wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<2728293031>»
Why dustbowl is the future
amorphous
#561 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 1:01:06 AM

NewMoney wrote:
This is how the whole of DC will look like in the future, you can go to areas that were considered DC 20 years ago for reference e.g mwiki, ngong

https://www.nation.co.ke...h-open-air-dump-986020#

NewMoney, what have you been smoking? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

1. Mwiki is in NAIROBI county and NOT DC
2. That is a picture of NGONG DUMPSITE that you have decided to post. What did you expect a dumpsite to look like? Laughing out loudly
3. Notice the BEAUTIFUL HILLS and BUILDINGS in the far background. All those buildings are very near Ngong CBD AND VERY FAR AWAY from said dumpsite.

Why did you FAIL TO POST pics of Ngong's leafy burbs?

Post pics of Kerarapon
Post Pics of Zambia area
Post Pics of Matasia beautiful hilly homes
Post pics of Kahara
Post Pics of Olkeri Mansions
Post pics of KIbiko A and Kibiko B that both are forming the Runda of Ngong
Post pics of the glittering CBD of Nairobi as viewed from the top of Kibiko..truly a sight to behold

I can look for 100 dumpsites in Nairobi core to post for you hapa. But I am not that desperate as you are in trying to create BASELESS propaganda to prove my points Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Age and family mellows us all over time
amorphous
#562 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2020 8:49:18 AM

NewMoney will NEVER talk about this side of Ngong in DC Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Olkeri

Kibiko: Ngong's Runda

Kerarapon; Ngong's Muthaiga

Sorry, NewMoney but these zones do not have the pigs and dumpsites you love and are accustomed to!

NewMoney
#563 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2020 12:02:55 AM

amorphous wrote:
NewMoney wrote:
This is how the whole of DC will look like in the future, you can go to areas that were considered DC 20 years ago for reference e.g mwiki, ngong

https://www.nation.co.ke...h-open-air-dump-986020#

NewMoney, what have you been smoking? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

1. Mwiki is in NAIROBI county and NOT DC
2. That is a picture of NGONG DUMPSITE that you have decided to post. What did you expect a dumpsite to look like? Laughing out loudly
3. Notice the BEAUTIFUL HILLS and BUILDINGS in the far background. All those buildings are very near Ngong CBD AND VERY FAR AWAY from said dumpsite.

Why did you FAIL TO POST pics of Ngong's leafy burbs?

Post pics of Kerarapon
Post Pics of Zambia area
Post Pics of Matasia beautiful hilly homes
Post pics of Kahara
Post Pics of Olkeri Mansions
Post pics of KIbiko A and Kibiko B that both are forming the Runda of Ngong
Post pics of the glittering CBD of Nairobi as viewed from the top of Kibiko..truly a sight to behold

I can look for 100 dumpsites in Nairobi core to post for you hapa. But I am not that desperate as you are in trying to create BASELESS propaganda to prove my points Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I am a believer of DC and still waiting for my perfect opportunity to live there but it has to tick all the points.\
I know so many promising suburbs that have gone down the wrong path over
time due to lack of proactive controls.. and this is why it is prudent to buy into a gated community ata uko DC and pay those service charges so that
there is a guarantee of some level of harmony.. can you believe building a mansion in DC and then your next door neighbour akuje ajenge ghorofa ya
singles and bedsitters right next to your over-glorified home, it happens all the times in DC
amorphous
#564 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2020 6:03:19 AM

NewMoney,
Have you been to Jewel in the Crown (Kitengela) DC?
2 minutes after leaving Kitengela, the leafy burbs are slowly developing under controlled gated community concept.

Upper New Valley
Riverside
Fountain View
Chuna
Police Sacco/Utumishi
Yukos
Safaricom 2
Muigai Prestige
Royal Finesse
New World Gardens

The list is endless!
Isitoshe some of them like Chuna and Muigai are over 400 Acres large!

sparkly
#565 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2020 6:07:55 AM

Quote:

Nganya Culture

If you are not aware of Rongai’s intricately designed matatus, you must be living under a rock. They are undeniably Nairobi’s finest public service vehicles. They have eye-catching and jaw-dropping graffiti on the outer body while the inside is fitted with free wi-fi, numerous speakers and LCD screens for loud music surrounding.

