Fyatu wrote:
Queen wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Arap Mashamba is taking a break. Atarudi.
Which worries me about KenRe.

We need to research as to which companies were doing well during mtukufu rais moi regime especially here in NSE.

Now let's wait for the figures

Am told because of the Commissioning of LTWP and REA Garissa, there will be no news today. MARK YOUR CALENDAR for THURSDAY 22

I see no mentioning of Commissioning of LTWP and REA Garissa today.

But PBT should be in the range of 2.5 to 3.1...Take the best case scenario of 3.1 due to reduced provisioning

Predictions don't come more accurate than this. Hongera!

This dude is Mr. Reddy Kilowatt himself. He is an insider

@Kaunganadodo,Applause Applause he is truly an insider.On behalf of obiero,pesanane,vvs,angelicaann and ericson,welcome to wazua.Applause Applause dont disappear coz we value your input.

Congratulations @Kaunganadodo and thanks for the accurate info. We really appreciate. We surely need you and people like you around. Don't be a stranger.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Ebenyo
#222 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 11:58:19 AM

This is the only company in my portfolio that i was still waiting for results.Its the only one that i have missed a dividend.Considering that dividends are my top priority,i think i have done well by 9/10.Meaning,out of ten companies in my portfolio,i have got dividends from nine and missed one.
Considering how difficult it was for me to construct an equity portfolio,i think i have done well.The target was to meet my objectives and minimise risk exposure.

Towards the goal of financial freedom
lochaz-index
#223 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 12:18:07 PM

Kenya Power is a very good/reliable proxy for political risk in KE and the (mis)management that comes with any regime. It could be a better barometer if shorting was possible.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
KaunganaDoDo
#224 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 12:25:41 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Queen wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

We need to research as to which companies were doing well during mtukufu rais moi regime especially here in NSE.

Am told because of the Commissioning of LTWP and REA Garissa, there will be no news today. MARK YOUR CALENDAR for THURSDAY 22

But PBT should be in the range of 2.5 to 3.1...Take the best case scenario of 3.1 due to reduced provisioning

@Kaunganadodo,Applause Applause he is truly an insider.On behalf of obiero,pesanane,vvs,angelicaann and ericson,welcome to wazua.Applause Applause dont disappear coz we value your input.

Congratulations @Kaunganadodo and thanks for the accurate info. We really appreciate. We surely need you and people like you around. Don't be a stranger.

Karibuni. There is alot of corporate thuggery in NSE, just like there's much Misinformation and Disinformation around. It helps to have accuracy in information at least cost.
obiero
#225 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 12:30:27 PM

Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Profit before tax at ksh.3.089bn
Profit after tax at ksh.1.918bn
No dividend declared

Terrible

To imagine this is massaged, wapi chairmansmile

Cashflow position negative ksh.7.6bn

Dead company. If GoK wasnt part of it, would
be suspended by now.. It's insolvent

Company is in negative working capital,current liabilities having exceeded current liabilities by Sh51.67 billion or 48.5 per cent.

Liabilities > Assets

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
obiero
#226 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 12:33:50 PM

KaunganaDoDo wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
Queen wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
KaunganaDoDo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Karibuni. There is alot of corporate thuggery in NSE, just like there's much Misinformation and Disinformation around. It helps to have accuracy in information at least cost.

Kabisa! @spikes should surrender his elder title to this gentleman/lady

VituVingiSana
#227 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 1:19:16 PM

obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
No dividend declared

Terrible

To imagine this is massaged, wapi chairmansmile

Cashflow position negative ksh.7.6bn

Dead company. If GoK wasnt part of it, would
be suspended by now.. It's insolvent
The kettle calling the pot black! Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Sina KQ ama KPLC so I have no dog in this fight.
I hope both KQ and KPLC support KK's efforts to grow Kenya's economy by paying their bills for goods supplied!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#228 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 1:20:49 PM

Fyatu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
No dividend declared
After all the drama, this is much better than I expected. Compare this to some firms that have not turned a profit for 6 years running.
Have the accounts been qualified?
What's the EPS?
How many shares does KPLC have?

