Potential merger NIC + CBA
sparkly
#21 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 10:00:56 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
Horton wrote:
Just received a PDF talking about a potential merger between CBA & NIC it’s like a press statement

Does that mean NIC will be de-listed?

Yes. Its more than likely considering trends of other Kenyatta family enterprise

This is a reverse meeger. An easy way for CBA to become listed. Just like CFC-Stanbic and IM-City Trust.

In those examples you mention, both partner firms were listed already before the merger.. Secondly, name only one Kenyatta family company which is at the NSE.. It's not by coincidence, but choice, for well known reasons

The simplest explanations are usually correct.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mwekez@ji
#22 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 11:07:19 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
Horton wrote:
Just received a PDF talking about a potential merger between CBA & NIC it’s like a press statement

Yes. Its more than likely considering trends of other Kenyatta family enterprise

This is a reverse meeger. An easy way for CBA to become listed. Just like CFC-Stanbic and IM-City Trust.

In those examples you mention, both partner firms were listed already before the merger.. Secondly, name only one Kenyatta family company which is at the NSE.. It's not by coincidence, but choice, for well known reasons

Wacha kutudanganya @Obiero. I&M and Stanbic had not been listed before the merger. Only City Trust and CFC had been listed.
cyruskulei
#23 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 11:58:43 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
Horton wrote:

Wacha kutudanganya @Obiero. I&M and Stanbic had not been listed before the merger. Only City Trust and CFC had been listed.

https://www.standardmedi...k-of-africa-merger-talks
Work hard at your job and you can make a living. Work hard on yourself and you can make a fortune.

sparkly
#24 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 12:42:42 PM

cyruskulei wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
[quote=Horton]Just received a PDF talking about a potential merger between CBA & NIC it’s like a press statement

https://www.standardmedi...-of-africa-merger-talks[/quote]

Very welcome news indeed. Excellent opportunity to unlock the true value of NIC which lies somewhere between 60-75 per share. NIC is 11% of my portifolio ABP 29.6
VituVingiSana
#25 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 12:45:53 PM

sparkly wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:
[quote=Horton]Just received a PDF talking about a potential merger between CBA & NIC it’s like a press statement

Very welcome news indeed. Excellent opportunity to unlock the true value of NIC which lies somewhere between 60-75 per share. NIC is 11% of my portifolio ABP 29.6
60-75? That's ambitious BUT #TukoPamoja if it gets there!
Given the market and other banks PERs and PBs... 50/- is the max I think we can expect BUT I would love to be WRONG Pray Pray Pray and get 50+

@Sparkly #TukoPamoja in Stanbic or that's @Horton?
This one is a 120/- at the minimum even with all the drama. I think the SAcans will probably want to go private eventually.
I think they will creep up to 75% then try 90% and then delist. I Pray they pay us a good price 120-150 [higher the better] so we can #AcceptAndMoveOn
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#26 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 2:07:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
cyruskulei wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
murchr wrote:

60-75? That's ambitious BUT #TukoPamoja if it gets there!
Given the market and other banks PERs and PBs... 50/- is the max I think we can expect BUT I would love to be WRONG Pray Pray Pray and get 50+

@Sparkly #TukoPamoja in Stanbic or that's @Horton?
This one is a 120/- at the minimum even with all the drama. I think the SAcans will probably want to go private eventually.
I think they will creep up to 75% then try 90% and then delist. I Pray they pay us a good price 120-150 [higher the better] so we can #AcceptAndMoveOn

@VVS tuko pamoja. Here to make money.
Gadaffi
#27 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 3:02:49 PM

What is the combined ROE of the two companies
Ericsson
#28 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 4:04:17 PM

Gadaffi wrote:
What is the combined ROE of the two companies

It will be known when they report their first results under a merged entity
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Ericsson
#29 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 7:46:43 AM

https://www.businessdail...7660-3hi091z/index.html

Going by that article CBA will own 2/3 of the combined entity
sparkly
#30 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 8:41:49 AM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/CBA-tipped-to-offer-1-3-shares-in-NIC-merger/3815534-4897660-3hi091z/index.html

Most fair valuation is 3 NIC for 2 CBA shares.
VituVingiSana
#31 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 1:05:00 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/markets/marketnews/CBA-tipped-to-offer-1-3-shares-in-NIC-merger/3815534-4897660-3hi091z/index.html

I am rooting for FY 3Q2018 BV but I will take a haircut on account of the NPLs that have been dogging NIC. I prefer cash to share in CBANIC but beggars can't be choosers!
Faida ni faida. Wacha nikule na akina ma-Ndegwa!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Superprime1
#32 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 1:19:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:

I am rooting for FY 3Q2018 BV but I will take a haircut on account of the NPLs that have been dogging NIC. I prefer cash to share in CBANIC but beggars can't be choosers!
Faida ni faida. Wacha nikule na akina ma-Ndegwa!

They should indeed consider a cash option.
Ericsson
#33 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:53:19 PM

Nic bank caught again in Kaluworks debt default.
CBA its getting clearer came to rescue NIC bank
Horton
#34 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:08:49 AM

NIC BANK again 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ https://www.standardmedi...risk-big-loss-at-deacons
Ericsson
#35 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:40:32 AM

[quote=Horton]NIC BANK again 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ https://www.standardmedi...isk-big-loss-at-deacons[/quote]

Poor credit risk;the Moses Kuria might offer them a reprieve
mlennyma
#36 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:09:25 AM

We demand an update if it was not hot air
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Superprime1
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:09:32 PM

mlennyma wrote:

Agreed. It's now going to two months; an update should suffice...
jmbada
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:24:24 PM

Superprime1 wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

Agreed. It's now going to two months; an update should suffice...

It is for real. I swallow my earlier cynicism. Heavy lifting on post-merger integration already ongoing.
Ericsson
#39 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 5:14:07 PM

https://www.businessdail...4564-fk04jvz/index.html

Businesses owned by the wealthy Philip Ndegwa family took the biggest blow from the collapse of fashion retail chain Deacons East Africa, a report by the company’s administrators has revealed.

The Ndegwas risk losing a total of Sh424 million that Deacons owed their companies -- NIC Bank (Sh387.5 million), The Junction Mall (Sh35.4 million), ICEA Lion General Insurance Company (Sh887,675) and real estate management firm Knight Frank (Sh219,625).
Angelica _ann
#40 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 6:17:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/news/Ndegwa-family-loses-half-a-billion-in-Deacons-fall/539546-4954564-fk04jvz/index.html

Businesses owned by the wealthy Philip Ndegwa family took the biggest blow from the collapse of fashion retail chain Deacons East Africa, a report by the company’s administrators has revealed.

The Ndegwas risk losing a total of Sh424 million that Deacons owed their companies -- NIC Bank (Sh387.5 million), The Junction Mall (Sh35.4 million), ICEA Lion General Insurance Company (Sh887,675) and real estate management firm Knight Frank (Sh219,625).

The last 2 they should just write off, peanuts - comparatively. Will this bank survive in the long run without further capital injection?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen