Konza City - is it a good investment
murchr
#21 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:56:55 PM

Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Am headed to Konza, will be requesting an allocation of at least 1000 acres and am sure it will be approved, am mostly investing in start ups but we have a great advantage and will be kicking off with some of the biggest brands and names in technology and investment globally. As for speculating in mburotis around, this
is difficult to say. But we shall be giving several technology startups an easy through pass, think of investing with the firms that will move there.

More details over the next few weeks.

Am sorry it doesn't work like that.

What do you know about technology? Well am the one saying what i want there, keep it here and see who will rule the day, this is about vision, not silly arguments.

I do not know you.

I currently work in one of the technology cities in the world right now.

And when i tell you it doesn't work like that I know what am talking about but I will not argue with you.

Good, don't just argue ovyo ovyo, give your points, some have said this is a white elephant, some think it is a place for assembling samsung phones, or coding for american firms the way wahindis do, or just narrowly copying what others are doing ni kama konza ni exhibition halls zaa tom mboya street, peyana mawazo zako, and lets see if you will enter konza before me, i can bet 1 million Kes. Payable by december, put your money where your mouth is or give your opinion.

Am not arguing. I was blunt - it does not work like that. Sorry if that was very offensive. All those who you have called "some" do not know what they are talking about, but they are entitled to their opinion. Rem opinion is not fact.
There a thread on Konza here may be searching can help. Countrygal wanted to know if purchasing land would be of benefit to her that is the point of discussion right now.

In the meantime
Quote:
KoTDA intends to allocate and lease parcels of land within a portion of the Konza Technopolis. You are invited to submit a proposal for your project to be undertaken on one or more of the over 73 parcels of land currently on offer. Your proposal should be submitted in accordance with the guidelines and requirements set forth in the Call for Applications (CFA). Investors are advised to visit the site at their own cost to familiarize themselves with the site and conditions therein. A representative from KoTDA will be available for the site visit at specific times to show the property, inquires on times should be done in writing via email on the address konza@konzacity.go.ke.

Sijui hio 1000 acres utatoa wapi. Lakini si argue na wewe
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Much Know
#22 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:59:49 PM

Will simply give them an offer they cant refuse, works every time!
A New Kenya
MugundaMan
#23 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 7:03:01 PM

Much Know wrote:

Innovation by nature portends innovative use of resources not a "choir". Am just saying konza is a good investment vision wise, what the country hoped for when they chose to pursue this vision will be soon actualized, much sooner than people think and the private sector innovators will be calling the shots, just as with silicon valley, the internet, mobile phone sector e.t.c.

True, meanwhile they need to tarmack Konza-Isinya bypass soonest. We can't have a tech city without a decent road that will connect to Isinya-Kiserian-Ngong. This road alone will turbo-charge the area (and Konza city) for further development.
Much Know
#24 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 7:04:50 PM

1000 acres is very small in the world of manufacturing and technology, and similar projects can start in other places, so not everyone and everything has to be " squeezed" in Konza.
A New Kenya
Swenani
#25 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 7:08:38 PM

maka wrote:
hardwood wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Country girl, if you want to minimize headaches and not have to do the due diligence yourself, go with a company like Home Afrika. It's blue chip, listed and 100% above board. They use a good legal firm for all documents and titles are ready for each plot. This project is on the proposed Isinya-Konza City bypass in which most saccos dealing in Konza land have invested. They also have payment plans! Hope this helps.

So this sidai land is huko interior 10km from konza and sgr? Those must be the areas one sees zebras and wildebeests grazing.

He he he....

Antelopes used to roam in utawala not long ago
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Chaka
#26 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 7:30:37 PM

If I recall,the technopolis is to be "housed" in 5000 acres gov land..so out of this 5000 acres,you wish to lease 1000 acres?How long will the lease be and have the basics been done(water,sewerage,reliable power)?

Much Know wrote:
Am headed to Konza, will be requesting an allocation of at least 1000 acres and am sure it will be approved, am mostly investing in start ups but we have a great advantage and will be kicking off with some of the biggest brands and names in technology and investment globally. As for speculating in mburotis around, this
is difficult to say. But we shall be giving several technology startups an easy through pass, think of investing with the firms that will move there.

