#21 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2019 11:13:25 AM

Fyatu wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:
These ones have refused with results. LINK

Financial results to be released on or before 31st July 2019

Ok. Clearly this firm is disillusioned. So they are doing things in 2019 that will change what happened in 2018! Ni sawa tu

And this is the reason i advise anyone thinking of investing in the NSE for the first time to keep off. This NSE has become pata potea and fertile ground for daylight fraud. Hapa NSE you are on your own. CMA sio mama yako.Registrar sio mjomba wako.They(both CMA and registrar) will make you know this fact in a very rude way.
They will serve you jeuri yako cold.
Take home message here is, stay far away from NSE if you are thinking of investing here for the first time. You are better off investing in a nduthi that brings you solid cash(350-500 bob) every evening.
Atleast in a nduthi you break even in a year flat while ensuring the great Chinese economy grows in leaps and bounds.Or better still you follow @Mugundaman huko DC and invest in freehold plot of land.In summary you can loose all your money in NSE faster than in Sportspesa multibet..Maoni ni yangu....maoni ni free

@Fyatu blame your stock picking strategies. How did you end up in ADSS, ARM, KQ and HAFR?

Inside ARM and ADSS yes, but not inside KQ and HAFR. To be honest ADSS was pure speculation and not much FA was carried out. I bought their Ngamia 1/Tullow oil proposion and then crude oil prices plunged worldwide and matters went south. Carl Esprey and Ian Mann then wrote me a letter proposing the so called Chancho project somewhere near Addis. This idea of glass manufacturing in a country that consumes millions of gallons of beer was too sweet given that at Ethiopia wa importing beer bottles. Kumbe Carl Esprey was in Ethiopia before and was not paying taxes.....in ARM, the price was plummeting yet they had just commisioned Tanga clinker and cement factories. During the same period SGR was at its early stages of construction leave alone the shiny skyscrappers that now describe Nairobi skyline. The books did not look very bad when CDC pumped in kshs. 14b.I boarded when the price hit 16 bob and them problems set in. First it was electricity manenos huko Tanzania. The board assured us that they had spoken with Magufuli people and that our shiny kilns will be back in full prodiction. Then it was coal ban and we all know what followed next. ARM actually even got the best of us offguard kama the so called "wealthsmiths" based in Nairobi e.g., Sanlam
and others. For the avoidance of doubt, my stock picking strategy is based on two things.....the books and me taking extra effort to find out if the product being sold has an edge over competitors.....for Atlas there was no tangible product/service to be seen and thus the failure.For ARM, the product(Rhino) is back in hardwares and Kenya/Africa is yet to reach 200kgs per person consumption per year so there is still a wide canvas......poleni sana for kizungu mingi and as i promised @Obiero and wazuans, i will document fully my activities at NSE soon

Noted. For me, HAFR is highly speculative, 5% of my portfolio. That said, my other investments in Kengen, Stanbic, Kenya Re, NMG, NIC, TPS though paying dovidends are not doing very well on capital gains. Only Stanbic and NIC are in paper gains.
Life is short. Live passionately.
sparkly
#22 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 8:00:44 AM

obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

Ok. Clearly this firm is disillusioned. So they are doing things in 2019 that will change what happened in 2018! Ni sawa tu

At least they recognize that things are thick, dont ask for bailouts or PIIP.

IMO since they have failed to raise debt publicly or privately, they should come back to us the shareholders for additional Equity capital.
obiero
#23 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 8:05:52 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

IMO since they have failed to raise debt publicly or privately, they should come back to us the shareholders for additional Equity capital.

You have failed to get the point. Read the link with an open mind. They state that they are CURRENTLY effecting strategic changes that will affect results for the PREVIOUS financial year.. If you see nothing wrong with that, ni maombi tu ndio nitakupatia

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#24 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 9:21:42 AM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

You have failed to get the point. Read the link with an open mind. They state that they are CURRENTLY effecting strategic changes that will affect results for the PREVIOUS financial year.. If you see nothing wrong with that, ni maombi tu ndio nitakupatia

This is standard reporting practice for Post Balance Sheet events.

