wazua Sun, Apr 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages«<23456>»
ARM Cement FY 2017 disaster - 6.5bn loss
VituVingiSana
#61 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 3:33:03 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Demand is back at 2.50 [not heavy at those levels]. Offers have also dried up.
Heavy demand is at 1-1.50 according to my broker.

The share help up decently despite the open valves.

Open - 2.70
Close - 2.95

High - 3.00
Low - 2.45

Volume 1.2m

Bulls and bears are still pushing and shoving, none is a clear winner.

This could pay off big if PHP can find a Strategic Investor who will pay 20+ [NAV/share] as NEW money.
New money reduces debt + gives working capital to ARM.
Of course, there's always the option of cutting a deal with CDC to buy them out first!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
the deal
#62 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 4:01:52 PM

muganda wrote:

Assets could be massively overstated or have become obsolute...Next thing is asset write offs...Cash flow statement says it all... Valuing this company using NAV/Share is misleading... CDC got played... They must now retreat with tails between legs smile
VyaBureSiachi
#63 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 4:07:22 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Open - 2.70
Close - 2.95

High - 3.00
Low - 2.45

Volume 1.2m

This could pay off big if PHP can find a Strategic Investor who will pay 20+ [NAV/share] as NEW money.
Of course, there's always the option of cutting a deal with CDC to buy them out first!

Only lafarge is left at the table. Hao wengine walitoroka after looking at the books.
If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendour of the mighty one.
the deal
#64 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 4:33:42 PM

VyaBureSiachi wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

Open - 2.70
Close - 2.95

High - 3.00
Low - 2.45

Volume 1.2m

Only lafarge is left at the table. Hao wengine walitoroka after looking at the books.

What's the NAV minus the Tz factories?
VituVingiSana
#65 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 6:36:46 PM

Have the auditors flagged anything but the current ratio?
The assets have a lower value in a fire sale situation so ARM needs to sell this as a whole.
I wonder what the breakdown is in losses Kenya vs TZ.

KK was also losing money in TZ. Ohana said the atmosphere was toxic. KE firms aren’t liked.
Perhaps ARM needs to sell the biz. Dangote has a factory down south. He should buy ATM TZ in the north!
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
sparkly
#66 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 6:47:34 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
The assets have a lower value in a fire sale situation so ARM needs to sell this as a whole.

KK was also losing money in TZ. Ohana said the atmosphere was toxic. KE firms aren’t liked.
Perhaps ARM needs to sell the biz. Dangote has a factory down south. He should buy ATM TZ in the north!

ARM is very economical with their results. I would love to see their gross margins, operating margins and net margins. I would also have loved to see their segmental reports. Bure kabisa
Life is short. Live passionately.
RIEK01
#67 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 7:02:57 PM

Good people, stop wasting time over analysing a dead horse. For those with holdings, look for a exit or write off the investment.
VituVingiSana
#68 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 7:14:38 PM

sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

ARM is very economical with their results. I would love to see their gross margins, operating margins and net margins. I would also have loved to see their segmental reports. Bure kabisa

That's given in the Annual Report. Even KK doesn't give that info in the "results announcement"...
Will ARM have an Investor Presentation or Conf Call?
sparkly
#69 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 7:28:15 PM

RIEK01 wrote:
Good people, stop wasting time over analysing a dead horse. For those with holdings, look for a exit or write off the investment.

You cant make money in stocks with this kind of thinking. To make money in stocks you have to think and act counter-intuitively.

Sell popular stocks and buy unpopular stocks as long as the margin of safety is big enough.

ARM is worth at least 15B but now trading at less than 3B. I Consider the margin big enough.
obiero
#70 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 7:45:17 PM

sparkly wrote:
RIEK01 wrote:

You cant make money in stocks with this kind of thinking. To make money in stocks you have to think and act counter-intuitively.

Sell popular stocks and buy unpopular stocks as long as the margin of safety is big enough.

ARM is worth at least 15B but now trading at less than 3B. I Consider the margin big enough.

KQ equity is worth KES 72B

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
xxxxx
#71 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 7:45:46 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
sparkly wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:

That's given in the Annual Report. Even KK doesn't give that info in the "results announcement"...
Will ARM have an Investor Presentation or Conf Call?

Of course not...if they didn't do them during the years of plenty, expect nothing during these lean years. What kind if management spends half a newspaper advert talking about board changes while financial results are unnecessarily summarized? Its like CMA and NSE don't have minimum disclosure standards.
lochaz-index
#72 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 7:59:50 PM

Looking at the results, I get the impression that the balance sheet is lying. The cashflow statement says the core business is haemorrhaging money at a suicidal rate yet the balance sheet is of the opinion that the company is sitting on a gold mine of an asset book(NAV of 20). Shouldn't the prescription to turn around this patient be straight forward? Sell/cut off the gangrenous/ancillary parts as quickly as possible to prop up the business and by extension the company. ARM should not be in the current predicament with that balance sheet not unless they have juiced the figures in there by ridiculous margins.
The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many people as possible.
murchr
#73 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2018 8:26:20 PM

lochaz-index wrote:
Looking at the results, I get the impression that the balance sheet is lying. The cashflow statement says the core business is haemorrhaging money at a suicidal rate yet the balance sheet is of the opinion that the company is sitting on a gold mine of an asset book(NAV of 20). Shouldn't the prescription to turn around this patient be straight forward? Sell/cut off the gangrenous/ancillary parts as quickly as possible to prop up the business and by extension the company. ARM should not be in the current predicament with that balance sheet not unless they have juiced the figures in there by ridiculous margins.

Sorry to say but that could be the case. Even the auditors were concerned
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
sparkly
#74 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 8:36:27 AM

murchr wrote:
lochaz-index wrote:

Sorry to say but that could be the case. Even the auditors were concerned

Anyone with the full financials?
HaMaina
#75 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 12:45:27 PM

Auditor raises the red flag on ARM

https://www.businessdail...94378-p3h7r1/index.html
“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
mlennyma
#76 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 3:59:00 PM

HaMaina wrote:

So why the buying appetite?
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Metch
#77 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 4:13:47 PM

mlennyma wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

PPT. they will soon be exhausted and the downward spiral will resume
Start!
VituVingiSana
#78 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 4:20:25 PM

mlennyma wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

I am not an investor in ARM but it seems to me folks are looking at the 85% discount to NAV (FY 2017). So even if 50% of the NAV is lost in FY 2018, there's still a hefty margin if a Strategic Investor comes and buys out the minorities at 10/-.

That said, think of KQ which had a Rights at 14 when NAV was much higher BUT still burned through the new cash and the "old" NAV to end up with -ve NAV... then had a GoK bailout with cheap loans and did a coerced Debt Conversion... and now wants the assets of KAA to use as collateral!

So be careful!
heri
#79 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 6:46:49 PM

Have staff been paid their June salaries?
obiero
#80 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2018 6:47:53 PM

heri wrote:
Have staff been paid their June salaries?

Good question

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45