wazua Sat, Apr 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
What is Kenya doing about Ebola?
radiomast
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:09:40 PM

I don't want to sound alarmist. But I came across a CNN report suggesting that the spread of Ebola to Uganda is imminent. Some Ebola deaths have been reported at the border between DRC and Uganda.

Its called a perfect storm because it is being spread by soldiers of different warring factions which makes it difficult to stop because war zones and no go zones for health workers.

The report also suggests that it may spread to South Sudan and Rwanda.

Thousands of Kenyans are traveling to Uganda, Rwanda and Sudan. And many of those rebels who are currently fighting in Kivu often end up in Nairobi Eastlands. Therefore there is a distinct chance that a Kenyan(s) could be infected this time.

Is Kenya prepared?

Ebola is also spread through non human primates like Harambe's relatives and Zokwes

https://www.cnn.com/2018...e-africa-intl/index.html
essyk
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2018 10:16:17 PM

With all the issues facing us?Ebola cannot even survive here.

And who are these? 'Harambe's relatives and Zokwes'
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
Swenani
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 5:13:13 AM

essyk wrote:

Nyasaye!!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
radiomast
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2018 10:19:37 PM

essyk wrote:

hehehe. I see You've got jokes.
Let me tell you men. If there is an Ebola panic in a city of 5 million people, Kenyans will immediately forget all the problems they have. Of all the problems Kenyans have now, none is worse than an Ebola outbreak.
radiomast
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 9:10:04 PM

I wonder if kina Essyk bado wako na mzaha

You know the Ebola outbreak in Liberia found its way to Texas USA before it spread to some countries neighbouring Liberia. A nurse treating an Ebola patient in Texas contracted the disease herself.

I dont think Kenyan hospitals have the wherewithal to treat patients. And its unlikely that they have rehearsed any potential scenario whereby a patient arrives with Ebola. And given the poor pay, none of the staff is motivated.

So I hope to God that arrivals at JKIA from Kampala are also being screened as is happening pale Busia. And I hope the screening is effective. Dis thing no be joke.
Pray Pray Pray Pray

masukuma
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:25:57 PM

radiomast wrote:
I wonder if kina Essyk bado wako na mzaha

You know the Ebola outbreak in Liberia found its way to Texas USA before it spread to some countries neighbouring Liberia. A nurse treating an Ebola patient in Texas contracted the disease herself. I dont think Kenyan hospitals have the wherewithal to treat patients.

So I hope to God that arrivals at JKIA from Kampala are also being screened as is happening pale Busia.
Pray Pray Pray Pray

Lol.. how many cases in Uganda?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
radiomast
#7 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:09:49 PM

masukuma wrote:

Lol.. how many cases in Uganda?[/quote]

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
The typical Mwafrika mentality. Instead of taking fire-safety precautions we wait until the building is on fire. And this is why pandemics are common in Africa and rare in the west. Sisi kama Waafrigha, forward planning is completely alien to most of us. We live for this moment only.

So far 3 have died so far. Uganda was warned in September of last year. Looks like they did nothing until the 1st case was reported. Masukuma can laugh it off. But I bet the families of those infected are cursing Uganda's ministry of health for doing nothing.
kaka2za
#8 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:25:55 PM

radiomast wrote:
masukuma wrote:

The typical Mwafrika mentality. Instead of taking fire-safety precautions we wait until the building is on fire. And this is why pandemics are common in Africa and rare in the west. Sisi kama Waafrigha, forward planning is completely alien to most of us. We live for this moment only.

So far 3 have died so far. Uganda was warned in September of last year. Looks like they did nothing until the 1st case was reported. Masukuma can laugh it off. But I bet the families of those infected are cursing Uganda's ministry of health for doing nothing.
[/quote]

You are so wrong. Uganda has a very strong ebola surveillance system. Vaccines are even available in the risky areas. No Ugandan has died of ebola. The two boys were congolese refugees and the cases were detected very fast.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Shak
#9 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 10:01:21 AM

Suspected case in Kericho
masukuma
#10 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 10:16:56 AM

radiomast wrote:
masukuma wrote:

So far 3 have died so far. Uganda was warned in September of last year. Looks like they did nothing until the 1st case was reported. Masukuma can laugh it off. But I bet the families of those infected are cursing Uganda's ministry of health for doing nothing. [/quote]
Actually not refer to your history...
FundamentAli
#11 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 10:30:13 AM

Shak wrote:
Suspected case in Kericho

Me thinks it is a ploy to cool down the political rheotrics of yesterday. I hope I am right.
murchr
#12 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 1:12:14 PM

Not good for tourism. Expect travel advisories and visa denials.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#13 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 1:55:35 PM

murchr wrote:

Your concerns should be about the wananchi in the affected areas and not some mzungus thousands of miles away.
murchr
#14 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 3:51:58 PM

hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:

Your concerns should be about the wananchi in the affected areas and not some mzungus thousands of miles away.

Mwananinchi will be losing revenue. Those advisories dont hurt their industries but yours

But

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
newfarer
#15 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 4:35:40 PM

road accidents cause more deaths than ebola .we should be more focused on dealing with road accidents than ebola .kifo ni kifo.10 people die of road accidents in Kenya daily.how many die of ebola
punda amecheka
masukuma
#16 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 4:38:58 PM

newfarer wrote:
road accidents cause more deaths than ebola .we should be more focused on dealing with road accidents than ebola .kifo ni kifo.10 people die of road accidents in Kenya daily.how many die of ebola

Drowing, car accidents... I am sure TVs falling on people will kill more people in Kenya than Ebola ever will!
murchr
#17 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:04:08 PM

newfarer wrote:

There's something very wrong from this kind of thinking, focus one thing because the other is also happening .... probably caused by scarcity of resources...I don't know. But if deaths can be stopped they should anyhow... Every ministry has an allocation kila mtu afanye kazi yake
radiomast
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:12:35 AM

newfarer wrote:

I don't understand this mentality. Do we lack the ability to make roads safer and also prevent pandemics. You mean to tell me we can't do both?
radiomast
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:14:19 AM

masukuma wrote:

History being the key operative word there. I suppose you are probably referring to the great plague which happened centuries ago.
masukuma
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:43:40 PM

radiomast wrote:
masukuma wrote:

History being the key operative word there. I suppose you are probably referring to the great plague which happened centuries ago.

There is that but that's rather far back. Spanish flu, Boivine Flu, SARS etc. just google plagues and see how many of them were in Africa.