83 due to the additional shares. KCB is expanding internationally, and so far so good. I decided to buy in because I believe that the price is a huge bargain for a less than 5% dilution. I have been waiting patiently for the price to pull back and I finally got the chance. That 8.45% dividend yield is also too juicy to pass and Oigara announced that the lender would continue distributing 50% of earnings as dividends. Blue chip company, bargain price, solid growth locally and internationally. My only worry is that KCB is acquiring local lenders instead of banks in foreign countries.

I will wiat for it to go below 40 during the low season of the NSE which usually starts from June when most companies will be paying out their dividends or from October when those that declare interim dividends will be paying out.
Target dividend yield is 9%+
The local lenders KCB is acquiring are at cheap prices.
young
#47 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 10:24:26 AM

@Ericson Wrote:-
I will wait for it to go below 40 during the low season of the NSE which usually starts from June when most companies will be paying out their dividends or from October when those that declare interim dividends will be paying out.
The local lenders KCB is acquiring are at cheap prices
END

On point @Ericsson
For long termers you can equally get the KCB dividend and re-invest at sub 40 .

Fund Managers when injecting additional funds do invest in the stated period as it is cheaper than cum dividend .
Ask Cytonn & co......

Safaricom is an exception this year because of special dividend. It will be a good opportunity to get it at sub 27 in DUE course at cum dividend plus special dividend as register closes Aug 30.
Her half year is early Nov, it is from then depending on the result it will gradually move north wards up until FY results in May 2020 before losing steam as it is now.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#48 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 10:32:38 AM

young wrote:
I will wait for it to go below 40 during the low season of the NSE which usually starts from June when most companies will be paying out their dividends or from October when those that declare interim dividends will be paying out.
END

On point @Ericsson

Fund Managers when injecting additional funds do invest in the stated period as it is cheaper than cum dividend .
Ask Cytonn & co......
Get to enjoy the interim dividend for this year and the full year

Safaricom is an exception this year because of extra dividend. It will be a good opportunity to get it at sub 27 in discourse at cum dividend plus special dividend as register closes Aug 30.
Her half year is early Nov, it is from then depending on the result it will gradually move north wards up until FY results in May 2020 before losing steam as it is now.

Safaricom loses steam between November and March.That is the best time to acquire.

young
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 10:40:42 AM

I am talking about KCB dividend reinvestment @Ericsson not the holding so you enjoy interim dividend on both the previous holding and additional units bought from FY dividend.

Safaricom HY results influences the price post HY but FY results does not affect upwards movement of price on the short term. This is the general trend over the years, though occasionally there may be exceptions.

Do your research and thank me later (Re OBIORO my friend)

Investors typical response to performance
and the general market pulse is more important than timing the counter.

That is my point.
The wazua spirit as members is to educate and inform and learn from others within the limit of what we know in any chosen area irrespective of our differences in tribes, nationalities, etc. .
Ericsson
#50 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 10:55:23 AM

young wrote:
I am talking about KCB dividend reinvestment @Ericsson not the holding so you enjoy interim dividend on both the previous holding and additional units bought from FY dividend.
I meant if you buy the share in June/July and hold till around October you will enjoy the interim dividend

Safaricom HY results influences the price post HY but FY results does not affect upwards movement of price on the short term.

In January this year Safaricom hit a low of 21.30.That price you won't see while it's trading cum dividend.

That is my point.

young
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 1:21:01 PM

Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
I meant if you buy the share in June/July and hold till around October you will enjoy the interim dividend

Safaricom HY results influences the price post HY but FY results does not affect upwards movement of price on the short term.

In January this year Safaricom hit a low of 21.30.That price you won't see while it's trading cum dividend.

That is my point.

Different thoughts , different approaches no need for me old papa to overflog this minor issue .

