#141 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 3:48:05 PM

Share price is hitting lowest level in 15 years
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Angelica _ann
#142 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 3:56:42 PM

Ericsson wrote:

Brace for below 2 bob after results are announced.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
KaunganaDoDo
#143 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 4:16:57 PM

Ericsson wrote:

You haven't seen nothing yet .... The numbers will be out of the kitchen sink sooner.
Ebenyo
#144 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 4:27:18 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:
@KaunganaDoDo and @kawi254, do you see this counter testing 3bob?

It will, for sure as the sun will shine tomorrow, it will. The full year will be tooo baaaaaad. Sub four is a must

Results will be released saa ngapi

Before 15th I should think so

Dividend.....0.50 per share....

Hahahahaha...Dividend hadi 2023...The company is both profit and cash constrained. Plus they will need to pay 6B in December for the Stan Chart 50B syndicated loan they took in 2016. Maturity has come.
These sort of loans are often renewed and their Baba Bailout is always there to help out. All said and done, it remains tough for KPLC.

The new management should go for a Big Bath accounting move to clean up the books and give themselves a cushion to make themselves look good in the future.

Baba Bailout is also looking for a bailout for himself
SGR loan messed him
Baba Bailout will get the money he seeks but the Watoto (& their kids) shall pay the price in the future.

"The harvest is finished, and the summer is gone," the people cry, "yet we are not saved!"

This should be the week, hopefully to be saved. Time is over.

The salvation i want is kshs 0.50 dividend.

How do you pay a dividend on Negative cash-balance of over 9B...When PBT is swinging between 0 and 2.5 B, Depending on whether it is daytime or night darkness

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly And they provide lighting!!!

its very sad that this is the epitome of mismanagement style of uhuruto.What happens after 2022 when hustler takes full charge,is a good guess for all of us.It will be better to flee from GOK controlled firms.
I think I mentioned this to you when you first joined. It's a tough lesson. I learned it years ago. Do note I have KenRe and I Pray that Looto doesn't get his hands on it BUT there is no guarantee. I am ready and willing to take a loss and close the chapter come 2022.

I agree with you.But with the little knowledge i have learnt here for two years now,i will not go for loss.Patience is the best practice needed here.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
KaunganaDoDo
#145 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2018 4:38:16 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:

It will, for sure as the sun will shine tomorrow, it will. The full year will be tooo baaaaaad. Sub four is a must

Hahahahaha...Dividend hadi 2023...The company is both profit and cash constrained. Plus they will need to pay 6B in December for the Stan Chart 50B syndicated loan they took in 2016. Maturity has come.
These sort of loans are often renewed and their Baba Bailout is always there to help out. All said and done, it remains tough for KPLC.

The new management should go for a Big Bath accounting move to clean up the books and give themselves a cushion to make themselves look good in the future.

SGR loan messed him
Baba Bailout will get the money he seeks but the Watoto (& their kids) shall pay the price in the future.

"The harvest is finished, and the summer is gone," the people cry, "yet we are not saved!"

How do you pay a dividend on Negative cash-balance of over 9B...When PBT is swinging between 0 and 2.5 B, Depending on whether it is daytime or night darkness

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly And they provide lighting!!!

its very sad that this is the epitome of mismanagement style of uhuruto.What happens after 2022 when hustler takes full charge,is a good guess for all of us.It will be better to flee from GOK controlled firms.
I think I mentioned this to you when you first joined. It's a tough lesson. I learned it years ago. Do note I have KenRe and I Pray that Looto doesn't get his hands on it BUT there is no guarantee. I am ready and willing to take a loss and close the chapter come 2022.

I agree with you.But with the little knowledge i have learnt here for two years now,i will not go for loss.Patience is the best practice needed here.

The Company is expected to make operating loss 2018/19 unless otherwise. Other Income from Customers Contribution during new connections armotization is what will be the source of hope, little as it. But the Opex, Power Purchase costs ,are expected to be MORE than what is in the tariff....
Extraterrestrial
#146 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 9:33:25 AM

Only knights with iron hands shall survive this battle. The serrated arrows are raining. Lightning is flashing and all that is visible is carnage in the darkest of nights. Stonkered soldiers spraunchle up the hill. Defeated at heart; morally merely wreckage of the chivalrous stallions that once courted the most beautiful princesses in the land. Their armour spiked by the tails of deeply embedded arrows. Their pain forgotten like the cold rain. The castle is yonder and the opposing armies have swarmed outside. The vultures feed on the carcasses. Defeat is imminent like the ear-splitting thunder that follows the blinding lightning flashing like the anger of God.

But there is another army of gutsy chevaliers hidden in the woods... Oh how they wish that the true-blue pawns would not have to be slaughtered... But they will attack when the enemy is celebrating the glory of victory with fatuous gusto... Will their pukka bravery be rewarded by the King's merry laughter and feasts and celestial pleasures befitting the pagan gods of old? Time is the narrator...
Metch
#147 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 10:18:19 AM

Extraterrestrial wrote:
Only knights with iron hands shall survive this battle. The serrated arrows are raining. Lightning is flashing and all that is visible is carnage in the darkest of nights. Stonkered soldiers spraunchle up the hill. Defeated at heart; morally merely wreckage of the chivalrous stallions that once courted the most beautiful princesses in the land. Their armour spiked by the tails of deeply embedded arrows. Their pain forgotten like the cold rain. The castle is yonder and the opposing armies have swarmed outside. The vultures feed on the carcasses. Defeat is imminent like the ear-splitting thunder that follows the blinding lightning flashing like the anger of God.

But there is another army of gutsy chevaliers hidden in the woods... Oh how they wish that the true-blue pawns would not have to be slaughtered... But they will attack when the enemy is celebrating the glory of victory with fatuous gusto... Will their pukka bravery be rewarded by the King's merry laughter and feasts and celestial pleasures befitting the pagan gods of old? Time is the narrator...

Muandiwambeu? d'oh!
Start!
tom_boy
#148 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:01:51 PM

If looto ascends to the seat in 2022, even Kengen will not be spared.
They must find it difficult....... those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority. -G. Massey.
nashx
#149 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 1:12:30 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:

SGR loan messed him

The Company is expected to make operating loss 2018/19 unless otherwise. Other Income from Customers Contribution during new connections armotization is what will be the source of hope, little as it. But the Opex, Power Purchase costs ,are expected to be MORE than what is in the tariff....

KaunganaDoDo is well informed...the questions I would like his help with are:

1. What is his view of the current 'acting' management? Can they be trusted to clean shop and run KPLC properly and realise it's immense potential as a monopoly?

2. KPLC has missed to pay dividends before (in 2013) but resumed paying dividend the next year...is this a highly probable scenario i.e. Dividends in FY19?

3. What is needed to unlock KPLC massive book value of almost 28 bob d'oh!
Offering my personal finance knowledge for free
KaunganaDoDo
#150 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:08:17 PM

nashx wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Superprime1 wrote:

SGR loan messed him

KaunganaDoDo is well informed...the questions I would like his help with are:

1. What is his view of the current 'acting' management? Can they be trusted to clean shop and run KPLC properly and realise it's immense potential as a monopoly?

2. KPLC has missed to pay dividends before (in 2013) but resumed paying dividend the next year...is this a highly probable scenario i.e. Dividends in FY19?

3. What is needed to unlock KPLC massive book value of almost 28 bob d'oh!

Happy Shabbat...
1). Even if you got Saint James or St. Andrews and you take them to Stima Plaza, as long as there is negative political interference, it will be a long shot. Plus most of the kplc contracts are long term, The current Management will be contrained for many years to come. Though i can say their operations will be Pareto Constraint Optimal. The saviour will be the current regulatory and oversight over kplc operations, where things which used to be hidden in mystery are opening up, Plus UK has emboldened the Ag. Management alot with his public declaration.

