wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Can our Kenyan fundis build something like this?
MugundaMan
#41 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:42:43 PM

wukan wrote:
Quote:
The average size of a home loan advanced by Kenyan banks has risen by nearly Sh2 million in one year to hit Sh10.9 million, locking even more borrowers out of the housing market.

The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) sector report released Tuesday says the mortgage increase was mainly driven by a rise in house prices last year.

The average value of a mortgage taken in the year to June 2017 stood at Sh9.1 million, indicating a 19.8 per cent increase in the period.

This puts the average monthly repayment for the Sh10.9 million loan at about Sh150,000, if the mortgage is taken at the current interest rate of 13 per cent.

https://www.businessdail...23420-hb7d7m/index.html

Our real estate is now 100,000 USD. Your kids will really have to work hard in future to afford rent.

How so when we are busy investing in the dustbowl you hate with a passion and beyond? Drool #Inheritance. Rent is for those full of fear about developing or owning property in this here our beautiful country in their lifetime. 98% of Kenyans build cash over time #NoMortgage. Research the number of total mortgages in the whole country if you disagree with me.

Angelica _ann
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 1:56:49 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:
Quote:
The average size of a home loan advanced by Kenyan banks has risen by nearly Sh2 million in one year to hit Sh10.9 million, locking even more borrowers out of the housing market.

The Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) sector report released Tuesday says the mortgage increase was mainly driven by a rise in house prices last year.

The average value of a mortgage taken in the year to June 2017 stood at Sh9.1 million, indicating a 19.8 per cent increase in the period.

This puts the average monthly repayment for the Sh10.9 million loan at about Sh150,000, if the mortgage is taken at the current interest rate of 13 per cent.

Our real estate is now 100,000 USD. Your kids will really have to work hard in future to afford rent.

How so when we are busy investing in the dustbowl you hate with a passion and beyond? Drool #Inheritance. Rent is for those full of fear about developing or owning property in this here our beautiful country in their lifetime. 98% of Kenyans build cash over time #NoMortgage. Research the number of total mortgages in the whole country if you disagree with me.

Good to invest but not for inheritance. Your dreams are not necessarily your children's dream. Ask some of us!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
MugundaMan
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 2:17:35 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:
Quote:

Good to invest but not for inheritance. Your dreams are not necessarily your children's dream. Ask some of us!!!

You must be one very cruel mama to your totos. Watoto wangu watakula matunda ya uhuru na kazi yangu. Rent and school fees are two things they will never cry about for the rest of their lives God willing. Everything else shauri yao they are on their own.
iris
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:25:19 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:
Quote:

You must be one very cruel mama to your totos. Watoto wangu watakula matunda ya uhuru na kazi yangu. Rent and school fees are two things they will never cry about for the rest of their lives God willing. Everything else shauri yao they are on their own.

@Mugundaman, Angelica_ann has a very valid point, tho I suspect you did not get it all. I hope your children are already old enough
for you to know their dreams and that they will not run through their inheritance in no time; then scrap for rent and school fees
MugundaMan
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:54:43 PM

iris wrote:

@Mugundaman, Angelica_ann has a very valid point, tho I suspect you did not get it all. I hope your children are already old enough
for you to know their dreams and that they will not run through their inheritance in no time; then scrap for rent and school fees

Iris,
Since when did kids in an entire country come in one size fits all personality (all squanderers, for example) smile . I got her point very well. If you and her have trained yours to be financially illiterate squanderers, please do not prescribe the same for some of us! Kila mtu alee watoto wake anavyotaka, sio?
Angelica _ann
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:01:33 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
iris wrote:

Iris,
Since when did kids in an entire country come in one size fits all personality (all squanderers, for example) smile . I got her point very well. If you and her have trained yours to be financially illiterate squanderers, please do not prescribe the same for some of us! Kila mtu alee watoto wake anavyotaka, sio?

2 things; one school fees is not inheritance and the other is the word i used is not necessarily. I can assure you that not all your kids will treat your investment the same way you are doing it now and you would expect them to do then .... 30 years to come. In anycase investment horizon changes and your type of investment now might not be as relevant then as they are now. They will sell the apartments & put the money into better smile use.

Not even your kids will be cut from the same cloth. Know that now, it will help you in the future in molding them as they are.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:09:53 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
iris wrote:

Iris,

2 things; one school fees is not inheritance and the other is the word i used is not necessarily. I can assure you that not all your kids will treat your investment the say way you are doing it now and you would expect them to do then .... 30 years to come. In anycase investment horizon changes and your type of investment now might not be as relevant then as they are now. They will sell the apartments & put the money into better smile use.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gnt10R89W74

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
MugundaMan
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 9:00:10 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
iris wrote:

Iris,

2 things; one school fees is not inheritance and the other is the word i used is not necessarily. I can assure you that not all your kids will treat your investment the same way you are doing it now and you would expect them to do then .... 30 years to come. In anycase investment horizon changes and your type of investment now might not be as relevant then as they are now. They will sell the apartments & put the money into better smile use.

Not even your kids will be cut from the same cloth. Know that now, it will help you in the future in molding them as they are.

Angelica,
Clearly you might never have heard of the Mayer Amschel Rothschild and his kids Laughing out loudly
Mtoto umelavyo ndiyo akuavyo. If one teaches kids that maisha is pata potea, not to jipanga and finances and horizons change then why act surprised when they grow up to sell apartments to buy designer handbags, worthless trinkets and luxury cars as "better" investments :). In 99% of these cases either the parent has zero financial acumen or was so busy using their acumen that they forgot to impart it in practice with their children. Since when since the beginning of time did real estate - owning vs renting - "go out of fashion"? Wake me up when that happens.

Angelica _ann
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 9:23:55 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
iris wrote:

Iris,

Angelica,
Clearly you might never have heard of the Mayer Amschel Rothschild and his kids Laughing out loudly
Mtoto umelavyo ndiyo akuavyo. If one teaches kids that maisha is pata potea, not to jipanga and finances and horizons change then why act surprised when they grow up to sell apartments to buy designer handbags, worthless trinkets and luxury cars as "better" investments :). In 99% of these cases either the parent has zero financial acumen or was so busy using their acumen that they forgot to impart it in practice with their children. Since when since the beginning of time did real estate - owning vs renting - "go out of fashion"? Wake me up when that happens.

By the way am amused at your comments. You seem to have too young kids to understand what am saying. As a check & balance, your siblings & you could have been raised by same parent(s), do you have similar (and not same) focus and is that synchronized with your parents?

Ok, GL!!!
MugundaMan
#50 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 9:53:47 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:

By the way am amused at your comments. You seem to have too young kids to understand what am saying. As a check & balance, your siblings & you could have been raised by same parent(s), do you have similar (and not same) focus and is that synchronized with your parents?

Ok, GL!!!

Angelica,

I am glad my comments amuse yousmile . To answer your question yes, my siblings and I were raised by the same parents who taught us several things
1. They emphasised education, planning, working hard and avoiding bad company
2. They taught us not to be wakora slashing people with pangas and ending up in Kamiti
3. They taught us that even after education, life and learning is just beginning

and so much more. That was their focus

As a result of this
1. All the siblings got educated to uni
2. None of the siblings are wakora in kamiti

Why is it so hard for you to admit that mtoto umleavyo ndiye akuavyo?

If you teach your kids to be financially literate from the cradle. To earn their keep. To save. To be risk takers. How to invest from a very young age and so on. And you drum it in them daily, how on earth will they all of a sudden grow up to be financial illiterates who do not value owning property, investing or starting a business? In fact they will have more acumen than some of us as it has been drummed in them from the jump.

Does this mean they will all become business-people or real estate will be their profession without exception? Of course not. But, at the minimum, regardless of what field they join, they will be financially literate, which means they will not be scratching their heads in amazement and wonder, not knowing what to do, when daddy gives them a small boost by leaving them a maisonette or apartment with which to start and build their future life upon once they finish uni :)

Angelica _ann
#51 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 10:34:21 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Ok, GL!!!

