Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages<1234>»
ARM Cement HY18
Bishofu
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2019 12:12:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
ARM Cement suitors have one month to submit bids
https://www.businessdail...7660-13owlxp/index.html
>>> Shareholders may not see anything after the creditors are paid off but it will be resolved one way or another.

There could be more bidders than we thought. The devil is in the details.
VituVingiSana
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2019 2:07:35 PM

Bishofu wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
ARM Cement suitors have one month to submit bids
https://www.businessdail...7660-13owlxp/index.html
>>> Shareholders may not see anything after the creditors are paid off but it will be resolved one way or another.

There could be more bidders than we thought. The devil is in the details.

A bidder may want to buy a "clean" ARM so the assets may be sold/transferred to the new buyer. The banks and creditors may be paid off in full BUT the administrators have no incentive to pay shareholders as long as they can bill and get paid a few millions/month.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Pesa Nane
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 12:11:14 PM

Dalili ya mvua.... Sad Sad
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
VituVingiSana
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 12:15:13 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 2:53:14 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I had even forgotten about ARM. What's the point? They should just tell the bondholders what they will get once the bids are sorted out.
As for the shareholders like me, don't bother waiting. Move on as I have done so.

Let this company keep quiet. Pole to the 'investors'

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ebenyo
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 8:58:09 PM

obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

One investment Lesson from ARM,Uchumi,KQ and Mumias is: Never invest in a company with a debt to equity ratio of 80% and above.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
xxxxx
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 9:01:50 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

One investment Lesson from ARM,Uchumi,KQ and Mumias is: Never invest in a company with a debt to equity ratio of 80% and above.

80% is too high. Change that to 35%.....The way things are going, even Centum ain't safe
Ebenyo
#28 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 9:22:04 PM

xxxxx wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

80% is too high. Change that to 35%.....The way things are going, even Centum ain't safe

centum debt to equity ratio as per their latest results is 89%.This is not good.They need to scale it down.
It means they are almost falling into reliance on debts to finance their operations and growth.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#29 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2019 9:49:39 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
xxxxx wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:
obiero wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Pesa Nane wrote:

centum debt to equity ratio as per their latest results is 89%.This is not good.They need to scale it down.
It means they are almost falling into reliance on debts to finance their operations and growth.

Indeed. Centum is a poor investment choice :)

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
maka
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:44:46 AM

Devki Group subsidiary National Cement enters into an agreement to acquire all cement and non-cement assets and business of ARM Cement PLC for Sh 5.0 Billion.
possunt quia posse videntur
Ericsson
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:56:47 AM

maka wrote:
Devki Group subsidiary National Cement enters into an agreement to acquire all cement and non-cement assets and business of ARM Cement PLC for Sh 5.0 Billion.

The sale of the non-cement business collapsed.
This is a good sale since it will result into consolidation/reduction in the number of cement companies in the country.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
FUNKY
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:13:44 AM

What will current shareholders get?
Angelica _ann
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:24:11 AM

FUNKY wrote:

Too early to say, ama?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:25:07 AM

FUNKY wrote:

Nothing.
Banks like UBA will be first in line to get paid.
Fyatu
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:39:17 AM

maka wrote:

Wapi link ndungu @Maka ??

I had suspected Devki would buy all my assets but not for a measly 5 billions. It is a Gujarati thing.
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
littledove
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:43:22 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
FUNKY wrote:

Nothing.

The 5 billion applies to assets only which means it is the amount to be paid to shareholders
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:07:37 AM

littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
FUNKY wrote:

Nothing.

The 5 billion applies to assets only which means it is the amount to be paid to shareholders
Do not hold your breath.
maka
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:18:35 AM

Fyatu wrote:
maka wrote:

I had suspected Devki would buy all my assets but not for a measly 5 billions. It is a Gujarati thing.

Post 11,001... 😊

Hii hapa...

https://www.google.com/a...rm-cement-248610/%3famp
possunt quia posse videntur
littledove
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:24:00 AM

https://af.reuters.com/article/kenyaNews/idAFL5N22X16A
NAIROBI, May 21 (Reuters) - The assets of Kenya’s ARM Cement have been sold to the National Cement Company for $50 million, its administrator said on Tuesday.

ARM Cement was put under administration last August by some of its creditors over a $190 million debt and its shares were suspended from the Nairobi bourse. It has debts with a range of creditors, including local commercial banks.

The transaction, which applies to ARM Cement’s Kenyan assets only, is subject to regulatory approvals, the statement from the administrator said.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Bishofu
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:30:03 AM

maka wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
maka wrote:

Post 11,001... 😊

Hii hapa...

https://www.google.com/a...rm-cement-248610/%3famp

Kenyan assets only??? What of subsidiaries..
5 Bob a share??