6 Pages«<23456>
Nipe Lift
sparkly
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:48:46 AM

mawinder wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Chaka wrote:
The way this discussion is going be like the way a form has to be signed before a patient undergoes an operation ..Is that allowed?

Section 2 of the traffic act defines a PSV and section 95 of the same act gives provisions for license to PSVs..This NipeLift falls squarely there.Those in doubt can read and challenge me here.It is illegal and the Insurance Contract will be rendered null as a result.

The law is always subject to interpretition and amendment. It always is in case of disruptive market forces.

Nipe lift is disruptive. Insurance companies will have to come with with a new product for nipe lift users.

The law will have to re-define meaning and boundaries of PSV. Laws are made to serve the people and do not act in vain.

Nothing disruptive about it..The initial idea behind Uber was like this Nipelift..As things stand now,nipelift minus fully complying with PSV is criminal

Disruption is a matter of opinion, until the opinion is accepted as truth.

Very many things are criminal in this country. Infact we are all walking criminals. It's up to the user to analyse the cost of compliance vis a vis the payoff from non-compliance.
Life is short. Live passionately.
mawinder
#62 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 3:23:24 PM

Finally declared illegal.Notice out.Crackdown on such expected.
Angelica _ann
#63 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 6:53:14 PM

mawinder wrote:

Why are you fighting this with all your heart, are you in a similar business?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mawinder
#64 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:03:13 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Just stating facts..Wish I knew/had the time to learn to post a PDF here.
Lolest!
#65 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 7:17:29 PM

mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Is there a law barring me from giving lifts?

@uncleboni should hope Sonko's ban on ma3s in CBD directive resumes. Then they market the app aggressively
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
mawinder
#66 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2018 9:11:04 PM

Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

@uncleboni should hope Sonko's ban on ma3s in CBD directive resumes. Then they market the app aggressively

No law bars one from giving lifts.However it is illegal and criminal to collect money from passengers in a Private car.They try to advertise aggressively then NTSA officers will also be aggressive in arresting the nipe lift vehicles and may even give a press conference banning it
sparkly
#67 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2018 9:21:09 AM

mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

No law bars one from giving lifts.However it is illegal and criminal to collect money from passengers in a Private car.They try to advertise aggressively then NTSA officers will also be aggressive in arresting the nipe lift vehicles and may even give a press conference banning it

Our Constitution is very progressive with social, economic and environmental rights.

Any order against nipe lift should be quashed by the courts easily.
Life is short. Live passionately.
uncleboni
#68 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:38:14 AM

sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Our Constitution is very progressive with social, economic and environmental rights.

Hup! Hup! We just got featured by @KenyaBuzz in their December magazine feature. Grab your copy or follow the link below to see our story.

https://www.kenyabuzz.co...hhikers-guide-to-shagz/

Bado tunazidi.
CEO & Founder @Sematime & @Nipelift
Skype: @githinjibn | Email: boni at sematime com | Office: +254706129100 | Twitter: @uncleboni | Reverence over love anyday
mawinder
#69 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 3:39:13 PM

uncleboni wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Hup! Hup! We just got featured by @KenyaBuzz in their December magazine feature. Grab your copy or follow the link below to see our story.

Bado tunazidi.

Diamond Property Merchants,VIP portal, Simple Homes etc have been featured.Anyone receiving money from a passenger in a vehicle for a journey and the vehicle does not have a valid PSV, valid inspection certificate, valid PSV insurance cover,commits an offence and the law will apply.Insurance companies will NOT honour any claims arising from such ILLEGAL activities.
uncleboni
#70 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 7:47:08 PM

mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Bado tunazidi.

Diamond Property Merchants,VIP portal, Simple Homes etc have been featured.Anyone receiving money from a passenger in a vehicle for a journey and the vehicle does not have a valid PSV, valid inspection certificate, valid PSV insurance cover,commits an offence and the law will apply.Insurance companies will NOT honour any claims arising from such ILLEGAL activities.

I agree completely. Our being featured there was nothing new neither special, hell we've got on CNN, BBC, Bloomberg etc but we don't go yapping about it, but it helps our users get to learn more about the services, how it came to be, the folks behind it and what our future plans are. Lots of insights in there so be sure to check.