Cheers
S.Mutaga III
#52 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 3:29:07 PM

Ericsson wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

Current Price = Ksh 41.4

Dividend yield = 8.45%

Commentary:

I will wiat for it to go below 40 during the low season of the NSE which usually starts from June when most companies will be paying out their dividends or from October when those that declare interim dividends will be paying out.

In that case I will just average down. There is no guarantee it will go below 40, so I would rather average down if it does, than stay without a position. I wouldn't be surprised if it rallied back to 45ish by end-month. For me it is a win-win situation. If it nosedives to Ksh 36 and the fundamentals remain intact, I will get the chance to buy more and lower my average buying price. If it rallies from here, I retain my current holding at and profit. If it doesn't go sub-40, you will be left without any investment trying to catch that bottom.
A successful man is not he who gets the best, it is he who makes the best from what he gets.
S.Mutaga III
#53 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 3:35:16 PM

Ericsson wrote:
young wrote:
END

On point @Ericsson

Ask Cytonn & co......
Get to enjoy the interim dividend for this year and the full year

Safaricom is an exception this year because of extra dividend. It will be a good opportunity to get it at sub 27 in discourse at cum dividend plus special dividend as register closes Aug 30.

Safaricom loses steam between November and March.That is the best time to acquire.

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you The best time to buy a stock is when it is selling at a discount - not on any specific month, year or holiday.
S.Mutaga III
#54 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 3:41:07 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Laughing out loudly

Keep hope alive.
I will get back into the casino when Safcom hits 10 Bob and ICDC hits 5 Bob. Hizo zingine ni nyani bin nyanis.

You must be new here. Anyway, all the best trying to catch that bottom :)

You ain't seen nuffin yet Laughing out loudly. Longhorn will be trading at 30 cents by Dec 2019. Ask those hopeless hope filled hopers who clung on to turbo nyani HAFR hoping upon hope it would zoom "soon" Laughing out loudly. I told them to run from that thing but they did not listen, now they are eating crow! My fren, SELL this thing or regret bitterly when dec 2019 arrives! The NSE bear run has not even started proper yet!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly We are 40+% up and still grinding. We may reach Ksh 8 by the end of the year depending on the results.
xtina
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 4:15:19 PM

young wrote:
END

On point @Ericsson

Ask Cytonn & co......

Safaricom is an exception this year because of special dividend. It will be a good opportunity to get it at sub 27 in DUE course at cum dividend plus special dividend as register closes Aug 30.

Might happen sooner than I thought, Safcom's downward trend continues unabated. Will also add more.
Ericsson
#56 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 6:20:00 PM

S.Mutaga III wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

Current Price = Ksh 41.4

Dividend yield = 8.45%

Commentary:

In that case I will just average down. There is no guarantee it will go below 40, so I would rather average down if it does, than stay without a position. I wouldn't be surprised if it rallied back to 45ish by end-month. For me it is a win-win situation. If it nosedives to Ksh 36 and the fundamentals remain intact, I will get the chance to buy more and lower my average buying price. If it rallies from here, I retain my current holding at and profit. If it doesn't go sub-40, you will be left without any investment trying to catch that bottom.

Kcb touched a low of ksh.40 today trading session
Ebenyo
#57 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 8:37:10 PM

Ericsson wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
S.Mutaga III wrote:

Current Price = Ksh 41.4

Dividend yield = 8.45%

Commentary:

Kcb touched a low of ksh.40 today trading session

monday-41.30 @1,285,000
Tue-41.35 @ 2,186,600
Wed-41.40 @479,500.
Between Monday and yesterday,it's been on upward trend.But today it dropped with a volume of 607,600.
This suggests some speculators were taking profit or they were expecting quarter 1 results today but failed.Lets see tomorrow how the trading will be,then we can be able to tell whether the price is looking up or down.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#58 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 12:03:44 PM

Safaricom at ksh.27.50 per share
KCB at ksh.40.60
Bear run continuing
Horton
#59 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 1:14:10 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Safaricom at ksh.27.50 per share