wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<1920212223>»
Why dustbowl is the future
MugundaMan
#401 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:02:51 AM

maka wrote:
Jana on my way to Kiserian I used the Karen - Ngong - Matasia route... Seems like the road is being dualled after Ngong going to Kiserian...

Good stuff! Applause
Gathige
#402 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:28:38 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
maka wrote:
Jana on my way to Kiserian I used the Karen - Ngong - Matasia route... Seems like the road is being dualled after Ngong going to Kiserian...

Good stuff! Applause

Yes, Chinaman undoing the mess that the "King of road contractor Cowboys" now senator, had done on that road. Its part of the improvements on the Isinya-Kiserian-Ngong roads.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
MugundaMan
#403 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 3:43:11 PM

STRICTLY for Dustbowlites in or passing through Jewel in the Crown (Kitengela)

Artcaffe: My review

Decor - Outstanding. I think this is the largest Artcaffe in Kenya. Very roomy inside. The decor is more posh than Artcaffe Junction , Artcaffe Lavinton Mall, Yaya and Westgate IMHO.

Clientele: All I saw was DC creme de la creme. Wazito wazees, a few young DC'rs trying to impress their dates for lunch, and (FRM will be surprised) three muthungus who were not together. It is yet to pick up since it opened just juzi but the crowd was decent enough for them to be able to break even. I love too that they have delivery through Glovo to anywhere in Kite!

Service: Outstanding to the point of becoming irritating. They keep checking to see if eveyrthing is ok.

WI-fi: Smooth and strong and swift. Password Breadorder - capital B. Thank me later

Seating: Both outdoor and Indoor. Pick outdoor, trust me, you will appreciate the reason I say this once you do so.

All in all I give it a 9.5/10. Well worth a visit if you are in the DC area

Shalom

#DustBowlCounty #TheFuture
Chaka
#404 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 4:45:00 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
STRICTLY for Dustbowlites in or passing through Jewel in the Crown (Kitengela)

Artcaffe: My review

Decor - Outstanding. I think this is the largest Artcaffe in Kenya. Very roomy inside. The decor is more posh than Artcaffe Junction , Artcaffe Lavinton Mall, Yaya and Westgate IMHO.

Clientele: All I saw was DC creme de la creme. Wazito wazees, a few young DC'rs trying to impress their dates for lunch, and (FRM will be surprised) three muthungus who were not together. It is yet to pick up since it opened just juzi but the crowd was decent enough for them to be able to break even. I love too that they have delivery through Glovo to anywhere in Kite!

Service: Outstanding to the point of becoming irritating. They keep checking to see if eveyrthing is ok.

WI-fi: Smooth and strong and swift. Password Breadorder - capital B. Thank me later

Seating: Both outdoor and Indoor. Pick outdoor, trust me, you will appreciate the reason I say this once you do so.

All in all I give it a 9.5/10. Well worth a visit if you are in the DC area

Shalom

#DustBowlCounty #TheFuture

Price (Value for money)missing...
Also talk about parking space/availability.
MugundaMan
#405 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2019 4:59:56 PM

Price of course ni juu zaidi. They are about 40-50 percent more expensive than Java.

Kitengela Mall basement parking (2 levels) is massive sana. Huwezi kosa kabisa. And the price is the best part...F-R-E-E Dancing
MugundaMan
#406 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 12:08:24 PM

Unusual DC weather this time of year. But trust me Im not complaining Dancing
hardwood
#407 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 12:36:33 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

Unusual DC weather this time of year. But trust me Im not complaining Dancing

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly You and DC are like @obiero and KQ.
MugundaMan
#408 Posted : Thursday, September 05, 2019 2:51:03 PM

Yep, but the difference is Obiero's KQ is a TURBO-NYANI while my DC is the #FUTUREsmile
whiteowl
#409 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 8:41:46 AM

@mugundaman and all the DC residents.Do you have any information on this sewer project? Whether its happening, timeline and exact areas it covers. Im particularly interested to if it will touch areas around Namanga road. I'm asking coz I have some investments there.this
MugundaMan
#410 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 8:59:48 AM

whiteowl wrote:
@mugundaman and all the DC residents.Do you have any information on this sewer project? Whether its happening, timeline and exact areas it covers. Im particularly interested to if it will touch areas around Namanga road. I'm asking coz I have some investments there.this

https://nairobinews.nati...d-together-by-duct-tape

No idea. This ka-line is for those near EPZ area of Kitengela/Athi River I would assume.
For me, the funny thing is why we as Kenyans always resort to stone age technologies that many other nations are moving from. Could it be we lack imagination, inspiration and creativity? Or we are just too lazy to pick up a few books and do a google search in order to find out what solutions work best and are environmentally safe for all.
I have said it umpteen times here before. The future of waste disposal and having clean, fluoride and contaminant free water is very simple

1. Biodigesters - the most environmentally safe way to dispose organic human waste on the planet. Byproduct; recyclable H20 and harmless quantities of gas
2. Rainwater harvesting from clay roofs
3. Building adequate underground water storage to harvest said water, plus additional storage on grade if necessary (depending on family size)
4. Go 100% solar with KPLC being "back up" tu

But people never listen. They would rather spend millions of shillings building antiquated lines that will leak and contaminate groundwater evern more, massive sewer plants that require hundreds of millions of shillings, drill boreholes full of contaminated salty/fluoride infested water (and sewerage contaminants) or get Kanjo water that sometimes comes out black as night in Lavington let alone the rest of the city and suburbs.

If people do not want to learn, can you blame them?

They will be the same ones mourning over cancer for three weeks wondering what happened when someone famous dies of it.

Isatragedy!
whiteowl
#411 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:10:25 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

https://nairobinews.nati...d-together-by-duct-tape

No idea. This ka-line is for those near EPZ area of Kitengela/Athi River I would assume.
For me, the funny thing is why we as Kenyans always resort to stone age technologies that many other nations are moving from. Could it be we lack imagination, inspiration and creativity? Or we are just too lazy to pick up a few books and do a google search in order to find out what solutions work best and are environmentally safe for all.
I have said it umpteen times here before. The future of waste disposal and having clean, fluoride and contaminant free water is very simple

1. Biodigesters - the most environmentally safe way to dispose organic human waste on the planet. Byproduct; recyclable H20 and harmless quantities of gas
2. Rainwater harvesting from clay roofs
3. Building adequate underground water storage to harvest said water, plus additional storage on grade if necessary (depending on family size)
4. Go 100% solar with KPLC being "back up" tu

But people never listen. They would rather spend millions of shillings building antiquated lines that will leak and contaminate groundwater evern more, massive sewer plants that require hundreds of millions of shillings, drill boreholes full of contaminated salty/fluoride infested water (and sewerage contaminants) or get Kanjo water that sometimes comes out black as night in Lavington let alone the rest of the city and suburbs.

If people do not want to learn, can you blame them?

They will be the same ones mourning over cancer for three weeks wondering what happened when someone famous dies of it.

Isatragedy!

For commercial units with a biodigester you end up with excess recycled water which you still need to dispose.Nema license to dispose the recycled water costs 80k per year.For a standalone residential house this isn't a problem coz the water consumption is low.
MugundaMan
#412 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 9:45:25 AM

whiteowl wrote:

For commercial units with a biodigester you end up with excess recycled water which you still need to dispose.Nema license to dispose the recycled water costs 80k per year.For a standalone residential house this isn't a problem coz the water consumption is low.

This respectfully, is not true.
For commercial flats, if a tiny 2sqm unit can serve 100 users beautifully
and a 4sqm unit can serve 400 users efficiently
water disposal is of little to no concern if the soakaways are competently built, EVEN in black cotton soil areas. The water gets disposed into the soakaways easily without any pooling issues.It can even be recycled for trees, lawns and shrubs with no harmful health effects!
Biodigesters that are properly built exceed all NEMA discharge standards and the daily approvals NEMA gives to large projects that use them is clear evidence of this.
If you ever paid 80k to a NEMA official for a biodigester "license" to do anything then chances are you are being extorted or conned by said officials IMHO.

whiteowl
#413 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 10:28:11 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

water disposal is of little to no concern if the soakaways are competently built, EVEN in black cotton soil areas. The water gets disposed into the soakaways easily without any pooling issues.It can even be recycled for trees, lawns and shrubs with no harmful health effects!
Biodigesters that are properly built exceed all NEMA discharge standards and the daily approvals NEMA gives to large projects that use them is clear evidence of this.
If you ever paid 80k to a NEMA official for a biodigester "license" to do anything then chances are you are being extorted or conned by said officials IMHO.

Its called affluent discharge license. I have never paid for it but I'd need to if I go the biodigester route.
MugundaMan
#414 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 11:02:15 AM

whiteowl wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
whiteowl wrote:

Its called affluent discharge license. I have never paid for it but I'd need to if I go the biodigester route.

You are mixing issues, my broda. A slaughterhouse would need an EDL, A large hotel processing raw sewerage in a SEPTIC TANK and releasing the excess water into the environment would need a n EDL. A manufacturing facility producing toxic substances in their wastewater would need an EDL. An apartment owner with 50 tenants with a properly built biodigester is not in the same category. Confirm with NEMA regulations and annual licensing requirements for EDLs according to the law. Usidanganywe!
hardwood
#415 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 11:08:37 AM

@shambaman can you put a pikcha or sketch of a biodegester I see? How does it differ from a septic tank?
MugundaMan
#416 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 11:18:14 AM

hardwood wrote:
@shambaman can you put a pikcha or sketch of a biodegester I see? How does it differ from a septic tank?

Biodigester examples:
https://www.google.com/s...mp;biw=1213&bih=610

Septic tanks:

MugundaMan
#417 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 11:23:44 AM

Difference?
Traditional septic - You will have to pay for an exhauster whenever your septic is full. It can stink up your property big time. Huge tank needed compared to biodigester.
Biodigester - No paying for anything for the rest of your life. Perhaps only introducing more of the microorganisms into the biodigester every 5 years or so. Only waste is clean H20 and small amounts of methane. It does not stink. Very tiny compared to full septic tank.
hardwood
#418 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 1:54:21 PM

Isn't there a risk of the effluent from the biodigester contaminating water in an underground tank? Note that its difficult to make an undergound water tank 100% leak proof.
MugundaMan
#419 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 1:58:20 PM

hardwood wrote:
Isn't there a risk of the effluent from the biodigester contaminating water in an underground tank? Note that its difficult to make an undergound water tank 100% leak proof.

Hardly a chance. The water coming out of the biodigester is hardly harmful to begin with but of course for an added measure of safety you would not build them side by side.
hardwood
#420 Posted : Friday, September 13, 2019 2:34:31 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Hardly a chance. The water coming out of the biodigester is hardly harmful to begin with but of course for an added measure of safety you would not build them side by side.

What about E. coli and other pathogens?.