I have addressed the insurance issue exhaustively on this platform but our users will be glad to know that we have a huge announcement to make regarding the same in the coming days. Insurance is evolutionary; just because the current provisions limit us to comprehensive and third-party covers doesn't mean we cannot spruce it up. Remember, opportunity heralds invention. Just so you know we have got the best 'insurance' minds in Kenya handling this - the folks who wrote the rulebook.

Regarding the legality of carpooling, someone here there other day gave credence to commentary made by one Mr. Duncan Ondimu in 2015 regarding the same but in your usual banter dismissed the poor guy's observation as hogwash. Well, here you go https://www.the-star.co....ys-dpps-office_c1265918 and .

Secondly, Kenya's jurisprudence is very much alike that of the UK, India and other commonwealth countries whose citizenry has adopted and localized carpooling into their daily lives. There's no single one case of litigation ever brought forward in those countries to either challenge or ban the very aspect of sharing your car with someone to save on costs, decongest roads or save the environment. None whatsoever. In fact, if anything, both national and local governments have been creating legalizations that encourage people to adopt and use carpooling more often.
Indian Govt Looks To Utilise Private Vehicles In Car Pool Services - https://inc42.com/buzz/g...vate-vehicles-car-pool/
How do carpool lanes in the US work? - https://travel.stackexch...ol-lanes-in-the-us-work

Carpooling in Kenya is inevitable. It will get done whether by NipeLift or others. Whether today or in the future. I am really glad that NipeLift is at the heart of this revolution. Our mistake, should we not succeed, will be to have introduced the idea way to early. Not that the service is not needed just a matter of wrong timing. Should that be the case I will still brim with ecstasy knowing that, like Kipchoge Keino in '69, we set the pace and benchmarks.

For now, though, I and my team will give NipeLift all we got. We will listen to our users and serve them faster than anyone else could, we will radically evolve the product based on our users present and future needs and we will not rest till we get the right product market fit. I will not be surprised to find us doing something quite different that what we initially anticipated. Like a road whose end is unknown the beauty is in journeying it.

Godspeed!
Skype: @githinjibn | Email: boni at sematime com | Office: +254706129100 | Twitter: @uncleboni | Reverence over love anyday
tom_boy
#71 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 8:46:17 PM

uncleboni wrote:
mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Bado tunazidi.

I agree completely. Our being featured there was nothing new neither special, hell we've got on CNN, BBC, Bloomberg etc but we don't go yapping about it, but it helps our users get to learn more about the services, how it came to be, the folks behind it and what our future plans are. Lots of insights in there so be sure to check.

I have addressed the insurance issue exhaustively on this platform but our users will be glad to know that we have a huge announcement to make regarding the same in the coming days. Insurance is evolutionary; just because the current provisions limit us to comprehensive and third-party covers doesn't mean we cannot spruce it up. Remember, opportunity heralds invention. Just so you know we have got the best 'insurance' minds in Kenya handling this - the folks who wrote the rulebook.

Regarding the legality of carpooling, someone here there other day gave credence to commentary made by one Mr. Duncan Ondimu in 2015 regarding the same but in your usual banter dismissed the poor guy's observation as hogwash. Well, here you go https://www.the-star.co....ys-dpps-office_c1265918 and .

Secondly, Kenya's jurisprudence is very much alike that of the UK, India and other commonwealth countries whose citizenry has adopted and localized carpooling into their daily lives. There's no single one case of litigation ever brought forward in those countries to either challenge or ban the very aspect of sharing your car with someone to save on costs, decongest roads or save the environment. None whatsoever. In fact, if anything, both national and local governments have been creating legalizations that encourage people to adopt and use carpooling more often.
Indian Govt Looks To Utilise Private Vehicles In Car Pool Services - https://inc42.com/buzz/g...vate-vehicles-car-pool/
How do carpool lanes in the US work? - https://travel.stackexch...ol-lanes-in-the-us-work

Carpooling in Kenya is inevitable. It will get done whether by NipeLift or others. Whether today or in the future. I am really glad that NipeLift is at the heart of this revolution. Our mistake, should we not succeed, will be to have introduced the idea way to early. Not that the service is not needed just a matter of wrong timing. Should that be the case I will still brim with ecstasy knowing that, like Kipchoge Keino in '69, we set the pace and benchmarks.

For now, though, I and my team will give NipeLift all we got. We will listen to our users and serve them faster than anyone else could, we will radically evolve the product based on our users present and future needs and we will not rest till we get the right product market fit. I will not be surprised to find us doing something quite different that what we initially anticipated. Like a road whose end is unknown the beauty is in journeying it.

