wazua Fri, Apr 19, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Transcentury vs Kenya Power
the deal
#21 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 5:21:40 PM

sparkly wrote:

So everyone on Wazua was wrong. Show us the way great Oracle MaichBlack.

@sparkly hindsight is 20/20...

MaichBlack
#22 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 6:30:52 PM

sparkly wrote:

I hate this attitude and I don't engage with people who have it because they are more interested in the heat than the light!!! That doesn't add value to anyone!

I stated facts which you pretended did not happen (despite contributing in those threads) and asked me to point you to those threads. I was gracious enough to dig up some of those threads and post the links as you requested. Sasa umeanza story mob. Whatever is in those threads is clear for everyone to see. Now what do you want me to do???
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#23 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 6:40:03 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
As a contrarian play, which one entails less risk of loss?

Monkeys

Both are traps aka handcuffs!!!

What is the basis of these conclusions? Have you not heard that past performance is not an indication of future performance? Are you saying that nothing is being done to address issues that led to past poor performance? I think not!

Wazua is a great place to get information but at times it can dish you tonne loads of misleading information!!! Safaricom comes to mind. The stock was totally bashed in Wazua even when it was trading at Kshs. 2.xy. Almost everyone wrote it's obituary and even prepared for its funeral. "Safaricom was finished. Could not compete. Voice was dead bla bla bla!!!". And threads were all over. You can dig them up!!! Suffice it to say most Wazuans missed the bus by millions of miles.

I love Wazuans. They are very resourceful and have extremely valuable information. But when they are wrong, boy can they be wrong!!!

Kindly read this @sparkly. And because it is written/typed (as opposed to spoken) you can read (very) slowly and let every word sink in.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
sparkly
#24 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 7:57:08 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

What is the basis of these conclusions? Have you not heard that past performance is not an indication of future performance? Are you saying that nothing is being done to address issues that led to past poor performance? I think not!

Wazua is a great place to get information but at times it can dish you tonne loads of misleading information!!! Safaricom comes to mind. The stock was totally bashed in Wazua even when it was trading at Kshs. 2.xy. Almost everyone wrote it's obituary and even prepared for its funeral. "Safaricom was finished. Could not compete. Voice was dead bla bla bla!!!". And threads were all over. You can dig them up!!! Suffice it to say most Wazuans missed the bus by millions of miles.

I love Wazuans. They are very resourceful and have extremely valuable information. But when they are wrong, boy can they be wrong!!!

Kindly read this @sparkly. And because it is written/typed (as opposed to spoken) you can read (very) slowly and let every word sink in.

You are preaching to the converted.

I make my trades public. I have staked real cash on stocks perfomance against @vvs and @Obiero right here on wazua.

Even my current portfolio is disclosed on post #173 on this thread - http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...ts&t=36025&p=9.

I have seen many including @Vvs, @Angelica, @guru, @Obiero, @Pkoli, @Ebenyo among others disclose their holdings and rationale but not your's.
Life is short. Live passionately.
MaichBlack
#25 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 9:23:37 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

I make my trades public. I have staked real cash on stocks perfomance against @vvs and @Obiero right here on wazua.

Even my current portfolio is disclosed on post #173 on this thread - http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...ts&t=36025&p=9.

I have seen many including @Vvs, @Angelica, @guru, @Obiero, @Pkoli, @Ebenyo among others disclose their holdings and rationale but not your's.

This was never about you @sparkly (or anyone for that matter). Congratulations for managing to make it about you!!!
sparkly
#26 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 9:44:47 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

This was never about you @sparkly (or anyone for that matter). Congratulations for managing to make it about you!!!

Thank you. You made it about wazuans. My point is that you throw brick bats at wazuans yet your contribution is negligible. Just shut up.
Horton
#27 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 11:07:54 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Thank you. You made it about wazuans. My point is that you throw brick bats at wazuans yet your contribution is negligible. Just shut up.

There goes sparkly with insults 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ Pole Maich u have all the right to your opinions
sparkly
#28 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 11:58:16 PM

Horton wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

There goes sparkly with insults 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ Pole Maich u have all the right to your opinions

@Horton you don't know @MaichBlack. Anyway I am taking a break from Wazua for a while. Have fun boys and girls.
Ericsson
#29 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 12:03:00 AM

Turudi topic of discussion
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
MaichBlack
#30 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 7:11:21 AM

Horton wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Thanks @Horton. I am wondering what this fellow is saying when he says my contribution is negligible. All he has to do is search my name.

And you have been in Wazua for 11 years and this fellow tells you you don't know me. He has been here for 9. Shows you the kind of fellow he is. He knows everything. No one else does!!!
MaichBlack
#31 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 8:29:11 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Turudi topic of discussion

Yeah. Nice idea. Let's do that.
MaichBlack
#32 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 9:00:16 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Name names. Who wrote off Safaricom? When? Point us to the thread so that we can contribute meaningfully.

