wazua Sat, Apr 20, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

9 Pages«<56789>
Centum Full Year results 2017/2018
VituVingiSana
#121 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:13:16 PM

Straddling Two Rivers
https://www.businessdail...43596-jjf8fl/index.html

Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
maka
#122 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:16:55 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:

Naughty choice of words... smile
possunt quia posse videntur
Angelica _ann
#123 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:18:57 PM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

They couldn't get a local to run the place?
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#124 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 11:37:39 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

They couldn't get a local to run the place?

1) Get the best - look at how Naikuni effed up KQ and now we have a Pole trying to revive it.
2) There are many Kenyans in Zambia in high-level documents. Also in Rwanda and Uganda.
3) Old Mutual might run the shots and SA firms are huge in Zambia. She may have worked for a SA firm.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
VituVingiSana
#125 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:12:24 AM

Sidian gets Sh235m funding for agribusiness SME loans
https://www.businessdail...8712-fsof6vz/index.html
Baby steps to get Sidian back in black...

"The loan, which runs for eight years, comes with technical assistance in the form of capacity building to better equip the bank’s staff with skills on best practices for agribusiness financing and product structuring."
Ericsson
#126 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 11:24:02 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

"The loan, which runs for eight years, comes with technical assistance in the form of capacity building to better equip the bank’s staff with skills on best practices for agribusiness financing and product structuring."

Next on line to be sold off
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
whiteowl
#127 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:38:04 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

How much more money is going to be poured into this black hole before they call it quit?
jmbada
#128 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:51:11 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:

What a lazy article!
the deal
#129 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:03:46 PM

This stock might go the Kenol Kobil way... If the DJ is ailing & can't do the day to day anymore and he doesn't have a successor among his children... Then the right thing to do is to sell to some of this SA companies like he has done with Haco to Tiger brands... UAP to Old Mutual... I don't think the DJ is the passive investor type... There were rumours a few years back that Investec were interested... Time will tell... At the moment the discount to NAV is mouth watering barring the troubles at Sidian Bank & real estate projects...
Ericsson
#130 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:48:33 PM

the deal wrote:
This stock might go the Kenol Kobil way... If the DJ is ailing & can't do the day to day anymore and he doesn't have a successor among his children... Then the right thing to do is to sell to some of this SA companies like he has done with Haco to Tiger brands... UAP to Old Mutual... I don't think the DJ is the passive investor type... There were rumours a few years back that Investec were interested... Time will tell... At the moment the discount to NAV is mouth watering barring the troubles at Sidian Bank & real estate projects...

He intended to make Polycarp Igathe the successor.
His stake in Centum is about 31% not meaningful for an investor who wants to control and give strategic direction
VituVingiSana
#131 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 6:52:41 PM

Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

His stake in Centum is about 31% not meaningful for an investor who wants to control and give strategic direction
31% can give you virtual control. In Kenya, in a firm with a diverse shareholding, the 31% at an AGM could be as good as 51% at an AGM/EGM since many shareholders do not vote. Others may support the "new owner" giving them additional heft.
I do NOT expect a takeover for the entire firm. As is, I need to ramp up my shareholding, pending additional research, before I want a takeover!

IMHO, I doubt CK will sell at 30 but his heirs may want the cash ASAP.
guru267
#132 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 7:03:57 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

31% can give you virtual control. In Kenya, in a firm with a diverse shareholding, the 31% at an AGM could be as good as 51% at an AGM/EGM since many shareholders do not vote. Others may support the "new owner" giving them additional heft.
I do NOT expect a takeover for the entire firm. As is, I need to ramp up my shareholding, pending additional research, before I want a takeover!

I remember a time not so long ago when he said he was still a buyer of these shares at Kshs 100
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
obiero
#133 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:21:19 PM

guru267 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

I remember a time not so long ago when he said he was still a buyer of these shares at Kshs 100

He actually did say that.. But I guess as a holder of significant shares himself, it could just be a ploy to prop up the share

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#134 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:47:01 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

You don't fight the government when in Africa.
Remember it still has a significant stake and influence
sparkly
#135 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:47:15 PM

obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

He actually did say that.. But I guess as a holder of significant shares himself, it could just be a ploy to prop up the share

Maybe not. If there is free float and he has cash, he will definitely buy.

Centum Started out as the Investment arm of ICDC. ICDC is a Parastatal but they invited private individuals to subscribe to the ICDCI shares.

DJ CK built up his shareholding in Centum by participating in cash calls and buying from other shareholders.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Ericsson
#136 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2018 4:18:58 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
guru267 wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
the deal wrote:

Maybe not. If there is free float and he has cash, he will definitely buy.

Centum Started out as the Investment arm of ICDC. ICDC is a Parastatal but they invited private individuals to subscribe to the ICDCI shares.

DJ CK built up his shareholding in Centum by participating in cash calls and buying from other shareholders.

@sparkly
Half year results f0r 2018/2019 will be out when
littledove
#137 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:22:40 AM

https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Centum-signs-Sh1-2bn-Vipingo-home-deals/4003102-4862882-view-asAMP-12d289i/index.html
Investment company Centum #ticker:ICDC has signed sale agreements with prospective homebuyers for units worth Sh1.2 billion at its expansive Vipingo real estate project at the Coast.

The Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm says it has sold 156 units, comprising of maisonettes, bungalows and apartments, at the 10,254-acre Vipingo Development in Kilifi.

The firm is set to release its half-year results on Monday.
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
Ericsson
#138 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2018 8:32:06 AM

littledove wrote:
https://www.businessdailyafrica.com/corporate/companies/Centum-signs-Sh1-2bn-Vipingo-home-deals/4003102-4862882-view-asAMP-12d289i/index.html
Investment company Centum #ticker:ICDC has signed sale agreements with prospective homebuyers for units worth Sh1.2 billion at its expansive Vipingo real estate project at the Coast.

The Nairobi Securities Exchange-listed firm says it has sold 156 units, comprising of maisonettes, bungalows and apartments, at the 10,254-acre Vipingo Development in Kilifi.

The firm is set to release its half-year results on Monday.

Hii ni PR tactics to push up the share price.We heard this before in the case of pearl marina,till today the project is yet to take off.
rwitre
#139 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2018 12:07:51 PM

Centum in deal to clean ocean water at Vipingo estate

Quote:
Investment firm Centum has signed a Sh321.15 million ($3.2 million) deal with a Dubai water management solutions firm for a seawater desalination plant at its proposed multi-billion shilling housing project in Kilifi.

Metito (Overseas) Ltd has been handed a one-year contract to set up a plant that will freshen salty Indian Ocean water by removing saline minerals.

The firm, which besides water desalination also manufactures water and wastewater treatment systems, has been given up to September 2019 to complete the project.
VituVingiSana
#140 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2018 11:38:16 PM

Isuzu says has capacity to make 30 mass transit buses monthly
https://www.businessdail...4648-p8m2duz/index.html
>>> Centum is a significant shareholder in this firm