wazua Wed, May 15, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Minoring on Majors
masukuma
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:33:46 AM

Hopefully this thread would provide a data (ndata smile ) driven approach in quantifying the invisible reasons we are dropping off like flies. Here is a breakdown on why we are dying

Today's topic - Trans fats
Mafuta kama Kimbo, Cowboy and solid fats

That's more than the total number of MURDERS on the planet and almost 20 times more than TERRORISM.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Mukiri
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:49:51 AM

masukuma wrote:
Hopefully this thread would provide a data (ndata smile ) driven approach in quantifying the invisible reasons we are dropping off like flies. Here is a breakdown on why we are dying

That's more than the total number of MURDERS on the planet and almost 20 times more than TERRORISM.

You must have come across the Facebook debate yesterday in Digital Farmers. What is most appalling, is that the raw material to make our expensive killer cooking oil, is imported!!! We are not only killing ourselves, but we've included our farmers and economies to the mixSad

Proverbs 19:21
hardwood
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:22:58 AM

masukuma wrote:
https://image.ibb.co/bDA03y/death_causes.png

Na hii fat ni gani?

Kusadikika
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:44:20 PM

Studies on cause of death are in my opinion the most useless and sensational pieces of information. We all know that we will all die yet when a reason for the death is published it is meant to elicit some cause for action to eliminate the cause. Knowing that we will all die someday what would be an acceptable cause of death? Say we do all that we can and we eliminate Cardiovascular disease as a cause of death, what graph of death statistics would we want to see so that we can say, we are doing really well? If more people died of what, would we say there was no problem?

Technically everybody dies of the same thing; Cardiopulmonary arrest, the heart stops beating, blood stops circulating and breathing ceases. There is actually a medical exam that some Medical school professors with a dark sense of humor are fond of throwing at some students. A student is brought into a room in which the patient is dead and asked to conduct all the examinations and arrive at a diagnosis. It is a quite detailed examination that involves checking for responsiveness, checking the dilation of the pupils to light, checking for pulse and breathing etc.......... Only after doing all the examinations correctly can a diagnosis of death be arrived at.
hardwood
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:50:13 PM

masukuma wrote:

From that data it seems HIV/AIDS and malaria are small problems.
masukuma
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:04:30 PM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:

From that data it seems HIV/AIDS and malaria are small problems.

Worldwide yes... but most of those deaths happen in Africa.
hardwood
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 8:24:33 PM

Before kimbo and kasuku came into the scene our grandparents used to go to the butchery and get mafuta ya ngombe or kondoo ya kupima. And they were healthier than us with our elianto and golden fry liquid oils. Maybe we should go back to mafuta ya ngombe. The mafuta would also add the natural beef flavour instead of using roiko.
masukuma
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:02:28 PM

hardwood wrote:
Before kimbo and kasuku came into the scene our grandparents used to go to the butchery and get mafuta ya ngombe or kondoo ya kupima. And they were healthier than us with our elianto and golden fry liquid oils. Maybe we should go back to mafuta ya ngombe. The mafuta would also add the natural beef flavour instead of using roiko.

Who told you they were healthier than us?
hardwood
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:28:20 PM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

But they lived to 100yrs plus. You can only accomplish that after leading a healthy "organic mafuta ya ngombe" lifestyle.
Mukiri
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:56:09 PM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

But they lived to 100yrs plus. You can only accomplish that after leading a healthy "organic mafuta ya ngombe" lifestyle.

Alot of us are already back. Substitute 'We' for 'I'... Mafuta a Ng'ombe here is Ghee. Amongst the healthiest cooking oil in the world. Unfortunately overpriced, but if you visit your local supermarket, its a blessing if you get it. I use the tin KCC Ghee

kaka2za
#11 Posted : Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:21:51 PM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Those who survived past 10th birthday lived long.Child mortality was unbelievably high!
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
masukuma
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:43:46 AM

kaka2za wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Those who survived past 10th birthday lived long.Child mortality was unbelievably high!

I disagree - where is the proof! There is no proof! look around! where are the brothers and sisters to these very old people? wangapi wamefika hii miaka after crossing 10? We somehow romanticize these old people without statistical proof because we have seen one very old person somewhere and thought - they all lived to be that old. They died from diseases like the above but were misattributed and under reported. Cancers are not new... they appear to be new because more people are crossing the threshold where cancers start to show up. So kwa ufupi - we are likely to outlive these people just because of the sheer scale of people who will live to be 80,90 e.t.c.
masukuma
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:50:19 AM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

no that there are no 100 year old people but wenzao wako wapi? how many of them lived to be 100 yrs plus? and who tells you our group won't live to be over 100 years or more? Why 100 years? why not 200 years? the proper question is WHY!! We KNOW BETTER
tycho
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:33:00 AM

It's probable that the factors linked with the highest deaths are correlated with high wish for death given living conditions.

That is, as Karl Menninger found out man deliberately wills himself dead.

But, do we have data on how trees and other living organisms last? For example which organisms live the longest?
masukuma
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:44:26 AM

tycho wrote:
It's probable that the factors linked with the highest deaths are correlated with high wish for death given living conditions.

But, do we have data on how trees and other living organisms last? For example which organisms live the longest?

I think the sequoia trees are the oldest creatures I know. but... remember negligible senescence? some animals just keep going until they get killed by something or run out of food
Wakanyugi
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:45:44 AM

tycho wrote:

I understand the humble jellyfish lives forever.

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." (Niels Bohr)
tycho
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:26:07 PM

@masukuma and @Wakanyugi. Today I'm trying hard not to think hard. I woke up at 4 in the morning to pop some pills.

But given the question, it's been hard for me to resist the task.

First, what patterns can we discern from sickness, the shortest lifespans, and the longest ones?

Because they seem to be related.

And then what is time? My most recent definition is 'the measure of distance traveled by light'.

That would mean that immortality is a function of light. That is, sensitivity, transmission and reception of light.

When we search through ancient ideas we find sources that link longevity and breathing rates.

And breath and light are connected.

The housefly is the last stage of a certain organism's life.

Mukiri
#18 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 8:24:45 AM

tycho wrote:
@masukuma and @Wakanyugi. Today I'm trying hard not to think hard. I woke up at 4 in the morning to pop some pills.

First, what patterns can we discern from sickness, the shortest lifespans, and the longest ones?

And then what is time? My most recent definition is 'the measure of distance traveled by light'.

That would mean that immortality is a function of light. That is, sensitivity, transmission and reception of light.

When we search through ancient ideas we find sources that link longevity and breathing rates.

My fren, get into the opium of the masses, get peace that surpasses all understanding. Peace too, from the inevitable death. Then you'll be able to sleep at night.

tycho
#19 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 10:09:01 AM

Mukiri wrote:
tycho wrote:

My fren, get into the opium of the masses, get peace that surpasses all understanding. Peace too, from the inevitable death. Then you'll be able to sleep at night.

There are many other things that one can do to sleep at night.
tycho
#20 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2018 10:15:39 AM

Most humans know very little of themselves to be able to answer your question @Masukuma.

The matter seems to be about people dieing before their expected date rather than people dieing per se.

What a human's natural lifespan is, is something else that's under no consensus.

But for me humans are meant to be immortal.