Going by the numbers provided by @Ericsson, the EPS is ksh. 1 or thereabouts. Therefore earnings = 28% given the current share price of 3.6. How is Return on Assets(ROA) calculated for firms such as Kenya power? What is the formula? I told you this firm if well managed can rival Safaricom
IF
Who runs Saf?
Who runs KPLC? [NBK, KQ, KenGen, etc]
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#229 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 1:27:15 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Kenya Power is a very good/reliable proxy for political risk in KE and the (mis)management that comes with any regime. It could be a better barometer if shorting was possible.
My aversion to GoK-controlled firms, despite my holdings in KenRe, is well documented.
Thanks to @KDoDo for the accurate info.
I hope KPLC is "revived" given I own 1/50,000,000 of it!

Will the "new" scrutiny that the Mgmt is under help?
Or will it the same old, same old?
obiero
#230 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:11:11 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
My aversion to GoK-controlled firms, despite my holdings in KenRe, is well documented.

Your misfortunes with ARM, KQ, Olympia and Flame Tree are equally well documented, to mention but a few..

VituVingiSana
#231 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:21:43 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Your misfortunes with ARM, KQ, Olympia and Flame Tree are equally well documented, to mention but a few..
Yes! I have made many mistakes but thankfully none of the above have been devastating.
KQ & Olympia were my biggest disappointments but selling out was Applause Applause Applause .
ARM is under administration so valued at "zero".
FTGH (very small portfolio) is profitable.
Ebenyo
#232 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:26:02 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Some faith in one Jared Othieno.
I will be patient because of him.
Then the corruption purge by one Noordin Haji and the period before 2022.
im sure i will pay school fees.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
AndyC
#233 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:32:02 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

This duel needs to settle now! It is well documented in most threads and someone needs to take the higher road. Handshake anyone?
lochaz-index
#234 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:34:30 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

I don't think much will change. I'm salivating at the shorting prospects if NSE had an ETF of GoK firms(owned, controlled and managed) eg kplc, kq, kengen, eapc, mumias, Kenya re, nbk in a single index...the returns since 2015 would have been quite stellar. Due to its broad based composition it would accurately track GoK/political risk/performance as opposed to a single stock pricing/financial performance.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
VituVingiSana
#235 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:37:54 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

I don't think much will change. I'm salivating at the shorting prospects if NSE had an ETF of GoK firms(owned, controlled and managed) eg kplc, kq, kengen, eapc, mumias, Kenya re, nbk in a single index...the returns since 2015 would have been quite stellar. Due to its broad based composition it would accurately track GoK/political risk/performance as opposed to a single stock pricing/financial performance.
#TukoPamoja
obiero
#236 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 2:57:08 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

#TukoPamoja

This @lochaz-index character seems quite woke.. A real analyst

obiero
#237 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 3:03:30 PM

AndyC wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

This duel needs to settle now! It is well documented in most threads and someone needs to take the higher road. Handshake anyone?

I will offer a handshake on 01.01.2019, for now its teke kwa teke..

VituVingiSana
#238 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 4:21:46 PM

obiero wrote:
AndyC wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

I will offer a handshake on 01.01.2019, for now its teke kwa teke..
I am waiting for my handcheque from Rubis Applause Applause Applause
Perhaps in 1-2 years, Seaboard may come around with a better offer but I will have to do with a dividend in 2019.
If I am very lucky then Dangote may throw me some crumbs for ARM.

I am looking forward to 2019. Applause
wukan
#239 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 4:29:53 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Quote:
Electricity sales grew by 2.3% from 8,272 million units the previous year, to 8,459 million
units in the period under review due to an expanded customer base.

This is the only stat I look at together with cement consumption. In the last year of Kibaki electricity sales was growing 8%. Throw 3 trillion shillings in debt and you end up with 2.3% growth.Pray Pray shit-storm is coming
Ericsson
#240 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 4:42:05 PM

wukan wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Quote:
Electricity sales grew by 2.3% from 8,272 million units the previous year, to 8,459 million
units in the period under review due to an expanded customer base.

This is the only stat I look at together with cement consumption. In the last year of Kibaki electricity sales was growing 8%. Throw 3 trillion shillings in debt and you end up with 2.3% growth.Pray Pray shit-storm is coming

@wukan
Very very well explained hapo
admin wukan be promoted to a veteran
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle