wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

8 Pages«<34567>»
Affordable Housing by Government of Kenya
simonkabz
#81 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:19:21 PM

For illustration purposes only: An overwhelming number of estate and feeder roads look like this in Eastlands.

Wajamaa please make me understand what this fella is trying to say. Is this acceptable anywhere?

The GoK seems to understand that Nairobi is filthy, stinking and rotten, hence the Ksh 7b meant for estate and feeder roads as part of the regeneration. But to me, that's a drop in the ocean.

Statehouse needs real advisors, not bloggers, not Runda cerelac babies. People who have seen it all in these uninhabitable, dangerous and dirty estates.

An attempt to Justify people living like animals in their own country, in a "top 10" African city is outright evil.

These factors ultimately lead to canalized traffic, dirty dusty muddy estates, health problems and low living standards. Those dirt roads are never swept.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
hardwood
#82 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:08:22 PM

simonkabz wrote:

For illustration purposes only: An overwhelming number of estate and feeder roads look like this in Eastlands.

Wajamaa please make me understand what this fella is trying to say. Is this acceptable anywhere?

The GoK seems to understand that Nairobi is filthy, stinking and rotten, hence the Ksh 7b meant for estate and feeder roads as part of the regeneration. But to me, that's a drop in the ocean.

Statehouse needs real advisors, not bloggers, not Runda cerelac babies. People who have seen it all in these uninhabitable, dangerous and dirty estates.

An attempt to Justify people living like animals in their own country, in a "top 10" African city is outright evil.

These factors ultimately lead to canalized traffic, dirty dusty muddy estates, health problems and low living standards. Those dirt roads are never swept.

When you subdivide tuplotis for sale you are supposed to provide paved roads, drainage and street lighting as one of the conditions for approval. Also surrender 10% of the land for public and social services. The mess you are witnessing up there would never have happened if the law was followed to the letter. Those roads are the responsibility of those who sold the land, not govt whether county or national. All those inner roads in eastlands, rongai, mwiki, kasarani, membley etc should have been tarmacked by the land sellers. Therefore those tenants marooned in mud should complain to their landlords who should in turn demand roads from those who sold them the land.
murchr
#83 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:09:05 PM

simonkabz wrote:

Estate/slum roads are not feeder roads they are access roads and those are handled by the county council. When an estate is planned the maps should indicate access roads and part of the monies you pay the council for property development should go into that. Infact in some instances the developers do the roads, that's how estates like South B were planned and developed (apart from Riverbank estate where the developer died and the company/son failed to fulfill that part of the bargain). Now if the council did not see to it that roads were built to access those 1/8 plots in Eastlands, who should be held responsible? Why should money be diverted to help you reach your plot from the Main Road? Watu wa Eastlands should reach out to their MCAs
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
murchr
#84 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:10:39 PM

hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

When you subdivide tuplotis for sale you are supposed to provide paved roads, drainage and street lighting as one of the conditions for approval. Also surrender 10% of the land for public and social services. The mess you are witnessing up there would never have happened if the law was followed to the letter. Those roads are the responsibility of those who sold the land, not govt whether county or national. All those inner roads in eastlands, rongai, mwiki, kasarani, membley etc should have been tarmacked by the land sellers. Therefore those tenants marooned in mud should complain to their landlords who should in turn demand roads from those who sold them the land.

Ahem!!!!
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
simonkabz
#85 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:24:17 PM

hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Mko na maneno ndugu hardwood. You are lying through the teeth.....or is that a suggestion?

Any land, carved as a road during land subdivision, automatically becomes public land and specifically, road reserve. The "divider" has zero responsibility on the said reserve. It's 100% govt responsibility to use it as it pleases..

But that is besides the point. Huko majuu mahali haka kajamaa kalitembea, did the dividers tarmac those estates? Not.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:30:45 PM

murchr wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Estate/slum roads are not feeder roads they are access roads and those are handled by the county council. When an estate is planned the maps should indicate access roads and part of the monies you pay the council for property development should go into that. Infact in some instances the developers do the roads, that's how estates like South B were planned and developed (apart from Riverbank estate where the developer died and the company/son failed to fulfill that part of the bargain). Now if the council did not see to it that roads were built to access those 1/8 plots in Eastlands, who should be held responsible? Why should money be diverted to help you reach your plot from the Main Road? Watu wa Eastlands should reach out to their MCAs

Listen here spoilt brat. I'm sure you've been to Karen and Kile and Runda. Who built that dense network of roads if not the GoK using public funds?

What pains you so much if the majority who happen to be Eastlanders get a similar treatment as the rich? What makes you think the rich deserve our money more than the poor hustlers of Eastlands? Wewe ni nogo tu.

I'd like to know where you fall in this divide you've created. Rich or hustler?
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
murchr
#87 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:48:02 PM

simonkabz wrote:
murchr wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Listen here spoilt brat. I'm sure you've been to Karen and Kile and Runda. Who built that dense network of roads if not the GoK using public funds?

What pains you so much if the majority who happen to be Eastlanders get a similar treatment as the rich? What makes you think the rich deserve our money more than the poor hustlers of Eastlands? Wewe ni nogo tu.

I'd like to know where you fall in this divide you've created. Rich or hustler?

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Wacha nicheke tu. Kweli uyajui mengi.
simonkabz
#88 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:03:33 PM

simonkabz wrote:

At the end of the day, these images are the face of Nairobi. Tupende tusipende. You cannot convince anybody out there that those poor idiots of Eastlands should have built the roads themselves.

Yet a simple Google search brings them out. Other than this boy, is there anybody else who supports this level of neglect?

We have rural roads that are barely used. The famous Nyoka Nyoka road, is so deserted you'd think you're in Somalia. Yet human beings live like this.

It's the same story with Ruiru, Juja, Thika, Witeithie. People live like animals in some of these so called towns. Nothing to smile about.

I belong to the group that can afford fairly decent livelihood. But if this is the casual attitude we treat fellow struggling Kenyans, we're going nowhere.

Can wazua's give their input tusikie, maybe I care too much about backwardness.........
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
hardwood
#89 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:05:54 PM

simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Mko na maneno ndugu hardwood. You are lying through the teeth.....or is that a suggestion?

Any land, carved as a road during land subdivision, automatically becomes public land and specifically, road reserve. The "divider" has zero responsibility on the said reserve. It's 100% govt responsibility to use it as it pleases..

But that is besides the point. Huko majuu mahali haka kajamaa kalitembea, did the dividers tarmac those estates? Not.

Just because people do things the juakali way doesn't mean that is what the law says. Land sold is required by law to be serviced. Serviced with roads, drainage, street lighting, sewer etc. By road they mean a proper surfaced road (tarmac, cabro etc), not a road on a map. If land sellers/developers in upmarket areas provide roads and other services, same should be made mandatory in eastlands?

simonkabz
#90 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:10:20 PM

I'm beginning t understand why things are the way they are. We simply accept low standards and even give excuses for filth.

For me, it's an eye opener how things are arrived at up there. We are a sick people, we deserve the sickness, we deserve the filth and low HDI.

I just happen to be an unlucky observer in a country full of shit. Luckily, I've been to far far shittier countries, all in Africa.

Mwafrika ni nugu.

https://media.giphy.com/...5yPuqn9vIGL84/giphy.gif
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#91 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:15:36 PM

hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
hardwood wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

Just because people do things the juakali way doesn't mean that is what the law says. Land sold is required by law to be serviced. Serviced with roads, drainage, street lighting, sewer etc. By road they mean a proper surfaced road (tarmac, cabro etc), not a road on a map. If land sellers/developers in upmarket areas provide roads and other services, same should be made mandatory in eastlands?

Which law obligates any individual to do roads on publicly owned road reserves? The law demands that you subdivide your land, take your plots and f*** off. Leave public land to the GoK.

I know of 3 instances where residents attempted to do their estate roads in Kiambu, during Kabogo's reign if terror. The fellow asked for massive kickbacks, bigger than the intended cost of the works.

Ndindi Nyoro: We are Africans and Africa is our business 😹
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
hardwood
#92 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:36:13 PM

@simonkabz

This a typical "kaploti for sale" advert in the west. All roads, street lighting, water, drainage should be in place when you are selling. And that is where we borrowed our laws from. The land seller/developer should surrender a paved road to the govt, not a road reserve.

https://www.realestate.c...glenmore-park-600018042

simonkabz
#93 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:44:33 PM

Quote:
There's urgent need for the light rail system.......but who told the people of Nairobi (clueless middle-class) and most if not all Govt policy makers that Matatus are the problem?

