wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages<1234>»
Kenya Power FY 2017/2018
Fyatu
#21 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:20:41 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
I wager that even with reduced profits Kenya power will still report a PAT of over 2 billion

Very expectant of Fyatu, I wager you planted a seed here.

Yes sir. This is the cheapest stock on NSE and a monopoly. In the long term this thing will make some wazuans dollar millionaires.

It reminds me of Safaricom at 2 bob and we were here in wazua bashing it saying we wouldn't touch it even with a 10 foot pole?
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
KaunganaDoDo
#22 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:32:09 PM

Fyatu wrote:
I wager that even with reduced profits Kenya power will still report a PAT of over 2 billion

No Chance in a Million Years. Don't be misled by the Profit Warning.
Fyatu
#23 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:35:33 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Are you suggesting we are starring at a negative PAT?? In another thread you predicted price hitting 3 bob and then afterwards new millionaires will be minted??
Angelica _ann
#24 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:49:58 PM

Fyatu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Yes sir. This is the cheapest stock on NSE and a monopoly. In the long term this thing will make some wazuans dollar millionaires.

It reminds me of Safaricom at 2 bob and we were here in wazua bashing it saying we wouldn't touch it even with a 10 foot pole?

Forget monopoly, management is key and you cant compare this to Safcom. The level of (mis)management at KPLC is back to pre 2002. Last mile watu walikula kukula. Remember it was a reelection gimmick. Last mile is not even a prudent investment in itself.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
KaunganaDoDo
#25 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:50:04 PM

Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Are you suggesting we are starring at a negative PAT?? In another thread you predicted price hitting 3 bob and then afterwards new millionaires will be minted??

PBT will be between 2B to 3B
Ebenyo
#26 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:52:54 PM

Fyatu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Jared Otieno lists the three points he intends to use to address the decline in revenues:
1.Financial sustainability-this will mean tring to depend on internal funds generated by the company.This will eradicate dependency on debts.
2.Diversification of the company existing revenues streams-e.g internet
3.To spur demand from stakeholders-this is natural.
Management aspect of the company should be addressed too.GOK should divorce micro management of the firm.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#27 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 1:56:17 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Jared Otieno lists the three points he intends to use to address the decline in revenues:
1.Financial sustainability-this will mean tring to depend on internal funds generated by the company.This will eradicate dependency on debts.
3.To spur demand from stakeholders-this is natural.Management aspect of the company should be addressed too.GOK should divorce micro management of the firm.

Okay Kenya Power Chairman
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
wukan
#28 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:05:08 PM

Ebenyo wrote:

3.To spur demand from stakeholders-this is natural.
Management aspect of the company should be addressed too.GOK should divorce micro management of the firm.

KPLC's thieving culture is what he needs to change. It is entrenched corporate culture. These are thieves they are even stealing evidence to nail the crooks.Sad Sad

Quote:
DPP Noordin Haji has ordered investigations over the missing documents meant for prosecution of top Kenya Power managers.

The prosecution told the court the documents were in the custody of the firm.

"DPP Noordin Haji orders for investigations into circumstances under which documents meant for prosecution of KPLC corruption cases went missing. Documents were under the custody of KPLC," tweeted the ODPP.
Angelica _ann
#29 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:10:29 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
muandiwambeu wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

3.To spur demand from stakeholders-this is natural.Management aspect of the company should be addressed too.GOK should divorce micro management of the firm.

Okay Kenya Power Chairman

He really believes in this KPLC, pole kwake.d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
KaunganaDoDo
#30 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 2:51:18 PM

Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

If The External Auditors have their way...it should be Negative...But lobbying is ongoing to have something small...
kawi254
#31 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 5:34:26 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

If The External Auditors have their way...it should be Negative...But lobbying is ongoing to have something small...

With the Enron and KPMG South Africa aftermaths which big four accounting firm will want to approve cooked books?
Angelica _ann
#32 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 5:36:29 PM

smile
rwitre
#33 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 5:45:35 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

@Fyatu...Atlas, ARM, now KPLC. You sir, are a brave one.
KaunganaDoDo
#34 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 6:49:30 PM

kawi254 wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

With the Enron and KPMG South Africa aftermaths which big four accounting firm will want to approve cooked books?

Apana weza acha Mzee kama KPLC wa miaka 96 years UCHI...lazima avalishwe nguo kidogo...Punguza aibuu kidogo...wewe unataka kuona uchi ya Mzee??????
Fyatu
#35 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 8:31:49 PM

rwitre wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Its not for the faint hearted my friend. They say you cannot gain without loosing. I have made a few good calls here and there in this same market.

Our best holding time is forever.....Warren Buffet's proverb
obiero
#36 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 9:50:36 PM

Fyatu wrote:
rwitre wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Its not for the faint hearted my friend. They say you cannot gain without loosing. I have made a few good calls here and there in this same market.

What I like about you is that you are honest.. There's an old man here on wazua who keeps messing up with his calls but will never admit failure

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Angelica _ann
#37 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2018 9:51:19 PM

Fyatu wrote:
rwitre wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Long on forever, not at NSE. You must be on the lookout kabisa, otherwise... you know all the results. Otherwise crazy haircut.
VituVingiSana
#38 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 12:22:41 AM

obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
rwitre wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

What I like about you is that you are honest.. There's an old man here on wazua who keeps messing up with his calls but will never admit failure

Is he still waiting for KQ's "Open Offer"? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#39 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:46:30 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
rwitre wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Is he still waiting for KQ's "Open Offer"? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Respect your age

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
RIEK01
#40 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2018 9:50:29 AM