5 Pages<12345>
Konza City - is it a good investment
MugundaMan
#41 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 1:51:51 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
Konza is becoming reality soon

This one died a long time ago

Same thing the naysayers said about SGR and LAPPSET even before the first excavator hit the soil on both, my braddah. Kaa chonjo and watch Kenya boom. in 5 years time I hope you will still be a member hapa so we could enjoy reminding you that "we told you so" about KC :)
sparkly
#42 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 8:28:09 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

1. One thing I have learnt about government projects... The move slowly but surely. If GOK says it will build a pipeline, be sure it will.

2. One thing I have learnt about projects generally... Infrastructure follows the people, not the other way around. GOK will not build a road, connect power, water and wifi to a remote place to encourage settlement. However, if you build your settlement in a remote place, GOK will build a road, connect power, water and wifi to your remote Kibanda. Same thing with Konza. Once investors who are allocated parcels start constructing, Project will move at un-imaginable speed.

3. A good example is upperhill. 15 years ago, upperhill was just KASNEB, Rahimtulla and a few residential buildings (some converted into restaurants) with just one street through to KNG. Right now Upperhill is a highrise city within a city with an excellent road power and water network.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Swenani
#43 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 12:00:01 PM

sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

1. One thing I have learnt about government projects... The move slowly but surely. If GOK says it will build a pipeline, be sure it will.

2. One thing I have learnt about projects generally... Infrastructure follows the people, not the other way around. GOK will not build a road, connect power, water and wifi to a remote place to encourage settlement. However, if you build your settlement in a remote place, GOK will build a road, connect power, water and wifi to your remote Kibanda. Same thing with Konza. Once investors who are allocated parcels start constructing, Project will move at un-imaginable speed.

3. A good example is upperhill. 15 years ago, upperhill was just KASNEB, Rahimtulla and a few residential buildings (some converted into restaurants) with just one street through to KNG. Right now Upperhill is a highrise city within a city with an excellent road power and water network.

expound on what excellent is? Upperhill is f***ed up. How can you spend more than 2 hrs to exit upperhill?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
sparkly
#44 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 2:11:04 PM

Swenani wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

expound on what excellent is? Upperhill is f***ed up. How can you spend more than 2 hrs to exit upperhill?

Roads are good, traffic is bad.
Life is short. Live passionately.
murchr
#45 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 4:23:39 PM

sparkly wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Roads are good, traffic is bad.

The reason upper hill is f***ed up us because infrastructure followed the people.

The last time i spoke to reliable sources Konza already had a power station. Underground elec wiring and fiber optic cable. First building is going up, I hope the access roads are oncourse
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Country Girl
#46 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 9:11:19 AM

Thank you all for your replies. I've had mixed messages from family and people here as well. I'm thinking of long term investment, to build at a later stage. I'll do my research, join a sacco and start from there. Slowly but surely, I'll start my real estate portfolio. I want something that I can rely on its income when I am too old to work. Real estate feels like a best investment for me.

Do you think real estate prices will go down soon? Will the bubble burst?
wukan
#47 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 10:46:56 AM

Country Girl wrote:
Thank you all for your replies. I've had mixed messages from family and people here as well. I'm thinking of long term investment, to build at a later stage. I'll do my research, join a sacco and start from there. Slowly but surely, I'll start my real estate portfolio. I want something that I can rely on its income when I am too old to work. Real estate feels like a best investment for me.

Our real estate is still at its infancy when you compare to other countries. Nairobi is not even built up lots of empty spaces, low rise apartments. Check out Shanghai on google earth and compare to Nairobi you will see that we have not even scratched the surface.

Instead of buying land in konza buy a studio apartment. It will earn you some income as you build up your portfolio. The mortgage payments will not break you. There is some new project coming up in Ngara 11 floors of studios and 1 bedroom. My friend bought some studios on Kirinyaga road and he is doing quite well. Real estate is all about location. Don't buy idle land in some bush land hoping to make it big.

MugundaMan
#48 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 10:56:14 AM

wukan wrote:

Instead of buying land in konza buy a studio apartment. It will earn you some income as you build up your portfolio. The mortgage payments will not break you. There is some new project coming up in Ngara 11 floors of studios and 1 bedroom. My friend bought some studios on Kirinyaga road and he is doing quite well. Real estate is all about location. Don't buy idle land in some bush land hoping to make it big.

I now see why you are so against very good land investments in dustbowl Laughing out loudly You actually BORROW money at 18% interest to buy a bedsitter on Kirinyaga road? What a strategy. I thought with all your "expertise" on matters real estate you would tell us of better options jameni kumbe ni mabedsitter tu on Kirinyaga roadLaughing out loudly Nothing against those investments papo hapo though. To each their own.
wukan
#49 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 11:11:14 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:

I now see why you are so against very good land investments in dustbowl Laughing out loudly You actually BORROW money at 18% interest to buy a bedsitter on Kirinyaga road? What a strategy. I thought with all your "expertise" on matters real estate you would tell us of better options jameni kumbe ni mabedsitter tu on Kirinyaga roadLaughing out loudly Nothing against those investments papo hapo though. To each their own.

I told you I don't need any more houses I'm in biashara. When you and your friends afford 70m-90m per acre and do 11 floors we can discuss 'expertise'. To each his own lane.
MugundaMan
#50 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 11:16:36 AM

wukan wrote:

I told you I don't need any more houses I'm in biashara. When you and your friends afford 70m-90m per acre and do 11 floors we can discuss 'expertise'. To each his own lane.

Best thing you have said so farsmile
Was just intrigued by where all your bile for dustbowl has been coming from. Kumbe ulikuwa Kirinyaga rd tu. In fact that is DUST and uncollected garbage CENTRAL Laughing out loudly

Thankfully MP Jaguar and Sonko are doing something about it pole pole to upgrade it to habitable standards.
wukan
#51 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 1:05:11 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:

Best thing you have said so farsmile
Was just intrigued by where all your bile for dustbowl has been coming from. Kumbe ulikuwa Kirinyaga rd tu. In fact that is DUST and uncollected garbage CENTRAL Laughing out loudly

Thankfully MP Jaguar and Sonko are doing something about it pole pole to upgrade it to habitable standards.

I will encourage you to watch "The Secret History of Our Streets-
TV series". You will see how real estates moves over timesmile
MugundaMan
#52 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 1:40:39 PM

wukan wrote:

But why do you assume I do not understand how real estate moves over time and haven't studied countless books and taken courses in uni with kizungu mingi on the subject, baba ? If I start telling you storos about my adventures in the industry even hapo papo in the country you are currently in we will be here all day smile. Kenya is ground zero of a long term RE superboom the likes of which Hong Kong will envy well past 2030 due to various factors beyond the scope of this post. Ukizubaa shauri yako, even those bedsitters in Kirinyaga rd will be out of your reach!
wukan
#53 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 1:58:54 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:

But why do you assume I do not understand how real estate moves over time and haven't studied countless books and taken courses in uni with kizungu mingi on the subject, baba ? If I start telling you storos about my adventures in the industry even hapo papo in the country you are currently in we will be here all day smile. Kenya is ground zero of a long term RE superboom the likes of which Hong Kong will envy well past 2030 due to various factors beyond the scope of this post. Ukizubaa shauri yako, even those bedsitters in Kirinyaga rd will be out of your reach!

Applause Applause Applause Great. Kuja tujengee ghorofa wachana na 1/8th. If Chinkus are developing 30+ floors we can surely upgrade Kirinyaga road. The main trunk sewer line is just right there at Nairobi river
MugundaMan
#54 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 2:53:32 PM

wukan wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Great. Kuja tujengee ghorofa wachana na 1/8th. If Chinkus are developing 30+ floors we can surely upgrade Kirinyaga road. The main trunk sewer line is just right there at Nairobi river

Thanks but no thanks Laughing out loudly
Good luck with that part of town though.
Angelica _ann
#55 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 3:23:35 PM

Nairobi & suburbs is overrated. There is so much virgin land in Kenya. Kujeni mashinani where life is great, fresh air, ambiance, cheap stuff, farming etc.

In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Fyatu
#56 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 4:43:51 PM

A certain old lady told me that a 1/4 plot in Rongai-Ngong areas was selling at ksh. 8600 in 1986. She told me her chama members(mostly mama mbogas) used to pay installments in ving'otore(10 cents) every Saturdays. However, what caught my attention is that most of these women and men sold their lands just before the boom due to their problems e.g., School fees, Medical etc.The old lady endured the hash economic times of Nyayo-error and even managed to purchase more plots and as they say...she is smiling all the way to the bank

Moral of the story is that when you make an investment be it in land, stocks, bonds, bitcoin, cars, designer cloths, you better be clear with the end game. My strategy is to buy chickens first, then sell them and buy goats. Rear the goats and then sell them to buy herds of cattle, donkeys and camels. Furthermore, investments don't make money overnight. You better be in for the long haul and the younger you are the better(time is on your side).

get inspired here
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
MugundaMan
#57 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 5:35:31 PM

Fyatu wrote:
A certain old lady told me that a 1/4 plot in Rongai-Ngong areas was selling at ksh. 8600 in 1986. She told me her chama members(mostly mama mbogas) used to pay installments in ving'otore(10 cents) every Saturdays. However, what caught my attention is that most of these women and men sold their lands just before the boom due to their problems e.g., School fees, Medical etc.The old lady endured the hash economic times of Nyayo-error and even managed to purchase more plots and as they say...she is smiling all the way to the bank

Moral of the story is that when you make an investment be it in land, stocks, bonds, bitcoin, cars, designer cloths, you better be clear with the end game. My strategy is to buy chickens first, then sell them and buy goats. Rear the goats and then sell them to buy herds of cattle, donkeys and camels. Furthermore, investments don't make money overnight. You better be in for the long haul and the younger you are the better(time is on your side).

get inspired here

Now this is advice from a Wise man sitting on a three legged stool! Many here on Wazoo may need to pay attention to you. My strategy is to plant a mustard seed in the soil in twenty different places at the same time in 1990 and sell tonnes of mustard for life once the trees are all fully grown smile
hardwood
#58 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 7:02:43 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Nairobi & suburbs is overrated. There is so much virgin land in Kenya. Kujeni mashinani where life is great, fresh air, ambiance, cheap stuff, farming etc.

I think one can get a good deal mashinani. With devolution and universities spreading everywhere, i think one can buy some land and put housing for the county or university staff and students eg huko rongo, kebabii, kilifi, kabianga etc. Most of the small towns are deficient in good housing. You can get an acre or 2 at a good price and build a "residential estate" pole pole instead of buying some bush in kajiado hinterland.
Country Girl
#59 Posted : Monday, September 03, 2018 9:09:35 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

Applause Now Angelina is talking my language. Laughing out loudly
Ideal would be Shamba life but still close to the city. Growing your own food, living the simple life. And living a legacy for our kids.
Kate_Mbarire
#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2018 4:40:51 AM

wukan wrote:
[quote=Country Girl]Thank you all for your replies. I've had mixed messages from family and people here as well. I'm thinking of long term investment, to build at a later stage. I'll do my research, join a sacco and start from there. Slowly but surely, I'll start my real estate portfolio. I want something that I can rely on its income when I am too old to work. Real estate feels like a best investment for me.

Our real estate is still at its infancy when you compare to other countries. Nairobi is not even built up lots of empty spaces, low rise apartments. Check out Shanghai on google earth and compare to Nairobi you will see that we have not even scratched the surface.

Dear Wukan..Thank you for being a real estate genius!I have been following you silently in wazua and really appreciate your input.Ngara is a GREAT investment....where are these bedsitters...who is the developer so that I can explore investing?And lastly;what are your thoughts about the upcoming Edermann Chinese who are also breaking ground to build massive units in ngara?They are the same greatwall Chinese.