wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Pastor cancels 1 million wedding
sparkly
#1 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 7:09:18 AM

The Nakuru pastor asked for three HIV & Pregnancy tests then cancelled the wedding.

https://www.standardmedi...uple-undergoes-hiv-tests
Life is short. Live passionately.
newfarer
#2 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 7:56:47 AM

malicious 'pastor'..did he want to eat the chick first so he can give a go ahead?
punda amecheka
sparkly
#3 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 8:15:36 AM

newfarer wrote:
malicious 'pastor'..did he want to eat the chick first so he can give a go ahead?

Looks like, the groom was an interpreter in the Church. Sasa waende kwa AG wachukue Certificate unless they have another loose million for a second wedding.
Angelica _ann
#4 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 8:21:05 AM

Certificate tatu sounds malicious full of bile.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#5 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 1:34:47 PM

This will make Kenyans think twice about the 4 phase marriages;

1. Come we stay - boy and girl live together from college days to early career days, or beyond;

2. Traditional - Boy/ Girl asked utatuletea mtu lini. Leading to family visits, wazee negotiations and dowry payment;

3. Civil process - affidavits and notification at AG's. This one a must if getting married under Statute;

4. Celebration before the Church Minister, Government Lawyer, Magistrate, Kadhi, Temple priest etc according to one's faith or lack thereof.

Btw each of the four phases constitutes a legally recognized marriage.
murchr
#6 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 1:54:35 PM

Can the pastor be sued?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
newfarer
#7 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 2:46:20 PM

murchr wrote:
Can the pastor be sued?

details are scanty on the actual reasons for the denial, but I would really run for my life with such a heartless pastor.with thousands of pastors available, one can get a real and realist pastor to officiate such a ceremony
punda amecheka
Swenani
#8 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 3:48:55 PM

[quote=sparkly]The Nakuru pastor asked for three HIV & Pregnancy tests then cancelled the wedding.

https://www.standardmedi...ple-undergoes-hiv-tests[/quote]

Is that Mukiri
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
murchr
#9 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2018 6:21:13 PM

His power to give marriage certificates needs to be taken away from him
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sparkly
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 7:50:58 AM

murchr wrote:
Can the pastor be sued?

Yes. As a agent of GOK in officiating marriages, he can be compelled to perform the ceremony through a Judicial Review action by petition to High Court. The Court has power to award damages.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 2:08:56 PM

[quote=sparkly]The Nakuru pastor asked for three HIV & Pregnancy tests then cancelled the wedding.

https://www.standardmedi...ple-undergoes-hiv-tests[/quote]

This is what happens when you tolerate nonsense from fake churches. Why would anyone ask you to perform a pregnancy or HIV test so as to get married. Was the man also subjected to a virginity test.

I have been to a few weddings where the bride was visibly pregnant and the proest had no issue. I have also been to weddings of divorcees whose bridal party included their children, would they also need a pregnancy test?
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
kawi254
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 2:47:02 PM

The pain the churches inflict on their followers. I can bet the couple won't be going to any church any time soon.

ZZE123
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 4:44:05 PM

That’s why I only support the traditional churches – ACK, PCEA , AIC, Catholic etc where the priest is an employee. This individual churches are purely money making scam
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
murchr
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 5:20:13 PM

sparkly wrote:
murchr wrote:
Can the pastor be sued?

Yes. As a agent of GOK in officiating marriages, he can be compelled to perform the ceremony through a Judicial Review action by petition to High Court. The Court has power to award damages.

I hope they take that up. They can sue for the embarrassment caused.

3 medical tests? Even if any of them is HIV+, who is the pastor to judge? They have made a choice to live together. Ati he is accountable to God for how his church members live....eish! I think those who truly read the bible know that its clear that you carry your cross.
harrydre
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 7:38:16 PM

The so called pastor wanted that fish. Run run run with your bride!
i.am.back!!!!
Angelica _ann
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 8:07:09 PM

Nice to see the usual suspects are not commenting on this thread yet wako tu humuhumu smile
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hamburglar
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 8:15:17 PM

Religious people are probably the dumbest people in the world. Especially some pastors. Complete idiots. There is another one I read somewhere who’s asking the government to take tithes out of people's paychecks. Just how stupid do you have to be to make such a statement?
Swenani
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:17:23 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Nice to see the usual suspects are not commenting on this thread yet wako tu humuhumu smile

Ungenyamasa..hamburglar ametoklezea
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
sparkly
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 2:01:27 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Religious people are probably the dumbest people in the world. Especially some pastors. Complete idiots. There is another one I read somewhere who’s asking the government to take tithes out of people's paychecks. Just how stupid do you have to be to make such a statement?

Actually an excellent idea if charitable donations are checked off the salary and granted tax exemption.
kawi254
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 2:43:02 PM

hamburglar wrote:

What is it about an atheist/agnostic that immediately improves their IQ and they start seeing religious people as dumb?

Even for a religious person what the Pastor did is wrong