HAFR has a duty to adjust (or disclose in) its Financial Statements positive or negative events that happened after 31 December 2018 and which may affect the viability of the company going forward.

Simply put, if something happened in March 2019 to render the company bankrupt/ near bankrupt, Directors must not wait till next year to tell us so. It should be disclosed in the 2018 Accounts.

They shouldn't do that nosense of rushing the Accounts then restating the figures next year.

See below for your further reading.

https://www.ifrs.org/iss...er-the-reporting-period/
obiero
#25 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 10:00:15 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

HAFR has a duty to adjust (or disclose in) its Financial Statements positive or negative events that happened after 31 December 2018 and which may affect the viability of the company going forward.

Simply put, if something happened in March 2019 to render the company bankrupt/ near bankrupt, Directors must not wait till next year to tell us so. It should be disclosed in the 2018 Accounts.

They shouldn't do that nosense of rushing the Accounts then restating the figures next year.

https://www.ifrs.org/iss...r-the-reporting-period/

Failure to report within time is the nonsense at hand.. Release of a material announcement and/or cautionary statements can suffice in extreme event occurance post-results release, not this bullcrap they are trying out under non adjusting events

Ebenyo
#26 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 10:31:11 AM

The last results released for HY ended 30th June 2018 was not that bad.Home Africa needs 1 billion to stand on its feet.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
obiero
#27 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 10:57:59 AM

Ebenyo wrote:
The last results released for HY ended 30th June 2018 was not that bad.Home Africa needs 1 billion to stand on its feet.

OK. I wait to see how they shall obtain that KES 1B

sparkly
#28 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 11:52:46 AM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Company is still majority held by founding shareholders who happen to be very conservative middle class fellows.

A new set of entrepreneurial shareholders and Directors is needed to capitalize the company and lead it on a path of ambitious growth. If I had the cash, I would launch a takeover bid.
obiero
#29 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 11:56:37 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Company is still majority held by founding shareholders who happen to be very conservative middle class fellows.

A new set of entrepreneurial shareholders and Directors is needed to capitalize the company and lead it on a path of ambitious growth. If I had the cash, I would launch a takeover bid.

Remember if a prized cow is dead, however sad you may be, it's cheaper to conduct a burial than to seek out a vet doctor to determine whether the animal can be revived

xxxxx
#30 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 11:58:39 AM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
[quote=rwitre]These ones have refused with results. LINK

https://www.ifrs.org/iss...r-the-reporting-period/[/quote]

Home Afrika is seeking financing.

This was the same situation as at 31 December 2018.

Me thinks Home Afrika was insolvent as at 31 December 2018.

Me also thinks management and the board failed to convince their.financiers to give them letters of support or similar guarantees that they would avail financing as required in the 12 months period post year end. Home Afrika could therefore not convince their auditors of the appropriate ness of preparing their financials on a going concern basis to avoid preparing their financials on a break up basis or have a qualified opinion if that failed.

Me thinks Home Afrika consequently opts to delay publication on grounds of arrangements in progress and gets approval from the regulators.

Me thinks Nothing they are working on would likely constitute an Adjusting event which would change the company's position as at 31 December 2018 in so far as the standard is concerned. The only change would most likely be with the auditors opinion. Cautionary announcements would suffice.

Surely we've been here before with ArmCement as wazuans. We were told CDC was coming in to support hence the delay in publication. Support never materialized to this day. Look where arm is now.

Same script different cast (only the regulators are constant). We should learn to cut our losses and run as soon as we spot these shenanigans.

I do not believe Home Afrika is a going concernShame on you Shame on you
VituVingiSana
#31 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 12:34:39 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

What's your problem? Why do you want people to read when they have the so-called "Exchange Bar" to attain that info? d'oh! Laughing out loudly d'oh! Laughing out loudly
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#32 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 12:36:57 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Remember if a prized cow is dead, however sad you may be, it's cheaper to conduct a burial than to seek out a vet doctor to determine whether the animal can be revived

AMEN Applause Applause Applause
KQ losses accumulate to Sh89.3bn in six years
https://www.the-star.co....to-sh893bn-in-six-years/
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
obiero
#33 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 12:47:01 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

AMEN Applause Applause Applause
KQ losses accumulate to Sh89.3bn in six years
https://www.the-star.co....o-sh893bn-in-six-years/

Your past must never determine your future.. Even if months ago you used to solicit intimacy along dark footpaths of Kitale streets, things change.. The future belongs to the bold who agree to reform

sparkly
#34 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 1:06:27 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
rwitre wrote:

What's your problem? Why do you want people to read when they have the so-called "Exchange Bar" to attain that info? d'oh! Laughing out loudly d'oh! Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly uchokozi
Ebenyo
#35 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 7:35:29 PM

Among the ailing companies in NSE Home Africa fares better!
Mumias leads in negative equity position of 15 billion,followed by uchumi at 3 billion,KQ at 2.4 billion,Trans-century at 944 million and Home Africa at 505 million.
obiero
#36 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 7:38:36 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
Mumias leads in negative equity position of 15 billion,followed by uchumi at 3 billion,KQ at 2.4 billion,Trans-century at 944 million and Home Africa at 505 million.

Its shameful to put HAFR and KQ in the same sentence. Would caliber of Martin Oduor, Caroline Ogwapitt, Michael Joseph join the board of HAFR? Even for one day? Let's get serious about what we post

Ebenyo
#37 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 8:00:01 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Its shameful to put HAFR and KQ in the same sentence. Would caliber of Martin Oduor, Caroline Ogwapitt, Michael Joseph join the board of HAFR? Even for one day? Let's get serious about what we post

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly I now know why @sparky is at Home Africa.Its a company which is very near to recovery.It just lacks funding.And technically,it performes fair with volumes of 300,000 shares trade on a good week on the trading floor.
And we know you are a goodwill ambassador of KQ to promote it with something small for you beside.
If HAFR had the same godfather as KQ,it could have been running smoothly long ago.
sparkly
#38 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 9:11:04 PM

obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

How many shares do those executives hold in KQ? Let me tell you, they have Zero, Nought, Nothing. They are just there for prestige and allowances.
The only KQ Directors who hold KQ shares are:

Nicholas Bodo - 1,050;
Carol Musyoka - 6,675; and
Michael Gichangi - 2,025.

On the other hand the following Directors of HAFR have shares in the company:
Ketan Shah - 4m;
Mbugua Gecaga - 3m; and
Dan Awendo - 256k.

I feel better represented by directors who have skin in the game (to quote @VVS) than directors who are just there for prestige and allowances.
VituVingiSana
#39 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 9:21:57 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

How many shares do those executives hold in KQ? Let me tell you, they have Zero, Nought, Nothing. They are just there for prestige and allowances.

Nicholas Bodo - 1,050;

Ketan Shah - 4m;
Mbugua Gecaga - 3m; and
Dan Awendo - 256k.

I feel better represented by directors who have skin in the game (to quote @VVS) than directors who are just there for prestige and allowances.

Nicholas Bodo - 1,050; [Value 5k. One free one-way flight from NBO-MBA on economy 5k+]
Carol Musyoka - 6,675; and [Value 34k. One free return flight from NBO-KGL on economy 34k+]
Michael Gichangi - 2,025. [Value 10k. One free retun flight from NBO-MBA on economy 10k+]

If I was offered a board seat on KQ, I would take it. For the perks.
So would @sparkly. Or @obiero [who probably tried under Ngunze] Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
obiero
#40 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2019 9:36:40 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ebenyo wrote:

Nicholas Bodo - 1,050;

Ketan Shah - 4m;
Mbugua Gecaga - 3m; and
Dan Awendo - 256k.

Nicholas Bodo - 1,050; [Value 5k. One free one-way flight from NBO-MBA on economy 5k+]
Carol Musyoka - 6,675; and [Value 34k. One free return flight from NBO-KGL on economy 34k+]
Michael Gichangi - 2,025. [Value 10k. One free retun flight from NBO-MBA on economy 10k+]

If I was offered a board seat on KQ, I would take it. For the perks.
So would @sparkly. Or @obiero [who probably tried under Ngunze] Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Skin in the game counts for nothing if you can imagine what happened to Panaurana of ARM.. The NSE is a dicy place meant only for those who can afford to lose it all