wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Transcentury vs Kenya Power
tom_boy
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:39:54 AM

As a contrarian play, which one entails less risk of loss?
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
sparkly
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:55:17 AM

tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys
Life is short. Live passionately.
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 12:26:02 PM

sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Both are traps aka handcuffs!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
tom_boy
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 12:54:10 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

What is the basis of these conclusions? Have you not heard that past performance is not an indication of future performance? Are you saying that nothing is being done to address issues that led to past poor performance? I think not!
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
Horton
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:00:29 PM

tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

What is the basis of these conclusions? Have you not heard that past performance is not an indication of future performance? Are you saying that nothing is being done to address issues that led to past poor performance? I think not!

Anyone read the Acquirers multiple? Seems quite relevant to this question
MaichBlack
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 1:59:20 PM

tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Wazua is a great place to get information but at times it can dish you tonne loads of misleading information!!! Safaricom comes to mind. The stock was totally bashed in Wazua even when it was trading at Kshs. 2.xy. Almost everyone wrote it's obituary and even prepared for its funeral. "Safaricom was finished. Could not compete. Voice was dead bla bla bla!!!". And threads were all over. You can dig them up!!! Suffice it to say most Wazuans missed the bus by millions of miles.

I love Wazuans. They are very resourceful and have extremely valuable information. But when they are wrong, boy can they be wrong!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ebenyo
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 4:55:36 PM

tom_boy wrote:

It depends with what you want.
Seeing that there are many other dead stocks in NSE which are still trading,there is nothing wrong with these stocks.
They are both risky.If its dividends you want,forget them.If its capital gains,even the worst i.e mumias,Home africa and others are trading.
In my opinion kenya power will be less risky because there is no way Gok will allow it to collapse.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 5:45:54 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Wazua is a great place to get information but at times it can dish you tonne loads of misleading information!!! Safaricom comes to mind. The stock was totally bashed in Wazua even when it was trading at Kshs. 2.xy. Almost everyone wrote it's obituary and even prepared for its funeral. "Safaricom was finished. Could not compete. Voice was dead bla bla bla!!!". And threads were all over. You can dig them up!!! Suffice it to say most Wazuans missed the bus by millions of miles.

I love Wazuans. They are very resourceful and have extremely valuable information. But when they are wrong, boy can they be wrong!!!

Name names. Who wrote off Safaricom? When? Point us to the thread so that we can contribute meaningfully.
MaichBlack
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 10:51:52 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Name names. Who wrote off Safaricom? When? Point us to the thread so that we can contribute meaningfully.

Were you in Wazua when Safaricom was trading sub 3/=???
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Angelica _ann
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:12:52 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Were you in Wazua when Safaricom was trading sub 3/=???

"Chartist" made me sell part of my safaricom at 11 bob, the oversold - overbought blal blal blal. I have never believed anything from them since. Do your own research & make your move.

Both for these two shares they are both operating under heavy debt - finance cost and negative cash flow. Further I don't trust management of KPLC & Transcentury is suffering from heavy competition from Chinese products some of which are third rate - counterfeits plus their previous deal making prowess disappeared after the exit of Kibaki.

Ni hayo tu!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MaichBlack
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:41:32 PM

sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Start with this thread
MaichBlack
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:43:34 PM

Then go to this one

Then dig up the rest.
MaichBlack
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:51:26 PM

Another stock more than 50% of Wazuans got ridiculously and painfully wrong was Equity Bank!!!

Luckily for this one there were almost as many "lovers" as haters. Every other day there was a new thread either bashing or praising Equity. As some Wazuans were making mad cash on Equity, a huge group was busy singing "Equity is collapsing tomorrow", "They are running out of cash that is why the keep pretending their ATMs have broken down", "Oh, James Mwangi's history with collapsed financial institution(s)", bla bla bla...

After years of singing, they noticed how wrong they were and some even started buying (wengine chini ya maji!!)
MaichBlack
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2018 11:56:38 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
sparkly wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
sparkly wrote:
tom_boy wrote:

Monkeys

Start with this thread

In 2010 - 2011, Safaricom was trading at sub 3/=. Last year it was at 30/=. That is a 1,000% ROI in 7 or 8 years NOT accounting for dividends! The dividends alone more than covers the buying cost! Yet it was one of the most bashed stocks in that (buying) period/window!!!
MaichBlack
#15 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 9:08:48 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Another stock more than 50% of Wazuans got ridiculously and painfully wrong was Equity Bank!!!

Luckily for this one there were almost as many "lovers" as haters. Every other day there was a new thread either bashing or praising Equity. As some Wazuans were making mad cash on Equity, a huge group was busy singing "Equity is collapsing tomorrow", "They are running out of cash that is why the keep pretending their ATMs have broken down", "Oh, James Mwangi's history with collapsed financial institution(s)", bla bla bla...

After years of singing, they noticed how wrong they were and some even started buying (wengine chini ya maji!!)

Thread One: Some even called Equity a Ponzi Scheme!!!

Dig up the other threads!
MaichBlack
#16 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 9:24:29 AM

Thread Two: Time to sell Equity. A "political bank". In 2010!!!
rwitre
#17 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 11:17:17 AM

Wazua is a source of alternative opinions. The onus is upon the individual investor to decide what stocks to pick, what to leave.

When you follow some of the investment advice here as gospel truth, you will go bankrupt. Others will have you smiling to the bank.

Truth is, some stocks labelled "monkeys" can turn out to be valuable assets.
Others that were once bluechips have gone into receivership.

Some will say only invest 10% of your portfolio at the NSE. Others have 90% of their portfolio here. A few say the NSE is a black hole for capital.

Pick what works for you and roll with it.
Your profits are your own. And so are your losses.
Fyatu
#18 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 1:55:04 PM

I vividly remember when Britam was listed. The so called wazua elders said they would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.Britam then sunk to 5bob and the wazua bullies continued with their trash talk. 2 years later Britam was trading at 40 bob, a pure 8 bagger.Lets not even talk about about Safaricom...ili bakia kuwa story

PS. Follow @Mugundaman formative posts here on wazua and you will know who the bullies are......
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
Ebenyo
#19 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 2:47:39 PM

rwitre wrote:

Wazua is a source of alternative opinions. The onus is upon the individual investor to decide what stocks to pick, what to leave.

When you follow some of the investment advice here as gospel truth, you will go bankrupt. Others will have you smiling to the bank.

Truth is, some stocks labelled "monkeys" can turn out to be valuable assets.
Others that were once bluechips have gone into receivership.

Some will say only invest 10% of your portfolio at the NSE. Others have 90% of their portfolio here. A few say the NSE is a black hole for capital.

Pick what works for you and roll with it.
Your profits are your own. And so are your losses.

i agree with you.Wazua is a social place where we meet to exchange ideas.Make your decisions alone.Analyse every idea carefully and proof check before jumpimg into it.Go by what works for you and ignore herd mentality.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
sparkly
#20 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 3:36:28 PM

So everyone on Wazua was wrong. Show us the way great Oracle MaichBlack.