38 Pages«<2223242526>»
Why dustbowl is the future
Angelica _ann
#461 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 9:22:35 AM

amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

All the Nairobi surrounding 'towns' badly need water and sewer infrastructure. Of course non of the Counties are doing anything towards this. When will they ever see the need for this?

Has aging Nairobi itself 120 years old solved its water, sewer and infra problems yet? Did you forget that 60% of Nairobi is a slum? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You CANNOT stop the DC boom hata ukijitupa kwa swimming pool to drown humo humo in protest Laughing out loudly

In the recent past I think they have done sewer for roysambu, ruiru, juja and are currently doing for kasarani, ruaka etc. The northern collector tunnel project will boost the water supply. Huko dustbowl things are also looking very good with the Oloolotikosh Kitengela-Kajiado Water Supply and Sewerage system project funded by the African Development Bank.

http://www.tanathi.go.ke...-and-sanitation-project

True, all good stuff. Was just answering some of the fools above in their own folly because some of them are so THICK they cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, reasoning with them is pointlesssmile . Loving these new developments and looking forward to more. DC is also seeking to take over EPZ water supply which comes from NWSC so that will be an awesome development. WB are also heavily involved in urban improvement in Kitengela. Meanwhile as I have said umpteen times on this thread, an even more economical and environmentally friendly solution is biodigesters + rain water harvesting for each house, which numerous homes in DC have adopted. Waste from biodigesters is H20 and small amounts of methane and the purest water on earth is God's rain. But many will never listen. They want very complex solutions to simple problems because the school books taught them so (lack of practical wisdom). 1 am 99% water secure as we speak and have no need for serikali to saidia on both sewer and water.

This is great smile, what of those who have flats_ it is possible to achieve this. Plus water can be contaminated by septic waste over time.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sqft
#462 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 9:25:45 AM

amorphous wrote:
Meanwhile as I have said umpteen times on this thread, an even more economical and environmentally friendly solution is biodigesters + rain water harvesting for each house, which numerous homes in DC have adopted. Waste from biodigesters is H20 and small amounts of methane and the purest water on earth is God's rain. But many will never listen. They want very complex solutions to simple problems because the school books taught them so (lack of practical wisdom). 1 am 99% water secure as we speak and have no need for serikali to saidia on both sewer and water.

I was looking at statistics for the US and was surprised that in many areas especially suburban residential areas most homes (over half) are NOT connected to sewer lines but instead use septic tanks. Infact the US govt encourages on-site septic tanks to manage domestic waste. Also in countries like Australia, New Zealand septic tanks, rainwater harvesting, and solar power are used widely. So you are right that septic/biodigester, rainwater and solar are the way to go for sustainable living.

https://www.epa.gov/sept...septic-systems-overview

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
amorphous
#463 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 9:36:07 AM

sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Meanwhile as I have said umpteen times on this thread, an even more economical and environmentally friendly solution is biodigesters + rain water harvesting for each house, which numerous homes in DC have adopted. Waste from biodigesters is H20 and small amounts of methane and the purest water on earth is God's rain. But many will never listen. They want very complex solutions to simple problems because the school books taught them so (lack of practical wisdom). 1 am 99% water secure as we speak and have no need for serikali to saidia on both sewer and water.

I was looking at statistics for the US and was surprised that in many areas especially suburban residential areas most homes (over half) are NOT connected to sewer lines but instead use septic tanks. Infact the US govt encourages on-site septic tanks to manage domestic waste. Also in countries like Australia, New Zealand septic tanks, rainwater harvesting, and solar power are used widely. So you are right that septic/biodigester, rainwater and solar are the way to go for sustainable living.

Indeed solar+biogiester+rainwater harvesting is a powerful trifecta. The reason they are not touted so much in the public is because if they are implemented, the utility companies (nwsc,kplc, etc) lose out. Solar is simple and beautiful. It amazes me whenever there is a blackout to watch my lights work nyweee and my phones charge chuuuu for hours and hours bila matatizo yeyote. And for free! Nothing better than that!
Age and family mellows us all over time
Angelica _ann
#464 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 9:52:01 AM

amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Indeed solar+biogiester+rainwater harvesting is a powerful trifecta. The reason they are not touted so much in the public is because if they are implemented, the utility companies (nwsc,kplc, etc) lose out. Solar is simple and beautiful. It amazes me whenever there is a blackout to watch my lights work nyweee and my phones charge chuuuu for hours and hours bila matatizo yeyote. And for free! Nothing better than that!

This is nice and interesting. Let me research on this, I also want to be power independent. The power surge and blackouts in just unbearable in shaggs.

Though water has never been an issue.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sqft
#465 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 9:57:50 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

All the Nairobi surrounding 'towns' badly need water and sewer infrastructure. Of course non of the Counties are doing anything towards this. When will they ever see the need for this?

Has aging Nairobi itself 120 years old solved its water, sewer and infra problems yet? Did you forget that 60% of Nairobi is a slum? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You CANNOT stop the DC boom hata ukijitupa kwa swimming pool to drown humo humo in protest Laughing out loudly

In the recent past I think they have done sewer for roysambu, ruiru, juja and are currently doing for kasarani, ruaka etc. The northern collector tunnel project will boost the water supply. Huko dustbowl things are also looking very good with the Oloolotikosh Kitengela-Kajiado Water Supply and Sewerage system project funded by the African Development Bank.

True, all good stuff. Was just answering some of the fools above in their own folly because some of them are so THICK they cannot walk and chew gum at the same time, reasoning with them is pointlesssmile . Loving these new developments and looking forward to more. DC is also seeking to take over EPZ water supply which comes from NWSC so that will be an awesome development. WB are also heavily involved in urban improvement in Kitengela. Meanwhile as I have said umpteen times on this thread, an even more economical and environmentally friendly solution is biodigesters + rain water harvesting for each house, which numerous homes in DC have adopted. Waste from biodigesters is H20 and small amounts of methane and the purest water on earth is God's rain. But many will never listen. They want very complex solutions to simple problems because the school books taught them so (lack of practical wisdom). 1 am 99% water secure as we speak and have no need for serikali to saidia on both sewer and water.

This is great smile, what of those who have flats_ it is possible to achieve this. Plus water can be contaminated by septic waste over time.

That is why the govt is building a sewer system for flats and businesses within kitengela town center. But for dustbowlers like @amorphous who are living large on their own suburban plots they dont even need that sewer system.

https://www.property24.c...-in-kitengela-106861929

https://www.property24.c...-in-kitengela-108667316

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
Angelica _ann
#466 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 10:51:13 AM

sqft wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

That is why the govt is building a sewer system for flats and businesses within kitengela town center. But for dustbowlers like @amorphous who are living large on their own suburban plots they dont even need that sewer system.

https://www.property24.c...-in-kitengela-106861929

https://www.property24.c...-in-kitengela-108667316

Nice, too elegant for my liking _ solitary!!!! Am an estate person who likes meeting and talking to people on daily basis aka goship.
sqft
#467 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 10:53:12 AM

amorphous wrote:
Investing in Jewel in the Crown DC is a no-brainer, really.

https://www.kenyans.co.k...turned-night-club-video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPGV_IsVQYk

Youthful population. Young entrepreneurs in their 30s and 40s dem run tings in Jewel in the Crown. Walk into any business premises and I guarantee you with 99% certainty the faces of the business owners will be very youthful. Very rare to find any kamuzee over 45 at any of them. Some are comically young... 20-23.
Greenfield projects never seen in Kenya seem to only happen in Jewel in the Crown. The bigger and crazier the idea the better.
Land aplenty, affordable and RIPE for the next big idea.
The FACE OF KENYA lives in Kitengela in no other way even compared to cosmopolitan towns such as Rongai, Ngong and Kiserian. Hata kama you are a Dorobo from Mau Summit, you will feel VERY AT HOME hapa instead of having to watch your back in other satellite zones!
Different vibe and feel out there. Easy yet fast paced, Urban yet countryside feel.
Come one come all or get locked out forever!

Young blood, fresh ideas. Even their houses speak for themselves. Some of the houses look like they are straight outa California.

https://www.property24.c...-in-kitengela-108648366
amorphous
#468 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 1:04:37 PM

sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Youthful population. Young entrepreneurs in their 30s and 40s dem run tings in Jewel in the Crown. Walk into any business premises and I guarantee you with 99% certainty the faces of the business owners will be very youthful. Very rare to find any kamuzee over 45 at any of them. Some are comically young... 20-23.
Greenfield projects never seen in Kenya seem to only happen in Jewel in the Crown. The bigger and crazier the idea the better.
The FACE OF KENYA lives in Kitengela in no other way even compared to cosmopolitan towns such as Rongai, Ngong and Kiserian. Hata kama you are a Dorobo from Mau Summit, you will feel VERY AT HOME hapa instead of having to watch your back in other satellite zones!
Different vibe and feel out there. Easy yet fast paced, Urban yet countryside feel.

Young blood, fresh ideas. Even their houses speak for themselves. Some of the houses look like they are straight outa California.

Lovely homes. I like the subway tiles in the kitchen of this one.
I think the reason why peeps are able to experiment with big ideas in Jewel in the Crown is because many follow this path:

1. Need to own a decent yet affordable home that maintains their standard of living. Clearly that is not happening in ksh 400m an acre Lavington/Kile/Westie/Gigiri etc. Living in a cramped apartment hapo simply isn't cutting it. Nor is buying a 17m apartment that is under 100sqm.
2. Land purchase to build a home to one's own standard. This takes creativity and planning in itself. Land is super affordable in DC. 80%= of DC is ex Nairobi, maybe 5-10% is ex-diaspora so when one visits they are like "haiya! kumbe guys and gals are living large out here." I remember the first time I pigad raos in DC (around 2010). I was BLOWN AWAY by what I saw. Most people have this image of a dusty place with scary looking buildings.I had the same impression too at first. When I visited the 'burbs I was shocked at how people are living. 300+sqm homes with all sorts of crazy amenities that would have cost tens of millions more had they been built in Lavington or Runda. At the building stage you realise you can go larger and crazier for cheaper, the only limit is your pocket and imagination.
3.Building completion Taxing stage and baptism by fire. Once you emerge from this stage, the world is one's oyster. Resources have been consumed big time, but you are better for it in terms of both experience and economic stability.
4.Rent-free happy days At this stage after you have moved in, the rent savings you used to spend at that leafy burb in Nairobi starts to pile up fast! No time for honeymoons, you have to find a use for it, alongside other savings and sources of income. You buy more plots, you build another house or two for sale or rentals and it all goes haywire from there.
5. Dream chasing Suddenly you realise, hey, with all these ex-Nairobi middle class people here, there is no decent kinyozi/gym/spa/club/hotel with pool/cybercafe/pastry company/juice bar/laundry/auto shop/outdorr exercise park/wedding venue/videography company/equipment supplier/marble installer/fountain builder/"insert your own weird business idea here"..the list is literally endless. The land is plenty, totally greenfield, and so you start to chase your dream
6. Explosion At this stage if you have planned and budgeted well and persisted, you will most likely be sitting pretty on some thick cashflows which will need further deployment. Hence the pursuit of even crazier dreams like importing used airplanes from KQ and turning them into clubs on idle plots you own.

NIMESEMA!

NewMoney
#469 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 1:45:19 PM

amorphous wrote:
sqft wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Lovely homes. I like the subway tiles in the kitchen of this one.
I think the reason why peeps are able to experiment with big ideas in Jewel in the Crown is because many follow this path:

1. Need to own a decent yet affordable home that maintains their standard of living. Clearly that is not happening in ksh 400m an acre Lavington/Kile/Westie/Gigiri etc. Living in a cramped apartment hapo simply isn't cutting it. Nor is buying a 17m apartment that is under 100sqm.
2. Land purchase to build a home to one's own standard. This takes creativity and planning in itself. Land is super affordable in DC. 80%= of DC is ex Nairobi, maybe 5-10% is ex-diaspora so when one visits they are like "haiya! kumbe guys and gals are living large out here." I remember the first time I pigad raos in DC (around 2010). I was BLOWN AWAY by what I saw. Most people have this image of a dusty place with scary looking buildings.I had the same impression too at first. When I visited the 'burbs I was shocked at how people are living. 300+sqm homes with all sorts of crazy amenities that would have cost tens of millions more had they been built in Lavington or Runda. At the building stage you realise you can go larger and crazier for cheaper, the only limit is your pocket and imagination.
3.Building completion Taxing stage and baptism by fire. Once you emerge from this stage, the world is one's oyster. Resources have been consumed big time, but you are better for it in terms of both experience and economic stability.
4.Rent-free happy days At this stage after you have moved in, the rent savings you used to spend at that leafy burb in Nairobi starts to pile up fast! No time for honeymoons, you have to find a use for it, alongside other savings and sources of income. You buy more plots, you build another house or two for sale or rentals and it all goes haywire from there.
5. Dream chasing Suddenly you realise, hey, with all these ex-Nairobi middle class people here, there is no decent kinyozi/gym/spa/club/hotel with pool/cybercafe/pastry company/juice bar/laundry/auto shop/outdorr exercise park/wedding venue/videography company/equipment supplier/marble installer/fountain builder/"insert your own weird business idea here"..the list is literally endless. The land is plenty, totally greenfield, and so you start to chase your dream
6. Explosion At this stage if you have planned and budgeted well and persisted, you will most likely be sitting pretty on some thick cashflows which will need further deployment. Hence the pursuit of even crazier dreams like importing used airplanes from KQ and turning them into clubs on idle plots you own.

NIMESEMA!

I agree it's very tempting, Mugundaman
amorphous
#470 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2020 5:14:52 PM

Join us! @ New Money.

Was SHOCKED the other day zulularing in Jewel in the Crown when I saw this HUGE HUGE HUGGGE amusement park that has just popped up overnight!

https://web.facebook.com...ENGELA/?_rdc=1&_rdr

One of its amenities...one of the hugest pools in Kenya that will be heated! Such things do not surprise me any more...ONLY IN DC
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
amorphous
#471 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2020 11:25:51 PM

DC burbs are beginning to look like Runda, jameni This one is for sale for 19 metre. Let me find more of the pics of the house.

amorphous
#472 Posted : Tuesday, June 09, 2020 11:31:14 PM

Not bad at all
NewMoney
#473 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 2:45:56 AM

amorphous wrote:

Not bad at all

Can you share the seller details on website, would not mind viewing this. DC is tricky for my age coz I can't imagine nikitoka club westy 3am and I still have to drive all the way to DC, that is like tempting death, but in my 40s or 50s bring it on...

But yeah would totally pick one up if the deal was very good
amorphous
#474 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2020 8:42:24 AM

NewMoney wrote:

Can you share the seller details on website, would not mind viewing this. DC is tricky for my age coz I can't imagine nikitoka club westy 3am and I still have to drive all the way to DC, that is like tempting death, but in my 40s or 50s bring it on...

But yeah would totally pick one up if the deal was very good

Vector Afriq +254 702 22 55 42 / +254 702 22 55 41
They have plenty of affordable yet high quality properties in DC, Jewel in the Crown especially.

he he he he he @ your driving worry. I used to think like you...that the universe revolved around the leafy burbs of Nai. Join us in DC and you will be kicking yourself on the foot asking why you did not leave Nairobi core sooner! Entertainment joints (for those who are into this) galore full of the same same type of grim Nairobian faces you currently bump into in Westy. Isitoshe you get a HIGHER standard of living in TRIPLE the space for half (or less) the price. An example. I used to take some of my laundry to WhiteRose Lavi where they would charge an arm and a leg. The waits were crazy because there were so many customers doing the same. In Jewel in the Crown the WhiteRose here charges HALF of what they charge and you will find you are the only person there so attention to you and your needs is incredible. The same for vinyozi. I used to think that Nairobi leafy burbs had nice Kinyozis until I encountered BILLIONAIRES BARBER SHOP in DC Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. Explore it online for yourself. No comparison whatsoever to any I have been in huko Nai core.