Matatus and the touting culture are a nuisance. The reason they are not allowed in decent neighbourhoods like Runda, Muthaiga. Anyway, to each their own, even those who get excited by clubs on wheels like teenagers.
Life is short. Live passionately.
amorphous
#566 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2020 11:06:11 AM

Game changer. Just started my youtube channel. Expect more shared content on DC as well as personal videos etc in the future. I might even make an appearance once in a while Drool
amorphous
#567 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2020 7:43:08 AM

Good news! The famous YUKOS inn. , one of the top 15 places in Nairobi metropolitan with the best nyama choma, is upgrading and becoming very posh. Recently opened Pavilion and Halcyon have really brought the heat to Jewel in the Crowmn DC and competitors are being FORCED to shape up or ship out if they are to survive! Enkare (which by the way has bar none the best nyama in Kitengela if you ask me, even better than Yukos) has already upgraded and is grading the parking around it. More will have to follow!

We saw it with Acacia Supermarket. When Kitengela Mall brought the heat with their spanking NEW and beautiful Naivas complete with escalators, they were forced to shutter their subpar business offerings (kiosk like supermarket) and upgrade to very nice looking modern stalls instead which are picking up very well given stalls are a niche market!

As sqft says, DC haina karumaindo Laughing out loudly. I would modify that to read DC hatutaki karumaindo quality businesses!Drool

NIMESEMA!
amorphous
#568 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2020 4:22:32 PM

Wukan,
Did I hear you right when you said the nobady from funky Nairobi core is moving to DC?

Read and weep Drool .

And please remember these are the youngsters who are just getting started in their lives and pursuing the formula I stated some posts back on settling in DC. In ten years time you can imagine how much development they collectively would have brought to DC. Na bado ..DC is just warming up!

And when you see the top rapper in Kenya aspiring to move to Kitengela and do the same then you know your Nairobi core thesis is in trouble Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

https://biggestkaka.co.k...completing-his-mansion/

Quote:
Teddy is almost completing his mansion that he started building from the ground up. Photo credit: Instagram/teddybproducer
entertainment

Teddy B is almost completing his mega mansion
Kokan Okusimba, 1 week ago 2 min read

Teddy B, a revered and respected record producer in the country today is soon going to see his dream come through thanks to his efforts.

The record producer who has worked with almost all the mentionable artistes across the East African region is currently building his mansion and according to what he has shared online, the project is almost over.

Teddy B is soon going to be a mansion owner in Chuna Estate, Kitengela where he is erecting his mansion that is getting built to his specifications.

Teddy B real name Benard Bulimwa has seen received a lot of positive vibes from celebrities and fans after showing the progress of his unfinished mansion.

Among so many others, Khaligraph Jones who is also keen on building his mansion in the coming few months congratulated the celebrated record producer commending him for the big moves.

“Teddy B Producer congratulations bro, Big Moves,” Khaligraph Jones said after seeing the progress of Teddy B’s mansion.

The first time Teddy B shared with the world about building a mansion was back in December 2019 where he shared a micro-second clip showing the progress of his erect mansion that even got the attention of the late gospel musician Papa Dennis.

“Congratulations Big man,” gospel musician, DK Kwenye Beat added.

sqft
#569 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 4:01:50 PM

The jewel in the crown in all its glory. Kitengela, Isinya and surrounding areas. DC is the future.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
NewMoney
#570 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2020 11:09:14 PM

amorphous wrote:
Wukan,
Did I hear you right when you said the nobady from funky Nairobi core is moving to DC?

Read and weep Drool .

And please remember these are the youngsters who are just getting started in their lives and pursuing the formula I stated some posts back on settling in DC. In ten years time you can imagine how much development they collectively would have brought to DC. Na bado ..DC is just warming up!

And when you see the top rapper in Kenya aspiring to move to Kitengela and do the same then you know your Nairobi core thesis is in trouble Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

https://biggestkaka.co.k...completing-his-mansion/

Quote:
Teddy is almost completing his mansion that he started building from the ground up. Photo credit: Instagram/teddybproducer
entertainment

Teddy B is almost completing his mega mansion
Kokan Okusimba, 1 week ago 2 min read

Teddy B, a revered and respected record producer in the country today is soon going to see his dream come through thanks to his efforts.

The record producer who has worked with almost all the mentionable artistes across the East African region is currently building his mansion and according to what he has shared online, the project is almost over.

Teddy B is soon going to be a mansion owner in Chuna Estate, Kitengela where he is erecting his mansion that is getting built to his specifications.

Teddy B real name Benard Bulimwa has seen received a lot of positive vibes from celebrities and fans after showing the progress of his unfinished mansion.

Among so many others, Khaligraph Jones who is also keen on building his mansion in the coming few months congratulated the celebrated record producer commending him for the big moves.