Much Know
#27 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 7:39:48 PM

Chaka wrote:
If I recall,the technopolis is to be "housed" in 5000 acres gov land..so out of this 5000 acres,you wish to lease 1000 acres?How long will the lease be and have the basics been done(water,sewerage,reliable power)?

Much Know wrote:

We plan to build all out stand alone aka off grid infrastructure, eg japanese type jakaso systems for house sewage, "smart houses" or "smart huts" so to speak, culturally sensitive, and customised planning and development etc, all made here, we have other secrets that are key, including energy, etc but its really extensive, pray for us Pray
A New Kenya
obiero
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 12:08:51 AM

Much Know wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Much Know wrote:

We plan to build all out stand alone aka off grid infrastructure, eg japanese type jakaso systems for house sewage, "smart houses" or "smart huts" so to speak, culturally sensitive, and customised planning and development etc, all made here, we have other secrets that are key, including energy, etc but its really extensive, pray for us Pray

Okay

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 6:18:20 AM

Much Know wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Much Know wrote:

Why haven't we heard of this project of yours. I mean 20% uptake of Konza deseeves some news mention.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Much Know
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 6:51:04 AM

sparkly wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Much Know wrote:

Why haven't we heard of this project of yours. I mean 20% uptake of Konza deseeves some news mention.

I said there is some info i cant yet disclose (secret) for many reasons, and tech involves a lot of that, but a few right people even in some far countries and at least one wazuan i know personally, have some idea, again who is "we have not heard" who is this "we", say you or 'I' have not heard sio we. I have not even requested allocation, but you will definately hear something soon. Konza is not the only place in Kenya, or globally this can be done, its just an option, because there is goodwill, and shared vision, if i dont get what i want, will look elsewhere, dont have to partner with them, even if it is politicized as a 'big allocation' i will dump konza idea straight away, no need arguing with peeps who have no vision and nothing to offer there technology wise but are greedily looking to ignorantly position themselves there to do jerk, politics and demand jobs from gava there, and ati to blindly "look for oppottunities" there . Again 1k acres in Konza is nothing in technology, it will be very exciting to Kenyans and Africans in general if and when such progress is made, lakini watazoea such "miracles".
A New Kenya
sparkly
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 8:52:50 AM

Much Know wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Much Know wrote:

I said there is some info i cant yet disclose (secret) for many reasons, and tech involves a lot of that, but a few right people even in some far countries and at least one wazuan i know personally, have some idea, again who is "we have not heard" who is this "we", say you or 'I' have not heard sio we. I have not even requested allocation, but you will definately hear something soon. Konza is not the only place in Kenya, or globally this can be done, its just an option, because there is goodwill, and shared vision, if i dont get what i want, will look elsewhere, dont have to partner with them, even if it is politicized as a 'big allocation' i will dump konza idea straight away, no need arguing with peeps who have no vision and nothing to offer there technology wise but are greedily looking to ignorantly position themselves there to do jerk, politics and demand jobs from gava there, and ati to blindly "look for oppottunities" there . Again 1k acres in Konza is nothing in technology, it will be very exciting to Kenyans and Africans in general if and when such progress is made, lakini watazoea such "miracles".

I agree with @Murchr and @Chaka. You don't know what you are talking about. The 5,000 acres will be planned, zoned and allocated to investors to put up data centres, educational, offices, residential and hotel developments.

You don't just walk in and get 1,000 acres of the city unless you are investing Trillions of Shillings and involve GOK as a main PPP partner. In this case, given GOK red tape, you are better off buying the 1,000 acres from elsewhere and developing your own private city like Renaissance's Tatu, Centum's Vipingo, Brookside's Northlands. There are numerous incentives for private cities and Special Economic Zones
Much Know
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 9:55:51 AM

sparkly wrote:
Much Know wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Much Know wrote:
Chaka wrote:

Much Know wrote:

I agree with @Murchr and @Chaka. You don't know what you are talking about. The 5,000 acres will be planned, zoned and allocated to investors to put up data centres, educational, offices, residential and hotel developments.

You don't just walk in and get 1,000 acres of the city unless you are investing Trillions of Shillings and involve GOK as a main PPP partner. In this case, given GOK red tape, you are better off buying the 1,000 acres from elsewhere and developing your own private city like Renaissance's Tatu, Centum's Vipingo, Brookside's Northlands. There are numerous incentives for private cities and Special Economic Zones

Shauri yako, basi, what can i say, go and agree with them basi we see what it will help you with, wont stop me from getting what am aiming at. Ati investors, who are these investors? Or only wazungus? The one you have ati " heard of" enda kwa wale you have heard of to put your data centers for whatever there and leave my contribution to konza alone.
A New Kenya
Much Know
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 10:03:24 AM

The vision of konza has been stated as hosting technology "knowledge industries", the knowledge economy is what will drive konza not some static ideas about " data centers", innovation is key and if you have no capacity to innovate in tech dont just talk of data centers, za nani? those are merely proposals, of a long list, anyone who has no technology based knowledge to offer konza has no idea what konza is about, i will ignore ignorant posts that lead nowhere and respond to any post that geniunly seeks knowledge on this issue, we have heard all sorts of ideas, come with yours sio kubishana ovyo tu!
A New Kenya
Much Know
#34 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 10:24:35 AM

On the issue of allocation of land, this is a decision for the Key decision makers, The President and Parliament, not wazuans and those are the people i will be seeking, this others commenting are not even worth the time i have taken to respond to.

In brief, am soon headed to konza, wait for the news on issue of our request and we want the land FREE, sio kuniambia i buy land and the land has been provided and bought by GOK for my work!!
A New Kenya
sparkly
#35 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 11:07:37 AM

Much Know wrote:
On the issue of allocation of land, this is a decision for the Key decision makers, The President and Parliament, not wazuans and those are the people i will be seeking, this others commenting are not even worth the time i have taken to respond to.

In brief, am soon headed to konza, wait for the news on issue of our request and we want the land FREE, sio kuniambia i buy land and the land has been provided and bought by GOK for my work!!

I have scoured Wazua tried to look for a meaningful contribution from you but came up with nothing. It's interesting how you came up with a plan to get 1,000 acres of Konza overnight.

Take some fanta and clear your head from delusions by whatever you consumed yesterday.
Pesa Nane
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 2:01:35 PM

Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:

What do you know about technology? Well am the one saying what i want there, keep it here and see who will rule the day, this is about vision, not silly arguments.

I do not know you.

And when i tell you it doesn't work like that I know what am talking about but I will not argue with you.

Good, don't just argue ovyo ovyo, give your points, some have said this is a white elephant, some think it is a place for assembling samsung phones, or coding for american firms the way wahindis do, or just narrowly copying what others are doing ni kama konza ni exhibition halls zaa tom mboya street, peyana mawazo zako, and lets see if you will enter konza before me, i can bet 1 million Kes. Payable by december, put your money where your mouth is or give your opinion.

Always the optimist and wishing you all the luck. Go Much know go!
#Bookmarked
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Much Know
#37 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 2:27:55 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:

I do not know you.

Always the optimist and wishing you all the luck. Go Much know go!
#Bookmarked

Thanks, smile some positive wazuans will really benefit.
A New Kenya
MugundaMan
#38 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 7:34:57 PM

sparkly wrote:

I have scoured Wazua tried to look for a meaningful contribution from you but came up with nothing. It's interesting how you came up with a plan to get 1,000 acres of Konza overnight.

Take some fanta and clear your head from delusions by whatever you consumed yesterday.

Ouch. Unnecessary roughness Laughing out loudly . Be merciful on our ambitious braddah.
Angelica _ann
#39 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 10:53:25 PM

Konza is becoming reality soon
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
Ericsson
#40 Posted : Sunday, September 02, 2018 12:05:48 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Konza is becoming reality soon

This one died a long time ago
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle