wazua Wed, May 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Why can't we just move the river!!
wukan
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:13:50 PM

That recording between Waititu and sonkoLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

The level of impunity is just on another level "Waachilia kila mtu"
Kusadikika
#22 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:33:26 PM

wukan wrote:
That recording between Waititu and sonkoLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Only God will help us. Yaani serious matters are handled in such a kienyeji way; wachilia hawa, kuja nitakupatia approval etc. There are no processes, there are no systems!!!
hardwood
#23 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:43:49 PM

Demolish kibera, Mukuru kwa njenga, mathare, etc since they are on riparian/govt/public/railway land. Dont target the rich alone. You cant have one law for the rich and another for the poor.

Also originally nairobi CBD was a swamp, a riparian land, and should therefore all be brought down.
hardwood
#24 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 3:51:56 PM

Waititu says he's widely traveled and Netherlands/Holland is reclaimed land and that rivers have been moved to canals. Says that buildings and rivers can coexists. He says that kenyans should use their brains. That we shouldn't demolish and throw billions into the river. Says flooding in rivers is due to blocking of drainage by garbage and sewerage.

murchr
#25 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:09:06 PM

hardwood wrote:
Waititu says Netherlands/Holland is reclaimed land and that rivers have been moved to canals. Says that buildings and rivers can coexists. He says that kenyans should use our brains. That we shouldn't demolish and throw billions into the river. Says flooding in rivers is due to blocking of drainage by garbage and sewerage.

Reclaimed land from the sea is not = Riparian land. There's no need of giving European examples, part of the port of Msa is on reclaimed land.

Riparian lands are natures way of controlling river currents when the tide is up. Buffering
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fyatu
#26 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:20:06 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
wukan wrote:

Only God will help us. Yaani serious matters are handled in such a kienyeji way; wachilia hawa, kuja nitakupatia approval etc. There are no processes, there are no systems!!!

Trump defined places where decisions are made like this as shitholes and the matapakas of twitter went on an overdrive

Papa Francis of Asisi visited Nairobi and saw human beings living like pigs defecating on juala yet across the valley other people living like kings and shed tears. I said it here before that the greed shown by some landlords from a certain tribe of Kenya will kill us all including people belonging to that tribe. I'm sorry if this statement has offended anyone but its about time ukweli usemwe.These are the same guys who build beacon to beacon without a care of the health of the tenants and their children and yet the government of the day that is supposed to uphold the law tells them casually...kuja uchukue approval

Sonko hapo amejitia kidole kwa rectum na akanusa(kama chipanzee huko lake Tanganyika). Just the other day he was chest thumping(all pun intended) that no one including himself will be spared yet unwittingly here he is applying selective amnesia...eti your excellency first lady(when did all the BS begin?how many VVIPS do we have in this nation?)...I am very upset. This recording waters down everything Uhuru has been pretending to do
Dumb money becomes dumb only when it listens to smart money
hardwood
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:28:05 PM

murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Waititu says Netherlands/Holland is reclaimed land and that rivers have been moved to canals. Says that buildings and rivers can coexists. He says that kenyans should use our brains. That we shouldn't demolish and throw billions into the river. Says flooding in rivers is due to blocking of drainage by garbage and sewerage.

Reclaimed land from the sea is not = Riparian land. There's no need of giving European examples, part of the port of Msa is on reclaimed land.

Riparian lands are natures way of controlling river currents when the tide is up. Buffering

He saw this in Netherlands.

FRM2011
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:40:28 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Tokyo wrote:
When clueless voters elect a moron.
Voting should be a privilege to only genuine taxpayers

which tax? import, income, fuel based, VAT, corporate, I think we should only allow the corporations who pay taxes to vote.

I think we can start with a threshold, say, Kes.500,000 p.a. The rest of the idiots stay at home and wait for the outcome. Ofcourse we have clueless morons in that income bracket but they are the minority. Their stupid choices would never see end of day.
murchr
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:44:09 PM

hardwood wrote:
murchr wrote:
hardwood wrote:

He saw this in Netherlands.

Canals? Does artificial occur in his vocabulary? 2. Some of those buildings are ancient the canals were used as a means of transportation. Someone explained that some posts above.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#30 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:54:38 AM

More circus in the city....

wukan
#31 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:37:47 PM

These demolitions started out well but now trust some people to foul the waters.Sad Sad

Quote:
Two companies associated with Nairobi businessman Rahim Chatur have moved to the High Court seeking protection against alleged threat by Nairobi City County, which they say has given notice over alleged lack of building approvals.

Gemini Properties Limited and Scorpion Properties Limited claim that the Mike Sonko-led administration issued them with a notice that lapses on August 16 and is apprehensive that their buildings could be demolished.

Gemini Properties Limited, which owns New Muthaiga Estate building, says that it was given seven days to provide approved plans, occupation plans and in absence to vacate the building for demolitions.

https://www.businessdail...4300-1kpv0xz/index.html

Quote:
Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has suspended the construction of AVIC Tower on Waiyaki Way on grounds that it’s partly built on public land.

The cost of constructing the Chinese-owned building, adjacent to Villa Rosa Kempinski Hotel, is estimated to be Sh6.9 billion.

“We have suspended the construction and arrested over 15 contractors who include 10 Chinese nationals," County Director of Communications Elkana Jacob told the Star by phone on Thursday.

According to the charge sheet, the contractors will be charged with erecting the building without approved plans, contrary to Section 30(2) of the Physical Planning Act.

https://www.the-star.co....-15-contractors_c1803844
deadpoet
#32 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 2:52:04 PM

Stopping of Avic towers is ridiculous. Do they plan on blowing up seven high-rise towers because of sidewalks the contractors were forced to build in the first place?
tycho
#33 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:09:03 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

which tax? import, income, fuel based, VAT, corporate, I think we should only allow the corporations who pay taxes to vote.

I think we can start with a threshold, say, Kes.500,000 p.a. The rest of the idiots stay at home and wait for the outcome. Ofcourse we have clueless morons in that income bracket but they are the minority. Their stupid choices would never see end of day.

Please try to reason without emotional blanket statements.

Otherwise this 'Kenya belongs to the rich' attitude sounds 'stupid' in the first place...
Kusadikika
#34 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:29:56 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

Please come down from your Ivory towers. Are teachers are not qualified to vote? This is how much teachers earn after the 2015 pay rise:

Breakdown of teachers salary pay rise

a P1 teacher at Job Group ‘G’ will earn Ksh 26,707 up from Sh16,692
which amounts to an increase by Sh10,015 from
their previous pay.

Those at Job Group ‘H’commonly graded as ATS IV will take home Ksh
30,530 up from Ksh. 19,323. This translates to a
jump by Ksh. 11,207.

On the other hand, tutors at Job Group ‘J’commonly referred to as Graduate Approved
Teacher III (GAT III) who have been getting amonthly salary of Ksh24,662 will now be walking
home with Sh38,473, representing a pay rise of Sh13,811 while their counterparts at Job Group
‘K’ (GAT II) who have been earning Sh31,020 will now be paid Ksh48,391 translating to a leap of
Ksh17,371.

Job Group ‘L’ which draws educators from Graduate Approved Teacher I (GAT I) category
will now secure Ksh56, 020 up from Ksh35,910 they earned previously, representing an
increment of Ksh20,110 while a Senior Graduate Approved Teacher at Job Group ‘M’ who has
been earning Ksh 41,590 will now make Sh64,049 monthly accounting for a salary rise of
Ksh 22,459.

Principal Graduate Approved Teacher (PRIN GAT III) at Job Group ‘N’ will run away with
Ksh74,213 up from Ks48,190, representing an increase of Ksh26,023.

A Principal Graduate Approved Teacher at Job Group ‘P’ who has been pocketing Sh77,527 will draw a good Ksh
116,291, translating to an increment of Sh38,764.

At the same time, Senior Principal teachers at Job Group ‘Q’ will now receive Ksh134,622 up
from Sh89,748, translating to an increment of Ksh44,874 while Chief Principals at Job Group
‘R’ will carry home a cool Ksh. 163,634 monthly from an initial Ksh109,089, which awards them a
salary rise by Ksh 54,545.

maka
#35 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:11:51 PM

deadpoet wrote:
Stopping of Avic towers is ridiculous. Do they plan on blowing up seven high-rise towers because of sidewalks the contractors were forced to build in the first place?

Am sure by now you know how Sonko operates....He will ask for cash...
possunt quia posse videntur
murchr
#36 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:14:39 PM

maka wrote:
deadpoet wrote:

Am sure by now you know how Sonko operates....He will ask for cash...

If he asked for cash his ass would have been in jail by now. Sonko one hard nut to bribe. Problem is why are people encroaching? If this was private property would they have encroached?
hardwood
#37 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 4:28:28 PM

Sonko wrote:
We wish to inform the general public especially people residing around parklands, westlands and Riverside that we have this morning stopped the construction of the AVIC INTERNATIONAL BUILDING along the waiyaki way/ Chiromo road and arrested all the Chinese and kenyan contactors on site for defying the county planning laws by encroaching on the famous Chiromo close public access which is a feeder road to Chiromo lane which feeds Chiromo road and then waiyaki way. The said AVIC international have even refused to do a public surrender on the property they acquired as provided for in the county laws. It is alleged that they paid a substantial under table amount totalling to 2 million dollars equivalent 200,000,000/= in cash to the previous administration as protection fee and we should confirm that with the current staff in the building plans approval department Bosses who are still with us. I'm also aware that my officer have also arrested the site manager a Mr. ZHANG ZYENYA whose name has not being included in charge sheet after promising to pay pay a bribe of thousands of dollars in cash to my staff. Tuko radar yao wacha wakule pesa watajua hawajua. I SWEAR Kuanzia Tito kilonzi head of security compliance, Kathenge head of planning and approvals, arresting officers and the county prosecutor you will all go home by end of today.

All the suspects are facing charges of erecting a building structure without approved plans contrary to section 30(1) of the Physical Planning Act.

My administration will continue with the ongoing operation targeting rogue contractors and private developers who perpetrate acts of impunity and land grabbing.
T-Bag
#38 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:51:24 PM

Authorities to Taj Mall owners: Bring it down in two weeks
Read more at: https://www.standardmedi...ng-it-down-in-two-weeks

This Indian Taj Mall owner can go to hell, this kind of arrogance must be arrested ASAP. I dont think any African would speak so rudely to Indian authorities if they built on road reserves in Delhi. I can only imagine how rude he is to his employees !

https://twitter.com/citi...atus/1030023458846064640
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
murchr
#39 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:11:46 PM

T-Bag wrote:
Authorities to Taj Mall owners: Bring it down in two weeks
Read more at: https://www.standardmedi...ng-it-down-in-two-weeks

This Indian Taj Mall owner can go to hell, this kind of arrogance must be arrested ASAP. I dont think any African would speak so rudely to Indian authorities if they built on road reserves in Delhi. I can only imagine how rude he is to his employees !

https://twitter.com/citi...tus/1030023458846064640

Mike Ock
#40 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2018 1:47:55 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
Tokyo wrote:

If you think rich people are the bright ones to steer Kenya then you are unexposed. Kenya sio US where you get rich through brilliance and determination. 90% of Kenya's rich are nothing special, they just got lucky with some deals somewhere through kujuana. Get off your high horse