wazua Thu, May 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<12345>
Why can't we just move the river!!
mpobiz
#41 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 10:26:17 AM

[quote=T-Bag]Authorities to Taj Mall owners: Bring it down in two weeks
Read more at: https://www.standardmedi...ng-it-down-in-two-weeks

This Indian Taj Mall owner can go to hell, this kind of arrogance must be arrested ASAP. I dont think any African would speak so rudely to Indian authorities if they built on road reserves in Delhi. I can only imagine how rude he is to his employees !

https://twitter.com/citi...tus/1030023458846064640[/quote]

he is 100% Kenyan and so he is speaking to his own governments officials. Hata wewe your ancestor must have migrated from some other part of Africa to finally settle in this land now you call Kenya. Or else proof to us that your great grand father was zinjanthropus whose remains were found along magadi road then we will belive you are original Kenyan.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
Swenani
#42 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 11:48:49 AM

deadpoet wrote:
Stopping of Avic towers is ridiculous. Do they plan on blowing up seven high-rise towers because of sidewalks the contractors were forced to build in the first place?

If they have encroached on public land, why can't it be demolished?
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
deadpoet
#43 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 11:59:52 AM

Swenani wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
Stopping of Avic towers is ridiculous. Do they plan on blowing up seven high-rise towers because of sidewalks the contractors were forced to build in the first place?

The keyword there is 'if'.

There are still plenty of buildings across Nairobi with the dreaded red 'x' on them that are still standing. Why all the gusto to go after one of the city's largest real estate developments first? I don't know how vital the Chiromo feeder road is, but I'm yet to hear of a complaint from any pedestrian/road user. Besides, I'd venture to say that the contractor probably had plans to improve the road(s) once construction was done.
wukan
#44 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 12:18:42 PM

Swenani wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

Not to worry Sonko is currently eating humble pie as construction work resumes. Shamba la mawe Nairobi ina wenyewesmile smile
hardwood
#45 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 12:32:51 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Swenani wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

There are still plenty of buildings across Nairobi with the dreaded red 'x' on them that are still standing. Why all the gusto to go after one of the city's largest real estate developments first? I don't know how vital the Chiromo feeder road is, but I'm yet to hear of a complaint from any pedestrian/road user. Besides, I'd venture to say that the contractor probably had plans to improve the road(s) once construction was done.

One should restrict their construction activities to within their plot, not encroaching on neighbours land or public spaces. It doesn't matter how big or small your project is. Or whether the encroached road is busy or not. Or whether the public complains or not.
hardwood
#46 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 12:40:33 PM

The river is not moving....

wukan
#47 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 12:53:43 PM

hardwood wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
Swenani wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

One should restrict their construction activities to within their plot, not encroaching on neighbours land or public spaces. It doesn't matter how big or small your project is. Or whether the encroached road is busy or not. Or whether the public complains or not.

No there is something called a traffic management plan for the big projects. Developers takes some public land(chiromo close) then offer to better the roads in the surrounding areas(westlands road) to accommodate the project. Developer's discuss these things with the planning department. That's how it's done in global cities.
Lolest!
#48 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 5:46:14 PM

14 Riverside on Riparian land; to be demolished

https://www.businessdail..._twitter_impression=true
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
murchr
#49 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 5:51:55 PM

wukan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
Swenani wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

No there is something called a traffic management plan for the big projects. Developers takes some public land(chiromo close) then offer to better the roads in the surrounding areas(westlands road) to accommodate the project. Developer's discuss these things with the planning department. That's how it's done in global cities.

If they are legit, why did the contractor feel that they have to pay a bribe?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
newfarer
#50 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 6:56:25 PM

move the ocean too

https://mobile.nation.co.ke
punda amecheka
murchr
#51 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 7:23:52 PM

newfarer wrote:
move the ocean too

You can reclaim land from the sea
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
deadpoet
#52 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 7:29:06 PM

murchr wrote:
wukan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
Swenani wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

Alleged bribe...

Also remember, the owners of Kempinsky used all the resources at their disposal to halt the project, and managed to delay construction for almost two years. If there had been any impropriety, it would have come to light then, imho
Njunge
#53 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 7:34:45 PM

murchr wrote:
newfarer wrote:
move the ocean too

Weston 2. Guarded by Prison guards. hehehe.....haka kata-grab hata Indian Ocean?
murchr
#54 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 8:15:28 PM

Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:
newfarer wrote:
move the ocean too

Weston 2. Guarded by Prison guards. hehehe.....haka kata-grab hata Indian Ocean?

Kama nema imekubali ni sawa

This is reclaimed land in Dubai
wukan
#55 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 8:45:07 PM

murchr wrote:
wukan wrote:
hardwood wrote:
deadpoet wrote:
Swenani wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

Building construction everywhere whether New york or Mumbai is notorious for shake downs. Anyone doing a serious project has dealt with Kathenge and his boys. You see a beautiful city rising it's like seeing a sausage, you don't want to know how it is made.
Much Know
#56 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 8:13:01 AM

murchr wrote:
newfarer wrote:
move the ocean too

RIPARIAN land refers to land next to rivers and streams, as usual our extremely stupid extortionist choo-nolist who are screwed for hogwash media jobs. Extremely stupid move. There are no laws about encroaching "sea riparian land", just beach front property, you can build provided your building is not eaten up by tides.
A New Kenya
hardwood
#57 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2018 9:44:05 AM

Njunge wrote:
murchr wrote:

This is too much now. If you eat too much your stomach will burst. Also kwani hii mshahara ya 1.4m per month is extendable like a rubber band mpaka it can buy choppers and build hotels all over mpaka in the ocean ("oceanperian" land)?
masukuma
#58 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 12:58:16 PM

People never see capital as a collective thing - narrow myopic brains see it as belonging to the person who has broken the law. Considering that "the law" is actually another made up thing. Anyway... my point is - you don't have to destroy capital to punish the transgressor.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
murchr
#59 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 6:22:45 PM

masukuma wrote:
People never see capital as a collective thing - narrow myopic brains see it as belonging to the person who has broken the law. Considering that "the law" is actually another made up thing. Anyway... my point is - you don't have to destroy capital to punish the transgressor.

There would be no loss of capital if the right thing was done in the first place. Correcting historical wrongs is always hard. Kerala India is going through the same debate.
masukuma
#60 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2018 9:03:10 PM

murchr wrote:
masukuma wrote:

There would be no loss of capital if the right thing was done in the first place. Correcting historical wrongs is always hard. Kerala India is going through the same debate.

Yes... because of some mind block people seem to consistently MISREAD what I write and reply to what they think I have written. Can someone here repeat what they think I was asking for and quote where exactly I said what they think I said.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!