wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

38 Pages«<1718192021>»
Why dustbowl is the future
maureenowaters
#361 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:01:59 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
A ride around Ngong town; shows Kibiku, areas closer to Ngong CBD eg Zambia, Kerarapon Ngong and more. Kitengela may be the dustbowl jewel in the crown but what I love about Ngong is that it is greener and more scenic with its hills. Did you know that Ngong is the only really hilly area close to Nairobi? That should make it the Hollywood Hills of Nairobi if we do not mess things up with poor planning. As I have said many times before Ngong is punching way below its weight as a town. With a few tweaks even Kite cannot come close. I also love that Ngong still has very many vacant plots ripe for development compared to Kitengela core, and it is more of a residential town although that is changing fast as businesses move in to cater to the swelling middle classes. I also love that Ngong is closer and easier to access than Kitengela. Once Ngong road expansion is done, Ngong will be a less than 15 minute drive away from CBD!

Enjoy..

Beautiful video and it's a really green city. But one thing I follow on this video is population. I don't see any crowd in any place.
nairobby
#362 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:02:27 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Nairobby,
Haghuna ghitu umesema hapa ya maana kapsa kapsa beyond your own delusions.
SHOW US YOUR RESEARCH and CREDIBLE FIGURES from either articles, credible real estate companies, KNBS etc etc or just sit down and keep quiet.

Crumbling peni mbili homespun porojo you lie to your slay queens with wont help you braddah. Ati my homecounty has........ Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly where is your homecounty and where are the credible sources outside your own mind to back said data up? Otherwise just go buy some kanda bongoman pants and take a video of yourself doing the vosho dance and post hapa. It would be more entertaining (and useful) to us than your subjective garbage posted above. Arent you the same comedian who kept insisting with voice ya daboo hapa wazoo ati Tuala has an SGR passenger station? Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Shalom

Beautiful Nyeri, with never ending clean water from NYEWASCO. Come visit :)

There are more exciting counties to invest in other than DC is what I am saying.

Happy buying na huko dustbowl. Enjoy 3% returns kama fixed deposit Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I wish I wasn't so wrong about Tuala station, I bought cheaply anyway so I will hold on to my plots for now.
MugundaMan
#363 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:15:11 PM

nairobby wrote:

Beautiful Nyeri, with never ending clean water from NYEWASCO. Come visit :)

There are more exciting counties to invest in other than DC is what I am saying.

Happy buying na huko dustbowl. Enjoy 3% returns kama fixed deposit Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Quote:

I wish I wasn't so wrong about Tuala station, I bought cheaply anyway so I will hold on to my plots for now.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
MugundaMan
#364 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:44:16 AM

How DC companies dance when they win Dancing

Land Agent of the Year Kenya Mzima
Best Value Added Land Selling Company Kenya Mzima

99 percent of its properties are where else but Dustbowl is the Future
Dancing
This should tell you something. And if it doesn;t shauri ni yako na yako tu for not putting two and two together!

You can live in denial all you want but all roads lead to DC for serious investors who are looking far into the future and positioning themselves for the superboom to come.

MugundaMan
#365 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:50:06 AM

maureenowaters wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
A ride around Ngong town; shows Kibiku, areas closer to Ngong CBD eg Zambia, Kerarapon Ngong and more. Kitengela may be the dustbowl jewel in the crown but what I love about Ngong is that it is greener and more scenic with its hills. Did you know that Ngong is the only really hilly area close to Nairobi? That should make it the Hollywood Hills of Nairobi if we do not mess things up with poor planning. As I have said many times before Ngong is punching way below its weight as a town. With a few tweaks even Kite cannot come close. I also love that Ngong still has very many vacant plots ripe for development compared to Kitengela core, and it is more of a residential town although that is changing fast as businesses move in to cater to the swelling middle classes. I also love that Ngong is closer and easier to access than Kitengela. Once Ngong road expansion is done, Ngong will be a less than 15 minute drive away from CBD!

Enjoy..

Beautiful video and it's a really green city. But one thing I follow on this video is population. I don't see any crowd in any place.

You are saying that like its a bad thing Drool
That;s the beauty of moving to the middle class suburbs of DC. Peace and quiet and serenity and high quality of living. Raising kids in such an environment is a blessing. Compare with living in a cramped apartment in Valley arcade with neighbours screaming, the gate banging every time a car comes in, watois wailing throughout, traffic noise at all hours of the night, no green spaces, no peace. That's why a lot of people are getting cancer and acting crazy. Quality of life in apartment living is close to zero.
MugundaMan
#366 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:38:53 AM

Artcaffe opens in Kitengela

7am to MIDNIGHT Applause Applause Applause

#DustBowlCountyIsTheFuture
MugundaMan
#367 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:58:20 AM

And on a lighter note, please take the True Dustbowlite test.
You know you are a true dustbowlite when you have all these things in your house.
Please tell us why these items are critical in DC homes
A true dustbowlite will get at least a 60% passmark Laughing out loudly

1. Gallons and gallons of Bleach
2. Doormats kila mahali
3. A decent fireplace
4. Water tanks twice the size of anywhere else South of the Sahara and North of the Limpopo
5. Vinegar by the litre
6. Steel wool
7. Windows and doors that shut properly with zero gaps or spaces whatsoever
8. Both a solar water heater and an instant water heater
9. A big stick or pole
10. An excellent camera

Bonus question:

11. Gumboots

Marking Scale:
0-60% - F Kali yaani kulamba sakafu yaani feli yaani kuflopu
60%-70% - Congratulations, you are a true DC member
70-80% - DC Mzito. Experienced and well settled in
90%- 100% Congrats. You are a Dume or DUMELETTE of DC worthy of full DC military honours.
Chaka
#368 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:02:50 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
You know you are a true dustbowlite when you have all these things in your house.

2. Doormats kila mahali
3. A decent fireplace
4. Water tanks twice the size of anywhere else South of the Sahara and North of the Limpopo
5. Vinegar by the litre
6. Steel wool
9. A big stick or pole
10. An excellent camera

Bonus question:

11. Gumboots

Marking Scale:
90%- 100% Congrats. You are a Dume or DUMELETTE of DC worthy of full DC military honours.

Dairy cow,dog,babercue,chicken coop missing..
MugundaMan
#369 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:28:25 PM

Chaka wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

2. Doormats kila mahali
3. A decent fireplace
5. Vinegar by the litre
6. Steel wool
9. A big stick or pole
10. An excellent camera

Bonus question:

11. Gumboots

Marking Scale:

Dairy cow,dog,babercue,chicken coop missing..

Good on you bro!
You are a DC veteran Applause

MugundaMan
#370 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 5:41:47 AM

This is a no-brainer, really. As I said, those who want to argue for arguments sake can waste their time doing so but the FACTS on the ground do not lie and unless your opinions are aligned with the facts, arguing against them is like talking to the wind Laughing out loudly

How new roads are likely to end allure of Nairobi

Quote:
The building of ring roads around Nairobi, popularly known as bypasses, is seen as the silver bullet to end traffic jams.

From Hospital Hill to James Gichuru or Mombasa Road to Kikuyu, City Cabanas to Ruaka, these are supposed to unclog the Central Business District (CBD).

This is in the short run. In the long run, these highways will change the city in unexpected ways.

One is that Nairobi will look more like American cities.

In the US, the inner cities are inhabited by the poor.

This will happen in Nairobi for a simple reason; the rich and affluent will not want to live in apartments no matter where they are located. Applause Applause Applause

They will free the city even from places like Westlands or Lavington which now have a high density of apartments.

They are worthy competitors to Githurai. With good roads, they can live far away with more space and fresh air.

The faraway areas like Thika, Limuru, Kitengela, Kinangop (yes), Machakos, Kajiado and adjoining areas have more land and better quality of life from less pollution to few legacy buildings or even colonial era regulations.

Nairobi CBD can’t be altered much, but new cities and residencies can be better designed. Sadly the new outlying areas are unplanned.

Once in outlying areas, services follow like schools, hospitals, eateries but rarely golf courses or playgrounds.

Why is there no golf course along the Athi River Namanga corridor? The other big attraction to these areas is less hustle, no traffic jams. That suits retirees’ very well.

The new road works will disperse the city to the four winds. When I lived in Frankfort, Kentucky, my colleagues lived 110 kilometres away in Louisville.

That would be beyond Naivasha by Kenyan standards. The superhighway made it appear so near and I never heard anyone complain of distance.

The first losers in this shift from the city will be real estate developers who will see their investment depreciate. It will no longer be cool to live near the city.

Affluent areas

Westlands, Hurlingham, Lavington, and adjoining areas will be more like Pangani with high rise apartments.

The change in zoning will accelerate the “slumlisation” of once affluent areas.

A few places like Muthaiga could hold for some time because of the power wielded by its residents.

The big question is if the leafy suburbs can hold against the capitalist’s opulent hands. Remember how they have dismantled the once expansive coffee estates in Kiambu where my dad could not get land in 1927.

Profitable apartments will not be forever. The real estate developers will make lots of money based on the legacy of Nairobi’s leafy suburbs.

After that, reality will set in as they become home to lower income groups just like in America.

Will power follow the highways away from the city?

Could the State House one day be shifted to say around Ngong where the occupant would have a scenic view of both Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya?

Counties can accelerate this shift by making themselves friendlier to the moneyed.

Noted how Mombasa attracts retirees and their dollars? Why not Kisumu and other weather friendly towns?

We could add that SGR could complement the roads in dispersing the century-old city. What is paradoxical is that devolution failed to disperse the city.

In fact, it made the city more attractive because the new pseudo elites in the counties buoyed by devolved funds prefer to spend their money in the city.

The centrality of Nairobi is not just geographical; it’s cultural and economic too. The city is like a wheel and spoke. Will the market succeed where politics has failed?

History has no manners and our prediction could go wrong. Some observers think we often discount the importance of the international community in Nairobi.

With UNEP headquarters and other international bodies, the dispersion of Nairobi could take an interesting twist.

It could make it a more international city.

Kenyan culture

Will the market out price the locals out of the city and keep the new apartments cool? We can also be bold. Could someone one day shift the capital to another town as happened in Brazil or Nigeria?

The undeniable fact is that Nairobi is the heartbeat of the Kenyan culture, economy, and politics. It’s going through a major social economic transformation.

Who will be the losers and gainers? How will the city look like by 2099 when it will be 200 years old?

-The writer teaches at the University of Nairobi.

source:

https://www.standardmedi...to-end-allure-of-nairobi
Impunity
#371 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 6:49:21 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Artcaffe opens in Kitengela

7am to MIDNIGHT Applause Applause Applause

#DustBowlCountyIsTheFuture

Are they selling kwosant there?
smile
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

sparkly
#372 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:18:23 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
How DC companies dance when they win Dancing

Land Agent of the Year Kenya Mzima
Best Value Added Land Selling Company Kenya Mzima

99 percent of its properties are where else but Dustbowl is the Future
Dancing
This should tell you something. And if it doesn;t shauri ni yako na yako tu for not putting two and two together!

You can live in denial all you want but all roads lead to DC for serious investors who are looking far into the future and positioning themselves for the superboom to come.

@mugundaman being optiven revisited

http://wazua.co.ke/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=36848
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#373 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 7:22:07 AM

Impunity wrote:

smile

of course smile
Artcaffe is Artcaffe wherever it is.
All the way down to the crazy high prices for even the most minor snacks!
Chaka
#374 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 11:28:39 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
Impunity wrote:

smile

of course smile

How much is a "sambusa" and a cup of espresso?
Forester
#375 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:35:33 PM

@MungundaMan,

I need some info on dustbowl urgently. Please share your email ID. Thanks.
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
MugundaMan
#376 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 12:59:04 PM

Chaka wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Impunity wrote:

smile

of course smile

How much is a "sambusa" and a cup of espresso?

http://www.artcaffe.co.k.../Food-Menu-A-02.07-.pdf
Full menu
MugundaMan
#377 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 1:00:39 PM

Forester wrote:
@MungundaMan,

I need some info on dustbowl urgently. Please share your email ID. Thanks.

Mugundaman@gmail.com

24/7/365 days a year
wukan
#378 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 1:38:10 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
This is a no-brainer, really. As I said, those who want to argue for arguments sake can waste their time doing so but the FACTS on the ground do not lie and unless your opinions are aligned with the facts, arguing against them is like talking to the wind Laughing out loudly

How new roads are likely to end allure of Nairobi

Quote:
The building of ring roads around Nairobi, popularly known as bypasses, is seen as the silver bullet to end traffic jams.

From Hospital Hill to James Gichuru or Mombasa Road to Kikuyu, City Cabanas to Ruaka, these are supposed to unclog the Central Business District (CBD).

This is in the short run. In the long run, these highways will change the city in unexpected ways.

One is that Nairobi will look more like American cities.

In the US, the inner cities are inhabited by the poor.

This will happen in Nairobi for a simple reason; the rich and affluent will not want to live in apartments no matter where they are located. Applause Applause Applause

They will free the city even from places like Westlands or Lavington which now have a high density of apartments.

They are worthy competitors to Githurai. With good roads, they can live far away with more space and fresh air.

The faraway areas like Thika, Limuru, Kitengela, Kinangop (yes), Machakos, Kajiado and adjoining areas have more land and better quality of life from less pollution to few legacy buildings or even colonial era regulations.

Nairobi CBD can’t be altered much, but new cities and residencies can be better designed. Sadly the new outlying areas are unplanned.

Once in outlying areas, services follow like schools, hospitals, eateries but rarely golf courses or playgrounds.

Why is there no golf course along the Athi River Namanga corridor? The other big attraction to these areas is less hustle, no traffic jams. That suits retirees’ very well.

The new road works will disperse the city to the four winds. When I lived in Frankfort, Kentucky, my colleagues lived 110 kilometres away in Louisville.

That would be beyond Naivasha by Kenyan standards. The superhighway made it appear so near and I never heard anyone complain of distance.

The first losers in this shift from the city will be real estate developers who will see their investment depreciate. It will no longer be cool to live near the city.

Affluent areas

Westlands, Hurlingham, Lavington, and adjoining areas will be more like Pangani with high rise apartments.

The change in zoning will accelerate the “slumlisation” of once affluent areas.

A few places like Muthaiga could hold for some time because of the power wielded by its residents.

The big question is if the leafy suburbs can hold against the capitalist’s opulent hands. Remember how they have dismantled the once expansive coffee estates in Kiambu where my dad could not get land in 1927.

Profitable apartments will not be forever. The real estate developers will make lots of money based on the legacy of Nairobi’s leafy suburbs.

After that, reality will set in as they become home to lower income groups just like in America.

Will power follow the highways away from the city?

Could the State House one day be shifted to say around Ngong where the occupant would have a scenic view of both Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya?

Counties can accelerate this shift by making themselves friendlier to the moneyed.

Noted how Mombasa attracts retirees and their dollars? Why not Kisumu and other weather friendly towns?

We could add that SGR could complement the roads in dispersing the century-old city. What is paradoxical is that devolution failed to disperse the city.

In fact, it made the city more attractive because the new pseudo elites in the counties buoyed by devolved funds prefer to spend their money in the city.

The centrality of Nairobi is not just geographical; it’s cultural and economic too. The city is like a wheel and spoke. Will the market succeed where politics has failed?

History has no manners and our prediction could go wrong. Some observers think we often discount the importance of the international community in Nairobi.

With UNEP headquarters and other international bodies, the dispersion of Nairobi could take an interesting twist.

It could make it a more international city.

Kenyan culture

Will the market out price the locals out of the city and keep the new apartments cool? We can also be bold. Could someone one day shift the capital to another town as happened in Brazil or Nigeria?

The undeniable fact is that Nairobi is the heartbeat of the Kenyan culture, economy, and politics. It’s going through a major social economic transformation.

Who will be the losers and gainers? How will the city look like by 2099 when it will be 200 years old?

-The writer teaches at the University of Nairobi.

source:

https://www.standardmedi...o-end-allure-of-nairobi

The author needs to travel HongKong, Singapore, China. It will change his perspective on how the future will be. Americans abandon malls, suburbs and even whole cities like Detroit. Again American cities built before the motor car revolution like New york have the affluent still living in the CBD. Other American cities are not that populated so let's not make comparison with Kentucky. African cities with the demographics as it is will follow the Asian model.

But he is right Nairobi is becoming an international city, the market will price locals to the outskirts to be coming to the city on trains looking for opportunities. I saw on twitter it is hard to find a 2bd under 45k in Eastleigh and 4bd is 70K.
MugundaMan
#379 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 1:49:24 PM

wukan,
Did he crush your ngara bedsitter dreams?Laughing out loudly
Nairobi today is like Detroit in 1950. The rush to the gated communities in the burbs is on!! Zubaa at your own risk.
NewMoney
#380 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 2:17:38 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
wukan,
Did he crush your ngara bedsitter dreams?Laughing out loudly
Nairobi today is like Detroit in 1950. The rush to the gated communities in the burbs is on!! Zubaa at your own risk.

The writer above is writing from a retirees perspective and with that premise, his assertions are right.

BUT, there is a big BUT, the average Kenyan is below 25 years old and these are the drivers of the economy and these are not going to DC anytime soon and a good percentage of them will make good money to continue pushing the economy of Nairobi's inner city to new heights.

Last I checked Kenya's life expectancy was around 60 years or less. So, better target the younger ones of us if you want growth, even banks, telecoms, e.t.c know this