wazua Mon, Apr 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

14 Pages«<56789>»
Safaricom FY2018
Ericsson
#121 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2018 7:37:57 PM

Telkom Kenya is giving safaricom a serious challenge in the mobile data business aka 4G
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
murchr
#122 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 6:16:24 PM

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
littledove
#123 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 6:24:07 PM

murchr wrote:

I think they have a hearing problem, we want data to buy with cash, ie increase data or reduce the purchase amount
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
VituVingiSana
#124 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 6:37:28 PM

littledove wrote:
murchr wrote:

I think they have a hearing problem, we want data to buy with cash, ie increase data or reduce the purchase amount

Safcom has a huge grip on the data market and this behavior will continue as long as Saf has a strong position.

I switched to Faiba4G using their modem but it is not for everyone.
- 5,600 for the modem so I carry an extra device.
- I have to keep it charged. Eventually the battery's life will be unacceptable.
- I use it primarily in "old" Nairobi and CBD/Nyali Mombasa. Some say it doesn't work well in "larger" Nairobi or upcountry.
- It may shut down if they don't pay their bills/fees.
- Sometimes it is slower than normal.
- I have a backup/alternate for the reasons stated above.

The savings make up for the hassle. The monthly bundle of 25Gb costs 1,000/- which buys only 3Gb from Safcom (reliable) or 6Gb from Airtel (slow).

If the others gain momentum then Saf might find it tough to claw back the market share.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
murchr
#125 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 7:06:36 PM

littledove wrote:
murchr wrote:

They are holding so much of my money in terms of bonga points so i'll not hesitate to use this opportunity
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Angelica _ann
#126 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 7:40:15 PM

murchr wrote:
littledove wrote:
murchr wrote:

They are holding so much of my money in terms of bonga points so i'll not hesitate to use this opportunity

Yap they are trying to reduce Bonga point liability / exposure in their books. They know they will still mumunya the data.
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
VituVingiSana
#127 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 8:07:20 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
littledove wrote:
murchr wrote:

Yap they are trying to reduce Bonga point liability / exposure in their books. They know they will still mumunya the data.

I don't think the issue is the liability since Safcom would rather sell you data for cash. The Bonga liabilities matter little to Saf since Safcom has the upper hand in valuing these Bonga Points.

This offer is a smart way of keeping subscribers from vuka-ing to other providers.
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
littledove
#128 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 8:57:45 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
littledove wrote:
murchr wrote:

I don't think the issue is the liability since Safcom would rather sell you data for cash. The Bonga liabilities matter little to Saf since Safcom has the upper hand in valuing these Bonga Points.

This offer is a smart way of keeping subscribers from vuka-ing to other providers.

I think most of those who have accumulated bundles won't bother the offer including me, 1gb which will just melt away is not worth those bonga point, better accumulate more and redeem a phone, I will continue with my 3gb for only ksh500 with Airtel and just use my saf line for calls and mpesa
There are only two emotions in the stock market, fear and hope. The problem is, you hope when you should fear and fear when you should hope
murchr
#129 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 10:17:21 PM

From the grapevine, there's a plan to introduce 5K prepaid line unlimited call txts and data
VituVingiSana
#130 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2018 10:43:01 PM

murchr wrote:
From the grapevine, there's a plan to introduce 5K prepaid line unlimited call txts and data

Now we are talking! Applause Applause Applause
Can I hotspot?
Pesa Nane
#131 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 10:07:44 AM

littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
littledove wrote:
murchr wrote:

I think most of those who have accumulated bundles won't bother the offer including me, 1gb which will just melt away is not worth those bonga point, better accumulate more and redeem a phone, I will continue with my 3gb for only ksh500 with Airtel and just use my saf line for calls and mpesa

Migrate the calls as well.
SAFCON to SAFCON is Ksh. 4 per minute
Airtel to ALL Networks is Ksh. 2 per minute ALL the time, FULLTIME. No subscribing, just calling.
Pesa Nane plans to be shilingi when he grows up.
rwitre
#132 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 2:00:53 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Can I hotspot?

In Kenya it's usually "unlimited" until you hit like 50GB and you're told "your data bundle is over". Purchase another to continue enjoying the services Laughing out loudly

kayhara
#133 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:37:39 PM

littledove wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
murchr wrote:
littledove wrote:
murchr wrote:

I have only been using my saf line for calls, but unlike @vvs, I got myself a nokia 2 phone, which supports Faiba it was only 10k, it's 4000mah battery is superb for tethering all day, on mpesa I am trying out the Loop app, it has all the mpesa paybills, till numbers etc and a fixed cost of 38 bob to send any amount of cash, which is a life saver, eg sending 20k to my iTrader account on mpesa is 115 bob while it's 44 on loop, it's still mpesa but subsidized especially if you make loads of transactions daily.
To Each His Own
murchr
#134 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:05:01 PM

rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Can I hotspot?

In Kenya Airtel it's usually "unlimited" until you hit like 50GB and you're told "your data bundle is over". Purchase another to continue enjoying the services Laughing out loudly

In other news, Magufuli denies Sylvia Mulinge work permit so I guess she will be back at Safcom
VituVingiSana
#135 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 6:35:54 PM

rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Can I hotspot?

In Kenya it's usually "unlimited" until you hit like 50GB and you're told "your data bundle is over". Purchase another to continue enjoying the services Laughing out loudly

I am OK with 50Gb for 5k for reliable countrywide service + unlimited calls and SMS. The data should be hot-spotabble.

I pay 1,000/- for 25Gb from Faiba 4G.
maka
#136 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 8:08:38 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Can I hotspot?

I am OK with 50Gb for 5k for reliable countrywide service + unlimited calls and SMS. The data should be hot-spotabble.

possunt quia posse videntur
VituVingiSana
#137 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:21:08 PM

maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Can I hotspot?

Doesn't help me. I am usually out and about on most days. Mobile data is a much better value for me.
Ericsson
#138 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:25:41 PM

VituVingiSana wrote:
maka wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Can I hotspot?

Doesn't help me. I am usually out and about on most days. Mobile data is a much better value for me.

Share price will continue being resilient to the bear run.
But if it falls to 20 and below tunaongeza
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
whiteowl
#139 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2018 11:06:14 PM

rwitre wrote:
VituVingiSana wrote:
murchr wrote:

Can I hotspot?

Safaricom had unlimited internet a while back then Bob said that customers were "misusing" it so it was discontinued.
murchr
#140 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2018 10:01:30 PM