Here's what I know on matters transport in the city:
40% - Matatus
40% - Walking
5% or less - Train
5% or less - Boda boda
10% - PERSONAL fkcin CARS.

Only 10% of the travelers clog the roads all day long. Matatus are not, have never been, and will never be the problem, even 14 seaters. What lacks is oversight on the matatu crews. We have no body mandated to ruthlessly keep these crazies in check (we killed NTSA, but in any case, NTSA was also clueless, and cannibalized itself by targeting private motorists). Forget about the Kiganjo alumni.

If I were Unye, I'd get NTSA back on the roads, with strict instructions of streamlining public & commercial transport, by way of focusing on the crews and not punishing vehicle owners.....starting with Nairobi. Very doable, and sustainable.

Over time I have consolidated, in my mind, what I think are very practical and rather obvious solutions. In a nutshell:

1. Light rail or tram system covering all the densely populated estates and wherever most cars crawl from.

2. A body over-sighting matatu crews to very strict standards. State owned buses is just another loss making and thieving scam waiting to happen.

3. Feeder roads interconnecting major roads and estates.

4. Endeavour to totally eliminate DUST and MUD on the estate roads, which will encourage WALKING (to work or to the nearest Matatu terminus). Mtu akitoka kwa nyumba apana kanyanga matope na vumbi, otherwise itabidi atoke na gari.

5. Massive investment in sidewalks. We have been doing them as a by-the-way, to very low standards, and they barely last 2 years.

The very beginning.

Wazuans, toeni maoni hapa. This is where it all started.

To develop a city, it will require a multifaceted approach. Not just a tram as is being suggested, and which I in fact support. Many remedies. And we shall end up with a city we can be proud of. A tram complimented by a BRT and a disciplined matatu system. And of course, the rest of the points as illuminated by yours truly.

You want people to walk to the tram/matatu terminus, do the estate roads so that the residents who bring their cars to town, walk to the terminus with no worry of soiling themselves. Etc etc.

A tram/light rail alone cannot be a panacea kind of solution, but attacking the problem from multiple fronts might bear fruits..... .
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#94 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:50:01 PM

hardwood wrote:
@simonkabz

This a typical "kaploti for sale" advert in the west. All roads, street lighting, water, drainage should be in place when you are selling. And that is where we borrowed our laws from. The land seller/developer should surrender a paved road to the govt, not a road reserve.

https://www.realestate.c...glenmore-park-600018042

My brother hardwood, I equate that to tatu city. A project designed to maximize profits.

In Kenya, and I say again, in Kenya, there's no such requirements.

You take your plots, for which you get your titles for, and move on. Then wait for the likes of this murchr fella to come and defecate on the poor buyers, it's non of your problem.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
hardwood
#95 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:51:35 PM

Another kaploti for sale. Maguta maguta. Fully serviced. As you can see, roads come first. Not kupeleka a road grader to the site and clear some shrubs then you call it a road as our kaploti sellers do.

https://realtyww.info/la...e-in-vinita-ok_i2598692

Plot size - 1/4 acre

Cost - only USD 18k (Ksh 1.8m) NB in Kenya kwa bypass 50x100 is going for >10m!

Location. Kiashland Oklahoma

Gathige
#96 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:55:50 PM

simonkabz wrote:
Quote:
There's urgent need for the light rail system.......but who told the people of Nairobi (clueless middle-class) and most if not all Govt policy makers that Matatus are the problem?

40% - Matatus
40% - Walking
5% or less - Train
5% or less - Boda boda

Only 10% of the travelers clog the roads all day long. Matatus are not, have never been, and will never be the problem, even 14 seaters. What lacks is oversight on the matatu crews. We have no body mandated to ruthlessly keep these crazies in check (we killed NTSA, but in any case, NTSA was also clueless, and cannibalized itself by targeting private motorists). Forget about the Kiganjo alumni.

If I were Unye, I'd get NTSA back on the roads, with strict instructions of streamlining public & commercial transport, by way of focusing on the crews and not punishing vehicle owners.....starting with Nairobi. Very doable, and sustainable.

