safariant
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:29:11 PM

Swenani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Hmmmn wrote:
Yep...I walk about 8 to 9 km a day...takes about an hour...Set my walking app to clock 10,000 steps...Depending on my speed burn between 300-350 calories according to my app...Sometimes walk with hand weights...Invest in some good sneakers that have good arch support...

Lie detected

Swenani, you are turning into Double A..Laughing out loudly Nitpicking on irrelevancies and derailing a thread into weird tangents. What's your exercise regimen baba? Let us get healthier this year and next. Today I walked quite a bit and with a heavy backpack at that. I watched a documentary a few days ago about Muhammad ali's training regimen when he was world champ. He jogged with boots weighed down with several kilos in metal weights which he claimed made him lightning fast and super fit once he took them off. Having a heavy backpack or weights and walking or jogging seems to kill two birds with one stone by giving both a cardio and resistance training fix at the same time. Add a steep hill or two while at it and one will get super fit very fast IMHO.

@Mugundaman, I do run

But Stop having a discussion for the sake of it. If that's what you want, enda base ukule veve mchapiene vako.

Telling lies is derailing a discussion but not pointing out those lies.

Walking 8km/hr is same as walking 2.2M/s, How many steps/strides can you make in a second while walking considering that you can't make a metre in one stride?

Walking 8Kms an Hour is very possible, infact I think many Kenyans walking from Kibra to Inda do this effortlessly

Competitive 10KM walking races by elite athletes is 40 minutes and that is close to jogging/running.

Elite athletes(akina Bekele) run 10Kms in 30-40 minutes

Let me stay in my ignorance by stating that no average joe/mary can walk 8-9kms in an hr unless you are an advanced/elite athlete.

"The official world records in the 10,000 metres are held by Kenenisa Bekele with 26:17.53 minutes for men and Almaz Ayana from Ethiopia with 29:17.45 minutes for women."

"On May 28, 2000, Roman Rasskazov of Russia set a new 10-km race walk world record in Saransk in a time of 37:11. The all-time women's 10-km race-walk record is held by Yelena Nikolayeva of Russia, at 41:04."
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
Bigchick
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2018 10:50:48 PM

Swenani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Hmmmn wrote:
Yep...I walk about 8 to 9 km a day...takes about an hour...Set my walking app to clock 10,000 steps...Depending on my speed burn between 300-350 calories according to my app...Sometimes walk with hand weights...Invest in some good sneakers that have good arch support...

Lie detected

Swenani, you are turning into Double A..Laughing out loudly Nitpicking on irrelevancies and derailing a thread into weird tangents. What's your exercise regimen baba? Let us get healthier this year and next. Today I walked quite a bit and with a heavy backpack at that. I watched a documentary a few days ago about Muhammad ali's training regimen when he was world champ. He jogged with boots weighed down with several kilos in metal weights which he claimed made him lightning fast and super fit once he took them off. Having a heavy backpack or weights and walking or jogging seems to kill two birds with one stone by giving both a cardio and resistance training fix at the same time. Add a steep hill or two while at it and one will get super fit very fast IMHO.

@Mugundaman, I do run

But Stop having a discussion for the sake of it. If that's what you want, enda base ukule veve mchapiene vako.

Walking 8km/hr is same as walking 2.2M/s, How many steps/strides can you make in a second while walking considering that you can't make a metre in one stride?

Walking 8Kms an Hour is very possible, infact I think many Kenyans walking from Kibra to Inda do this effortlessly

Competitive 10KM walking races by elite athletes is 40 minutes and that is close to jogging/running.

Let me stay in my ignorance by stating that no average joe/mary can walk 8-9kms in an hr unless you are an advanced/elite athlete.

I beg to differ.It is possible.

Even with my XL size I am able to do 9Km in 1hour 15 mins.So guys who are S and L size can do that 1hour comfortably.
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
Swenani
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:11:54 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Hmmmn wrote:

Lie detected

@Mugundaman, I do run

Even with my XL size I am able to do 9Km in 1hour 15 mins.So guys who are S and L size can do that 1hour comfortably.

Kuja participate in stanchart 10km marathon. I'm certain you will be among top 20 guys by just walking,imagine what you can achieve combining running&walking

You guys are lying or are elite walkers/athletes.consider representing Kenya in competitive walking races.
Can you imagine starting a race with kenenisa running while you walk and finish the race 30 minutes after keninisa finishing ? Ukikimbia si utamshinda?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Tokyo
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:46:38 AM

Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Hmmmn wrote:

Lie detected

@Mugundaman, I do run

Let’s simplify.Just like any ordinary person! I run in my local gym 3km 15min. Meaning 1hr I can clock 12km if I maintain the same pace like how I started. (Not possible) . If Walking it will be impossible to do more than 8km.
work to prosper
MugundaMan
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:14:30 AM

Guys, you are now derailing the thread jamaneni Drool
What does it matter if someone can walk at elite speeds or not? Hiyo ni biashara yake. Live and let live!

Back to topic.
Still exhausted from jana's walking. Today will do resistance training in house and walk baadaye in the day as well. Ubaya jana I slipped big time diet wise. Was walking in town when I made the mistake of passing by Galito's. That place is a curse from the pits of Hades my frens! Somehow, without my knowledge, I found myself inside with a big delicious peri peri chicken leg between my teeth quickly accompanied by very tasty salt-laden fries and sugar laden ice cold soda. Today I need to go back to being disciplined.
kenmac
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:58:37 AM

Tokyo wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Hmmmn wrote:

Lie detected

@Mugundaman, I do run

Let’s simplify.Just like any ordinary person! I run in my local gym 3km 15min. Meaning 1hr I can clock 12km if I maintain the same pace like how I started. (Not possible) . If Walking it will be impossible to do more than 8km.

A normal paced walk by an average person will have speed of 4km/h. To manage 8km/h, it is jogging or running, not walking!
......Ecclesiastes
Swenani
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 9:34:01 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
What does it matter if someone can walk at elite speeds or not? Hiyo ni biashara yake. Live and let live!

Back to topic.
Still exhausted from jana's walking. Today will do resistance training in house and walk baadaye in the day as well. Ubaya jana I slipped big time diet wise. Was walking in town when I made the mistake of passing by Galito's. That place is a curse from the pits of Hades my frens! Somehow, without my knowledge, I found myself inside with a big delicious peri peri chicken leg between my teeth quickly accompanied by very tasty salt-laden fries and sugar laden ice cold soda. Today I need to go back to being disciplined.

I think if you're working to retain you weight/form, weekly indulges are ok.

I drink beer 2-3 times a week but I'm still able to stay within my desired body weight and form.
MugundaMan
#28 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 4:32:16 PM

Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

I drink beer 2-3 times a week but I'm still able to stay within my desired body weight and form.

True but depends on body type/metabolism. I am one of those people who if I eat nyamchoms and fries three days in a row I gain like crazy in no time and losing it becomes super difficult! If I was a drinker by now I would be double my weight and growing daily!
tycho
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 5:08:24 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

True but depends on body type/metabolism. I am one of those people who if I eat nyamchoms and fries three days in a row I gain like crazy in no time and losing it becomes super difficult! If I was a drinker by now I would be double my weight and growing daily!

@Mugundaman, I'm amazed that you do race walking and call it exercise. Mpaka nikafikiri naeza kujoin nikifanya meditation!

Those kinds of speed you're mentioning need some other forms of exercise to be actualized. I suspect even jogging would be included.

Anyway, if world champions are doing 20 Km in just over an hour, how long would it take you to cover a similar distance?

I think this matter is mis-presented or something...
MugundaMan
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:02:08 PM

tycho wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

@Mugundaman, I'm amazed that you do race walking and call it exercise. Mpaka nikafikiri naeza kujoin nikifanya meditation!

Those kinds of speed you're mentioning need some other forms of exercise to be actualized. I suspect even jogging would be included.

Anyway, if world champions are doing 20 Km in just over an hour, how long would it take you to cover a similar distance?

Laughing out loudly
Tycho, soma thread vizuri papa. I am not the accused nor do I think the speed is relevant IMHO, and you are just derailing this thread further by asking. What are your eating tabias like, my broda? Eating not so well is my biggest weakness. They say 80% of getting fit is not actually exercise but eating healthy. Today I did weight training on an angled bench with heavy dummbbells. Pecs are on fire but it will all be worth it. Kesho will walk to my nearby shopping centre for groceries and back. By next month the ladies, mamas and pretty slay queens will all be drooling droooool over my physique when I pass them by bwana.
Swenani
#31 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:12:40 PM

tycho wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

Tycho,hawa watu ni wa kukimbia kwa laptop sio kwa barabara.Moreover,many people tend to overestimate their distance. When I started running,I was convinced for a long time that I was doing 5kms until the day I threw away app,driove around my route only to be shocked that I was overstating the distance by over 1.5km
Angelica _ann
#32 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:30:28 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
tycho wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

Laughing out loudly
Tycho, soma thread vizuri papa. I am not the accused nor do I think the speed is relevant IMHO, and you are just derailing this thread further by asking. What are your eating tabias like, my broda? Eating not so well is my biggest weakness. They say 80% of getting fit is not actually exercise but eating healthy. Today I did weight training on an angled bench with heavy dummbbells. Pecs are on fire but it will all be worth it. Kesho will walk to my nearby shopping centre for groceries and back. By next month the ladies, mamas and pretty slay queens will all be drooling droooool over my physique when I pass them by bwana.

Now you are talking, I can picture stuff Drool Drool Drool
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
tycho
#33 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:52:04 PM

I believe when we say 'exercise' in this context we are talking about keeping the body/mind in a state of something called 'fitness'. Activities like race walking are post-fitness activities... Speed is a measure of fitness remember. If you drag yourself to the shopping center and claim exercise then probably your trainer will protest.

Anyway, I eat with a good measure of austerity. But I can have almost a bit of everything that's within reasonable freshness. When eating for social reasons, a bite or two and no more.

Mindful eating does wonders even in abundance.
tycho
#34 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2018 7:14:35 PM

Swenani wrote:
tycho wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

Tycho,hawa watu ni wa kukimbia kwa laptop sio kwa barabara.Moreover,many people tend to overestimate their distance. When I started running,I was convinced for a long time that I was doing 5kms until the day I threw away app,driove around my route only to be shocked that I was overstating the distance by over 1.5km

Yes, we overstate distance and speed many a times.

In other news, if you do 10 km running in an hour, si world champion atakuuliza kaa ulikuwa unatembea?
MugundaMan
#35 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 2:35:03 AM

tycho wrote:
I believe when we say 'exercise' in this context we are talking about keeping the body/mind in a state of something called 'fitness'. Activities like race walking are post-fitness activities... Speed is a measure of fitness remember. If you drag yourself to the shopping center and claim exercise then probably your trainer will protest.

Anyway, I eat with a good measure of austerity. But I can have almost a bit of everything that's within reasonable freshness. When eating for social reasons, a bite or two and no more.

Mindful eating does wonders even in abundance.

Laughing out loudly

Tycho, a lot of trainers actually recommend walking as opposed to vigorous cardio especially when weight training. The "father" of aerobics actually made an amazing about turn on the issue of vigorous exercise;

https://www.texasmonthly...articles/walk-dont-run/

Light cardio helps preserve your gains due to reasons I highlighted above and does not expose you to crazy health risks.

Weight training alone burns serious calories, in fact it burns way more than both jogging and walking combined because long after you stop working out the calories are still being burned. Add vigorous cardio like jogging and your muscle will be eaten up big time.
MugundaMan
#36 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 2:38:42 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Now you are talking, I can picture stuff Drool Drool Drool

Dunia twetu tweli tuna mambo.
Obi 1 Kanobi
#37 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 9:07:23 AM

Swenani wrote:
tycho wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

@Swenani, I still believe that people do 8km in an hour just to work every morning from vijiji all over Nairobi, let alone someone who deliberately does it to improve their health.

Instead of arguing here, please just try walking, and time yourself, your android phone has an inbuilt App that will give you results.

The Olympic record for 20KM walk is 1Hr 18Min for men. I don't see why you think people dedicated to exercise can't achieve 8 Kms in 1 hour.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
tycho
#38 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 10:11:45 AM

@Mugunda, it seems you're not getting the gist of my 'argument'. This is what I'm saying:

If for the last 8 years you've been doing 8km in one hour, then doing it again tomorrow and the day after is not exercise. That's normal performance.

Exercise comes in when you want to improve on performance and shock your body from the normal.

So not all walking can be exercise. Some walking can even be described as resting.
tycho
#39 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 10:14:15 AM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tycho wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

@Swenani, I still believe that people do 8km in an hour just to work every morning from vijiji all over Nairobi, let alone someone who deliberately does it to improve their health.

Instead of arguing here, please just try walking, and time yourself, your android phone has an inbuilt App that will give you results.

The Olympic record for 20KM walk is 1Hr 18Min for men. I don't see why you think people dedicated to exercise can't achieve 8 Kms in 1 hour.

People dedicated to exercise can achieve such rates, but in this case, the target rate is the performance. The exercise for such a performance in my opinion, can't be walking alone.
Angelica _ann
#40 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2018 11:03:43 AM

tycho wrote:
Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
Swenani wrote:
tycho wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Back to topic.

People dedicated to exercise can achieve such rates, but in this case, the target rate is the performance. The exercise for such a performance in my opinion, can't be walking alone.

The guys who walk from Kibra, kayole, Dandora, Huruma, Soweto etc to and from Inda everyday look trim and fit. So dedicated almost daily walking can help you be all round fit. Requires stamina though.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen