wazua Tue, Apr 16, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Kiosks, cars and goats SWEPT AWAY on Kirinyaga road
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 05, 2018 4:45:46 PM

Invest in bedsitters there at your own peril!

Poleni, I could not resist this dig at my good friend wukan Laughing out loudly
wukan
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 03, 2020 8:12:22 AM

So Uhuru the wazuan was reading this banter with @mugundaman. He actually visited huku Grogan road and now the road is restored from globe roundabout to racecourse road roundabout.Applause Applause Applause Applause

Kirinyaga road was given a fresh layer of tarmac. Let's build those bedsitters on Kirinyaga road. Drool Drool

Even the dogs are amazed at the transformation.
amorphous
#3 Posted : Friday, June 05, 2020 6:09:29 PM

wukan wrote:

So Uhuru the wazuan was reading this banter with @mugundaman. He actually visited huku Grogan road and now the road is restored from globe roundabout to racecourse road roundabout.Applause Applause Applause Applause

Kirinyaga road was given a fresh layer of tarmac. Let's build those bedsitters on Kirinyaga road. Drool Drool

Even the dogs are amazed at the transformation.

Seems they are using curfew hours to do some good. Was also surprised to be trudging through CBD the other day and finding several roads fully re-tarmacked. They should also sort the sidewalks throughout the CBD which are a big disgrace for a city of Nairobi's calibre. Look how clean the ones in Seoul are. Not a speck of dust let alone litter anywhere!

Age and family mellows us all over time
amorphous
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 06, 2020 10:37:45 AM

Wukan, am I dreaming? NMS tosha!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

I surely hope they roll this out city wide and more importantly, that they sustain it! Wueeeh if this goes on Jozi and Capetown might have nothing on Nairobi in 5 years time smile
alma1
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 06, 2020 5:06:50 PM

amorphous wrote:

I surely hope they roll this out city wide and more importantly, that they sustain it! Wueeeh if this goes on Jozi and Capetown might have nothing on Nairobi in 5 years time smile

Watu wa Sonko wako wapi...This is what he and Kidero should have been doing.

Soon, no parking in the siri as happens in other worlds and then increase the cost of driving the car into the CBD....

Shhh don't post on FB like sonko, let the people see.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

amorphous
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 07, 2020 8:06:18 AM

alma1 wrote:
amorphous wrote:

Soon, no parking in the siri as happens in other worlds and then increase the cost of driving the car into the CBD....

To be fair to Sonko he tried his best despite his being intellectually challenged. He CERTAINLY did 1000 times better than looter Evans. Let us hope NMS takes the city to the next level at long last.
wukan
#7 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2020 12:02:25 PM

Nairobi was gone to the dogs and if NMS had not happened it would have shutdown. Can't even meet payroll

Quote:
The Nairobi government is set to record it lowest revenue collection since 2013 when the financial year ends on June 30.

The county will have less than Sh8.2 billion against a target of Sh17.5 billion.

As of June 4, only Sh7.76 billion had been collected from the county’s sources of revenue.

“It will be a miracle if between now and June 30, Sh400 million can be collected. From the projections we have as the Budget committee, this financial year’s own source revenue will hardly hit Sh8.2 billion,” said Robert Mbatia, the Nairobi assembly Budget and Appropriations committee chairman.
https://www.the-star.co....est-revenue-since-2013/
tinker
#8 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2020 3:05:00 PM

amorphous wrote:
alma1 wrote:
amorphous wrote:

To be fair to Sonko he tried his best despite his being intellectually challenged. He CERTAINLY did 1000 times better than looter Evans. Let us hope NMS takes the city to the next level at long last.

What is the point of spending a lot of resources constructing non-motorised roads only to abandon them to traders spreading their wares?.

Any one who has used Ngong Road between Dago-Kona & Southern bypass junction knows what I mean.
....He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..
Receptor
#9 Posted : Monday, June 08, 2020 7:42:00 PM

tinker wrote:

What is the point of spending a lot of resources constructing non-motorised roads only to abandon them to traders spreading their wares?.

Any one who has used Ngong Road between Dago-Kona & Southern bypass junction knows what I mean.

Million dollar question this. Also, who will reign-in boda-boda on these so called non-motorised roads? Maj Gen Badi should also consider instilling discipline in some of these in-disciplined citizens. With these new changes we should also have very strict city by-laws for sustainability. Sio ati Uhunye aki uulala 2022 we are back to chaos.
wukan
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2020 1:09:55 PM

After reading the budget statement I've come to the sad realization NMS is a PR scheme. NARC (nothing actually really changed) it is the same funding level that Nairobi county government was receiving.Shame on you Shame on you

Quote:
To manage the transferred functions, the National Government established the Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS). In order to facilitate performance of the transferred functions, the Nairobi Metropolitan Services has been allocated Ksh 26.4 billion in the FY 2020/21, which includes:
i) Ksh 15.95 billion from Nairobi City County’s equitable revenue share for the FY 2020/21;and,
ii) Ksh 660 million as additional conditional allocations related to the transferred functions.
>>The balance of Ksh 9.78 billion will come from the County’s
own-source revenue.
>>The NMS has also been allocated Ksh 1.5 billion from the National Government’s equitable revenue share to finance the Mukuru Renewal Project.