Over time I have consolidated, in my mind, what I think are very practical and rather obvious solutions. In a nutshell:

1. Light rail or tram system covering all the densely populated estates and wherever most cars crawl from.

2. A body over-sighting matatu crews to very strict standards. State owned buses is just another loss making and thieving scam waiting to happen.

4. Endeavour to totally eliminate DUST and MUD on the estate roads, which will encourage WALKING (to work or to the nearest Matatu terminus). Mtu akitoka kwa nyumba apana kanyanga matope na vumbi, otherwise itabidi atoke na gari.

5. Massive investment in sidewalks. We have been doing them as a by-the-way, to very low standards, and they barely last 2 years.

The very beginning.

To develop a city, it will require a multifaceted approach. Not just a tram as is being suggested, and which I in fact support. Many remedies. And we shall end up with a city we can be proud of. A tram complimented by a BRT and a disciplined matatu system. And of course, the rest of the points as illuminated by yours truly.

You want people to walk to the tram/matatu terminus, do the estate roads so that the residents who bring their cars to town, walk to the terminus with no worry of soiling themselves. Etc etc.

A tram/light rail alone cannot be a panacea kind of solution, but attacking the problem from multiple fronts might bear fruits..... .

Trying to Fix Nairobi is like trying converting a pig sty into a Palace. The rot/decay is just too much. It would be much easier to plan a new city in a place somewhere in Machakos or Kajiado County where everything can be make right from the start and there is plenty of land.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least." Goethe
simonkabz
#97 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:58:08 PM

hardwood wrote:
Another kaploti for sale. Maguta maguta. Fully serviced. As you can see, roads come first. Not kupeleka a road grader to the site and clear some shrubs then you call it a road as our kaploti sellers do.

https://realtyww.info/la...e-in-vinita-ok_i2598692

I consider myself a very caring person, but ata hiyo grader sioni nikileta my fren. That's not my responsibility, and if I happen to do it, it will be merely for value addition and profit maximization.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
simonkabz
#98 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:01:38 PM

Gathige wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
Quote:

40% - Matatus
40% - Walking
5% or less - Train
5% or less - Boda boda

The very beginning.

Trying to Fix Nairobi is like trying converting a pig sty into a Palace. The rot/decay is just too much. It would be much easier to plan a new city in a place somewhere in Machakos or Kajiado County where everything can be make right from the start and there is plenty of land.

Fixing Nairobi is pretty simple where I sit. Start by fixing the estate roads like the county and GoK are doing, but in a much larger scale.

It starts by identifying the real problem. To me. The real problem is Nairobi has no estate roads, no sidewalks, no drainage no gabbage collection, no feeder roads, no interchanges comparable to Addis or the dense Indian roads, no Mass transport system, indisciplined PSV crews . Etc etc. Nairobi can be salvaged.

But the biggest problem in actual fact is, there are people giving excuses for this madness. And they are in GoK.

We're doomed people. 100% f***ed when statehouse starts giving such sickening excuses over stuff we can overcome.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
hardwood
#99 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:17:32 PM

simonkabz wrote:
simonkabz wrote:

At the end of the day, these images are the face of Nairobi. Tupende tusipende. You cannot convince anybody out there that those poor idiots of Eastlands should have built the roads themselves.

Yet a simple Google search brings them out. Other than this boy, is there anybody else who supports this level of neglect?

We have rural roads that are barely used. The famous Nyoka Nyoka road, is so deserted you'd think you're in Somalia. Yet human beings live like this.

It's the same story with Ruiru, Juja, Thika, Witeithie. People live like animals in some of these so called towns. Nothing to smile about.

I belong to the group that can afford fairly decent livelihood. But if this is the casual attitude we treat fellow struggling Kenyans, we're going nowhere.

Can wazua's give their input tusikie, maybe I care too much about backwardness.........

Seriously, cant those landlords in those lanes changa and buy maybe 10 lorries of murram (50k) and nyorosha the lane and make the place a bit presentable. At the end the day they are the losers coz of lack of tenants or poor rents. They could also changa and do cabro. Ama they will wait forever for sirkal saidia as they lose cash?
murchr
#100 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:23:52 PM

Gathige wrote:
simonkabz wrote:
Quote:

40% - Matatus
40% - Walking
5% or less - Train
5% or less - Boda boda

The very beginning.

Aha....Even the sewer system cannot handle the capacity