“Teddy B Producer congratulations bro, Big Moves,” Khaligraph Jones said after seeing the progress of Teddy B’s mansion.

The first time Teddy B shared with the world about building a mansion was back in December 2019 where he shared a micro-second clip showing the progress of his erect mansion that even got the attention of the late gospel musician Papa Dennis.

“Congratulations Big man,” gospel musician, DK Kwenye Beat added.

Is it me or does this house seem too small for DC, I doubt they can fit 3 bedrooms in that unless ni za 8 by 8 zote
amorphous
#571 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:25:35 AM

NewMoney wrote:

Is it me
or does this house seem too small for DC, I doubt they can fit 3 bedrooms in that unless ni za 8 by 8 zote

It is you Drool

It looks big enough to me, about 210 sqm ivi (but we cannot tell for sure unless they showed us all angles). Some houses look small from the outside lakini ukiingia they are massive and vice versa. For example if the architect is not skilled he will use up over 80 sqm (or more) on corridors and staircases peke yake which is a waste.
amorphous
#572 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:28:57 AM

sqft wrote:
The jewel in the crown in all its glory. Kitengela, Isinya and surrounding areas. DC is the future.

Thanks for this!
Stunning views. Mpaka nimeona nyumba yangu jameni Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

#DCRising
amorphous
#573 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 7:29:50 AM

Tanzanian (former) Superstar moves to Jewel in the Crown

https://www.the-star.co....is-now-living-in-kenya/

Wukan, at this rate you will be the last middle class+ Kenyan left on GrogonDrool .

#DCForever
wukan
#574 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:16:02 AM

In Nairobi core we are now heading the New york ciry way. You apply for apartments,have good referees and don't crowd apartments with your relatives. I usually include your CRB report if your credit score is low-forget

amorphous
#575 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:59:37 AM

wukan wrote:
In Nairobi core we are now heading the New york ciry way. You apply for apartments,have good referees and don't crowd apartments with your relatives. I usually include your CRB report if your credit score is low-forget

Laughing out loudly interesting. Anywhoo, when Nairobi core booms, DC benefits even more. We are tied at the hip my bradza. Was glad to see serious works going on down Grogon juzi. Three cheers for Badi.
sqft
#576 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 11:54:07 AM

Better live in DC. Better quality of life. DC looking more and more like Australia.

Australian suburb below. Lots in common between Sydney and "the jewel in the crown". DC slowly looking like an australian suburb. Australians and "DC-ans" love space and privacy, and bungalows.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#577 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:11:44 PM

sqft wrote:
Better live in DC. Better quality of life. DC looking more and more like Australia.

Australian suburb below. Lots in common between Sydney and "the jewel in the crown". DC slowly looking like an australian suburb. Australians and "DC-ans" love space and privacy, and bungalows.

Very nice homes and affordable to boot
amorphous
#578 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2020 7:29:37 AM

wukan,
As I said before, we are connected at the hip. When Nai core booms, Dc booms even harder.
Imagine me parking my car at Kitengela Commuter or Athi River (Kitengela) SGR, getting on a commuter train (or SGR inter county) and landing in CBD shwaaaaaa within miniutes to come inspect the progress with your Grogon. And if I am in a driving mood, I just pay my toll and cruise fweeeeeeeeeh down the gleaming Nairobi Expressway with the wifey and exit at ABC place for Java Coffee. Then cruise back pwaaaaaa to Jewel in the Crown for unmatched farm fresh poolside nyama joma in a serene unrushed countryside type environment. Good times ahead!

Tenders floated for Sh27.9bn Nairobi Railway City project

https://www.the-star.co....0GTE#Echobox=1595451879

amorphous
#579 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2020 8:28:35 AM

Is Kitengela Becoming The New Runda?

His words not mine. Lest I be accused of being the only one touting the glories of #DCRising
amorphous
#580 Posted : Monday, July 27, 2020 6:02:08 AM

Kenyans fleeing pricey Nairobi Core apartments for DC and other suburbs as Corona bites

Quote:
Middle-class downgrade from pricey apartments

At one point, Kenya’s city residents may have probably sung along to ‘The Jeffersons’ theme song ‘Movin on up, to the deluxe apartment up in the sky, having finally gotten a piece of the pie.’

But as Covid-19 eats into incomes, a majority of those who were paying high rents in plush apartments are moving to smaller, cheaper or unfinished homes in the outskirts.

Movers say there has been a shift in the market and Kenyans are no longer relocating to deluxe apartments as before.