Were you in Wazua when Safaricom was trading sub 3/=???

"Chartist" made me sell part of my safaricom at 11 bob, the oversold - overbought blal blal blal. I have never believed anything from them since. Do your own research & make your move.

Both for these two shares they are both operating under heavy debt - finance cost and negative cash flow. Further I don't trust management of KPLC & Transcentury is suffering from heavy competition from Chinese products some of which are third rate - counterfeits plus their previous deal making prowess disappeared after the exit of Kibaki.

Ni hayo tu!!!

True. Things are elephant for both these firms. But at least there are some changes being effected at Kenya Power but the effects are yet to start being felt. And if Arap Mashamba takes over then things will totally fall apart!!

The debt at Kenya Power is a big concern. They are unable to service their short term debt and have to refinance. Not good news.

Having said that, I will be buying Kenya Power. I missed the 3.15/= price but hopefully it will come down again. This is a big risk and it will be years before I see any dividend but I expect gradual capital growth. Kenya Power is a monopoly messed by corruption, management and political interference. The first two are being sorted pole pole. We wait to see the depth of the solution. The third one will always be a problem with the current shareholding structure. We can only hope for restraint and commonsense from the government.
sparkly
#33 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 10:20:47 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Name names. Who wrote off Safaricom? When? Point us to the thread so that we can contribute meaningfully.

Were you in Wazua when Safaricom was trading sub 3/=???

"Chartist" made me sell part of my safaricom at 11 bob, the oversold - overbought blal blal blal. I have never believed anything from them since. Do your own research & make your move.

Both for these two shares they are both operating under heavy debt - finance cost and negative cash flow. Further I don't trust management of KPLC & Transcentury is suffering from heavy competition from Chinese products some of which are third rate - counterfeits plus their previous deal making prowess disappeared after the exit of Kibaki.

Ni hayo tu!!!

True. Things are elephant for both these firms. But at least there are some changes being effected at Kenya Power but the effects are yet to start being felt. And if Arap Mashamba takes over then things will totally fall apart!!

The debt at Kenya Power is a big concern. They are unable to service their short term debt and have to refinance. Not good news.

Having said that, I will be buying Kenya Power. I missed the 3.15/= price but hopefully it will come down again. This is a big risk and it will be years before I see any dividend but I expect gradual capital growth. Kenya Power is a monopoly messed by corruption, management and political interference. The first two are being sorted pole pole. We wait to see the depth of the solution. The third one will always be a problem with the current shareholding structure. We can only hope for restraint and commonsense from the government.

1. So you went round the tangent, just to justify your purchase of Kenya Power. The truth always come out.

2. You started with how Wazuans were wrong on Safaricom and Equity and how they shouldn't be trusted. Then you went all over the place on personalities instead of issues.

3. It's obvious your feelings were hurt when I called your betrothed, Kenya Power a monkey.

4. Kenya Power IS a monkey, in management and perfomance (with exception of a few Kibaki years). Its fundamentals are nowhere near and will never be near Safaricom or Equity Bank.

5. If you have chosen to wed a monkey, no problem. Love your monkey and accept the compliments and otherwise. You don't need validation by the whole of Wazua. Pambana na hali yako.
MaichBlack
#34 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 11:23:44 AM

Someone needs to get laid!!!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly )
sparkly
#35 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 11:31:37 AM

MaichBlack wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly )

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Let me conduct a quick vote. Let wazuans decide by voting (1) or (2). Vote closes in 24 hrs:

1. @Maichblack has a monkey; or
2. @Sparkly needs to get laid.

MaichBlack
#36 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 11:33:45 AM

I have always said I am a buyer (Kenya Power) at the right price. Dig up the other thread where we were getting info and insights from KaunganaDoDo (The inhouse Kenya Power aficionado).

I was hoping it could go to below 3/= but I can do 3.15/=
MaichBlack
#37 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 11:35:15 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:

I hate this attitude and I don't engage with people who have it because they are more interested in the heat than the light!!! That doesn't add value to anyone!

I stated facts which you pretended did not happen (despite contributing in those threads) and asked me to point you to those threads. I was gracious enough to dig up some of those threads and post the links as you requested. Sasa umeanza story mob. Whatever is in those threads is clear for everyone to see. Now what do you want me to do???

Just as I suspected!!!
MaichBlack
#38 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 11:46:11 AM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Let me conduct a quick vote. Let wazuans decide by voting (1) or (2). Vote closes in 24 hrs:

I am buying the so called monkey as soon as it goes back to the 3.15/= levels.

Now spare Wazauans personal rants and post something that adds value to the community.
sparkly
#39 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 12:03:29 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Now spare Wazauans personal rants and post something that adds value to the community.

Tacit vote for (1). Next...
Horton
#40 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 12:43:37 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Tacit vote for (1). Next...

Can I vote for both? 😆😆