DC forever!
wukan
#475 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 8:48:35 AM

amorphous wrote:

They have plenty of affordable yet high quality properties in DC, Jewel in the Crown especially.

he he he he he @ your driving worry. I used to think like you...that the universe revolved around the leafy burbs of Nai. Join us in DC and you will be kicking yourself on the foot asking why you did not leave Nairobi core sooner! Entertainment joints (for those who are into this) galore full of the same same type of grim Nairobian faces you currently bump into in Westy. Isitoshe you get a HIGHER standard of living in TRIPLE the space for half (or less) the price. An example. I used to take some of my laundry to WhiteRose Lavi where they would charge an arm and a leg. The waits were crazy because there were so many customers doing the same. In Jewel in the Crown the WhiteRose here charges HALF of what they charge and you will find you are the only person there so attention to you and your needs is incredible. The same for vinyozi. I used to think that Nairobi leafy burbs had nice Kinyozis until I encountered BILLIONAIRES BARBER SHOP in DC Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly. Explore it online for yourself. No comparison whatsoever to any I have been in huko Nai core.

DC forever!

Nai core is about to enter its golden age. Our brother Uhuru has finally got into the program after the UN dudes told him his capital looks like a 3rd rate provincial town. Those wazee that used to love "kikuyu gothic" architectural style are now heading your way to DC to turn it to Embakasi as someone told you earlier. Slowly they are being edged out of the Nai core by more urbane, more traveled younger folks. The noisy entertainment joints and karumaido bars are relocating huko DC, utawala and eastern bypass.

The fact that you found yourself the only person at whiterose shows you are in the minority huko DC. Huku Nai core they now collect and deliver back the laundry. Nai core people are not moving out anytime soon. You will soon be coming back to Nai core. DC has no funk

sqft
#476 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 9:46:43 AM

wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:

DC forever!

Nai core is about to enter its golden age. Our brother Uhuru has finally got into the program after the UN dudes told him his capital looks like a 3rd rate provincial town. Those wazee that used to love "kikuyu gothic" architectural style are now heading your way to DC to turn it to Embakasi as someone told you earlier. Slowly they are being edged out of the Nai core by more urbane, more traveled younger folks. The noisy entertainment joints and karumaido bars are relocating huko DC, utawala and eastern bypass.

The fact that you found yourself the only person at whiterose shows you are in the minority huko DC. Huku Nai core they now collect and deliver back the laundry. Nai core people are not moving out anytime soon. You will soon be coming back to Nai core. DC has no funk

Have you ever been to dustbowl? The urbane are moving to dustbowl where the lifestyle is unmatched. For instance there is nothing more relaxing than taking a swim or enjoying your whisky at the poolside at Creflo Gardens Kitengela on a lazy sunday afternoon. Or at the nieghouring joints. FYI there are NO karumaindos in dustbowl. Karumaindo type bars ended with the 1960s tumzees. We are in 2020. Wewe kaa huko kirinyaga road with your chokoras and garbage.

amorphous
#477 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 10:36:33 AM

sqft wrote:
wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:

DC forever!

Have you ever been to dustbowl? The urbane are moving to dustbowl where the lifestyle is unmatched. For instance there is nothing more relaxing than taking a swim or enjoying your whisky at the poolside at Creflo Gardens Kitengela on a lazy sunday afternoon. Or at the nieghouring joints. FYI there are NO karumaindos in dustbowl. Karumaindo type bars ended with the 1960s tumzees. We are in 2020. Wewe kaa huko kirinyaga road with your chokoras and garbage.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Wukan loves dirt and grime and funk (dictionary definition - bad smell) Laughing out loudly
amorphous
#478 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 10:39:06 AM

wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:

DC forever!

Wukan,
This sounds good on paper, but the evidence belies this.
DC population TRIPLED to become the 9th or 10th largest city in Kenya in the 10 years since the last census. Where do you think all those extra people came from?
smile
sqft
#479 Posted : Thursday, June 11, 2020 10:45:34 AM

Halcyon Lounge, Kitengela. @wukan, dustbowl hakuna karumaindo.

Angelica _ann
#480 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:47:18 PM

Am not a fan of DC but hii ni upusi huku Nairobi. People need to have a life not being herded together with poor amenities and infrastructure.

https://www.businessdail...581004-n64kek/index.html