Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Why do Kenyans love tinted windows?
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:14:31 AM

I have never got it.
Why the love for tinted windows?
Is there a particular reason?
I live in a small gated community and 80% of residents have tinted windows on their cars.
Mine are clear as day. Perhaps I am the only one with nothing to hide!

Typical tinted windows car

subaru
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:22:19 AM

Could one of your neighbours be having a tinted compressor whose video was on social media a few weeks back
Chaka
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 10:22:50 AM

@MugundaMan,
Good question..mine are also clear.The windows are also supposed to keep the car cool inside..I don't know whether that is true.

MugundaMan wrote:
I have never got it.
I live in a small gated community and 80% of residents have tinted windows on their cars.

Horton
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 11:27:45 AM

Chaka wrote:
@MugundaMan,
Good question..mine are also clear.The windows are also supposed to keep the car cool inside..I don't know whether that is true.

MugundaMan wrote:
I have never got it.

Due to the
1. heat tints protect the cars interior
2. Security
3. Apparent “cool factor”
4. Coz the dealership threw in a window tint with the car 😁
MugundaMan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:21:11 PM

subaru wrote:
Could one of your neighbours be having a tinted compressor whose video was on social media a few weeks back

He he he nope, what happened?
MugundaMan
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:24:39 PM

@Chaka & Horton
I would imagine the tint would trap even more heat inside a warm car and cook the seats and occupants even more. Solar ovens and heaters are usually painted black on the inside to trap incoming heat.
As for security, I would think tint would make things insecure because the gangstas would imagine something valuable is hidden inside!
kayhara
#7 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:29:14 PM

Horton wrote:
Chaka wrote:
@MugundaMan,

MugundaMan wrote:
I have never got it.

Due to the
1. heat tints protect the cars interior
2. Security
3. Apparent “cool factor”
4. Coz the dealership threw in a window tint with the car 😁

I have tinted every window in my car even the windscreen is tinted, why did I do this except for the fact that many mombasans have done it?
1-Heat and sun the tint keeps out most sun a heat and this keeps the car mint, I recently sold my toyota 110 at the same price I got it
Thanks to tint and AC.
2- Privacy I feel more comfortable in a tinted car not for security or anything but just privacy, especially from looks from wananchi in
matatus with their judging looks (mmmmh kaone na gari ya loan)
Clear windows make it seem like you are outside, or in a house with no curtains .
-if you are carrying bibi number 2 nobody has to see you can move stealthy.
3-Security if I park my car somewhere not very safe the tint keeps the opportunistic thief away as the can't see into the car, you can comfortably leave some valuables in the car.
4-Also for security it's hard for one to tell how many people are inthe car.
5-I sing alot inthe car and dance around in my seat, I surely do this because I know just like the shower I can't be seen
To Each His Own
obiero
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:30:45 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
@Chaka & Horton
I would imagine the tint would trap even more heat inside a warm car and cook the seats and occupants even more. Solar ovens and heaters are usually painted black on the inside to trap incoming heat.
As for security, I would think tint would make things insecure because the gangstas would imagine something valuable is hidden inside!

Chief wacha kutusumbua bana.. Gari si ni yangu.. Anyways, I did mine and hers for the UV protection..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
MugundaMan
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:42:49 PM

obiero wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
@Chaka & Horton

Chief wacha kutusumbua bana.. Gari si ni yangu.. Anyways, I did mine and hers for the UV protection..

Laughing out loudly
Pole broda.
Was just curious. UV protection makes sense.
MugundaMan
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:46:23 PM

kayhara wrote:

I think this is the reason that makes the most sense. Kumbe it's because there are slayqueens hidden humo humo! Salaalee!
Chaka
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:55:23 PM

And if the bibi is carrying bwana number 2 it will also apply..smile Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

kayhara wrote:

obiero
#12 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:56:41 PM

Chaka wrote:
And if the bibi is carrying bwana number 2 it will also apply..smile Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

kayhara wrote:

Immorality itamiliza sisi

MugundaMan
#13 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:07:50 PM

Chaka wrote:

kayhara wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Ryko
#14 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:44:21 PM

1. SECURITY

2. Slay queen

3. Refer to no. 1

I regard security as very important, I have had several security brushes just because of driving in clear window.

One time, I was on Mombasa road, Bunyala roundabout after Nyayo stadium. I was not aware of Gormahia Vs AFC game, it was around 6pm after the match. Gor fans were so rowdy as they crossed the highway so they stopped all the cars, I was at the front/row 2. Between the front seat & drivers seat I had stuck a 1 Ltr bottle of "Altar Wine", I had received it as a present previous night it looked greenish like "VAT69". All of a sudden I saw goons/Gor fans surrounding my car, calling each other, I could hear them shouting VAT 69, VAT69.... waaaaa. This guys were all struggling to peep in clear windows. My car was the only car surrounded as I could see the others were okay.

Immediately something hit me its the alcohol, I picked it up and rolled down the window before they crash my window, and it was grabbed and smashed because of the tussle, the road opened and I sped off.....

I always TINT everything that needs tinting. I have learnt my lessons. Ata mbele ni nyeusiiiii ti ti ti.
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
obiero
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 4:46:59 PM

Ryko wrote:
1. SECURITY

2. Slay queen

3. Refer to no. 1

I regard security as very important, I have had several security brushes just because of driving in clear window.

One time, I was on Mombasa road, Bunyala roundabout after Nyayo stadium. I was not aware of Gormahia Vs AFC game, it was around 6pm after the match. Gor fans were so rowdy as they crossed the highway so they stopped all the cars, I was at the front/row 2. Between the front seat & drivers seat I had stuck a 1 Ltr bottle of "Altar Wine", I had received it as a present previous night it looked greenish like "VAT69". All of a sudden I saw goons/Gor fans surrounding my car, calling each other, I could hear them shouting VAT 69, VAT69.... waaaaa. This guys were all struggling to peep in clear windows. My car was the only car surrounded as I could see the others were okay.

Immediately something hit me its the alcohol, I picked it up and rolled down the window before they crash my window, and it was grabbed and smashed because of the tussle, the road opened and I sped off.....

I always TINT everything that needs tinting. I have learnt my lessons. Ata mbele ni nyeusiiiii ti ti ti.

Hapo sawa

subaru
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:16:10 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
subaru wrote:

He he he nope, what happened?

It was heavily tinted and was bouncing in some parking somewhere then someone naughty posted ownership details
mmarto
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:34:39 PM

5. A policeman caught me on phone while in a clear car. He saw from the side. With tints i wont have been naswad
The only time you should be looking down on others is when you are helping them up.
sitaki.kujulikana
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 5:50:21 PM

how does it improve security, if one is jacked hapo ndani the thug can easily get by without being noticed, plus if cops start following you they might fire into the car assuming all are thugs.

I remember a case of a guy whose car number plate had been cloned and used on another car for a crime, then cops spotted his car and started following him and its the fact that they saw he was alone in the car and was not behaving erratically that they managed to stop him and ask some questions, with these tints bullets might have been fired and questions asked latter.
Chaka
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:30:49 PM

This thing about security.. Guys like burglar proofing their houses(metal grills everywhere).Now should there be an emergency( like a fire)..one may find they cannot exit the house in a hurry,thanks the door and window grillsSad
obiero
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 6:50:07 PM

Chaka wrote:
This thing about security.. Guys like burglar proofing their houses(metal grills everywhere).Now should there be an emergency( like a fire)..one may find they cannot exit the house in a hurry,thanks the door and window grillsSad

So how does it relate to car tints