wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages123>»
Konza City - is it a good investment
Country Girl
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:10:23 PM

Hello Dear Wazuans.
I am looking for advice on Konza City. I want to buy land and build at a later stage. Land that its value will grow with time. Is it a good investment? Will Konza City really come to light? Are there any land in and around Nairobi that I could consider? Thank you in advance for your advice. I have been a silent member here at Wazua reading all the advices and warnings coming from fellow posters and I have learnt a lot.
MugundaMan
#2 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 2:44:35 AM

Karibu Wazua
Was also a silent lurker for over 10 years before I joined smile
I wont give you stori mingi...just go ahead and buy my sister. You will thank me for this advice 10 years from now. Don't let any doomsayer discourage you from doing so. Good luck!
sparkly
#3 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 8:56:23 AM

Country Girl wrote:
Hello Dear Wazuans.
I am looking for advice on Konza City. I want to buy land and build at a later stage. Land that its value will grow with time. Is it a good investment? Will Konza City really come to light? Are there any land in and around Nairobi that I could consider? Thank you in advance for your advice. I have been a silent member here at Wazua reading all the advices and warnings coming from fellow posters and I have learnt a lot.

This is what you do if you want to buy land:

1.Visit the area, see the developments in the general area, talk to locals on history and likely future of the area;

2. Visit physical planning office, check the master plan of the area ... zoning and density restrictions, main infrastructure works, public utilities etc. This will help you to narrow down on location of you investment whether agricultural, commercial, residential or industrial;

3. Get in touch with land sellers e.g land companies, agents, lawyers for details of parcels on sale;

4. Due your due diligence on the parcels on offer i.e is the title good? freehold or leasehold? any encumberances (charges to the bank) or wayleaves by Kenya Power/ National/County government? vacant or occupied? outstanding rents and rates? The seller should be able to provide documents on these matters.

5. Visit the shortlisted parcels look at general topology i.e is the area flat, hilly, rocky, swampy? This will enable you to narrow down your search to most suitable parcel. Real estate is about location, location, location.

6. Agree price and terms with seller, sign sale agreement prepared by lawyers, arrange for completion i.e exchange of purchase price and the documents of title for transfer.

When in doubt, always consult with professionals like lawyers, physical planners and land economics.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Country Girl
#4 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:26:05 AM

Thank you for your reply Mugunda man and Sparkly for your invaluable insight.

What are your views about Saccos that offer land there? I know of taqwa sacco, are they legit?
What about PRC (property reality company)? Anyone used them?
wukan
#5 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:42:32 AM

Country Girl wrote:

What are your views about Saccos that offer land there? I know of taqwa sacco, are they legit?

Save your money buy better places. Konza is a white elephant in all it's glory. It will never pick up as silicon valley and I don't know which techies would want to live there. It's a vanity project for idle GoK bureaucrats.

Those saccos are just selling you a dream. A very expensive dream
MugundaMan
#6 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 10:46:35 AM

Country Girl wrote:

Ayayaya, run baby run from anything related to PRC
In fact run from any "greenhouse" schemes. 99% of them are scams.

Do not know much about Taqua Sacco but I would definitely recommend you go with a sacco because most new estates are sacco driven; because they bring an element of controlled development with them, with most offering both commercial and residential plots in each scheme depending on what you are looking for. If you buy solo in the middle of nowhere you cannot predict who your neighbours are nor what they will build.

There are plenty of saccos and property companies selling plots in Konza. Check out reviews, ask around and do your due diligence as mentioned in great detail by Sparkly above.
sparkly
#7 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 11:16:51 AM

Country Girl wrote:

@Country Girl:
1. Follow the steps I highlighted above if you want to invest successfully.
2. There are many know-it alls but most can't tell you the extend of the city or how far it is in the implementation process.

3. There are many opportunists. Some people will sell you land "in" Konza city then you will realize the land is 100km away or that you are being sold land already zoned for roads or sewer works.
Life is short. Live passionately.
MugundaMan
#8 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 1:31:46 PM

Country girl, if you want to minimize headaches and not have to do the due diligence yourself, go with a company like Home Afrika. It's blue chip, listed and 100% above board. They use a good legal firm for all documents and titles are ready for each plot. This project is on the proposed Isinya-Konza City bypass in which most saccos dealing in Konza land have invested. They also have payment plans! Hope this helps.
hardwood
#9 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 2:56:00 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

Country girl, if you want to minimize headaches and not have to do the due diligence yourself, go with a company like Home Afrika. It's blue chip, listed and 100% above board. They use a good legal firm for all documents and titles are ready for each plot. This project is on the proposed Isinya-Konza City bypass in which most saccos dealing in Konza land have invested. They also have payment plans! Hope this helps.

So this sidai land is huko interior 10km from konza and sgr? Those must be the areas one sees zebras and wildebeests grazing.
maka
#10 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 4:34:00 PM

hardwood wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

So this sidai land is huko interior 10km from konza and sgr? Those must be the areas one sees zebras and wildebeests grazing.

He he he....
possunt quia posse videntur
MugundaMan
#11 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 4:39:39 PM

hardwood wrote:

hehehehe Kitengela CBD had zebras nearby a mere 25 years ago. In fact in estates that border old metre gauge, an occasional zebra or other wild animal has been known to wander by and cause havoc once in a long while. Hata Kisaju, 5km in you see herds upon herds of zebra and dik dik so this is nothing unusual in dustbowl. What surprises me is the local maasai seldom slaughter these animals for meat even during drought. They really are one with nature. Ubaya their goats, zebus and kondoos are the ones that wreak havoc all over the place. If it was not for their animals finishing all the grass and not giving tree seedlings room to grow, dustbowl would be a forest...as seen by "reclaimed" estates which are thriving with lots of green trees that will soon give Ngong competition.
MugundaMan
#12 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 4:42:42 PM

By the way for today's investor, Isinya-Konza bypass has more long term upside per shilling invested than the Isinya-Kiserian (being tarmacked) stretch I like IMHO
Country Girl
#13 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:12:56 PM

🤣 Thanks for the chuckle!

I'll read up on them, Mugunda man.
hardwood wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Much Know
#14 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:18:41 PM

Am headed to Konza, will be requesting an allocation of at least 1000 acres and am sure it will be approved, am mostly investing in start ups but we have a great advantage and will be kicking off with some of the biggest brands and names in technology and investment globally. As for speculating in mburotis around, this
is difficult to say. But we shall be giving several technology startups an easy through pass, think of investing with the firms that will move there.

More details over the next few weeks.
A New Kenya
murchr
#15 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:20:50 PM

Much Know wrote:
Am headed to Konza, will be requesting an allocation of at least 1000 acres and am sure it will be approved, am mostly investing in start ups but we have a great advantage and will be kicking off with some of the biggest brands and names in technology and investment globally. As for speculating in mburotis around, this
is difficult to say. But we shall be giving several technology startups an easy through pass, think of investing with the firms that will move there.

Am sorry it doesn't work like that.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Much Know
#16 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:24:58 PM

murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:

What do you know about technology? Well am the one saying what i want there, keep it here and see who will rule the day, this is about vision, not silly arguments.
A New Kenya
murchr
#17 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:30:00 PM

Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:

What do you know about technology? Well am the one saying what i want there, keep it here and see who will rule the day, this is about vision, not silly arguments.

I do not know you.

I currently work in one of the technology cities in the world right now.

And when i tell you it doesn't work like that I know what am talking about but I will not argue with you.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
MugundaMan
#18 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:42:12 PM

Much Know wrote:

But do you sayLaughing out loudly
What has all this got to do with helping Country Girl get a piece of our beautiful dust bowl?
Much Know
#19 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:45:06 PM

murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:
murchr wrote:
Much Know wrote:

I do not know you.

I currently work in one of the technology cities in the world right now.

And when i tell you it doesn't work like that I know what am talking about but I will not argue with you.

Good, don't just argue ovyo ovyo, give your points, some have said this is a white elephant, some think it is a place for assembling samsung phones, or coding for american firms the way wahindis do, or just narrowly copying what others are doing ni kama konza ni exhibition halls zaa tom mboya street, peyana mawazo zako, and lets see if you will enter konza before me, i can bet 1 million Kes. Payable by december, put your money where your mouth is or give your opinion.
A New Kenya
Much Know
#20 Posted : Friday, August 31, 2018 6:49:18 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Much Know wrote:

But do you sayLaughing out loudly
What has all this got to do with helping Country Girl get a piece of our beautiful dust bowl?

Innovation by nature portends innovative use of resources not a "choir". Am just saying konza is a good investment vision wise, what the country hoped for when they chose to pursue this vision will be soon actualized, much sooner than people think and the private sector innovators will be calling the shots, just as with silicon valley, the internet, mobile phone sector e.t.c.
A New Kenya