wazua Fri, Mar 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages123>»
Can our Kenyan fundis build something like this?
MugundaMan
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 8:38:40 AM

I highly doubt it my broda, but I could be wrong. The problem with our local fundis is that no matter how good your design is, after they lay their hands on it it always ends up looking something like this;

i.e product of a diseased mind and cursed hands. #Sad
kayhara
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 9:17:36 AM

That's because many Kenyan clients kick out the architect and engineer after approvals, management during construction is crucial to getting the end results that's why you see very beautiful renders but very shoddy buildings, another thing is the client giving instructions directly to the contractor/ fundi which end up messing the building, limited budgets also kill many dreams,visit Vipingo ridge and see quality work, even Mombasa where clients left everything the architect.
To Each His Own
MugundaMan
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 2:36:15 PM

kayhara wrote:
That's because many Kenyan clients kick out the architect and engineer after approvals, management during construction is crucial to getting the end results that's why you see very beautiful renders but very shoddy buildings, another thing is the client giving instructions directly to the contractor/ fundi which end up messing the building, limited budgets also kill many dreams,visit Vipingo ridge and see quality work, even Mombasa where clients left everything the architect.

I think also the level of training of fundis is wanting. Most people view mjengo jobs and skilled trades as those for dropouts and failures in life, hence the low levels of motivation and skills. Government needs to upgrade and standardise the training of these fundis in technical schools so that we get better quality buildings across the board. Some of these buildings are like tombs. If I lived in them I would probably be depressed whenever it was time to go home.

maka
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:05:47 PM

It's possible...
possunt quia posse videntur
wukan
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:22:12 PM

Best local fundis are from huko Nyanza-they are very keen on details
obiero
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:53:35 PM

MugundaMan wrote:

I highly doubt it my broda, but I could be wrong. The problem with our local fundis is that no matter how good your design is, after they lay their hands on it it always ends up looking something like this;

I believe with proper landscaping and lighting similar to photo 1, the second house isn't poorly designed or much less appealing

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
MugundaMan
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 5:48:48 PM

obiero wrote:

I believe with proper landscaping and lighting similar to photo 1, the second house isn't poorly designed or much less appealing

Uwongo mtupu my broda Laughing out loudly
How now?
Look at the tumi-misshapen arches, terribly sharp corners and lack of symmetry. Haiwezimek kabisa kabisa no matter how good the landscaping. Let's be honest, if both were being sold for the same price we all know which one would sell faster.
Fullykenyan
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:18:43 PM

kayhara wrote:

Boss, there is very little information online about Vipingo Ridge? how much does an acre go for, or do they sell minimum ten acres? :)
Do they have amenities like Hospitals, ama one has to go all the way to mombasa? Will appreciate if you share some information if you can. Thanks in advance
kayhara
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 8:05:51 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
kayhara wrote:

Boss, there is very little information online about Vipingo Ridge? how much does an acre go for, or do they sell minimum ten acres? :)
Do they have amenities like Hospitals, ama one has to go all the way to mombasa? Will appreciate if you share some information if you can. Thanks in advance

Minimum is quarter acre , last time i went there they were selling some for 13 million much lower as you enter,they also have some nice houses, but I wouldn't advise anyone to buy in Vipingo standing charge is has been lowered to 48,000/-
only, if you can afford well and good, but the fundis doing houses there are just local fundis with serious supervision you get quality work, and kenyan clients don't be afraid to bomoa if you feel a better job can be done somewhere, sometimes what looks good on paper end up looking bad when built, especially toilets most people just say it's okay ishanjengwa .
To Each His Own
hardwood
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:42:32 AM

MugundaMan wrote:
obiero wrote:

Uwongo mtupu my broda Laughing out loudly
How now?
Look at the tumi-misshapen arches, terribly sharp corners and lack of symmetry. Haiwezimek kabisa kabisa no matter how good the landscaping. Let's be honest, if both were being sold for the same price we all know which one would sell faster.

@obiero is right. We are very poor when it comes to landscaping. For some landscaping means filling the whole compound with cabro, and then they complain about the lack of greenery in the city.
chiaroscuro
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:40:12 AM

MugundaMan wrote:

You are comparing a completed house to one that is still under construction

Now fair.
MugundaMan
#12 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 1:13:07 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:

Now fair.

I think I know your style (below) kindogo kindogo kiasi kiasi. Sindio?

Swenani
#13 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:36:17 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Now fair.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Is that a storey toilet?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
muandiwambeu
#14 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:47:49 PM

chiaroscuro wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:

Now NOT fair.

I concur too, I also believe that @ mugundaman did shoplift a drawing from some place and supervised himself. What symetry is that which asymetrically I can not see that is aggrieving this wazuan.
I did that complete unit and am not in @mugundaman payroll, who is this gentleman consulting with๐Ÿ˜Ž
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
MugundaMan
#15 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:36:05 PM

Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Now fair.

Is that a storey toilet?

Nope. Cutting edge architecture that someone probably paid 10 metre+ for smile
maka
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:39:32 PM

MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Now fair.

Is that a storey toilet?

10m...Hiyo ni pesa ya corruptionLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
possunt quia posse videntur
muandiwambeu
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:54:10 PM

maka wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Now fair.

Is that a storey toilet?

Or somebody offloaded a heavy weight. ๐Ÿค”
,Behold, a sower went forth to sow;....
tycho
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:08:01 PM

There's a level of workmanship that the Kenyan fundi can't attain under present circumstances. Reason being that fundi has no moral principle enshrined in his practice.

Masons and technical personnel used to be part of guilds, and these guilds had deeper ethical structures that the further back in history we find them as the elite of a society(there may have been a detour from ancient Egypt towards the Mediterranean and away from most of the African mainland). But even when we look at the traditional African architecture we find ontology and ethic being woven into resultant structures.

But with colonization, architecture lost most of its authenticity. Masons became the less educated and cared for members of our society. And then we go all the way down.
Angelica _ann
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:32:12 PM

How do you expect our fundis to do great jobs yet you don't give then space to breathe or hata kujikuna?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
obiero
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:20:02 PM

muandiwambeu wrote:
maka wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
Swenani wrote:
MugundaMan wrote:
chiaroscuro wrote:

Now fair.

Is that a storey toilet?

Or somebody offloaded a heavy weight. ๐Ÿค”

Someone built a house and lives in it.. Cha muhimu ni uhai

HF 428,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45