wazua Fri, Apr 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Gordon Ogada is BROKE. 230m SportPesa Winner
rwitre
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 3:07:20 PM

Plot twist:

He isn't broke. He just has so many people asking him for money and got tired of it, so he plainly says "I've got no money left"

Or he can have multiple assets, and minimize on actual cash holdings. That way whenever asked about money, he says "I have bought that house over there, so no more money is left"

Otherwise if you keep bragging how rich you are people will leech onto you and milk you dry. The only people who survive that are those who have access to unending money supplies (cc. GoK offices). Let them see your assets. It's none of their business how much cash you actually have.
Chaka
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 3:09:21 PM

The guy must have paid like 69M to the tax man leaving him with 161M?
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
He isn't broke. Even if he invested 100m only and makes 10% return per annum, he Will have an income of almost 1m per month which is more than enough to live an affluent life in Kenya.

If I won 230M I would spend it as follows:

1. Travel the world - 30m;
2. Give to various Charities - 10m;
3. Ostentation (housing, cars and other luxuries for self, family) - 50m;
4. Liquid Investments - 50m;
5. Illiquid Investments - 90m;

Buy an IFB that would earn me 12.5% tax free per annum... That's... 28750000...2.395m per month....

Pay myself 1.395 pm.... Reinvest 1m every month... 500k to the primary for that month... 500k to scom shares.... Wash.... Rinse...Repeat...

MugundaMan
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 3:40:55 PM

rwitre wrote:
Plot twist:

He isn't broke. He just has so many people asking him for money and got tired of it, so he plainly says "I've got no money left"

Or he can have multiple assets, and minimize on actual cash holdings. That way whenever asked about money, he says "I have bought that house over there, so no more money is left"

Otherwise if you keep bragging how rich you are people will leech onto you and milk you dry. The only people who survive that are those who have access to unending money supplies (cc. GoK offices). Let them see your assets. It's none of their business how much cash you actually have.

More evidence that he blew the money and besides the three mansions, now has zero:

https://hivisasa.com/pos...0m-jackpot-winner-broke

Quote:
Four months after winning Sh230 million Sportpesa Mega jackpot, Gordon Ogada says he is now broke.

Ogada who won the highest cash prize since the introduction of the mega jackpot by Sportpesa said he was ashamed of the way he spent the cash.

Ogada, the father of two after winning the mega jackpot, was captured dishing out money to cheering crowds in Kibera, where he had been living.

He said that he spent the money in investments, buying a house in Nairobi and a few cars which drained his money.

“After this kind of spending, I honestly feel embarrassed because sometimes I don’t even have a dime
. I am no longer able to help my friends and relatives financially. They think I have loads of cash, when, in real sense, I don’t have money floating around.”

“I bought a house here in the city and a few cars, besides other investments here and there. All these cost millions. I’m literally drained of course. I might have made a few mistakes here and there. But largely, I did fine. I think I would be more responsible,” Ogada said during an interview with the Nairobian.

The previous Mega Jackpot winner, Samuel Abisai who won Sh221 million has invested his money in businesses.
Angelica _ann
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 5:21:57 PM

Chaka wrote:
The guy must have paid like 69M to the tax man leaving him with 161M?
maka wrote:
sparkly wrote:
He isn't broke. Even if he invested 100m only and makes 10% return per annum, he Will have an income of almost 1m per month which is more than enough to live an affluent life in Kenya.

Buy an IFB that would earn me 12.5% tax free per annum... That's... 28750000...2.395m per month....

Pay myself 1.395 pm.... Reinvest 1m every month... 500k to the primary for that month... 500k to scom shares.... Wash.... Rinse...Repeat...

There was no tax then and i think even now there is none. At least for sports betting as far as i know.

In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Angelica _ann
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 5:26:29 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
rwitre wrote:
Plot twist:

More evidence that he blew the money and besides the three mansions, now has zero:

https://hivisasa.com/pos...0m-jackpot-winner-broke

Quote:
Four months after winning Sh230 million Sportpesa Mega jackpot, Gordon Ogada says he is now broke.

Ogada who won the highest cash prize since the introduction of the mega jackpot by Sportpesa said he was ashamed of the way he spent the cash.

Ogada, the father of two after winning the mega jackpot, was captured dishing out money to cheering crowds in Kibera, where he had been living.

He said that he spent the money in investments, buying a house in Nairobi and a few cars which drained his money.

“After this kind of spending, I honestly feel embarrassed because sometimes I don’t even have a dime
. I am no longer able to help my friends and relatives financially. They think I have loads of cash, when, in real sense, I don’t have money floating around.”

“I bought a house here in the city and a few cars, besides other investments here and there. All these cost millions. I’m literally drained of course. I might have made a few mistakes here and there. But largely, I did fine. I think I would be more responsible,” Ogada said during an interview with the Nairobian.

The previous Mega Jackpot winner, Samuel Abisai who won Sh221 million has invested his money in businesses.