2). For sure, the dividend drought will continue, UNLESS there is strategic initiatives like conversation of GoK onlend loans to equity and simultaneous Rights Issue to fund their capex and free some cashflow. The company is heavily indebted . Finance cost should spike from 5B in 2017 to 8 B this year... Plus the biggest worry is is the current tariffs enough to meet the power purchase cost? Remember even the tariff has lowered the Required level of loss target from 15.9% to 14.9%...Meaning that customers will bear loss in electricity distribution by 14.9% of the total power purchase cost, above this target, Kplc bears this cost... KPLC is currently doing losses of over 20%...Do the mats when accounts are released, you will see this will result into...
3). The book value should be reduced further when new Financial Account are released but generally, the company has been having very Low ROA due to the constrained operating environment... Most of the company assets are not what you call production assets... Political Power and Chinese Power brokers with their Kenyan Gate Keepers normally do so many unnecessary projects that lie idle, ...like Bigger substations in areas of low demand, Undergrounding projects that don't reduce losses etc etc etcThey just increase depreciation charges and nothing else
VituVingiSana
#151 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:35:47 PM

"Pareto Constraint Optimal" gitu gani in this context?

Great points @KaunganaDoDo I expect another Debt to Equity Conversion in the near future... Existing shareholders enjoy.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Cde Monomotapa
#152 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:18:08 PM

Political risks and red tape scare away investors from EA energy sector https://www.theeastafric...asAMP-pko0lu/index.html

ICYMI: Coop net profit rises 8pc to Sh10.3bn https://www.nation.co.ke...sAMP-rr3k99z/index.html

KaunganaDoDo
#153 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 5:18:20 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Great points @KaunganaDoDo I expect another Debt to Equity Conversion in the near future... Existing shareholders enjoy.

Means that the current Management can be relied upon not to exerbate or wosen KPLC operations, they will make best decision, however constrained they are. They will do the best out of the bad situation... The best cannot be said to be the Optimal solution....Such solution is described as Pareto Constraint Optimal solution....
Ericsson
#154 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 8:49:58 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Means that the current Management can be relied upon not to exerbate or wosen KPLC operations, they will make best decision, however constrained they are. They will do the best out of the bad situation... The best cannot be said to be the Optimal solution....Such solution is described as Pareto Constraint Optimal solution....

KaunganaDoDo
Tomorrow is 19th.
Are we getting the big news
KaunganaDoDo
#155 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2018 9:41:17 PM

Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KaunganaDoDo
Tomorrow is 19th.

Monday or Tuesday, unless there is catastrophic events of disagreement
Ebenyo
#156 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:10:23 AM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KaunganaDoDo
Tomorrow is 19th.

It could also be that,they are waiting to release the results on the deadline day, 30th november just some few minutes before mid night.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#157 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 11:13:25 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

KaunganaDoDo
Tomorrow is 19th.

It could also be that,they are waiting to release the results on the deadline day, 30th november just some few minutes before mid night.

Sawa chairman
Ericsson
#158 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 7:20:53 AM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
The MD is out of the country for two weeks.
This guys will announce results on the last day of November

Am told he is coming back Saturday 17Th . Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 should be the days, if everything is agreed upon between PWC,A-G and The KPLC Board

20th imefika.
Acha tungoje tujue kama itakuwa the d-day.
KaunganaDoDo
#159 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 7:42:19 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Arap Mashamba is taking a break. Atarudi.
Which worries me about KenRe.

We need to research as to which companies were doing well during mtukufu rais moi regime especially here in NSE.

Now let's wait for the figures

Am told because of the Commissioning of LTWP and REA Garissa, there will be no news today. MARK YOUR CALENDAR for THURSDAY 22
Ericsson
#160 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:21:10 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Arap Mashamba is taking a break. Atarudi.
Which worries me about KenRe.

We need to research as to which companies were doing well during mtukufu rais moi regime especially here in NSE.

Now let's wait for the figures

Am told because of the Commissioning of LTWP and REA Garissa, there will be no news today. MARK YOUR CALENDAR for THURSDAY 22

I see no mentioning of Commissioning of LTWP and REA Garissa today.