wazua Tue, May 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Cytonn Listing at NSE
aemathenge
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:16:15 AM

mwekez@ji wrote:
The biggest risk I see here is assets verses liability maturity mismatch. The assets (properties) do take time to develop and sell, while the financial liabilities (funding of the properties) mainly have a maturity of less than 1 year.

What or which are the rest of the risks?
mwekez@ji
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:12:27 AM

aemathenge wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
The biggest risk I see here is assets verses liability maturity mismatch. The assets (properties) do take time to develop and sell, while the financial liabilities (funding of the properties) mainly have a maturity of less than 1 year.

My second biggest risk is the company not being able to find additional funds to complete the many massive property developments that it is undertaking simultaneously.

Over to others wazuans to add on the risks.
KulaRaha
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:22:48 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

My second biggest risk is the company not being able to find additional funds to complete the many massive property developments that it is undertaking simultaneously.

Cost of funding far exceeds profit on property.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Swenani
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:03:39 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

say's who?

They have stated before that their spread of CoC and RoI is around +6%
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
Horton
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:06:42 PM

Swenani wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

say's who?

They have stated before that their spread of CoC and RoI is around +6%

That’s as a minimum.
muganda
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:59:31 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

+ at 21% +(perhaps what IPO hopes to partly resolve)

Downturn in construction sector (evidenced by bank loans, cement companies results)

Depth of ownership (perhaps what IPO hopes to partly resolve)

Horton
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:22:32 PM

muganda wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

Downturn in construction sector (evidenced by bank loans, cement companies results)

Some more speculations. I guess it’s what we in Wazua do best....speculate

aemathenge
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:43:58 PM

Horton wrote:
muganda wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
mwekez@ji wrote:

No, some of us are oxy-whatevers, others are speculators but you, you are what? investment genius, Guru?

So, how about we play a game.

For everyone who gives the "wrong" information about Cytonn, how about you give us the real picture or a proven fact we do not know?

Do we have an accord?
muganda
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:38:13 PM

Horton wrote:

Quite unfair, everything in life has a risk. The risks listed are not opinions. An opinion states whether Cytonn is a good investment or not Shame on you
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:45:45 PM

I would never touch. Cytonn has never made sense to me. In my personal opinion, this has always been the end game.

BBI will solve it
:)
Angelica _ann
#31 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:44:10 AM

A general observation is that this Cytonn listing, if done in the next year or so, would be one of the fastest listing of a company, since its incorporation.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
sparkly
#32 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 9:10:30 AM

Angelica _ann wrote:
A general observation is that this Cytonn listing, if done in the next year or so, would be one of the fastest listing of a company, since its incorporation.

Listing threshhold for GEMS are really low i.e.

1. 10 million paid up capital - The price of a two bedroom apartment in middle class Nairobi Estates;

2. Operation for 1 year or more - It's almost an year since Sonko became Governor and he still has no deputy.

With such low threshhold we should be expecting over 1,000 SMEs firms to have listed by now.

What Cytonn want to do is neither remarkable nor wonder inspiring. They just want to list an SME firm which many businesses should have done by now.

Now to my personal opinion. Dande and Co. are young sharp minds. They plans and ambitions are bigger than the Cytonn container. In other words there is alot of potential in Cytonn. It is easier to sell potential to VCs than to Wanjiku.

This is obvious from the number of companies that list with lofty valuations but are brought back to reality by Mr Market. A good example is Home Afrika. Valued at 12 on listing but 5 years later, despite growing their balance sheet, the market values them at sub 1 bob. They only raised 1/3 of a 900m bond issue. Other examples abound like Transcentury and EA Cables.

Consequently IMO listing too soon will kill the company. They better grow the company with Smart Money and exit later because Wanjiku does not believe in dreams.
Life is short. Live passionately.
KulaRaha
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:05:25 AM

If this market allowed shorting shares, I'd sell Cytonn until the ponzi collapses (as all ponzis do). The profits would be like a NYS tender!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
sparkly
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:17:51 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
If this market allowed shorting shares, I'd sell Cytonn until the ponzi collapses (as all ponzis do). The profits would be like a NYS tender!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

You need some positivity in your life...
obiero
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:15:45 AM

sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

1. 10 million paid up capital - The price of a two bedroom apartment in middle class Nairobi Estates;

2. Operation for 1 year or more - It's almost an year since Sonko became Governor and he still has no deputy.

With such low threshhold we should be expecting over 1,000 SMEs firms to have listed by now.

What Cytonn want to do is neither remarkable nor wonder inspiring. They just want to list an SME firm which many businesses should have done by now.

Now to my personal opinion. Dande and Co. are young sharp minds. They plans and ambitions are bigger than the Cytonn container. In other words there is alot of potential in Cytonn. It is easier to sell potential to VCs than to Wanjiku.

This is obvious from the number of companies that list with lofty valuations but are brought back to reality by Mr Market. A good example is Home Afrika. Valued at 12 on listing but 5 years later, despite growing their balance sheet, the market values them at sub 1 bob. They only raised 1/3 of a 900m bond issue. Other examples abound like Transcentury and EA Cables.

Consequently IMO listing too soon will kill the company. They better grow the company with Smart Money and exit later because Wanjiku does not believe in dreams.

In the current shareholding set up. Did Dande, Nkukuu and Wanjama each fully pay up for their shares or do they want to sell what they never did buy? A crypto kind of ICO in the name of GEMS

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
sparkly
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:35:33 PM

obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

In the current shareholding set up. Did Dande, Nkukuu and Wanjama each fully pay up for their shares or do they want to sell what they never did buy? A crypto kind of ICO in the name of GEMS

Paying up does not mean writing a cheque to the bank only.
mwekez@ji
#37 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 1:19:30 PM

sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Besides, they could have contributed Kes. 7.75M only. The par value of their shares
obiero
#38 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 2:13:06 PM

mwekez@ji wrote:
sparkly wrote:
obiero wrote:
sparkly wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:

Besides, they could have contributed Kes. 7.75M only. The par value of their shares

Aha! And now sell it to wanjiku at obscene profit levels.. ni sawa

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Pesa Nane
#39 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:11:24 AM

Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
Swenani
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:02:06 PM

Pesa Nane wrote:

That tweet from Dande CC@Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?