wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages123>»
Nipe Lift
Lolest!
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2018 8:44:01 PM

Saw an ad for this app on fb.

It's a platform allowing private car owners to connect with guys who need lifts to work/club/to or from ocha etc

They say the rates charged will be the standard AA mileage charges to help the car owner/driver cover his costs. No profit is catered for the car owner to avoid the PSV trap(I hear the law is that if you have fare paying passengers for PROFIT it must be a PSV)

They will charge a small amount on top which will be their commission (no % commission like Uber, Taxify..)

Interesting..
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Ngogoyo
#2 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 4:11:39 PM

Lolest! wrote:

It's a platform allowing private car owners to connect with guys who need lifts to work/club/to or from ocha etc

They say the rates charged will be the standard AA mileage charges to help the car owner/driver cover his costs. No profit is catered for the car owner to avoid the PSV trap(I hear the law is that if you have fare paying passengers for PROFIT it must be a PSV)

They will charge a small amount on top which will be their commission (no % commission like Uber, Taxify..)

Interesting..

Whats the implication on insurance payment when an accident happens to your would be liftee.

It would complicate payment as you might be deemed to be operating a PSV contrary to your vehicle type insurance.

Its a great idea but all corners need covering.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 4:51:31 PM

Lolest! wrote:

Interesting..

Isn't that what uber "ideally" was supposed to be?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Mike Ock
#4 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 7:14:41 PM

Ngogoyo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Interesting..

Whats the implication on insurance payment when an accident happens to your would be liftee.

It would complicate payment as you might be deemed to be operating a PSV contrary to your vehicle type insurance.

I don't think the clientele for this app care much about insurance mathogothanio. It's more like unanipatia lift ama hunipatii?
mawinder
#5 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2018 11:35:58 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Ngogoyo wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Interesting..

I don't think the clientele for this app care much about insurance mathogothanio. It's more like unanipatia lift ama hunipatii?

The car owners will suffer in case of claim..Also the Nipelift nonsense is using the term Uber in its advertisement which is illegal
Chaka
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 2:11:15 PM

How will the vehicle owner verify that the 'client' does not have a criminal record(thug/carjacker...)?
Gathige
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 3:30:28 PM

Chaka wrote:
How will the vehicle owner verify that the 'client' does not have a criminal record(thug/carjacker...)?

I doubt this is a serious app. May be they want to psyche people people up on an experiment.

Otherwise, any fee paying passenger arrangement becomes a PSV undertaking which i seriously doubt that is their intention
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
Mike Ock
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 3:39:08 PM

Chaka wrote:

Do you guys ask all these questions of Uber? Or was this guy's biggest mistake giving it a local name that now you are so suspicious of it?
Lolest!
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 4:09:14 PM

Chaka wrote:

There's no way even for these other apps

But they say you'll have to sign up with national ID. Should make it easier to track the thug
Chaka
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2018 9:20:26 PM

Mike Ock wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Do you guys ask all these questions of Uber? Or was this guy's biggest mistake giving it a local name that now you are so suspicious of it?

I am thinking along the lines of giving a lift to a stranger from ocha..the long journey may expose the vehicle owner to unknown dangers(I even doubt whether female drivers will dare "lift" males).Uber journeys are within city I believe and so would be "safer' and Uber drivers will likely be drivers vis-a-vis the ocha guys who will likely be owners of their vehicles..
uncleboni
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:18:51 AM

Hi Wazuans, I'm Boni founder and CEO of Sematime the company behind NipeLift. Looks like I'm late to this train. Anyways, allow me to respond to some of the issues raised here:
a) On safety and security - we have a 3 tired verification process: phone number, Mpesa verification where you make a refundable Ksh 1 to our paybill to allow us get your mpesa names, we require copies of national ID and driving license for drivers, prepayments of lift bookings. Pleas follow this thread to see our safety measures - https://twitter.com/nipe...062602241918541824?s=19

b) On 'Uber' ad - I must admit that took some balls but for the ordinary folks on the streets nothing resonates more with this carpooling thing. You should check out the 'Slay queens of Nairobi' advert - https://twitter.com/nipe...061991879787667458?s=19

c) On carjackings & other ills of our society etc; it's a possibility but then that's why our verification process is so tight to weed off would be outliers. In fact, any how you look at it, we do way much better than all the taxi hailing apps out there.

d) On insurance, for most cases its only invalidated if a non-psv was doing it for 'profit, gain or reward'. As someone here rightfully pointed out, NipeLift drivers are only in it to recoupe costs. Nothing more nothing less. But still, there are other solutions to this problem like 'on-demand insurance' where you pay XX amount for XXXX cover. See what Sendy does with courier - https://aptantech.com/20...surance-for-deliveries/

I'm really grateful to those that took their time to use the app. Refer a friend or members if your family.

I'm gonna be camped here for next couple of days to answer any queries you guys may have.

CEO & Founder @Sematime & @Nipelift
Skype: @githinjibn | Email: boni at sematime com | Office: +254706129100 | Twitter: @uncleboni | Reverence over love anyday
mawinder
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:02:21 AM

uncleboni wrote:
Hi Wazuans, I'm Boni founder and CEO of Sematime the company behind NipeLift. Looks like I'm late to this train. Anyways, allow me to respond to some of the issues raised here:
a) On safety and security - we have a 3 tired verification process: phone number, Mpesa verification where you make a refundable Ksh 1 to our paybill to allow us get your mpesa names, we require copies of national ID and driving license for drivers, prepayments of lift bookings. Pleas follow this thread to see our safety measures - https://twitter.com/nipe...062602241918541824?s=19

b) On 'Uber' ad - I must admit that took some balls but for the ordinary folks on the streets nothing resonates more with this carpooling thing. You should check out the 'Slay queens of Nairobi' advert - https://twitter.com/nipe...061991879787667458?s=19

c) On carjackings & other ills of our society etc; it's a possibility but then that's why our verification process is so tight to weed off would be outliers. In fact, any how you look at it, we do way much better than all the taxi hailing apps out there.

d) On insurance, for most cases its only invalidated if a non-psv was doing it for 'profit, gain or reward'. As someone here rightfully pointed out, NipeLift drivers are only in it to recoupe costs. Nothing more nothing less. But still, there are other solutions to this problem like 'on-demand insurance' where you pay XX amount for XXXX cover. See what Sendy does with courier - https://aptantech.com/20...surance-for-deliveries/

I'm really grateful to those that took their time to use the app. Refer a friend or members if your family.

I'm gonna be camped here for next couple of days to answer any queries you guys may have.

B and D is bullshit..You are advertising using someone's brand name, for D please, this forum is not for idiots who can be lied to.Lie to people elsewhere but not here.
Lolest!
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:39:53 AM

Haiya, kumbe the founder is a wazuan!Applause
sparkly
#14 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 10:52:29 AM

Kenyans give lifts by stopping at the stage and buying passengers from makangas/mungiki. Risk is;

1. Security - You lift or are lifted by thugs; and

2. Expectations - You lift @mugundaman and he expects you to take him to middle of nowhere with no roads and lighting.

To address these issues the developers should take a community approach to increase trust. Also have an accepted code for lifting.

For instance if Wazua started a lifting community, I won't have a problem lifting or being lifted by a wazuan.
Life is short. Live passionately.
uncleboni
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:15:11 PM

mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:

B and D is bullshit..You are advertising using someone's brand name, for D please, this forum is not for idiots who can be lied to.Lie to people elsewhere but not here.

Man you got bile, calm down. No one called anyone a dimwit if anything pure respect for y'all on Wazua. I think we can all converse in a civilized manner. Otherwise tupatane Uhuru Park for some "whose gotta a bigger dick" parade.

How many times have you heard of 'Uber for x,y & z? Too many to keep tabs on. Still, its deeper than that - introspect further. It's not what it always seems. Controversy marketing has been a thing since 1990, it's 2018. Hello!

On insurance, you perhaps need to think and consult far and wide. Start with our site https://nipeLift.sematime.com then Google carpooling in EU, India etc. Perhaps you'll get to see what's at stake.

Skype: @githinjibn | Email: boni at sematime com | Office: +254706129100 | Twitter: @uncleboni | Reverence over love anyday
uncleboni
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:19:12 PM

Lolest! wrote:

Yes sir, been around since '14 although passively.
Angelica _ann
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:21:57 PM

uncleboni wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Yes sir, been around since '14 although passively.

your language up there is unwarranted.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
uncleboni
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:25:28 PM

sparkly wrote:
Kenyans give lifts by stopping at the stage and buying passengers from makangas/mungiki. Risk is;

1. Security - You lift or are lifted by thugs; and

2. Expectations - You lift @mugundaman and he expects you to take him to middle of nowhere with no roads and lighting.

To address these issues the developers should take a community approach to increase trust. Also have an accepted code for lifting.

For instance if Wazua started a lifting community, I won't have a problem lifting or being lifted by a wazuan.

Good observations but then that's what you get when you hitch a ride in that Noah, Probox or Sienta from Eldoret to Nairobi. Not vetted, not verified, no background checks, nothing.

We know better; before we can allow anyone to book or offer a lift they must all have been checked and verified in advance.

Drivers are required to set their dropoff and pickup points in advance. This way the passenger expectations are met to avoid those ackward detours.

Swenani
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:29:51 PM

mawinder wrote:
uncleboni wrote:

Take your meds Mawinder
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
mawinder
#20 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 8:15:31 PM

Hahaha.. This Nipe Lift thinks fellows here are idiots.
1.He uses Uber name to advertise his illegal scheme.More less like Toss saying our Omo called Toss.This clearly shows it is a scam and meant to fool that nipe lift is affiliated to Uber.
2. On the insurance, no insurance in Kenya will accept such nonsense unless the vehicle has PSV insurance. Also if the vehicle carries more than one passenger, it will need TLB license.Drivers carrying passengers are also required to have class A license.Police have had crackdowns on private vehicles carrying passengers and at times ask for identification of people traveling in private cars to prove relations to the driver.This Nipe Lift fails all the tests of the law and should be shunned.
You can insult me instead of providing credible confirmation from Insurance Regulatory Authority, NTSA and police department with this bogus illegal criminal fraudulent NipeLift.