Godspeed!

Great idea. Keep working on it to solve the hitches. Wachana na kelele za chura, people who have never invented anything. The main huddle to sort out is the insurance thing. All else is nonsense noise that can easily be challenged in court. Make sure money made by the car owner cannot be construed as profit and you are home and dry.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
hardwood
#72 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 10:42:16 PM

tom_boy wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mawinder wrote:

Bado tunazidi.

Godspeed!

Great idea. Keep working on it to solve the hitches. Wachana na kelele za chura, people who have never invented anything. The main huddle to sort out is the insurance thing. All else is nonsense noise that can easily be challenged in court. Make sure money made by the car owner cannot be construed as profit and you are home and dry.

Why does @mawinder have alot of machungu regarding this nipelift idea? He's now quoting laws and gazette notices and yet he is the same guy who has been advising us to "steal" govt subsidized fertilizer from NCPB stores and sell in Uganda.

http://m.wazua.co.ke/for...&m=585111#post585111
WakaWaka
#73 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:15:48 AM

hardwood wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
[quote=mawinder]Finally declared illegal.Notice out.Crackdown on such expected.

Bado tunazidi.

Godspeed!

Why does @mawinder have alot of machungu regarding this nipelift idea? He's now quoting laws and gazette notices and yet he is the same guy who has been advising us to "steal" govt subsidized fertilizer from NCPB stores and sell in Uganda.

http://m.wazua.co.ke/for...amp;m=585111#post585111[/quote]

This App is Dead on Arrival. All it takes is one driver to be jailed for operating PSV illegally and the developer can kiss being the next Zuckerberg bye bye.
mawinder
#74 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:50:54 AM

WakaWaka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Bado tunazidi.

Godspeed!

This App is Dead on Arrival. All it takes is one driver to be jailed for operating PSV illegally and the developer can kiss being the next Zuckerberg bye bye.

Very true.Nipelift is a criminal enterprise and will soon be dealt with.The nipelift should fully comply with laws governing PSVs or face the music
Mike Ock
#75 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 8:59:42 AM

@mawinder you must be a government official. Those are the guys I know who get pained to see successful entrepreneurs making it.
WakaWaka
#76 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 9:10:58 AM

mawinder wrote:
WakaWaka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
tom_boy wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:
sparkly wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
mawinder wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Bado tunazidi.

Godspeed!

Very true.Nipelift is a criminal enterprise and will soon be dealt with.The nipelift should fully comply with laws governing PSVs or face the music

Sane drivers cannot risk jail time or having their cars burn't by taxi/uber guys just to earn 100.
mawinder
#77 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 3:53:48 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
@mawinder you must be a government official. Those are the guys I know who get pained to see successful entrepreneurs making it.

There are laws to be followed and this Nipelift also has to follow the set laws.I have no problem with successful ventures like Uber, Little Cab, Pewin Cabs etc simply because they comply with the law.This Nipelift should also comply and stop misleading people into criminal activities and also should tell the vehicle owners that without PSV Insurance, no compensation for accident victims from Insurance and vehicle owner's property or their estate will be auctioned to foot the claims.
uncleboni
#78 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9:55:07 AM

Celebrating a major milestone today - 5,000+ app installs on @NipeLift app.

Thank you all for the love and support you have shown us the last two months. You give us the strength and resilience to keep pursuing this dream.

Remarkable that this feat has been accomplished with an almost zero marketing budget.

Download the app here - https://play.google.com/...s?id=com.nipelift.mobile
Swenani
#79 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:09:49 AM

[quote=uncleboni]Celebrating a major milestone today - 5,000+ app installs on @NipeLift app.

Thank you all for the love and support you have shown us the last two months. You give us the strength and resilience to keep pursuing this dream.

Remarkable that this feat has been accomplished with an almost zero marketing budget.

Download the app here - https://play.google.com/...?id=com.nipelift.mobile[/quote]

Congrats unaweka wazua mbuzi siku gani?smile smile smile
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
tom_boy
#80 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:21:21 AM

[quote=uncleboni]Celebrating a major milestone today - 5,000+ app installs on @NipeLift app.

Download the app here - https://play.google.com/...?id=com.nipelift.mobile[/quote]

Keep going. You are on the right track. Wachana na kelele za chura. People have been giving lifts to neighbours to work and receiving something small for fuel since as long as I can remember.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.