Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
VituVingiSana
#703 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2022 3:10:47 AM

Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
When is interim div payment date?

13 January or thereabouts

I like what SCBK did. Dividend on 30th Dec just in time for NYE and early Jan expenses.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
Ericsson
#704 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2023 10:46:22 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

I like what SCBK did. Dividend on 30th Dec just in time for NYE and early Jan expenses.

And KCB for njaanuary.
Ericsson
#705 Posted : Friday, January 06, 2023 10:48:31 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
mlennyma wrote:

And KCB for njaanuary since it comes when you are broke properly
Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#706 Posted : Monday, January 09, 2023 10:51:26 AM

KCB set to reclaim the 40 bob handle it lost months ago following a buy recommendation by Genghis Capital today, and probably the recent appointment of Adil Arshed Khawaja, an advocate of the High Court of Kenya, who previously served as a director of KCB Group, as a director of the Safaricom board.
KCB also handles the Hustler Funds, from where it is disbursed to the telcos.

Herebelow is a sneak preview of Genghis Capital's buy recommendation....
In this week's edition of the Weekly Cross-Asset Strategy Report, we give a recap of the equities and fixed-income markets' performance over the past week and our trading ideas for the coming week.

Our Momentum, Income, and Value equities portfolios continue to outperform the benchmark NSE 20 index. The performance of the Momentum and Income portfolios is ahead of the Nairobi All Share Index (NASI) and the NSE 20 index.

Genghis Trading Ideas for the week…
Equities
Accumulate on KCB – From our intrinsic valuation, we are of the opinion that investors stand to unlock c.44.1% in capital gains from the current market price of KES 39.20 against our fair value estimate of KES 56.50. As such, we recommend a BUY on KCB Group.
Fixed Income
FXD1/2020/005 at 12.35% - 12.55% levels: For investors keen on short term papers, we recommend participating in the FXD1/2020/005 (2.4yrs) auction at 12.35% - 12.55% levels.
FXD1/2022/015 at 14.05% - 14.15% levels: For investors keen on longer term papers, we recommend participating in the FXD1/2022/015 (14.3yrs) auction at 14.05% - 14.15% levels.
@SufficientlyP
Ericsson
#707 Posted : Friday, January 27, 2023 7:53:06 AM

KCB Group has picked the managing director of its subsidiary Banque Populaire du Rwanda (BPR), George Odhiambo, as the new MD for the National Bank of Kenya.

He replaces acting NBK boss Peter Kioko, who was picked in June last year after Paul Russo was named KCB Group CEO, taking over from Joshua Oigara, who retired.

Mr Kioko was the director of finance and strategy at the KCB Kenyan subsidiary.
Mr Odhiambo is credited with turning around the Rwandan operations and was appointed to lead its merger with Banque Populaire du Rwanda (BPR) in April last year.

He has been replaced by Patience Mutesi, who until last week was the Rwanda country director of TradeMark East Africa, a role she has held since July 2016. Ms Mutesi will take charge of BPR effective February 1, 2023.

https://www.businessdail...nagement-changes-4100360
xtina
#708 Posted : Wednesday, February 15, 2023 10:20:59 AM

Eh? Eh? NSSF sells Sh837 million KCB shares in rare move

The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) made a rare sale of Sh837.2 million worth of shares in listed tier-one lender KCB Group in the fourth quarter of last year, reversing some of the recent accumulation of the stock.

Disclosures by KCB show that the State-owned pension fund disposed of 21.63 million shares in the three-month period, cutting its ownership of the lender to 8.39 percent in December from 9.07 percent at the end of September.

The fund’s holding of KCB shares fell to 269.7 million units worth Sh10.44 billion by Tuesday’s closing price.

The quarter four sale came after a period of incremental purchases that raised the NSSF’s stake to the nine percent level from 6.12 percent in March 2019.

Ericsson
#709 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 9:23:39 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
TMB DRC acquisition concluded.
TMB balance sheet size is $1.7bn making TMB the second largest subsidiary in the KCB Group

Simba

KCB will now become the third largest bank in DRC, trailing only Rawbank and EquityBCDC.

“We are looking at trade finance as a big product to facilitate cross-border trading,” said KCB Chief Financial Officer Lawrence Kimathi.

Mr Kimathi added that the acquisition would also help the lender expand its loan book, noting that since announcing the deal with TMB, the lender has received a pipeline of KES 28 billion in facilities from sectors such as energy, cement manufacturing, and mining.

However, KCB is interested in trade financing, which protects parties involved in cross-border trade from risks such as currency fluctuations, political instability, and nonpayment issues.

- TMB will likely require cash/capital infusions.
- What did KCB pay for TMB? I bet Equity got in much cheaper. King James has skin in the game.
- Risks in DRC with the constant wars/drama?
- Equity has Equitel piggybacking on Airtel. Can Vooma compete?

All in all, if peace holds, then this will be good for KCB. Not easy though.

