wazua Wed, Dec 2, 2020
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

36 Pages«<3132333435>»
Why dustbowl is the future
Taurrus
#641 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:03:21 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 8/25/2015
Posts: 830
Location: Kite
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Vipi Sparkles. I see you could not resist coming out of hibernation to drop a ka peni biriLaughing out loudly

Yukos 1/8th uliuza ama bado blatha?


I gifted it to your boyfriend.

Ghai!
VituVingiSana
#642 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 10:58:07 AM
Rank: Chief


Joined: 1/3/2007
Posts: 17,328
Location: Nairobi
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Vipi Sparkles. I see you could not resist coming out of hibernation to drop a ka peni biriLaughing out loudly

Yukos 1/8th uliuza ama bado blatha?


I gifted it to your boyfriend.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
amorphous
#643 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:38:38 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Vipi Sparkles. I see you could not resist coming out of hibernation to drop a ka peni biriLaughing out loudly

Yukos 1/8th uliuza ama bado blatha?


I gifted it to your boyfriend.


A stint in jela would do you good just like it did for Tony StarkLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly #rehabilitation
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
sparkly
#644 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:58:22 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,905
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Vipi Sparkles. I see you could not resist coming out of hibernation to drop a ka peni biriLaughing out loudly

Yukos 1/8th uliuza ama bado blatha?


I gifted it to your boyfriend.


A stint in jela would do you good just like it did for Tony StarkLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly #rehabilitation


Same Jela where you met your boyfriend?
Life is short. Live passionately.
amorphous
#645 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 5:16:55 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Vipi Sparkles. I see you could not resist coming out of hibernation to drop a ka peni biriLaughing out loudly

Yukos 1/8th uliuza ama bado blatha?


I gifted it to your boyfriend.


A stint in jela would do you good just like it did for Tony StarkLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly #rehabilitation


Same Jela where you met your boyfriend?


alma1 wrote:
Hii tabia of unmasking on wazua is really childish.

let mugundaman be. I agree with nothing he says, lakini this is stupid.

Real men put their own faces here when they unmask others. Otherwise hii ni tabia ya umama na utoto.


Jela solves this particular problem quite beautifully Drool
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
sparkly
#646 Posted : Wednesday, September 16, 2020 7:36:35 PM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 9/23/2009
Posts: 7,905
Location: Enk are Nyirobi
amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sparkly wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Vipi Sparkles. I see you could not resist coming out of hibernation to drop a ka peni biriLaughing out loudly

Yukos 1/8th uliuza ama bado blatha?


I gifted it to your boyfriend.


A stint in jela would do you good just like it did for Tony StarkLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly #rehabilitation


Same Jela where you met your boyfriend?


alma1 wrote:
Hii tabia of unmasking on wazua is really childish.

let mugundaman be. I agree with nothing he says, lakini this is stupid.

Real men put their own faces here when they unmask others. Otherwise hii ni tabia ya umama na utoto.


Jela solves this particular problem quite beautifully Drool


Why bring @alma into this discussion. Kwani he is your boyfriend?
Life is short. Live passionately.
amorphous
#647 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:00:13 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth


Gamechanger for Jewel in the Crown DC, but as usual the reporters can only focus on the negative rather than the positive

1: "Long commute" issues will be HISTORY once the Expressway is ready. This means Jewel in the Crown population;--already the fastest growing in Kenya according to KNBS Census 2019 --will boom even more; meaning more domestic demand in the city and turbocharging the beautiful boom spiral that is a consequence thereof.

2. Unsightly KPLC cables are going underground! This needs to be done all over the city! In fact this should be official govt policy..Whenever any new road is being built/rebuilt. The allied infra (fiber, power, water sewer and so on) should be built in the easements/road reserves next to it..with room enough for future expansion

3. The temporary inconvenience is a necessary evil. Some may not remember how we were inconvenienced by the infamous "diversions" everywhere during the Kibaki road boom. Now everybody drives nyweeeee on Thika Superhighway, Outerring road etc bila msukosuko wowote. This too shall pass!

#DCisTheFuture

NIMESEMA!!
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
amorphous
#648 Posted : Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:16:03 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
Applause Applause Applause

Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
amorphous
#649 Posted : Friday, September 18, 2020 7:17:42 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
earthvoice wrote:
amorphous wrote:
earthvoice wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Ngong Registry very quick and efficient compared to Kajiado town. Not sure if they accept payments for Kiserian though. I should assume so since Kiserian (and Rongai) should be part of the greater Ngong municipality.


Asante sana, this would be much more efficient.
Where is the registry located in Ngong'? At the Law Courts? I cannot seem to find any contact/location info online.
Thanks again.


At the Kajiado North Dep County Commissioners offices opposite the Ngong Police Station before you get to the Law Courts, if I am not mistaken. You cannot miss it. Even if you do, asking around while in the area will get you there. All those offices are a short walk between each other.


I am sorted now. Asante sana. Much appreciated. smile


Karibu sana. Some more good news for you smile


Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
amorphous
#650 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2020 10:38:50 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
Whenever one is in Jewel in the Crown, DC hata blood pressure inashuka Drool

Very serene country feel. Perfect place to build your home and raise totos.



I read in the papers yesterday that our Governor is seriously lobbying to elevate Jewel in the Crown into a municipality like Ngong and Kajiado. We wish him all the best!
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
obiero
#651 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 6:47:44 AM
Rank: Elder


Joined: 6/23/2009
Posts: 12,858
Location: nairobi
amorphous wrote:
Applause Applause Applause


This is a good idea
COOP 5,500 ABP12.6; HF 30,000 ABP 5.90; KCB 7,500 ABP 36; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92
TheAlchemist
#652 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 10:46:15 AM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/30/2019
Posts: 13
Location: Nairobi
nation.africa: Road projects change face of Ngong, Ongata Rongai towns.
https://nation.africa/ke...ta-rongai-towns-2303138

Lots of transformation going on in DC. I think with a proper roads network Ngong and its surroundings are the true 'jewel in the crown'
amorphous
#653 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2020 6:24:48 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
TheAlchemist wrote:
nation.africa: Road projects change face of Ngong, Ongata Rongai towns.
https://nation.africa/ke...ta-rongai-towns-2303138

Lots of transformation going on in DC. I think with a proper roads network Ngong and its surroundings are the true 'jewel in the crown'


Applause Applause Applause
Asante sana. This was the article I read in hard copy

Quote:
“We are determined to speed up priority projects to ensure the environment of doing business in our towns is conducive. We fully support the municipalities and their 2021/21 fiscal year projects,” Governor Lenku told the boards of the municipalities, his Cabinet as well as ward representatives at a workshop in Mombasa Friday.

The governor said he is leading other leaders to lobby for the establishment of Kitengela municipality.


As for the Jewel in the Crown tag, let the friendly compe begin! A rising tide lifts all boats. #DCisTheFuture

Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
tinker
#654 Posted : Tuesday, September 22, 2020 2:40:14 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 11/15/2010
Posts: 432
Location: Nairobi
amorphous wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:
nation.africa: Road projects change face of Ngong, Ongata Rongai towns.
https://nation.africa/ke...ta-rongai-towns-2303138

Lots of transformation going on in DC. I think with a proper roads network Ngong and its surroundings are the true 'jewel in the crown'


Applause Applause Applause
Asante sana. This was the article I read in hard copy

Quote:
“We are determined to speed up priority projects to ensure the environment of doing business in our towns is conducive. We fully support the municipalities and their 2021/21 fiscal year projects,” Governor Lenku told the boards of the municipalities, his Cabinet as well as ward representatives at a workshop in Mombasa Friday.

The governor said he is leading other leaders to lobby for the establishment of Kitengela municipality.


As for the Jewel in the Crown tag, let the friendly compe begin! A rising tide lifts all boats. #DCisTheFuture



https://www.businessdail...25876-ety10x/index.html


The (Upper DC) project is targeting a slice of the more than 19,000 students in the area, drawn from CUEA (5,158), Kenya School of Law (605) Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Karen (5,000),Multimedia University (4,632), Co-operative University (3,724), Tangaza University College (501) and Marist University’s 255 students..
5 Universities & Kenya School of Law, all OPERATING! are located in upper-DC border-line.
Numbers don't lie, more than 19,000 students all in the neighborhood.
& they did not include Nazarene & Adventist universities.

Majority of their students, lecturers, support staffs live or rely-on upper-DC, truely 'The new jewel in the crown' with solid economy-enabling support base.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
amorphous
#655 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2020 11:07:25 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
Impressive Applause

Meanwhile in Jewel in the CrownDrool, all the big corporates are following the money ...

https://hapakenya.com/20...ong-the-eastern-bypass/



Quote:


Equity Afia opens clinics in Kitengela, Ngong and along the Eastern Bypass


Equity Afia, the medical franchise of Equity Group Foundation (EGF), has opened three new medical centres in Kitengela, Ngong and along the Eastern Bypass.

In Kitengela, the clinic is located at the Maasai Discovery Building while in Ngong it is located at the Ngong Heights building. On the Eastern Bypass, the clinic can be found at the Premier Northpark Mall. With the opening of these three clinics, the Equity Afia outreach footprint has reached 23 centres nationally.

The three new medical centres are fully-fledged multi-speciality centres offering outpatient medical care services such as general consultation, specialised clinics, dental, optical, dermatological, paediatric and nutrition services, among others and are supported by ultra-modern laboratories and in-house pharmacies that stock quality, generic and branded drugs.

Equity Afia is an initiative under the Equity Group Foundation that is using franchising principles to train and monitor a network of medical entrepreneurs, who are qualified alumni of the Equity Leaders Program (ELP). The main goal is to ensure the sustained improvement of the health and well-being of Kenyans by increasing access to and utilization of quality, affordable and standardized healthcare.

Equity Group Foundation Executive Director Reuben Mbindu, had this to say, “As EGF, we are pleased to see alumni of the Equity Leaders Program (ELP) who pursued medical courses in universities and practiced medicine grow to become medical entrepreneurs driven by the sole purpose of increasing Kenyans’ access to quality and affordable healthcare services.”
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
amorphous
#656 Posted : Thursday, September 24, 2020 10:33:28 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
The single biggest factor why Jewel in the Crown will always remain Jewel in the CrownDrool Drool Drool



Quote:
Kitengela town is located in Kajiado County south of Nairobi capital. The town is situated about 30 KM from central business district. Kitengela promises to be the best residential in Nairobi area owing to the open and large space available for expansion. The availability space is attracting development of more modern and spacious residential houses such as villas, townhouses, marionette and bungalows. The town neighbors with Nairobi national park, Kitengela Game Conservation and Maasai Ostrich Park which is a popular tourist destination. The town sits along Mombasa Road making it accessible to Nairobi capital. Kitengela town is the home for RAF international university. The SGR adds new feature to the prospect of Kitengela town with the quick access to the Nairobi CBD and the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.


source: https://hassconsult.co.k...&location=Kitengela

I have said it before and said it again:

On a shilling for shilling basis, Jewel in the Crown offers the LEAST COST with the HIGHEST UPSIDE due to its virtually limitless hinterland. Even compared to Rongai which is already very expensive relative to Jewel in the Crown yet its horizons for potential expansion are crimped.

Is it any wonder then why Kitengela's population growth rate is tops in Kenya according to KNBS census data?

1) Rongai was one of the first ever satellite towns to experience a population boom in the 80s yet Rongai's and Kitengela's population are almost neck and neck - again- according to KNBS data. That should tell everyone something. Population moves with opportunity. The middle classes are always the first ones to chase said opportunities. Corporates ALWAYS follow the middle classes. No rocket science there.

2) The curse of incumbency. Since Rongai was the first..it was not very well planned. So it got overcrowded very fast with its legendary traffic jams. Jewel in the Crown on the other hand has vast open spaces with which to plan. Even Namanga road - gateway to TZ- with its over 100m road reserve can be transformed into a Thika superhighway sized expressway in no time.
3) Jewel in the Crown, DC's population is way younger and consists mostly of Nairobi immigrants who on average got to DC "just a few years ago." This youth bulge dividend is unstoppable. I have said it here before..the average age of any fundi, stall owner, tile guy, painter, electrician, entrepreneur, etc is comically young. Try building in DC and see if any of the fundis that show up are over 40. Very rare.

4) Jewel in the Crown DC is just way more funky, experimental and full of dreamchasers who turn the impossible to the possible. Kenya's largest heated swimming pool anyone? At GMC fun park, Jewel in the Crown, DC. All major celebs including your favourite rappers moving where? To Jewel in the Crown DC, where else. High end Boeing 747 Aeroplane club? A first for Africa north of the Limpopo and South of the Sahara? In Jewel in the Crown, DC of course. I see all sorts of crazy businesses coming up daily. Juzi I went down recently tarmacked Mirriams road and was shocked to find very high end biasharas - dentists with high tech equipment, Well stocked gyms with youngsters doing battle ropes...an ice cream shop with crazy flavours that would not be out of place in Westlands or Karen, name it, it is there and this is like over 100 m deep inside out of sight from the main highways and byways. I have been to Rongai and Ngong many many times and though those are also boom towns, I just have not seen the same energy, pizzaz, variety and creativity as in Jewel in the Crown. Once you leave the main road in Ngong and Rongai mabiasharas hapo ni dingy sana.

5) The other thing (other than unlimited hinterlands) that makes Jewel in the Crown tops; DC represents THE FACE OF KENYA in a way no other satellite city doesDrool Drool Drool . In fact its only competitor on this score is Nairobi Core itself.

NIMESEMA!!!
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
TheAlchemist
#657 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 12:14:59 PM
Rank: New-farer


Joined: 7/30/2019
Posts: 13
Location: Nairobi
amorphous wrote:
The single biggest factor why Jewel in the Crown will always remain Jewel in the CrownDrool Drool Drool



Quote:
Kitengela town is located in Kajiado County south of Nairobi capital. The town is situated about 30 KM from central business district. Kitengela promises to be the best residential in Nairobi area owing to the open and large space available for expansion. The availability space is attracting development of more modern and spacious residential houses such as villas, townhouses, marionette and bungalows. The town neighbors with Nairobi national park, Kitengela Game Conservation and Maasai Ostrich Park which is a popular tourist destination. The town sits along Mombasa Road making it accessible to Nairobi capital. Kitengela town is the home for RAF international university. The SGR adds new feature to the prospect of Kitengela town with the quick access to the Nairobi CBD and the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.


source: https://hassconsult.co.k...&location=Kitengela

I have said it before and said it again:

On a shilling for shilling basis, Jewel in the Crown offers the LEAST COST with the HIGHEST UPSIDE due to its virtually limitless hinterland. Even compared to Rongai which is already very expensive relative to Jewel in the Crown yet its horizons for potential expansion are crimped.

Is it any wonder then why Kitengela's population growth rate is tops in Kenya according to KNBS census data?

1) Rongai was one of the first ever satellite towns to experience a population boom in the 80s yet Rongai's and Kitengela's population are almost neck and neck - again- according to KNBS data. That should tell everyone something. Population moves with opportunity. The middle classes are always the first ones to chase said opportunities. Corporates ALWAYS follow the middle classes. No rocket science there.

2) The curse of incumbency. Since Rongai was the first..it was not very well planned. So it got overcrowded very fast with its legendary traffic jams. Jewel in the Crown on the other hand has vast open spaces with which to plan. Even Namanga road - gateway to TZ- with its over 100m road reserve can be transformed into a Thika superhighway sized expressway in no time.
3) Jewel in the Crown, DC's population is way younger and consists mostly of Nairobi immigrants who on average got to DC "just a few years ago." This youth bulge dividend is unstoppable. I have said it here before..the average age of any fundi, stall owner, tile guy, painter, electrician, entrepreneur, etc is comically young. Try building in DC and see if any of the fundis that show up are over 40. Very rare.

4) Jewel in the Crown DC is just way more funky, experimental and full of dreamchasers who turn the impossible to the possible. Kenya's largest heated swimming pool anyone? At GMC fun park, Jewel in the Crown, DC. All major celebs including your favourite rappers moving where? To Jewel in the Crown DC, where else. High end Boeing 747 Aeroplane club? A first for Africa north of the Limpopo and South of the Sahara? In Jewel in the Crown, DC of course. I see all sorts of crazy businesses coming up daily. Juzi I went down recently tarmacked Mirriams road and was shocked to find very high end biasharas - dentists with high tech equipment, Well stocked gyms with youngsters doing battle ropes...an ice cream shop with crazy flavours that would not be out of place in Westlands or Karen, name it, it is there and this is like over 100 m deep inside out of sight from the main highways and byways. I have been to Rongai and Ngong many many times and though those are also boom towns, I just have not seen the same energy, pizzaz, variety and creativity as in Jewel in the Crown. Once you leave the main road in Ngong and Rongai mabiasharas hapo ni dingy sana.

5) The other thing (other than unlimited hinterlands) that makes Jewel in the Crown tops; DC represents THE FACE OF KENYA in a way no other satellite city doesDrool Drool Drool . In fact its only competitor on this score is Nairobi Core itself.

NIMESEMA!!!


@Amorphous - some heavy heavy points you have there.
But as a recent convert, I must admit what piqued my interest and got me sold on the DC narrative was this post from way back, and only after a took a fact finding tour of the area: http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...amp;m=860570#post860570

I guess for those of us susceptible to the 'Prairie Fever' likely to come from the acres and acres of open plains in the Kite-Namanga corridor then Ngong gives a good option with its variety of scenic landscapes and features - from the rolling hills and valleys (which I believe serves as a huge 'area multiplier' for this part of DC compared to the plains), quiet leafy outskirts, lush forests like Kibiku and Oloolua and the dusty plains of the Kimuka-Suswa or Kiserian-Magadi corridors on the leeward sides. It is no wonder that even tour companies charge an arm and a leg for visitors to just take a hike in these neighborhoods (https://bucketlist.co.ke/shop/ololosokuan-kimuka-hike/ , https://bucketlist.co.ke/kibikuforesttrails ...).

Entertainment-wise Ngong seems to still lag behind, but with Karen-Langata being just a few minutes away (the boundaries are rapidly getting blurred with the ongoing road constructions) we can still dandia the Nairobi core for these. I recently visited the Asyana Gardens (https://asyanagardens.ke/) with its beautifully done lawns which one can easily mistake for astroturf, and was a bit disappointed that they are an alcohol-free zone (hence the popularity with Somalis).

These, plus of course being a more organized municipality with many sub-county govt offices and services (did I mention the new Kshs 800m, 4-storey ultra-modern retail market, one of Kenya's most modern - https://www.kajiado.go.k...ng-ultra-modern-market/), in my opinion makes Ngong quite a strong contender for the crown.



amorphous
#658 Posted : Friday, September 25, 2020 2:07:08 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
TheAlchemist wrote:
[
@Amorphous - some heavy heavy points you have there.
But as a recent convert, I must admit what piqued my interest and got me sold on the DC narrative was this post from way back, and only after a took a fact finding tour of the area: http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...amp;m=860570#post860570

I guess for those of us susceptible to the 'Prairie Fever' likely to come from the acres and acres of open plains in the Kite-Namanga corridor then Ngong gives a good option with its variety of scenic landscapes and features - from the rolling hills and valleys (which I believe serves as a huge 'area multiplier' for this part of DC compared to the plains), quiet leafy outskirts, lush forests like Kibiku and Oloolua and the dusty plains of the Kimuka-Suswa or Kiserian-Magadi corridors on the leeward sides. It is no wonder that even tour companies charge an arm and a leg for visitors to just take a hike in these neighborhoods (https://bucketlist.co.ke/shop/ololosokuan-kimuka-hike/ , https://bucketlist.co.ke/kibikuforesttrails ...).

Entertainment-wise Ngong seems to still lag behind, but with Karen-Langata being just a few minutes away (the boundaries are rapidly getting blurred with the ongoing road constructions) we can still dandia the Nairobi core for these. I recently visited the Asyana Gardens (https://asyanagardens.ke/) with its beautifully done lawns which one can easily mistake for astroturf, and was a bit disappointed that they are an alcohol-free zone (hence the popularity with Somalis).

These, plus of course being a more organized municipality with many sub-county govt offices and services (did I mention the new Kshs 800m, 4-storey ultra-modern retail market, one of Kenya's most modern - https://www.kajiado.go.k...ng-ultra-modern-market/), in my opinion makes Ngong quite a strong contender for the crown.



@TheAlchemist. Excellent pointsApplause . I really love Ngong as previous posts have shown.
In fact Ngong is the most scenic of all DC cities (hands down no contest). That one I will hand to you without challenge. It's proximity to Nairobi is also a huge strongpoint compared to other DC cities. And Ngong road dualling has been a game changer there. I foresee Ngong (Kibiku especially) going the Kerarapon way..becoming another arm of the greater Karen area. As a result, prices too will rise fastest in Ngong compared to any other DC city in my humble view. However, Ngong needs to pick up in terms of developing its town centre more. Ngong's population too has not reached critical mass yet. When it does, it will boom proper.
Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
amorphous
#659 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:42:35 AM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
Drool









Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
amorphous
#660 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2020 3:24:33 PM
Rank: Member


Joined: 5/15/2019
Posts: 504
Location: planet earth
KITENGELA EXPRESSWAY Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly (Yep Jewel in the Crown will be the biggest beneficiary of it)..rapidly taking shape Applause Applause Applause

Emotions and ego are twin enemies of strategy
Users browsing this topic
Guest (3)
36 Pages«<3132333435>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2020 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.