wazua Mon, May 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages«<89101112>»
Russia 2018 World Cup
Angelica _ann
#181 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:23:16 PM

That was lovely, South Korea played their heart out!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
radiomast
#182 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:24:22 PM

hehe. All that praise that was lavished on Germany last time, praising their youth structures now seems to have been hyperbole. Even Germany could not escape the defending champions curse.

Now I just hope that Poland can beat Japan tomorrow so Senegal can qualify. Anything is possible in this world cup
Wororo
#183 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:28:26 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Wororo wrote:
I think there's a trend taking shape...

World Cup winners just capitulate as they "defend" their prestigious title - Brazil, Italy, France, Spain, Germany...

Despite having reached the equivalent of the quarter-final stage in each of the last 16 World Cups, Germany seem they'll exit way earlier than expected..

Waaah!!

Great free kick, Germans are good & will definitely go through!!!

It's surely a curse... When will it end...

Win it then exit during the following Group stage as the defense if the world title is in the offing - Italy, France, Spain and now Germany!
safariant
#184 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:22:32 PM

radiomast wrote:
hehe. All that praise that was lavished on Germany last time, praising their youth structures now seems to have been hyperbole. Even Germany could not escape the defending champions curse.

Now I just hope that Poland can beat Japan tomorrow so Senegal can qualify. Anything is possible in this world cup

I think the blame is with the coach. His initial squad selection was poor. He selected the old guard at the expense of of good young players. Players like Boateng and Neuer just came from injury to starting 11.
Germany won confederation cup with Team B of good young and hungry players, they should have played a bigger role.
The greatest act of bravery is chancing a fart while suffering from diarrhoea
#185 Posted : Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:33:47 PM

We all focused on Argentina going out that we forgot Germany...

BBI will solve it
:)
masukuma
#186 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:00:18 AM

safariant wrote:
radiomast wrote:

I think the blame is with the coach. His initial squad selection was poor. He selected the old guard at the expense of of good young players. Players like Boateng and Neuer just came from injury to starting 11.
Germany won confederation cup with Team B of good young and hungry players, they should have played a bigger role.

that's the problem... you win that thing then you jinx yourself
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Tokyo
#187 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:01:39 AM

Worldcup finals Belgium v/s Croatia. Colombia might be the other finalist
work to prosper
marex
#188 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:03:31 AM

Tokyo wrote:

The last time England went beyond Germany in the World Cup was in 1966 when they won it. Kaa Rada
The way I am
Lolest!
#189 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:54:54 PM

Africa outSad
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
masukuma
#190 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:15:45 PM

so disappointed
Angelica _ann
#191 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:17:00 PM

Lolest! wrote:
Africa outSad

Doesn't understand how Senegal have been eliminated!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
murchr
#192 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 7:24:40 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
Africa outSad

Doesn't understand how Senegal have been eliminated!!!

Ati yellow cards. African players need to be disciplined
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Fullykenyan
#193 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:09:00 PM

Africa does not deserve the 5 slots. They should give us 2 slots at most. When an african team is playing ,you cant recognise any system nor any strategy in them. It is tiring to watch africans playing football.
On another note,if Japan and South korea with their short boys can make it against giant teams,kenya should also give a serious shot now for the 2026 world cup.
The problem with kenya is that, our pool is very small. If we give chance to people whose name does not start with an O, we can seriously compete. We have the fitness and the tempo to boot.
Fullykenyan
#194 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:16:51 PM

Africa does not deserve the 5 slots. They should give us 2 slots at most. When an african team is playing ,you cant recognise any system nor any strategy in them. It is tiring to watch africans playing football.
On another note,if Japan and South korea with their short boys can make it against giant teams,kenya should also give a serious shot now for the 2026 world cup.
The problem with kenya is that, our pool is very small. If we give chance to people whose name does not start with an O, we can seriously compete. We have the fitness and the tempo to boot.
Mastermind
#195 Posted : Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:24:18 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:

Thats what former Ivory Coast had to say about Africa. I fully agree with him. I thought we have nationwide league where guys have to prove themselves hii maneno ya O's imetokea wapi.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
kaka2za
#196 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 6:55:02 AM

Fullykenyan wrote:

You lost me on the 'O' part. You probably also think we would better in athletics without the Ks and Cs

Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
T-Bag
#197 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 8:16:18 AM

Senegal!!!!Fair Play my foot! Yellow card dishing is subjective, two referees can arrive at opposing conclusions even after the VAR confirmanation.

I protest! Fairplay criteria should be stats like shots on goal, corners which are clear cut.

Search for Germany, replace all with Belgium and clear history......Russia sitoki
I AM trust in GOD, I AM belief in THYSELF
masukuma
#198 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 8:54:54 AM

T-Bag wrote:
Senegal!!!!Fair Play my foot! Yellow card dishing is subjective, two referees can arrive at opposing conclusions even after the VAR confirmanation.

I protest! Fairplay criteria should be stats like shots on goal, corners which are clear cut.

Search for Germany, replace all with Belgium and clear history......Russia sitoki

Rules are simple... you complain BEFORE THE JUDGEMENT not after. Once you agree to the rules - you stick to them.
marex
#199 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 9:02:40 AM

masukuma wrote:
T-Bag wrote:

Rules are simple... you complain BEFORE THE JUDGEMENT not after. Once you agree to the rules - you stick to them.

Football should not be decided on technicalities such as cards. The next time teams have equal yellow cards they might use free kicks, corners, or throw ins to decide. FIFA should review the fairplay parameter, its too much a technicality
The way I am
marex
#200 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 9:05:25 AM

Tokyo wrote:

Colombia won't go past the tournament winners, England
The way I am