Nellions Moving and Relocations company says a recent surge in home relocation in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic has either been a downgrade to cheaper neighbourhoods or homes built out of the city, for retirement.

“There has been an increase in people moving houses compared to last year. More people are moving from apartments to their own standalone homes even when some are still unfinished,” Cosmas Kamuyu, the founder of Nellions Moving and Relocations told BDLife.

Pricey houses are losing tenants who were resorting to smaller houses and own-homes to save on their monthly incomes, the Kenya Bankers Association Housing Price Index noted in the first quarter report of 2020.

“There was a modest 33 percent rise in demand for bungalows even as demand for apartments and maisonettes contracted by 95.9 percent and 57.1 percent respectively. Taken together, these shifts in trends reflect buyer's adjustment as affordability remains a crucial concern in the housing market,” Kenya Bankers Housing Price Index read.

The coronavirus pandemic has hit the homes segment hard, as workers face pay cuts, job losses, and unpaid leave, setting off a chain reaction that will reverberate in the market for a long time to come.

A state survey by the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) shows that seven out of ten Kenyans had difficulty paying rent in May.

About 37 percent of those who defaulted were unable to pay rent while 23 percent paid partially and another 8.5 percent were hopeful of meeting the landlord’s obligations, reflecting the impact of restrictions to curb the global Covid-19 pandemic on workers’ incomes.

In the commercial property, sector realtors are also facing a reckoning, forced to slash prices for up to 50 percent and renegotiate leases downwards as the pandemic ravages real estate.

Ben Woodhams, the managing director of Knight Frank, a real estate agency said hotel industry and retail had taken the biggest hit from limits imposed by governments on movement, stay-at-home orders, and a general decline of purchasing power that has slumped footfall.

“Generally, speaking tenants have been good about paying their rent, landlords have been good about understanding tenants’ situations, and landlords have also been having their situations. While the tenant is talking to his landlord because he suddenly cannot pay rent, the landlord is also talking to his financiers. Everybody is talking to everybody else and negotiating and generally, it has been working well,” Mr Woodhams said.

In the hotel industry he said, there has been severe disruption caused by the closing of the borders and the lack of movement from Nairobi and beyond.

He said shopping centres are witnessing three categories of clients, those that are not affected very much like supermarkets, those that have been affected badly because the footfall has gone down, which is most of them and then those that have been forced to close down by government such as gymnasium, cinema, and casinos.

“What we have been doing, is talking to those in category one, we have been giving rent concessions to those in category two up to 50 percent and those in category three we have been dealing with them on a case to case basis,” Mr Woodhams said.

He said in the office sector Knight Frank has seen some tenants affected more severely than others, but generally, the office market has not been as sensitive to the rent as those in the retail market with fewer office tenants asking for rent concessions.

“We see rental collections across our office portfolio generally better than the retail portfolio,” he said.

Mr Woodhams is optimistic that things will pick up in August once restrictions are loosened and travel picks up with tourists both locally and internationally.

The Knight Frank boss says the industry is also experiencing restructuring of leases especially those that are up for renewal as tenants negotiate for lower rents which will inevitably adjust market prices for a long time to come.

“That is happening, but I wouldn’t say so much with the anchor tenants, a lot of them are on turnover leases anyway. I would expect to see where a tenant has one or two more years to run, that tenant will say to their landlord can we talk, we renew our lease now, we change the rent slightly but we commit to a longer lease. So the landlord wins because his property has slightly more value with a longer lease and the tenant wins because his overheads are reduced, so this is how these negotiations are working,” Mr Woodhams said.

But not all restructuring has been smooth or parting ways has been amicable. The family of late billionaire Nelson Muguku has sued Africa’s biggest supermarket chain, Shoprite Holdings, for Sh520 million in lost rent just months after the retailer closed shop at The Waterfront Karen mall.

“I think the Waterfront is not Covid-19 related, it’s just an oversupply of retail in Karen, led to a lower than expected basket size and turnover for ShopRite. The anchor tenants have been trading very well particularly in March when everyone was panic buying, the shopping centres were trading their stocks off,” Mr Woodhams said.

source:
https://www.businessdail...7l40RUnwIcEq2RG2pDocZUc

When we said it many years ago that there is a "giant whooshing/sucking sound" of the middle class moving to the suburbs, and to DC especially where they can become rent-free homeowners we were laughed at hapa Wazoo. You cannot repeal unimpeachable economics even if you died trying. Who is laughing now? smile