KCB CEO projects TMB DRC profits to grow by triple digits in FY2023.
TMB DRC will also provides funds like dollars which can be on-lent to other subsidiaries like Tanzania
watesh
#710 Posted : Monday, February 27, 2023 9:32:01 AM

Ericsson wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
obiero wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
TMB DRC acquisition concluded.
TMB balance sheet size is $1.7bn making TMB the second largest subsidiary in the KCB Group

Simba

KCB will now become the third largest bank in DRC, trailing only Rawbank and EquityBCDC.

“We are looking at trade finance as a big product to facilitate cross-border trading,” said KCB Chief Financial Officer Lawrence Kimathi.

Mr Kimathi added that the acquisition would also help the lender expand its loan book, noting that since announcing the deal with TMB, the lender has received a pipeline of KES 28 billion in facilities from sectors such as energy, cement manufacturing, and mining.

However, KCB is interested in trade financing, which protects parties involved in cross-border trade from risks such as currency fluctuations, political instability, and nonpayment issues.

- TMB will likely require cash/capital infusions.
- What did KCB pay for TMB? I bet Equity got in much cheaper. King James has skin in the game.
- Risks in DRC with the constant wars/drama?
- Equity has Equitel piggybacking on Airtel. Can Vooma compete?

All in all, if peace holds, then this will be good for KCB. Not easy though.

KCB CEO projects TMB DRC profits to grow by triple digits in FY2023.
TMB DRC will also provides funds like dollars which can be on-lent to other subsidiaries like Tanzania

It will overtake BPR and KCB TZ very fast in terms of profit contribution. In a few years it will compete properly with Rawbank in terms of corporate banking, a sector Equity BCDC was very not keen on from the start
Ericsson
#711 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2023 10:19:23 AM

Board Meeting to release FY2022 results is on the afternoon of 15 March 2023.
VituVingiSana
#712 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2023 7:52:28 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Board Meeting to release FY2022 results is on the afternoon of 15 March 2023.

Reported EPS is very good but I have my reservations. I am staying away. The DPS is down from 3 to 2 but that could be attributed to buying TMB and the weaker CARs.

NPLs are worrying.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
My 2 cents
#713 Posted : Wednesday, March 15, 2023 9:00:40 PM

I don't get it. If they have made a net profit of 40B and TMB cost 17B, why pay only 6.4B in dividends?
watesh
#714 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 11:10:42 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
I don't get it. If they have made a net profit of 40B and TMB cost 17B, why pay only 6.4B in dividends?

KCB Kenya is sitting on very very thin capital ratios and NBK still needs more capital. KCB Kenya core capital was down by a whole 22bn. Then there is the issue of 129bn in Gross Non-Performing Loans. It has only provided for only 52bn. Rising interest rates just means lower valuations on the treasury bonds. Retaining profits is the next best step.
Ericsson
#715 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 12:03:04 PM

watesh wrote:
My 2 cents wrote:

KCB Kenya is sitting on very very thin capital ratios and NBK still needs more capital. KCB Kenya core capital was down by a whole 22bn. Then there is the issue of 129bn in Gross Non-Performing Loans. It has only provided for only 52bn. Rising interest rates just means lower valuations on the treasury bonds. Retaining profits is the next best step.

They are also considering entering Ethiopia and have initiated talks with a few potential banks.This will also require cash.
Dividends will be depressed for the next two to three years.
Ericsson
#716 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2023 12:09:00 PM

My 2 cents wrote:

because paying higher than that will result in them being in breach of capital and CBK regulations ratios
MaichBlack
#717 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2023 2:17:13 PM

ZERO DEMAND for KCB shares!!!

Supply at 31.00/= Lowest it can go today!!!

Lucky it is a Friday. Tomorrow it would have hit twenties. Monday heads might be clearer and panic less.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
mufasa
#718 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2023 8:24:57 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

Lucky it is a Friday. Tomorrow it would have hit twenties. Monday heads might be clearer and panic less.

Eh?

Seems like the heads have not cleared. Equity also took a plunge of 8% or thereabouts.

Political and economic stability are very key for banking sector. We may be in this turbulence for a little longer until KK govt stabilizes.

This is why I personally preferred a parliamentary system of Govt (Like S.A.) as opposed to this presidential one of winner takes all and by default then controls parliament.
Do it today! Tomorrow is promise to no-one.
My 2 cents
#719 Posted : Wednesday, July 26, 2023 9:19:27 PM

mufasa wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Eh?

Seems like the heads have not cleared. Equity also took a plunge of 8% or thereabouts.

Political and economic stability are very key for banking sector. We may be in this turbulence for a little longer until KK govt stabilizes.

This is why I personally preferred a parliamentary system of Govt (Like S.A.) as opposed to this presidential one of winner takes all and by default then controls parliament.

Political and macroeconomic stability is important for all sectors not just banking alone.
obiero
#720 Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2023 8:34:40 AM

My 2 cents wrote:
mufasa wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Eh?

Political and macroeconomic stability is important for all sectors not just banking alone.

True. The absence of war does not indicate peace. I speak in code

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45