Sad Sad premium tears coming up shortly
amorphous
#11 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 1:04:55 PM

https://www.nation.co.ke...graft-held-sway-1444954

Wukan, toa maoni, blatha Laughing out loudly
wukan
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 05, 2020 8:22:29 PM

amorphous wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/kenya/news/how-nairobi-sank-into-filth-as-graft-held-sway-1444954

smile smile

amorphous
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:26:57 AM

wukan wrote:
amorphous wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/kenya/news/how-nairobi-sank-into-filth-as-graft-held-sway-1444954

smile smile

Wukan, funkytown is on a roll. Badi seems to be the medicine it has needed all along.

wukan
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 9:11:20 AM

Even the beautiful gals can't see how we are changing Gikomba market into Futian market ya huko china. I used to post about this a couple years back and wazuans thought it was a joke. Funkytown all the way...uhuru juu juu zaidi..tingiza

amorphous
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2020 9:33:39 AM

wukan wrote:
Even the beautiful gals can't see how we are changing Gikomba market into Futian market ya huko china. I used to post about this a couple years back and wazuans thought it was a joke. Funkytown all the way...uhuru juu juu zaidi..tingiza

he he he he he he ukweli usemwe. Unyee has done more in 10 years than the past regimes did in 47 years.

Barabaras nyweeee like dung in all corners of the great republic (amazingly, he has even outdone Kibs who we all thought did wonders). To Moyale huyooo; done. To Arusha huyoooo; done. To Turkana huyoooo; getting done. Dongo Kundu hizooo; finishing touches. These are major major arteries.
SGR ngruuuu done and dusted to Naivasha
Stima kriiiiii to 80% coverage and climbing - a truly incredible feat in this our dark continent. Last mile has been a godsend!
Maji shwaaaa all slums soon to be covered
Metre gauge spuuuuu Nanyuki line revived, others to follow

But ametuangusha on title deeds.
Jameni how many decades will it take to digitise the registers? We have been crying since 2002 for the regimes to digitise but seems we need another badi appointed CS of lands.

Tingisa juu juu juu zaidi, Unyee for PM 2022!

wukan
#16 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 8:20:56 PM

amorphous, toa maoni hapo 0:16 to 0:20

Nairobi funkytown vibe has been catching on over time. In a few more years it will be booming wacha tu!

amorphous
#17 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2020 9:37:33 AM

wukan wrote:
amorphous, toa maoni hapo 0:16 to 0:20

Nairobi funkytown vibe has been catching on over time. In a few more years it will be booming wacha tu!

he he he he short but sweet few seconds
In 10 years time assuming this corona thing is long gone, all Kenyans abroad will be swarming back to Kiinya when they see the transformation happening hapa.

For example comparing 1992 and 2002 - not much difference. Kenya was in the pigsty
2002 and 2012 - Night and day. Nation literally transformed
2012 and 2022 - triple the transformation
2022 - 2032 will be the golden years for Kiinya assuming we get it right in terms of sustaining the transformational agenda and tackling corruption
amorphous
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:16:43 AM

Applause Applause Applause

Impressive. Wukan, looks like we might have a Kenyan version of a mini "Central Park"in funkytown's core Applause Applause
wukan
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:47:20 AM

Yes Uhuru/NMS is reading the script from Rudy Giuliani on how he turned round New york city by taking the streets from the disorderly and giving back the streets to orderly citizens. Slowly people will wonder how they allowed prime city real estate to be used a garbage dump.

In a few years a lot more people will be living in Kirinyaga road in a 24 hour economy. CS Tobiko will be remembered more for this than as the DPP
alma1
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2020 10:54:18 AM

wukan wrote:
Yes Uhuru/NMS is reading the script from Rudy Giuliani on how he turned round New york city by taking the streets from the disorderly and giving back the streets to orderly citizens. Slowly people will wonder how they allowed prime city real estate to be used a garbage dump.

In a few years a lot more people will be living in Kirinyaga road in a 24 hour economy. CS Tobiko will be remembered more for this than as the DPP

I think we are seeing here what has been lacking in this country for a long time. Doers.

We have great plans on paper but ever since this general came up and a few CS's we can see that doing and actualizing plans is just as important as dreaming about them.

Let's see more of such people.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?