The 2 articles you have quoted are similar both plagiarized from the fake Standard. Nothing news just kuongeza chumvi here and there.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
mkenyan
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:01:44 PM

obiero wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
sparkly wrote:

But this is exactly what the article says he did NOT do Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
He built grand mansions in the village for the relatives that can never be rented out to anyone for income, bought them cows, one grand mansion for himself to live in that pays him no rent, and a fleet of cars to drive nywee on the roads with. Where does it say anything is paying him any income? He himself says he does NOT have any income despite the massive winnings!Laughing out loudly

Pesa ya gambling iko na laana

i heard that he lost a bit in those cash in transit scams. just a rumour, mind.
sparkly
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:28:34 PM

cd04 wrote:
sparkly wrote:

This is exactly why you would end up broke. You have just listed how you would “get rid” of the money as quickly as possible, as though having it with you would burn a hole in your side.

If you have never earnt a million, you cannot keep a million. Keeping money is even harder than making money. All those ‘investments’ people make end up losing the most money, even better spend it on ‘raha’.

I view money as a means not an end.

We all have different priorities and perhaps you should tell us how you would not "get rid" of that kind of money.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ryko
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 6:48:26 PM

sparkly wrote:

You are only missing two important things after winning such cash

1. Tithe/ kutoa sadaka (thanks giving) - 5M
2. Slayqueen miscellaneous -5M
I work so I can afford the amount of alcohol required to continue going to work
Kate_Mbarire
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 7:03:47 PM

For that kind of money...

Tythe a MUST

Buy a nice home in super kitisuru where the sonkoz of Nairobi live

Super retirement plan for my mother

Buy several apartments for rental income

Lolest!
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 7:13:06 PM

From the article, the guy isn't broke. He just made sure he tied his money in long term investments. Nice way to ward off relatives and friends
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Angelica _ann
#31 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 7:52:30 PM

Ryko wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Both are covered under no.2 perfectly.
sparkly
#32 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 8:44:06 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Ryko wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Both are covered under no.2 perfectly.

Tithe/ Sadaka is covered under the Charities. The two charitable causes close to my heart are Education and spread of religion (partly because of the Churches' work in education, health and poverty eradication).

Slayqueen manenos hapana taka Shame on you
Life is short. Live passionately.
tycho
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 06, 2018 9:06:05 PM

He could have met some serious attacks from the sophisticated thieves of this world.

He could be a nice target. Anyway, who wants such new money?

It's easy really. Just make him come with a convincing show of poverty because he needs to 'readjust'. So papers are signed about a highly Iliquid- let's do 'solid' portfolio.

Na mganga kutoka Togo aeke back up. Kwisha maneno.

In the short term he'll say to himself, 'I'm just pretending'.

When he tries something later, he's told: 'we plead insanity for you bro...'
Mike Ock
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 11:27:54 AM

Ryko wrote:
sparkly wrote:

Kenyan men kweli tumerogwa. You can be worth 200m and you still want to spend 5m in the hopes that jobless slay queens will spend some nights with you? Boss when you're worth that much you should just live an awesome life and let the slay queens be the ones to wish they could spend even one night with you
hardwood
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 1:33:45 PM

Kate_Mbarire wrote:

Tythe a MUST

The church would not take the proceeds of gambling/betting. Gambling is a sin.

That will cost 100m.

10 apartments each @13m and the cash is finished. Seems like 230m is pesa kidogo sana.

Lolest!
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 1:50:16 PM

hardwood wrote:
Kate_Mbarire wrote:

Tythe a MUST

That will cost 100m.

10 apartments each @13m and the cash is finished. Seems like 230m is pesa kidogo sana.

Reality itembee
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Gathige
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 3:38:34 PM

hardwood wrote:
Kate_Mbarire wrote:

Tythe a MUST

That will cost 100m.

Tythe a MUST

They say money changes character when it changes hands. Once the gambler from his sins makes cash, when he transfers to another party its safi kama pamba. That's why KRA is pursuing "thieves" to pay tax from their former ways.

"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
MugundaMan
#38 Posted : Sunday, October 07, 2018 5:15:27 PM

He looks like a guy no older than 23 -25 years old with tu simple-simple thoughts and ideas about finances, so no wonder he did not know how to handle the moolah when it dropped on his laps.

Angelica _ann
#39 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 11:28:32 AM

https://www.standardmedi...208-million-lottery-win

From this article, your broke Oguda >>>>>>

Present at the ceremony yesterday was Gordon Ogada, who in February won the biggest amount in SportPesa history by taking home Sh230,742,881.

Ogada advised Korir to use the money wisely.

“I invested my money in real estate, but I can advise that you do not rush to buy houses in Nairobi since they could be brought down the next day,” said Ogada.
MugundaMan
#40 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2018 11:34:33 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2001297765/this-is-my-plan-after-sh208-million-lottery-win

From this article, your broke Oguda >>>>>>

Present at the ceremony yesterday was Gordon Ogada, who in February won the biggest amount in SportPesa history by taking home Sh230,742,881.

Ogada advised Korir to use the money wisely.

“I invested my money in real estate, but I can advise that you do not rush to buy houses in Nairobi since they could be brought down the next day,” said Ogada.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly