wazua Wed, Apr 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

ALCOHOL IN LIVING AREAS- CANCEL
Realtreaty
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:35:42 AM

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
At Last! At Last! At Last! Bravo High Court!!!!

We are now going to live like people not like Animals

Have fought the issue of Bars and homes mixed up together and at last came the church in the same building

I also say No to Worship areas in living buildings.

Imagine living in 2nd floor and a church opens in ground floor and belong to the "Many Waters" Christ Apostolic Evangelism!

They start their drums at 5.30 AM till till 7 PM that evening on Sunday with a daily 3 Hrs morning and evening Prayer and Kesha?

Time to get organized and respect ourselves and our offspring's.
NO to Alcohol and Churches in estates and same buildings respectively.

Both are licensed through blackmail and corrupt practices!!!

Swenani
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:59:05 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
At Last! At Last! At Last! Bravo High Court!!!!

We are now going to live like people not like Animals

Have fought the issue of Bars and homes mixed up together and at last came the church in the same building

I also say No to Worship areas in living buildings.

Imagine living in 2nd floor and a church opens in ground floor and belong to the "Many Waters" Christ Apostolic Evangelism!

They start their drums at 5.30 AM till till 7 PM that evening on Sunday with a daily 3 Hrs morning and evening Prayer and Kesha?

Time to get organized and respect ourselves and our offspring's.
NO to Alcohol and Churches in estates and same buildings respectively.

Both are licensed through blackmail and corrupt practices!!!

Mimi sielewi nini inaendelea hapa
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Angelica _ann
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 1:02:04 PM

https://www.businessdail...8510-a0wnfhz/index.html

C & P .....

It is now illegal for bars and night-clubs to operate near schools and residential areas, a court has ruled.

Justice Chacha Mwita ruled that the Constitution, in Article 42, gives everyone the right to a clean and healthy environment which should be free from pollutants such as noise.

“Allowing bars and liquor selling businesses within residential areas will thus violate the residents’ right to live in dignity and healthy environment, fundamental rights enshrined in the Bill of Rights,” said Justice Mwita. “They expect least disturbance. Such places require a peaceful and healthy environment for rest and co-existence,” he observed.

The judge was delivering the verdict in an application filed by Muimara Estate Residents Association accusing Nairobi County of allowing a trader, Kariuki Kimiti, to operate a bar within their estate which has young and school going children despite objections from the residents.

The law outlaws the establishment of bars and any other alcoholic outlets within a radius of 300 metres from learning institutions.

But licensing authorities have been selective in enforcing the law with permits being influenced by other factors.

Special consideration is given to bars in shopping centres near schools.

The judge said that operating liquor selling businesses within residential estates is illegal, unlawful and violates the residents’ right to live in a peaceful, tranquil environment and with dignity.

Justice Mwita said that selling liquor in residential estates further violates residents’ right to privacy guaranteed under article 31 of the Constitution.

“It would be difficult to control the behaviour of people who take liquor within a residential estate.

“Lack of behavioural control breaches the resident’s privacy,” Justice Mwita ruled. The judge added that the right to privacy protects the liberty of a person to make certain crucial decisions regarding his well-being without coercion, intimidation, or interference from anyone.

The court directed the county government not to license a trader or any other person to operate a bar or any other alcohol selling business within Muimara Estate in Nairobi.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Bigchick
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 3:54:37 PM

Sanasana in South B operates opposite a school,which came first?

Pipeline estate has kindegaten schools,bar and church and tenants all in one building...who should leave?The school or the other two?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Swenani
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 4:37:59 PM

Bigchick wrote:

Pipeline estate has kindegaten schools,bar and church and tenants all in one building...who should leave?The school or the other two?

school, bar and church should all leave
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
ZZE123
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 4:38:18 PM

Implementation will be the challenge
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
obiero
#7 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 3:15:09 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
Implementation will be the challenge

Its very easy to implement if the willingness is present

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
kayhara
#8 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 3:34:34 PM

Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

I think churches should be next, I live next to an akorino church with just 5 worshipers but with a homeboys kind of music system, we can't sleep on Friday night or Sunday morning, I think they should start by asking for single business permits from churches,then ban PA systems in small un soundproofed churches.

I am sure bar owners will fight back.
To Each His Own
#9 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 7:25:35 PM

Oh, for a moment there I thought 'living areas' were sitting rooms.
d'oh!

BBI will solve it
:)
Realtreaty
#10 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 7:46:21 PM

Control will as well lead to good families and reduce STDs, crimes and divorces as many have become hopeless after imbibing drinks.

Imagine school children going home in company of Drunkards urinating and speaking profanity way home?

These Bars have made some rich but has destroyed more lives.

Mt Kenya became hopeless, lazy and thieving as a result of these bars.
Kaigangio
#11 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 8:18:02 PM

kayhara wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Bigchick wrote:

I think churches should be next, I live next to an akorino church with just 5 worshipers but with a homeboys kind of music system, we can't sleep on Friday night or Sunday morning, I think they should start by asking for single business permits from churches,then ban PA systems in small un soundproofed churches.

I am sure bar owners will fight back.

Not just bar owners, even the landlords will fold their shirtsleeves too and jump into the arena...hapana mchezo hapa!!
...besides, the presence of a safe alone does not signify that there is money inside...
thuks
#12 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2018 7:04:38 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
Control will as well lead to good families and reduce STDs, crimes and divorces as many have become hopeless after imbibing drinks.

Imagine school children going home in company of Drunkards urinating and speaking profanity way home?

These Bars have made some rich but has destroyed more lives.

Mt Kenya became hopeless, lazy and thieving as a result of these bars.

Walevi wasiende home?
I care!