Angelica,

I am glad my comments amuse yousmile . To answer your question yes, my siblings and I were raised by the same parents who taught us several things
2. They taught us not to be wakora slashing people with pangas and ending up in Kamiti
3. They taught us that even after education, life and learning is just beginning

As a result of this

If you teach your kids to be financially literate from the cradle. To earn their keep. To save. To be risk takers. How to invest from a very young age and so on. And you drum it in them daily, how on earth will they all of a sudden grow up to be financial illiterates who do not value owning property, investing or starting a business? In fact they will have more acumen than some of us as it has been drummed in them from the jump.

Does this mean they will all become business-people or real estate will be their profession without exception? Of course not. But, at the minimum, regardless of what field they join, they will be financially literate, which means they will not be scratching their heads in amazement and wonder, not knowing what to do, when daddy gives them a small boost by leaving them a maisonette or apartment with which to start and build their future life upon once they finish uni :)

You have not answered a major part of the discussion. Not being Wakora doesn't mean synchronized orientation or focus for the siblings. All/majority can make it in life. But they will never align their ambition & generally strategy read again strategy to that of their parents.

The global environment also change over time.
MugundaMan
#52 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 5:41:34 AM

Back to topic
Obiero toa maoni. I am thinking of incorporating these design elements into future projects.

tony stark
#53 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 5:59:19 AM

@Angelica ... Hapa you won't get through. @MugundaMan is an late 8-4-4 product when critical thinking and abstract thinking were finally abolished in the system.
@MugundaMan .... I agree mtoto umleavyo ndiye akuavyo?. 100 points for you. Do you have any more sayings we can bold??

MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Ok, GL!!!

Angelica,

As a result of this

MugundaMan
#54 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 7:01:45 AM

tony stark wrote:
@Angelica ... Hapa you won't get through. @MugundaMan is an late 8-4-4 product when critical thinking and abstract thinking were finally abolished in the system.
@MugundaMan .... I agree mtoto umleavyo ndiye akuavyo?. 100 points for you. Do you have any more sayings we can bold??

I do. Check out what 60 years of 7-6-2 abstract thinking and dazzling genius gave us Laughing out loudly

tony stark
#55 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:01:14 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
tony stark wrote:

I do. Check out what 60 years of 7-6-2 abstract thinking and dazzling genius gave us Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
You are Mathare type SPECIO!! <Do not bold>

simonkabz
#56 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:12:00 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
iris wrote:

Iris,

Angelica,

Ok, GL!!!

Remember QW? Naona kama amefufuka. The prose and temperament are eerily similar.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
Monk
#57 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:34:37 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
iris wrote:

Iris,

Angelica,

Ok, GL!!!

Remember QW? Naona kama amefufuka. The prose and temperament are eerily similar.

The situation Koffi Anan faced in Kenya in 2008...

wukan
#58 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 11:20:42 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
wukan wrote:
Quote:

@mugundaman, yesterday I came across a KTN news feature Area Code Syokimau. I thought the place was better than your dustbowl until I saw the mess there-folks are building commercial buildings next to bungalows, no sewer so the effluent is just being pumped out, no roads. The former mayor of mavoko is the current MP says the devolved govt is just plain stupidity they can't even control development. Look for the youtube and post it here
wukan
#59 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 11:28:28 AM

simonkabz wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
iris wrote:

Iris,

Angelica,

Ok, GL!!!

Wachaneni na @mugundaman, he is supplying some of the best discussions on wazua on real estate. please don't chase him awayPray Pray Pray
Pesa Nane
#60 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 11:46:03 AM

wukan wrote:

@mugundaman, yesterday I came across a KTN news feature Area Code Syokimau. I thought the place was better than your dustbowl until I saw the mess there-folks are building commercial buildings next to bungalows, no sewer so the effluent is just being pumped out, no roads. The former mayor of mavoko is the current MP says the devolved govt is just plain stupidity they can't even control development. Look for the youtube and post it here

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.