wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages«<345
Why can't we just move the river!!
Angelica _ann
#81 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 7:36:43 PM

murchr wrote:

Ata Hazina estate? What has been going on there?

Ati further tests, avenue for eating kabsaa!!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
kaka2za
#82 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 8:56:21 PM

Governor Waititu has proposed Christmas day be moved to 8th January.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
hardwood
#83 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 9:02:26 PM

Sansa wrote:
murchr wrote:

Even if there was a follow up phonecall telling him to bring the million the "act" of bribing is the crime not the conversation(s). In the west, law enforcement usually use bait to catch criminals. They lure would be terrorists to act on stuff they post in forums or social media, they place bait cars in areas prone of crime to see who will show up to steal and catch them in the act etc. So the "aliniambia nilete" issue is just talk the act or giving or receiving is what is criminal.

In this case wouldn't his defense be that he was entrapped? Do we have entrapment laws?

Ezekiel Mutua told us that you can't record someone without a licence from the Kenya Film Board.
obiero
#84 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:56:50 PM

hardwood wrote:
Sansa wrote:
murchr wrote:

Even if there was a follow up phonecall telling him to bring the million the "act" of bribing is the crime not the conversation(s). In the west, law enforcement usually use bait to catch criminals. They lure would be terrorists to act on stuff they post in forums or social media, they place bait cars in areas prone of crime to see who will show up to steal and catch them in the act etc. So the "aliniambia nilete" issue is just talk the act or giving or receiving is what is criminal.

In this case wouldn't his defense be that he was entrapped? Do we have entrapment laws?

Ezekiel Mutua told us that you can't record someone without a licence from the Kenya Film Board.

Heck he could even state that it's money he came to collect from Sonko to go change into USD for onward distribution to drug dealers in Mexico.. Muddy everything up

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Monk
#85 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:15:10 PM

masukuma wrote:
People never see capital as a collective thing - narrow myopic brains see it as belonging to the person who has broken the law. Considering that "the law" is actually another made up thing. Anyway... my point is - you don't have to destroy capital to punish the transgressor.

I share your view on this one. I'm also aware of how hard a sell it is. Once you used the words "narrow myopic brains", I suspect you lost your chance you get your points listened to.

Nevertheless, I know the fear of loosing capital as an investor. I've dealt with the GOK long enough to know that everything I've accumulated over the years could be wiped out overnight. I've also seen the impact of capital flight on other countries's economies. I would hate to see the same happen here, should investors start seeing the country as getting too risky to invest in.
masukuma
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:46:52 PM

Monk wrote:
masukuma wrote:
People never see capital as a collective thing - narrow myopic brains see it as belonging to the person who has broken the law. Considering that "the law" is actually another made up thing. Anyway... my point is - you don't have to destroy capital to punish the transgressor.

I share your view on this one. I'm also aware of how hard a sell it is. Once you used the words "narrow myopic brains", I suspect you lost your chance you get your points listened to.

Nevertheless, I know the fear of loosing capital as an investor. I've dealt with the GOK long enough to know that everything I've accumulated over the years could be wiped out overnight. I've also seen the impact of capital flight on other countries's economies. I would hate to see the same happen here, should investors start seeing the country as getting too risky to invest in.

It's the mentality that Nyeri woman had when she discovered that the husband who she had long dismissed as being "useless" had condoms in his wallet meaning that he was just useless to her then she chopped off the "transformer". Kama sipati hakuna mtu anapata - wacha ipotee!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#87 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 1:40:58 PM

masukuma wrote:
Monk wrote:
masukuma wrote:

It's the mentality that Nyeri woman had when she discovered that the husband who she had long dismissed as being "useless" had condoms in his wallet meaning that he was just useless to her then she chopped off the "transformer". Kama sipati hakuna mtu anapata - wacha ipotee!

Yes that's the Waititu thinking. Just move the ruver6
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore